Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

James35

He's Moyes level unbearable these days. Well for me at least, I just need to stay calm and let the world correct itself and Ole finally be found out once and for all. It may take a while but no way this much luck and blind loyalty can go on forever.

mckenzie79

He is definitely here for the season at least. We are like the Man Utd of the 70's and 80's. The board full of useless people, or people associated with past glories who can't move on with modern football. The people who refused to get Clough when he said he wanted to manage Man Utd, they said he'd be too troublesome.

Ring any bells with the current situation?

It is what it is. I find it so hard to accept, but slowly I am. The Glazers and the current board don't really care, so why should we?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
On the YouTube front its quite interesting. United Stand going in on Ole and the performance. Stretford Paddock digging their heels in looking at the positive side.

Denis Irwinning

Do you remember when he was raving about giving youth a chance? He has played Anthony Elanga 17 minutes this season. As a left-back. No Amad, Mengi, Hannibal. Not a minute. A manager for Manchester United can't be a coward, and he sadly is one.
In fairness the squad is huge. He can't even get them on the bench.

markhughes

You would think we were mid table and out of the champions league the way some of you bang on. We had a decent season last year and while this year hasn’t been great so far there is plenty to fight for and plenty of time to go.

Get behind the manager and the team and if they fall short at the end of the season then so be it, we can make a decision then, try to enjoy it the best you can, least we are not boring!

Lost bear

He's Moyes level unbearable these days. Well for me at least, I just need to stay calm and let the world correct itself and Ole finally be found out once and for all. It may take a while but no way this much luck and blind loyalty can go on forever.
Yes, I feel the same. I’m afraid, dear Caffers, it is driving me to a rant. I’ve reached the stage when I just cannot stand listening to the man, whatever he once did for us as a player.
Watching the post mortem on BT, I almost expected Rio or Scholes to say ‘Enough is enough, he has to go’ but I guess they can’t do that to one of their mates. However, I wish they would be more outspoken - on behalf of the club.
But Ole’s lexicon of cliche, his vacant grin and his refusal to take into account the current form of his players and to select accordingly - it has become so frustrating.
I have considered taking a holiday from football altogether, but I want to watch our potentially brilliant squad while I can.
To quote Ole, I guess- ‘er, that’s football.’⚽

R'hllor

On the YouTube front its quite interesting. United Stand going in on Ole and the performance. Stretford Paddock digging their heels in looking at the positive side.
Its not really surprising, United Stand through all shit can hit reality sometimes, Stretford Paddock cant hit shit, Howson is obnoxious prick trying to act knowledgeable, they also have their own version of Ty, dunno whats his name, only one worth listening is McKola.

United in sin

It's going to be a long wait considering he survived Liverpool and Liecester back to back. He has the most job security on the planet

rooney2009

You would think we were mid table and out of the champions league the way some of you bang on. We had a decent season last year and while this year hasn’t been great so far there is plenty to fight for and plenty of time to go.

Get behind the manager and the team and if they fall short at the end of the season then so be it, we can make a decision then, try to enjoy it the best you can, least we are not boring!
Nothing to enjoy mate
We have only had 1 decent game against a crap spurs Team all season
There is just nothing to enjoy watching Utd at the moment

Oranges038

Honest question why didn't Donny and Sancho get more minutes?
They were stood on the sideline for about 5 minutes while the ball was seemed to stay in play and not want to go out. Then they got a corner, eeven these guys know you don't make subs on corners. So they came on when it went out for a throw after that.

I don't know how he looks at some of these guys out there and doesn't sub them off sooner. He only brought Greenwood on because Varane was injured. Pogba should have been hooked after 20 minutes, it was clear he wasn't arsed. Rashford walked for most of the match, he should have been taken off at half time.

Nothing new I guess, maybe he wants them to be a goal scoring super sub like he was and he wants to somehow relive his playing days through them in some sort of weird fantasy.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
It was a bad team performance. I am not sure why Ole and his coaching staff find it so hard to find a bit of organisation with a back 4. Ole got the result he needed. I dread to think what kind of dogshi*e will be served up on the weekend. Let's hope Utd get a lucky win.

AFC NimbleThumb

& tonight’s winner of ‘Top Red’ Bingo goes to. . .

