Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch | Reports: Being considered for Canada job

90 + 5min

Not surprised. Good manager that was thrown under the bus by some players. TenHag is lucky that he don't have to deal with some of those players.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Just 1.1 million dollars for a brand new 5500 square feet house with a coast line?! Kristiansund must be hell on earth.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He's spending his time building this. Seems to still rely on individual brilliance.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/b...nnar-solskjaers-nye-droemmehus-i-kristiansund
To think we made this charlatan 4th best paid manager in the world, and handed him a fresh 3 year contract after bottling EL Final :houllier:

Business done under Ole looks worse day by day especially when it comes to big money signings:

1. Harry Maguire £80m
2. Aaron Wan-Bissake £55m
3. Bruno Fernandes £60m
4. van de Beek £40m
5. Amad Diallo £40m
6. Sancho £72m
7. Varane £40m

Only Varane and Bruno can qualify as hits, rest have all been a bust and we stand to lose big money when we sell. This is without getting into how many contract renewals which were approved under him for shit players. No wonder he left behind a complete mess and has no takers to employ him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Has he been sounded out by Everton? I gather Bielsa is the frontrunner for the job, but just saw some reports Ole had been approached too.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Has he been sounded out by Everton? I gather Bielsa is the frontrunner for the job, but just saw some reports Ole had been approached too.
This is one of those rare lose-lose situations. Everton should absolutely not give Ole an offer and Ole should absolutely not accept it if they do.

Can you imagine the reaction from Everton supporters if they go from Lampard to Ole? :lol: Not that Ole is any worse than Lampard but still...

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
To think we made this charlatan 4th best paid manager in the world, and handed him a fresh 3 year contract after bottling EL Final :houllier:

Business done under Ole looks worse day by day especially when it comes to big money signings:

1. Harry Maguire £80m
3. Bruno Fernandes £60m
4. van de Beek £40m
5. Amad Diallo £40m
6. Sancho £72m
7. Varane £40m

Only Varane and Bruno can qualify as hits, rest have all been a bust and we stand to lose big money when we sell. This is without getting into how many contract renewals which were approved under him for shit players. No wonder he left behind a complete mess and has no takers to employ him.
As soon as I see someone complain then inflate the transfer fees to make a player look worse i have to laugh

sepulturite

1. Harry Maguire £80m
3. Bruno Fernandes £60m
4. van de Beek £40m
5. Amad Diallo £40m
6. Sancho £72m
7. Varane £40m

To think there's still people like you on here getting this bent out of shape over Ole's reign this long after he's left, it's crazy.

Pintu

This is a myth. He may have been overpaid but he was not in the top 10…

RVN1991

To think there's still people like you on here getting this bent out of shape over Ole's reign this long after he's left, it's crazy.
Agreed. The man was out of his depth but calling him a charlatan because he isn't a top level manager? Pathetic, the guy is still a United legend and loves the club.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Should follow in Carrick and McKenna footsteps and take a job on in the championship or lower and build a reputation from scratch.

Strootman's Finger

I honestly can't see Ole taking another coaching role, because quite simply, he's not a coach. I think he's probably realized that, and knows the wise move would be to not put himself to be in a position to be criticized and eventually sacked.

Chairman Steve

The longer he’s out of the management game, the more I believe he just wanted to have the status of being the United manager and have no intention of being a top level manager. That is not the type of manager we should be hiring long-term and in hindsight, it was daft to hand him the keys to the kingdom after his caretaker stint.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Should follow in Carrick and McKenna footsteps and take a job on in the championship or lower and build a reputation from scratch.
He already tried that though?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I honestly can't see Ole taking another coaching role, because quite simply, he's not a coach. I think he's probably realized that, and knows the wise move would be to not put himself to be in a position to be criticized and eventually sacked.
McKenna and Carrick are doing alright. I think with the right club he can be quite successful. The thing is though he’ll have no coaching staff to join him as there both managers at other teams :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's a dumb line.

