Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToToMarshall

We backed ourselves in to a corner giving him the job on a permanent basis, it’d be an absolute PR disaster to sack him now.

I can’t see the club trusting him with the £300m worth of surgery our squad needs though.

Short answer to your question is I think the club will do neither. The context is entirely different but I think it might end up being a very similar summer to last year under Mourinho.

el3mel

Here's my biggest worry.

We are likely going to lose De Gea, Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Sanchez simply because they want out. Does Ole have the spine to then sell the deadwood on top of that?

After last night, i think Ashley young is another team regular next season. Same with Smailling and Jones. He's going to be too scared to sell the likes of those clowns and the deadwood that won't even get a game (rojo / darmian etc)

He starts ashley young again? what the actual flap is that? Does Ole have a secret crush on his missus or something and wants to see her after the game? Young getting game after game is probably as deluded as LVG/Jose's obsession with Fellaini.
That was the most annoying thing and made the game even more useless.

So much for playing the youth in a meaningless game that he ends up with what, starting Greenwood and subbing on Gomes only? Seriously? It's a meaningless game. Start as much bloody youth and give them their debut.

What is the freaking point of starting Ashley fecking Young in such game?

This just made the loss even worse. It would have been more bearable if he played a full youngster team and we lost. Would have given the fans some players to watch at least, but to start the entire main team bar 1 youngster in such meaningless match.

That's terrible.

Reddevil1978

We could end up 7th easily.
He could finish 3rd and win the FA cup
He could finish 6th and win the Europa League

Who knows not me and not you, but I'm willing to give him two transfer windows and a chance to affect change in the squad and the way it plays.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Sure, why not? What had Zidane or Pep achieved before they were appointed by Real and Barcelona? What had Klopp achieved before he was appointed by Dortmund?
Thats what Ive been saying. If Ole hadnt bloody relegated Cardiff or been manager of bloody Molde for 5 years I would love to give him a chance. But i have seen what he can do already. Klopp didnt relegate a team before getting appointed neither did Zidane. They were given a chance and did well. Ole isnt starting off now he has been managing for years and done nothing to prove he is good enough

UnofficialDevil

He could finish 3rd and win the FA cup
He could finish 6th and win the Europa League

Who knows not me and not you, but I'm willing to give him two transfer windows and a chance to affect change in the squad and the way it plays.
Well Im not. Cardiff gave him a chance and he fecked them. And he hasnt won the league in Norway for years

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thats what Ive been saying. If Ole hadnt bloody relegated Cardiff or been manager of bloody Molde for 5 years I would love to give him a chance. But i have seen what he can do already. Klopp didnt relegate a team before getting appointed neither did Zidane. They were given a chance and did well. Ole isnt starting off now he has been managing for years and done nothing to prove he is good enough
Klopp got relegated with Mainz didn't he? I could be wrong.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Folks we had LVG and Mou.. For a long time considered some of the world's greatest and most successful coaches and they come here and things get fecked up. Note I purposely left out Moyes bc.. Wtf. Anyway, give Ole time, get a fkin DoF to help make the tough decisions... Feck Woodward and his noodles sponsorships and replace him and bring in someone who cares about footie as much as he cares about dollars. Give the players a computer test to see how much they love United and wanna be here.. Some shitty personality test or something.. cut the ones that say they d consider being somewhere else. Also cut the wages significantly bc most don't deserve to be paid more than the other 5 "big" clubs..don't like it? Take a hike.

/rant

johanovic

I am sorry but I can't see anything on the pitch, can you? I don't know but no plans or whatsoever What he was trying to do last couple of games? Look at his game management and his subs, can't see anything promising I am afraid.
His football brain worked quite well for the first 15 games where we won 12, 2 draws and one defeat. The Spurs win, Arsenal win, PSG win away while also holding the record now for biggest point tally by a top flight manager in their first 10 games.
So why did we not manage to keep this run going?
1. For the so called honeymoon period we did run much more than we did before. OGS has stated that this squad is lacking in fitness and running ability. It´s clear we have gotten back into that way of running much less again. Why? Are the players exhausted? Are many of them just not giving an effort and looking at the exit door?
2. Take this shambles today against Cardiff and the Huddersfield game. Being at the game today it was clear many of the players were just not botherd and Greenwood was the only joy to be had from that game. We started with a much better side on paper of course set out in a 4-3-3 and what? Pogba invisieble and not giving a effort, Dalot did not give anything attacking wise,Young his usual self,Pereira lost, McTominay bang average, Lingard just dreadful and Rashford not much better.

