Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

10 points away from top 4 now that Leicester won. Great fecking job that. A gap is starting to form out nicely.

Foxbatt

What gap did Jose leave? Was it 12?
But how close to the relegation zone now? 10 points to the CL spots and 5 points to the relegation zone. It is twice more closer to the relegation zone.

Mainoldo

Unless he won the title, I don't think we got what what is says on the tin. Mourinho himself was mocking Chelsea for winning an FA cup after he left.
Well we like excuses on this forum... so let’s be honest if it wasn’t for Pep we would have won the league in his second season. He did his job.

TrustInOle

Really not sure how people can blame Ole when players are always playing sloppy passes, mis controls, lack of vision, lack of positioning and finishing ability? Half our first team squad would struggle to make any top 10 side, it's hilarious what expectations have been set to. Other than being unable to break through a 10 man defence, I havent seen much wrong in tactical awareness.just look against the big teams already this season. Far inferior squads, but we have done very well. We have tended to dominate most matches we play that arnt against top 6, but once again, struggle to break them down, which a better quality of player would drastically improve on.

Rauður Djöfull

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-hints-lack-20800821

Ole hinting at no need for recruits in january, thought this was a rebuild in which a lot of players from the spring would not be involved and we would need a few windows and years to implement his style, utter rubbish the whole thing, this club is embarrassing on all sides of it now, on and off the field

if he lasts that long and brings no one in he needs sacking for that alone

Rista

it's hilarious what expectations have been set to.
Indeed! Only a year ago these kind of perfomances were unacceptable to everyone. But now apparently the team is not good enough even for mid table and it's got nothing to do with the manager. It's not like his actual job is to motivate the players and make the team greater than the sum of its parts or anything like that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Suprised we've let it get this bad, 10th at this point in the season is a joke. I really don't understand why our board's so hesitant to pull the trigger. I agree that a large chunk of the squad isn't good enough but it's better than 10th fecking place.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-hints-lack-20800821

Ole hinting at no need for recruits in january, thought this was a rebuild in which a lot of players from the spring would not be involved and we would need a few windows and years to implement his style, utter rubbish the whole thing, this club is embarrassing on all sides of it now, on and off the field

I mean, the level of incompetence to assume we don't need any players in January deserves sackings from top to bottom. Although I'm sure we'll get one or two players in, we seriously can't be looking at this team and think we can see out the season with our injury record and lack of squad depth, then again I might just be kidding myself.

dev1l

No need could also mean that none of our targets is available in January or else no funds are available.

Kostov

I haven't changed my vote in the sack thread, which I voted for him to stay, but it's gone too far without any signs of getting better. It's only a question of when the board get their shit together and pull the plug, and of course who is going to replace him. Thing is they will probably appoint another guy who is not the right choice.

Foxbatt

Really not sure how people can blame Ole when players are always playing sloppy passes, mis controls, lack of vision, lack of positioning and finishing ability? Half our first team squad would struggle to make any top 10 side, it's hilarious what expectations have been set to. Other than being unable to break through a 10 man defence, I havent seen much wrong in tactical awareness.just look against the big teams already this season. Far inferior squads, but we have done very well. We have tended to dominate most matches we play that arnt against top 6, but once again, struggle to break them down, which a better quality of player would drastically improve on.
This is exactly what your practice on the training ground. Passing under tight situations, ball control, how to create space, how to move into space(positioning) and finishing practice. Are you telling us that we are doing all those things on the training ground correctly and then the players when match day comes goes out and forget all what they they did during training and feck it up?
If so the manager should drop and fine those players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
11 points.
Cheers
But how close to the relegation zone now? 10 points to the CL spots and 5 points to the relegation zone. It is twice more closer to the relegation zone.
Well yeah, but Ole isn't going to be held accountable like Jose.
He's the manager :lol: You're saying it's not his fault for failing to do his job. He has to coach players at his disposal, and the ability of these players is far better than the shite performances we've seen all season.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Suprised we've let it get this bad, 10th at this point in the season is a joke. I really don't understand why our board's so hesitant to pull the trigger. I agree that a large chunk of the squad isn't good enough but it's better than 10th fecking place.

I mean, the level of incompetence to assume we don't need any players in January deserves sackings from top to bottom. Although I'm sure we'll get one or two players in, we seriously can't be looking at this team and think we can see out the season with our injury record and lack of squad depth, then again I might just be kidding myself.
You're surprised that the board don't care one bit about the football?

They are fully aware how good they have got it with Solskjaer here.

At this point, they are literally treating the fanbase as lemmings. It's blatant. Our narrative changes by the week based on what they think the fanbase will fall for.

Last edited:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Any thoughts on the idea that Mike Phelan is a big part of the playing style? I have wondered for a while if ole could appoint an attacking coach to try to help us in that space. Look at the difference between United under quiroz and under phelan - the last few years of fergie were very like today in terms of solid defence and really struggling to kill teams off. Fergie was very well known for letting his coaches do the training and taking a step back
He’s certainly part of the problem IMO.