ExoduS

It is hard for Ole when two leaders absolutely stink this season: Maguire and Pogba. Fernandes also came down to earth somewhat after that amazing spell he had when he first came in for the most of the last season. Fernandes is still amazingly most creative player in the league. I think he created most goal chances by far.

No excuse for Ole as it is his job to play the players who will perform and it his job to inspire and get the best out of every player he chooses. If you can't do that, you are not good manager.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Nothing to enjoy mate
We have only had 1 decent game against a crap spurs Team all season
There is just nothing to enjoy watching Utd at the moment
In that completely sadistic way I’m enjoying Ronaldo’s one man crusade to keep him in the job.

Last minute equalisers and winners are never not enjoyable, no matter how god awful and rank the reality of the situation is. The one time we did it for Moyes (3-2 against Stoke IIRC) was still very enjoyable.

United in sin

It is hard for Ole when two leaders absolutely stink this season: Maguire and Pogba. Fernandes also came down to earth somewhat after that amazing spell he had when he first came in for the most of the last season. Fernandes is still amazingly most creative player in the league. I think he created most goal chances by far.

No excuse for Ole as it is his job to play the players who will perform and it his job to inspire and get the best out of every player he chooses. If you can't do that, you are not good manager.
Pogba has the most assists in the league. He's a big big reason we're so close to City on the pl table when our performances don't reflect that

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Pogba has the most assists in the league. He's a big big reason we're so close to City on the pl table when our performances don't reflect that
He got 4 in 1 game. I would imagine he is also topping the "chances gifted to the opposition with braindead passes" chart also.

ti vu

In that completely sadistic way I’m enjoying Ronaldo’s one man crusade to keep him in the job.

Last minute equalisers and winners are never not enjoyable, no matter how god awful and rank the reality of the situation is. The one time we did it for Moyes (3-2 against Stoke IIRC) was still very enjoyable.
Then it's the matter of differenent taste then, and this type of enjoyment is most likely appeased to the minority. The reason being it's sustainability is low due to its unpredictable nature. The feeling for some inevitable humiliating defeats is ever present. And mostly important, the chance for reward via trophies, individual award is again very low. It's truly tragically frustrating for heroic act would be ultimately undermined.

matt23

Classic Ole ball tonight to be fair. Got forced to change his shit system and the good players scored some goals.

SAF is the GOAT

We have so much talent in that team that we could look great if we had a proper tactical coach.

Ronaldo's first goal was most of it on Bruno - Played the pass to Cristiano and ran towards the goal to get the ball from Mason, that's an individual play and may I add smart play.

If only we did those types of passes and movements in games...

ndkhoa2020

Please Ole, have some dignity before Liverpool tragedy repeat. Do the inevitable thing to avoid inevitable disrespect.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
With the team we have and the way Ronaldo is playing, we should be in contention or one of the favorites to win the Champions League. I don't see how this won't be Ole last season unless we see a complete u-turn in performance. Ole and mate fc has lowered the standard so much at United that they have some fans thinking this squad isn't good enough to compete for the title or the champion league.

croadyman

What I dislike about Solskjaer is that he thinks he has a divine right to manage the club. He's been all smiles this week, even claiming to enjoy the criticism that has come his way in the wake of the Liverpool defeat. He is the safest manager in elite football and he knows it. Fergie hasn't helped at all by running to his rescue. It appears he must succeed at all costs
Yeah no wonder he keeps coming out with smug statements about enjoying the criticism when he knows his bosses have absolutely no bottle whatsoever to pull the trigger as evidenced by him surviving that scouse humiliation

passtheball

So let's recall some of the Top Reds' arguments from the recept past supporting Ole:

1. You can't sack a manager who is 2 points off the top.
We are now 8 points off the top and we all saw it coming. We will be between 11-14 points off the top by the end of November.
2. Ronaldo is the problem.
Ronaldo scores last minute winners/equalizers in 3 consecutive CL games. Would be back in the EL already without him.
3. 5-3-2 will save us because we beat Spurs (who then sacked their manager).
Ole abandons 5-3-2 as soon as a player gets injured.

Howson is still putting out videos saying that you can't trust the players.

Only two groups of people are enjoying United's slow-moving, permanent demise: oppo fans and Top Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.