But to defend OGS once the players are on the field it´s mostly out of your hands. We hardly had game changers in droves on the bench and Martial as talented as he is just does not give an effort in most games. If players are not willing or able to run at more than half speed, do not show any effort bar a young 17 year old striker who outshone every other United player today. It sure did not look like many of them were worried about playing for their Man Utd future. We are at the bottom now in regards to the quility of the squad and now we must start to make sensible steps on the way back.

HisDudeness

Supports
Rangers
i dunno what's up but there is no excuse for drawing against huddersfield, then losing at home to cardiff. i mean on paper they are not THAT bad. maybe they have lost respect for ole.

UnofficialDevil

Just googled it, he did relegated, then he couldn't get them back up so left for Dortmund.

Upon his retirement playing for Mainz 05, Klopp was appointed as the club's manager on 27 February 2001 following the sacking of Eckhard Krautzun.[18][19] The day after, Klopp took charge of their first match, which saw Mainz 05 secure a 1–0 home win over MSV Duisburg.[20][21] Klopp went on to win six out of his first seven games in charge, eventually finishing in 14th place, avoiding relegation with one game to spare.[22] In his first full season in charge in 2001–02, Klopp guided Mainz to finish 4th in the league as he implemented his favoured pressing and counter-pressing tactics, narrowly missing promotion. Mainz finished 4th in 2002–03, denied promotion again on the final day on goal difference. After two seasons of disappointment, Klopp led Mainz to a third place finish in the 2003–04 season, securing promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history.[23]

Despite having the smallest budget and the smallest stadium in the league, Mainz finished 11th in their first top-flight season in 2004–05. Klopp's side finished 11th again in 2005–06 as well as securing qualification for the 2005–06 UEFA Cup, although they were knocked out in the first round by eventual champions Sevilla.[22] At the end of the 2006–07 season, Mainz 05 were relegated, but Klopp chose to remain with the club.[24] However, unable to achieve promotion the next year, Klopp resigned at the end of the 2007–08 season.[25] He finished with a record of 109 wins, 78 draws and 83 losses.[26]

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Klopp got relegated with Mainz didn't he? I could be wrong.
He did and resigned after failing to achieve promotion, this was before Dortmund.

@UnofficialDevil Every managerial appointment is a risk, nothing is ever certain, like our previous two appointments before Ole showed us. Let him be given a chance before we bring out the pitchforks. At least, he understands and respects the institution that is Manchester United, something I can’t say about all the other managers post-SAF.

rotherham_red

He finished 2nd in a one team league. 5 points behind them. In Norway. Give him the Manchester United job.
And where are Molde now, with the same set of players he developed and predominantly the same backroom staff? Top of their league is where they are. It shows the benefits of staying the course and backing the manager. Short term bumps like the ones we're experiencing are worth it in the long run. He's shown on two different occasions of building teams from the ground up. That, along with his brilliant start is enough for me to see what we can achieve with him at the helm.

These players, and this board are a collective mess. The board doesn't have a clue about the game, and the players don't care or have much pride in their profession. There are 4 different managers players here. All of which are suited to drastically different philosophies, and Ole has had to make do with the mess he's inherited when he joined. He now has a chance to start shaping the team in his image. It won't change overnight because he's been hamstrung by a board who are more concerned with resale value than results on the pitch, hence why Jones, Smalling et al were given new contracts. But he will make a start on this in the summer, and that's all that can realistically be hoped for next season: that we start the long road back to respectability.

If by August, these same wasters are still given prominent roles in the squad then I will admit you were right and I was wrong, but I won't jump on the bandwagon and turn on the one person who has given me hope as a fan since Fergie left.

Dec9003

Upon his retirement playing for Mainz 05, Klopp was appointed as the club's manager on 27 February 2001 following the sacking of Eckhard Krautzun.[18][19] The day after, Klopp took charge of their first match, which saw Mainz 05 secure a 1–0 home win over MSV Duisburg.[20][21] Klopp went on to win six out of his first seven games in charge, eventually finishing in 14th place, avoiding relegation with one game to spare.[22] In his first full season in charge in 2001–02, Klopp guided Mainz to finish 4th in the league as he implemented his favoured pressing and counter-pressing tactics, narrowly missing promotion. Mainz finished 4th in 2002–03, denied promotion again on the final day on goal difference. After two seasons of disappointment, Klopp led Mainz to a third place finish in the 2003–04 season, securing promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history.[23]

Despite having the smallest budget and the smallest stadium in the league, Mainz finished 11th in their first top-flight season in 2004–05. Klopp's side finished 11th again in 2005–06 as well as securing qualification for the 2005–06 UEFA Cup, although they were knocked out in the first round by eventual champions Sevilla.[22] At the end of the 2006–07 season, Mainz 05 were relegated, but Klopp chose to remain with the club.[24] However, unable to achieve promotion the next year, Klopp resigned at the end of the 2007–08 season.[25] He finished with a record of 109 wins, 78 draws and 83 losses.[26]
Yeah, so you was telling porkies when you said Klopp hadn't been relegated.
Not that it means Klopp isn't a great manager, he is.

