Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welbeckham

Pathetic. It was obvious he needed to sub Rashford early (or not even start him). It was obvious he needed to sub De Gea for the penalties. It was obvious he should’ve kept Greenwood on.

Too much politics and favouring certain players without any reason. Not enough reacting to what’s actually happening on the pitch. Not the first time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I rated him as a manager, but not as a coach. I believe the whole coaching staff should be sacked and we need more progressive approach than centre backs as our playmakers.

I don't rate him as a manager anymore.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Had a shot at a title against Villareal and shat the bed but it's knee jerk aye?
It can't be kneejerk if it keeps happening can it? Isn't that against the definition of kneejerk?

Triple.Threat

He simply not made out for top class clubs, fighting for a top four finish and a decent cup run with some individual brilliance to bail him out he is your man though.

RedDevil@84

Shame on him. That was such a gutless performance from him. He did this with the Fred substitution in PSG game. So stubborn and in the process deliberately sabotaging the team's chances.
With the subs and a proper plan B, this was easily winnable. Villarreal are way below us on quality. But Ole showed he had no clue what to do when throwing all attackers in did not yield the results. Forget the crap refereeing. Him running Rashford to the ground like crazy., even when Rashford looked completely out of form, is simply inexcusable.

laughtersassassin

I said before the game we would have to sub on Henderson if it went to penalities. If I know that how can our manager not?

I think he got hist first 11 spot one but I very much disagree with his in game management Tonight

Progress? Not really.

Club is 4 years without a trophy. That's not progress.

SER19

Heartbroken for him. A club legend and I've nothing but love for him but tonight was a really damaging defeat. Some world class managers available this summer

dove

Very good season from Solskjaer and the staff. We should have had some trophy but that is expected next year.

Dramatic and hatefull comments here after losing final doesn't change that.
:lol:You never disappoint with your deluded nonsense.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
That game was lost by the 70th minute... top tier management simply can’t be just picking your best 11 players on paper and then hoping one of them does something over 120 minutes... this is huge blow

All Emery did was notice that we’re consistently shit against a low block and bad at set peices and play to that...it wasn’t a particularly special tactical gazumping.

izec

Tonight swayed me back to thinking he’s not the guy.
He didnt know what to do. He made it up every 5 mins in extra time what his plan was. I think when he spoke with McKenna 10 mins before the penalties je had his big master plan ready.

He is out of his depth. We dont have time until he learns. He will need another decade to win any sort of silverware

UncleBob

It looks to me that this is about as far as he can take us, he's done well to build up a competitive squad and one that I genuinely believe with a few additions could win the league, just not with him at the helm.
Pretty much.

No one should underestimate the insane job he's done to get us to the point we're at, and we're miles better off where we were when Jose got binned, but there's little reason to believe he's going to take us much further. His inability to change things around with subs cost us tonight and his gamble to keep Rashford on for 120 mins completely failed

Ronnie O'Sullivan

I don't think Ole was ever going to be the one that took us to 'that' level, he was always going to be the one that took us so far for someone else to take us the rest of the way

Question is is now the time for that someone else? It may well be...
Unfortunately the owners will probably give him another 3 year contract.

Godfather

That game was lost by the 70th minute... top tier management simply can’t be just picking your best 11 players on paper and then hoping one of them does something over 120 minutes... this is huge blow
This has been our plan for the whole of the season mate

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't think Ole was ever going to be the one that took us to 'that' level, he was always going to be the one that took us so far for someone else to take us the rest of the way

Question is is now the time for that someone else? It may well be...
If I believed our board could get him his signings, I wouldn't be against us going for Conte.

Dearg hÉireann

Well that just about summed up Solskjaer since he became manager. No evident coaching of the team, purely relying on a piece of individual brilliance that never came. A reluctance to make a substitution and before anyone says the bench was weak yes I know but anyone, and i mean anyone would have been better than Rashford tonight. I'm sorry but it's time to go based on that, he hasn't learnt and it's not likely he's going to after 2 and a half years of doing the same thing. That was there for the taking of we had any semblance of coaching on the training pitch.

pablo__p

Shocking today.

How are we supposed to trust him to take us to CL semis and beyond?

His track record is catastrophic.

Today Emeri out-smarted him completely, there was little luck in their win.

Ole's game management is going to be remembered for a long time. Truly balls-less.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People are saying he got the line-up right but I disagree.

Rashford should've started on the bench for two reasons. First, his poor form, and second, so that we could have a proper option on the bench.

GMoore23

Have been a huge supporter of Ole during his tenure but he's really pissed me off recently and tonight especially.
Threw the Premier League challenge weeks ago to focus on the Europa league and has now absolutely bottled it for the umpteenth time.
Carragher was right when he said earlier in the season that we looked like we didn't fancy it regarding our league challenge and it began with Ole.
It was the exact same thing tonight. Shit the bed, failed to make subs. Played negative football in extra time already preparing for penalties then keeps the worst penalties Keeper since the beginning of time on for them.
We owe De Gea feck all. He's held us to ransom on many occasions. Ole should have grew a pair and benched him for the shootout. Top managers make the big calls.
Fuming :mad:

Fooza

Spot on, 20 minutes and the whole ET wasted because he didn't bring on fresh legs to continue the pressure.

That alone is such a school boy managerial decision that I can't believe he's made in a final. shocking

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pretty much.

No one should underestimate the insane job he's done to get us to the point we're at, and we're miles better off where we were when Jose got binned, but there's little reason to believe he's going to take us much further. His inability to change things around with subs cost us tonight and his gamble to keep Rashford on for 120 mins completely failed
Definitely. I think he's genuinely done very well to get us to this stage, but I'm now looking around at our competitors who have the best managers in the world at the helm and just wondering when we're going to join them in appointing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.