Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berba's_Flick

The commentators also picked up in the fact that there is no movement in the midfield and forward areas. This is all to do with the lack of coaching. Ole in my opinion has been given enough time to show at least a blueprint of what he wants. But I think his time is up. It should be the end of the road now.

The Bloody-Nine

We're in a position now where most of us can predict a loss against a team who is bottom of the league. No one is surprised in the slightest at the result. This is where Ole has Manchester United.

Eriku

If Ole could coach us to break down teams we'd create more chances and score more goals. We rely heavily on individual talent, hoping we intricately pass our way through a tight defence. If we can't counter attack then we struggle.
Maybe we’re not coached well. I would argue our lack of leaders and experience doesn’t help, and despite us being poor these days our name is still huge, so we’re still a massive scalp for the smaller times. I get the feeling our players get worked up and ready for the big games, but we can’t match the opposition’s intensity and focus against the smaller sides.

klayton88

Post match drinking game:

Rashy
Worked hard in training
Process
Lads will learn from this
They wanted it more
Not good enough
Fine Margins
We're Manchester United.

ArjenIsM3

This is such a tripe argument. You don't keep a poor manager because you sacked managers in the past. You have a certain level of expectations within a certain time frame and once it becomes clear they aren't good enough you move on.

The managers you named with similar poor form were sacked themselves so you literally have no case here.
But how can you be so certain Solskjaer is poor if "world class" managers like Mourinho and Van Gaal turned to shite here? Obviously the problems run far deeper than the manager. Don't get me wrong. I'm not (entirely) against sacking Solskjaer (anymore) but if we're going to sack him only to appoint someone like Pochettino and not hire a DoF again I'd rather stick with Solskjaer.

hp88

Would other top clubs sack him after that? Yes, because its not a one off. It's the umpteenth performance and result like that. What the feck do they do in training in the build up to games against teams like Watford?
This time last year we were on the same of points, Jose got the boot...

Bojan11

We're in a position now where most of us can predict a loss against a team who is bottom of the league. No one is surprised in the slightest at the result. This is where Ole has Manchester United.
Yeah but you must be totally blind to not see the plan.

thesheriffjw

Poch is sat waiting.
I seem to recall Ole saying he would always pick the best team available and would not guarantee places?

Lingard???
Martial? If hes not in the mood, forget it
Rashford? See Martial
De Gea? Another costly mistake that changed game
Fred & McT? Donkeys. Workhorses at best

if you struggle to get players up for the so called lesser teams, then that is a managerial problem.

Ole in every interview, DNA, stature, always the same shite. He was a sub at best, who had a manager in fergie, who could get the worst of teams, up for it.

Pogba returning is the only shining light after today, but thats him getting ready for Jan window. The only playergood enough to wear the shirt

Sanchez7

Needs to go. The squad is poor but his record since become full time manager has been atrocious.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Maybe we’re not coached well. I would argue our lack of leaders and experience doesn’t help, and despite us being poor these days our name is still huge, so we’re still a massive scalp for the smaller times. I get the feeling our players get worked up and ready for the big games, but we can’t match the opposition’s intensity and focus against the smaller sides.
Well that's Ole's responsibility, I don't expect us to challenge for the title with the current squad but we should be in the top 4 or closer to it. The top 4 are 8 matches while we play 30 matches against teams outside of it. We need to be winning far more and losing less against these teams.

It becomes increasingly difficult to defend Solksjaer, especially when Pochettino is out of a job.

Mal donaghy

AT WHAT POINT, is enough ,enough??? Jesus what the fook does he have to do to get sacked!! Its beyond comprehension how bad a team and manager we have,
And there is a first class PROVEN manager sat on his arse at home, or holiday, we could acquire, yet it looks like we are sticking by inept ole, and we could probably miss out again. Love solskjaer the player and man, but as a manager hes shite.

HowYouDoin

The time is right to fire him. Nothing to lose, very little to play for until the end of the season and he clearly isnt the manager to take us forward.
Time to hire Pochettino and give him time to get to know the team. This season is over anyway. Europa League is our only hope and I like our chances better with Pochettino than Solskjaer anyway.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I have to say Ole cuts a very uninspiring figure during matches. Most of the time he's sat down looking like he's in a dentist's waiting room anxiously facing the prospect of root canal surgery.

sdb4884

The signs of our mediocrity returning were unfortuantley there last week against Everton, big opportunity to impress but fell short big time and this is just more proof.

Eriku

Well that's Ole's responsibility, I don't expect us to challenge for the title with the current squad but we should be in the top 4 or closer to it. The top 4 are 8 matches while we play 30 matches against teams outside of it. We need to be winning far more and losing less against these teams.

It becomes increasingly difficult to defend Solksjaer, especially when Pochettino is out of a job.
Pochettino struggled just as much with Spurs this season, and they were CL finalists. How on earth are we more confident that he can raise the spirits of a fallen giant when he couldn’t do that for a team that ought to have been elated to have even been in a CL final?