UnofficialDevil

He did and resigned after failing to achieve promotion, this was before Dortmund.

@UnofficialDevil Every managerial appointment is a risk, nothing is ever certain, like our previous two appointments before Ole showed us. Let him be given a chance before we bring out the pitchforks. At least, he understands and respects the institution that is Manchester United, something I can’t say about all the other managers post-SAF.
Do you just read what ever you want? In his first season he achieved 4th. And comparing Ole to Klop is just silly.

Dec9003

He did finish fourth, but its worth noting that was in the second division in Germany.

UnofficialDevil

Yeah, so you was telling porkies when you said Klopp hadn't been relegated.
Not that it means Klopp isn't a great manager, he is.
Jesus Christ.

In his first full season in charge in 2001–02, Klopp guided Mainz to finish 4th in the league as he implemented his favoured pressing and counter-pressing tactics, narrowly missing promotion. Mainz finished 4th in 2002–03, denied promotion again on the final day on goal difference. After two seasons of disappointment, Klopp led Mainz to a third place finish in the 2003–04 season, securing promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history

Thats how Klopps carreer started.

Scholsey2004

The results and performances recently have been very poor and of course that doesn't reflect well on solskjaer. I'm inclined to think though that it may largely be because so many players are reaching the end of their time here either by their own choice or the clubs whilst other players are still considering their future and yet others are trying to get unrealistic wages based on the Sanchez contract benchmark. We've been badly mismanaged from the top for years now and this is simply the chickens coming home to roost. There are a substantial number of players here who most clubs would have moved on as deadwood as well but who here have had steadily better contracts for years. Solskjaer needs at least a couple of transfer windows.

Dec9003

Jesus Christ.

In his first full season in charge in 2001–02, Klopp guided Mainz to finish 4th in the league as he implemented his favoured pressing and counter-pressing tactics, narrowly missing promotion. Mainz finished 4th in 2002–03, denied promotion again on the final day on goal difference. After two seasons of disappointment, Klopp led Mainz to a third place finish in the 2003–04 season, securing promotion to the Bundesliga for the first time in the club's history

Not what you said though is it.
You said "Klopp didnt relegate a team before getting appointed" appointed where? Dortmund? He had, because he'd been relegated by Mainz, Liverpool? Same again.
Just do this reading before you post next time, not after.

tippex

He has had five months to improve the team, but the team seem to be getting worse the more time he has spent with them. The team hasn't shown any sign of good coaching nor cohesion, and he seems to be completely out of his depth.
Our form in the last few weeks is how managers usually get the sack, and with Solskjaer's not-so mindblowing CV, should he really be giving millions to spend and trusted to lead us into next season, or should the club be more ruthless, sack him and consider other appointments? At this point, I would say giving him millions to spend would be rewarding mediocrity.
Genuinely what did you really expect?
The bloke came in and got a massive bounce but the players have gone back to show what they were like for Jose.
I am more concerned about the players having 0 professionalism and fighting for the badge than Ole's credentials. Judge him on what he does in the transfer window (assuming Ed doesn't do his usual party trick and fecks things up).

I'm not sure what sort of improvements you expected when in the time Ole has been here there have been practically 2 games a week. Personally I would have liked to have seen the kids play more.
But I would ask if you had the job what would you have done differently?

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

UnofficialDevil

Not what you said though is it.
You said "Klopp didnt relegate a team before getting appointed" appointed where? Dortmund? He had, because he'd been relegated by Mainz, Liverpool? Same again.
Just do this reading before you post next time, not after.
Did Solskaer managed to promote a team on a minimum budget from the championship to the premier league and then get relegated? no. Because thats what Klopp did.
Ole took over Cardiff ended up last and got sacked.
Why are we even comparing? its pointless

Skills

Snitch
Did Solskaer managed to promote a team on a minimum budget from the championship to the premier league and then get relegated? no. Because thats what Klopp did.
Don't worry, the Ferguson comparisons are about to pop out next. As they did with Moyes and even fecking Van Gaal and Mourinho :lol:

Dec9003

Did Ole managed to promote a team on a minimum budget from the championship to the premier league and then get relegated? no. Because thats what Klopp did.
I'm not comparing, just pointing out your error, after you compared Ole getting a chance to Klopp getting a chance, funnily enough.
If we were comparing though, its worth pointing out that Ole won the league in Norway with a team that isn't expected to, and finished first in a Europa league group that featured Celtic, Ajax and I think Fenerbache? Not bad going really.
Also got a 1-0 over Sevilla, despite going out 3-1 over two legs.