During Fergie’s last few seasons there was a mega thread on here asking what exactly Phelan did.

The entire coaching team needs replacing with the manager.

Foxbatt

He’s certainly part of the problem IMO.

During Fergie’s last few seasons there was a mega thread on here asking what exactly Phelan did.

The entire coaching team needs replacing with the manager.
When Quiroz left our standard went down. I also think Fergie looked at Rene for a lot of the footballing stuff. I really do not see any pattern in our play. Players standing still. Look at the goal Southampton scored against City yesterday. I do not think we will score a goal like that.
Furthermore, under a good coach the United reject Lukaku is scoring like nobodys business.

tra1nee

Supports
port vale
I've always said this from day one and not even joking

A group of united die hard supporters that love the club, wouldn't be doing any worse with this team

And these are the list of managers who also wouldn't be doing any worse. Only difference is there wouldn't be any excuses made for them

Alan Curbishley
Glen Roeder
Sam Allydyce
Paul Scholes
Paul Ince
Stuart Pearce
Roy Hodgson

No one can honestly say that the managers above wouldn't be able to deliver the results that have been served up so far.
you forgot tony pulis :D

Alabaster Codify7

He's a Yes Man. He's a Sockpuppet.

Ole is thankful to even be in the job and is basically Woodward's fan-friendly mouthpiece. Whatever the owners want him to say, he'll say. He's basically their human shield because his time as a player built him a goodwill account with the fans and he gets a pass. Once they've used him up as much as possible and the fans are no longer sated by the bullshit that comes out of his mouth, the owners will dispose of him. Simple as that.

Sockpuppet.

dev1l

Read the article and nowhere you find Ole saying that.
I fell for it initially but reading the interview you realise that mirror reporter invented the heading.
Crap journalism

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The worst thing now, is any away game is losable.

In the older days, I'd stew on a United defeat for ages, but Bournemouth I was over in about 5mins, as It wasn't a shock.

Eddy_JukeZ

Any thoughts on the idea that Mike Phelan is a big part of the playing style? I have wondered for a while if ole could appoint an attacking coach to try to help us in that space. Look at the difference between United under quiroz and under phelan - the last few years of fergie were very like today in terms of solid defence and really struggling to kill teams off. Fergie was very well known for letting his coaches do the training and taking a step back
He's a massive problem as well.

Our entire coaching staff needs to be let go.

Robbie Boy

The worst thing now, is any away game is losable.

In the older days, I'd stew on a United defeat for ages, but Bournemouth I was over in about 5mins, as It wasn't a shock.
I don’t even need to get over it anymore, I’m totally numb to to it at this stage. As long as Ole is here, we’re going nowhere and I’ve accepted that. A-few wins here and there changes feck all when all the glaring issues remain.

Bayern have just sacked their manager, what exactly are we waiting for please? I like Ole but he has to go.

passing-wind

Bayern have just sacked their manager, what exactly are we waiting for please? I like Ole but he has to go.
The sentimentality of fans to roll over. In my opinion it's the fans keeping Solskjaer his job because they are lowering the expectations in some desperate plea to make it seem acceptable that we must fail before we reach success.

Before anyone comes with the Klopp comparisons, yes he was given time but look at the league finishes when he had a full season at his disposal: 4th, 4th, 2nd and now potentially 1st / 2nd. That's not even mentioning the intricacies of his philosophy on the starting 11. He's paying back the potential of longevity by attaining short term minimal successes. This is the only formula that can truly assess a managers eligibility to recieve investment / time in this present day. Poch is exactly the same at Spurs 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 4th with a shoe string budget.

Ole's record in the league 50 matches, 18 wins, 21 losses, 11 draws, 78 goals conceded. Pretty much sums up the situation we are in, no flavour of the month shiny new toys is going to change our fortunes.

TsuWave

“big dog, big nuts”

Bayern do not settle for mediocrity:

Eddy_JukeZ

“big dog, big nuts”

Bayern do not settle for mediocrity:

If Ole had those results and got sacked, I think fans would storm the grounds at OT.

Amazing how much he's getting away with just because he was a great player for the club. Lunacy.

el3mel

They sacked him because he lost 1-5. We lost 0-4 last season against Everton and barely flexed a muscle.

He'lmurderyah15

They sacked him because he lost 1-5. We lost 0-4 last season against Everton and barely flexed a muscle.
They have a squad FULL of world class players. Do you genuinely think that there is something other than inconsistency in this squad?

el3mel

They have a squad FULL of world class players. Do you genuinely think that there is something other than inconsistency in this squad?
And our squad isn't as shit as being 10th in the league with 13 points only and only scoring 13 goals with GD +2.

Status
Not open for further replies.