I have to say Ole cuts a very uninspiring figure during matches. Most of the time he's sat down looking like he's in a dentist's waiting room anxiously facing the prospect of root canal surgery.
Its because hes out of his depth, he doesnt have a clue what hes doing!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The sheer incompetency of the people at the top to appoint a man who is so clearly out of his depth is still staggering. Their decision was motivated by pure emotion. The people who run this huge club appointed a manager 'cause they got caught up in the emotion of the moment.

Mental.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But how can you be so certain Solskjaer is poor if "world class" managers like Mourinho and Van Gaal turned to shite here? Obviously the problems run far deeper than the manager. Don't get me wrong. I'm not (entirely) against sacking Solskjaer (anymore) but if we're going to sack him only to appoint someone like Pochettino and not hire a DoF again I'd rather stick with Solskjaer.
Because your named managers actually had pedigree. Poch in particular did a terrific job with Spurs up to the prolonged bad form. He had nothing to invest and it was easier to sack him than change the squad once they reached the end of that cycle. Jose at least got an efficient 81 points in his second season.

I love Ole but this idea that he should be compared to these elite managers like its the same thing and can be explained away is a bit ridiculous. Ole has zero pedigree and has performed very poorly as a manager for us thus far.

The Bloody-Nine

The sheer incompetency of the people at the top to appoint a man who is so clearly out of his depth is still staggering. Their decision was motivated by pure emotion. The people who run this huge club appointed a manager 'cause they got caught up in the emotion of the moment.

Mental.
And they waited until he started losing to do it. :lol:

Godfather

He should just end this misery and resign. If he has any love left for this club he will.

I wish that honeymoon period after Mou left never happened. I also blame him for that.

el3mel

We can't turn a corner. Each positive result is just a false down. Just wasting everyone time.

Chairman Steve

OGS is not responsible for DDG having an absolute nightmare or giving away a penalty.

But he is responsible for the absolute lack of creativity involved in this game. He is also responsible for ensuring the team picking themselves up after conceding, because everyone goes behind at some point. He is also responsible for picking the team and making the substitutions to try and change the game in our favour.

All of these things he failed at today... against the worst team in the league. This is not the first time this season that this has happened either.

Cathy Ferguson

Shaw, AWB, Fred, McTominay, Lingard, Perreira, and James are not creative enough to break teams down. When will Ole realize this very obvious fact? It has been obvious for a very long time. It will not work in the future either.

Pogba will add much needed creativity but we need signings in January to reach top 6 or 4.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It does feel like there has been poisonous atmosphere since Van Gaal. Every manager sits there with a mean mug while the assistents look both uninterested and arrogant from Giggs to Carrick. I don't know what is going on but it Ole trying to create harmony seems to not be working.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
With Carrick the previous patient.

hungrywing

Against bottom half teams, start Williams/Greenwood and go a lopsided 442. You have the fast wingers to help stop the counter attacks that are going to start deep in their half providing you keep executing properly.

Absolutely bizarre that he doesn't line-up more attacking/rotate against bottom half teams. If you lose while taking a gamble you actually win in other areas and these effects can be leveraged over an entire season.

Also, you rotate to keep players motivated: if the 'weak' side draws/loses, then the next game you use that to get the more 'senior' side to work harder to pick them up; you also raise morale by showing trust in those younger players - wins with those games pay off tenfold, the list goes on and on.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Pochettino struggled just as much with Spurs this season, and they were CL finalists. How on earth are we more confident that he can raise the spirits of a fallen giant when he couldn’t do that for a team that ought to have been elated to have even been in a CL final?
New team, new challenge, fresh ideas, time to reflect. Managers grow and adapt. In any case he's shown that he can take a team that was outside the top 4 and turn them into a solid top 4 side while on a tight budget. He's achieved more than OGS as a manager. Even if you don't want Poch, Allegri is also available who's won title after title and come close to European glory.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Post match drinking game:

Rashy
Worked hard in training
Process
Lads will learn from this
They wanted it more
Not good enough
Fine Margins
We're Manchester United.
what about culture and patience?

drdoityourself

Away at a poor side we've seen this first half plenty of times. Yet he never reacts, subs all too late. And what he sees in Lingard at this point is just worrying.

He doesn't influence games by subs before the shit hits the fan, and gives no energy from the sideline. Unwatchable stuff.

bondsname

I
Against bottom half teams, start Williams/Greenwood and go a lopsided 442. You have the fast wingers to help stop the counter attacks that are going to start deep in their half providing you keep executing properly.

Absolutely bizarre that he doesn't line-up more attacking/rotate against bottom half teams. If you lose while taking a gamble you actually win in other areas and these effects can be leveraged over an entire season.

Also, you rotate to keep players motivated: if the 'weak' side draws/loses, then the next game you use that to get the more 'senior' side to work harder to pick them up; you also raise morale by showing trust in those younger players - wins with those games pay off tenfold, the list goes on and on.
Bugging me aswell. Both Klopp and Pep are both famous for attacking with a minimum of 5 players in most occassions; even against the big teams, and leave 3 players in the midfield position to play crucial passes, win the ball back, and get to the rebounds. We have a maximum of 3-4 players attacking , and one of those is Lingard.

Status
Not open for further replies.