"Go down and learn the trade"

Why? Is that the established pathway towards managing in the PL? (It's not by the way)
Because no one else will/should hire him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Because no one else will/should hire him.
Will? There is news of him rejecting at least 1 offer in the PL. Worse managers have been hired. And despite not winning, he did ok with United. Moyes was worse and got hired by West Ham. He can absolutely get a job in the PL, all he has to do is wait.

Should? That's just wishful agenda thinking from you, which is your right, but that doesn't translate to him needing to drop to the Championship to again, "learn his trade". That's FM talk that doesn't translate to real life.

dove

Will? There is news of him rejecting at least 1 offer in the PL. Worse managers have been hired. And despite not winning, he did ok with United. Moyes was worse and got hired by West Ham. He can absolutely get a job in the PL, all he has to do is wait.

Should? That's just wishful agenda thinking from you, which is your right, but that doesn't translate to him needing to drop to the Championship to again, "learn his trade". That's FM talk that doesn't translate to real life.
I don't think Moyes is a good example to be honest. It was inevitable Moyes would be hired again because he did fine for over a decade in the PL before he got a United job. Surely no club was going to ignore that. Ole can of course get a job in the PL but it would be a lot lot harder than in Moyes' case.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Make no mistake. I don't like Ole as a manager but he gave us some brilliant matches after SAF. We had a unity and thought we were slowly getting back. Yes, tactics were horrible or we were one of worst coached teams but I would consider his period above everyone after SAF.

Give the man a break. Let him enjoy whatever he is doing now. No need to drag him back and criticize him again when we both have moved on. He is our own legend ffs.

hobbers

The fact he's now been out of a job for 14 months and doesnt seem in any hurry to get back in points to his managerial career being over. He went into coaching to be United manager, not to be a manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The fact he's now been out of a job for 14 months and doesnt seem in any hurry to get back in points to his managerial career being over. He went into coaching to be United manager, not to be a manager.
This is what I think as well. I just can’t imagine his ‘thing’ working anywhere else, not in England anyway.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't think Moyes is a good example to be honest. It was inevitable Moyes would be hired again because he did fine for over a decade in the PL before he got a United job. Surely no club was going to ignore that. Ole can of course get a job in the PL but it would be a lot lot harder than in Moyes' case.
Ole did better at United than Moyes. He had a bad ending but that's the case for nearly every manager. In the meantime he took United to a second place finish, a European Cup final, with victories against top teams on his resume.

If a PL chairman is soured by how it ended, there is nothing he can do in the Championship (a lower level of competition) to change the chairman's mind.

Again, the idea of him needing to drop down a level to learn his trade is absurd.

Gazza

The scrutiny in the Premier League is huge for a young manager still finding their voice. It is not a prerequisite to start at a lower level and work your way up, but it does allow a manager to get experience and put their theory into practice without the intense pressure that comes with being a Premier League manager.

Idxomer

McKenna and Carrick are doing alright. I think with the right club he can be quite successful. The thing is though he’ll have no coaching staff to join him as there both managers at other teams :lol:
That's probably a hint that they are the ones who covered his ineptitude as long as possible.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s nonsense to think he wouldn’t get another job. He took United to 2nd before it went pear shaped. Whether he wants to is a different matter

BarryWinks

Some in here are obsessed with labelling him as incompetent and ultimately not good enough for any job. He did a good job with united all things considered, and I don't see where 'failing at a big club's is an excuse to not give managers a chance as all will eventually fail at those clubs anyway.

The only issue is that majority of premier league teams are rich enough to go after the best coaching talents, especially ones from abroad, as evidenced by Villa, Wolves, Leeds, Brighton, even the likes of Southampton would rather hire a foreigner (e.g. Puel/Hassenhutle) than say an Ole.

I'm pretty sure he can get a decent job in the German or Spanish top flight if he wanted.

izec

He is shite, he is not getting tons of offers. We gave him enough money for him not to be bothered with the other jobs he is getting offered.