Jibbs

We need to act fast before it is too late.

A whole sale changes are required to control this rot.

Starting from top.

Send Ed Woodward back to director of Marketing role.

Appoint VDS as CEO

Appoint Paul Mitchell as Technical Director / Director of Recruitment

Can give Ole some role as Director of Football to look after academy. It will still be quite a jump from what he was doing six months ago.

Appoint Pochettino before Juve or Bayern come calling.

Back this team with money and give them authority.

We seriously need a structure at united, not appointments based on sentiments. Rio, Fletcher should only be hired as consultants or as a team for supporting director of football and director of recruitment.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
And where are Molde now, with the same set of players he developed and predominantly the same backroom staff? Top of their league is where they are. It shows the benefits of staying the course and backing the manager. Short term bumps like the ones we're experiencing are worth it in the long run. He's shown on two different occasions of building teams from the ground up. That, along with his brilliant start is enough for me to see what we can achieve with him at the helm.

These players, and this board are a collective mess. The board doesn't have a clue about the game, and the players don't care or have much pride in their profession. There are 4 different managers players here. All of which are suited to drastically different philosophies, and Ole has had to make do with the mess he's inherited when he joined. He now has a chance to start shaping the team in his image. It won't change overnight because he's been hamstrung by a board who are more concerned with resale value than results on the pitch, hence why Jones, Smalling et al were given new contracts. But he will make a start on this in the summer, and that's all that can realistically be hoped for next season: that we start the long road back to respectability.

If by August, these same wasters are still given prominent roles in the squad then I will admit you were right and I was wrong, but I won't jump on the bandwagon and turn on the one person who has given me hope as a fan since Fergie left.
And I'm guessing if they were last, you would be talking about how incredible Solskjaer is that he was making relegation candidate players finish in 5th.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Jesus Christ.

And this Ole’s Molde career:

On 18 March 2011, Molde played their first league game under Solskjær and suffered an embarrassing 3–0 defeat to newly promoted Sarpsborg 08. They played their first home game of the season on 3 April, where despite coming from 1–0 down to lead 2–1 they were held to a 2–2 draw by league leaders Tromsø. Molde's first goal under Solskjær was scored in this game, by Senegalese striker Pape Paté Diouf. On 17 April 2011, Solskjær won his first Tippeligaen game at Molde with the 3–2 home win over Stabæk. On Molde's 100 years anniversary on 19 June 2011, Solskjær lead the team to a 2–0 victory over Sogndal and the top of the Tippeligaen. On 30 October 2011, Solskjær won the Tippeligaen with Molde in his first year as manager for the team.[135]

On 11 November 2012, Solskjær's team, Molde, won the Tippeligaen for the second consecutive year after they beat Hønefoss 1–0, whilst their closest title challengers, Strømsgodset lost 2–1 away to Sandnes Ulf.[138]

In 2013, Molde suffered a tough season opening with only 7 points in the first eleven matches. Under the guidance of Solskjær, Molde managed to recover and at the end of the season the team finished in sixth place with 44 points in 30 matches. On 24 November 2013, Molde beat Rosenborg 4–2 in the 2013 Norwegian Football Cup Final to win the Norwegian Football Cup for the third time in the club's history, thus securing a place in the 2014–15 Europa League qualifiers.[139][140]

On 21 October 2015, Solskjær returned to Molde, signing a three-and-a-half-year contract to become their new manager.[150] His first match back in charge was the next day, with Molde defeating Celtic 3–1 at home in the Europa League group stage.[151] His first game in the league was a 2–1 away win against Aalesunds on 25 October.[152] He won the next, and final, two games of the 2015 Tippeligaen against Viking and Start, with Molde finishing in sixth.[153][154] Meanwhile, in the Europe League group stage, Solskjær guided Molde to first place, ahead of Fenerbahçe, Ajax and Celtic.[155] On 14 December, Molde was drawn against the title holders and eventual champions Sevilla in the Round of 32.[156] Molde lost the away leg 3–0 on 18 February 2016 but won the home leg 1–0 on 25 February, getting knocked-out 3–1 on aggregate.[157][158]

The 2016 Tippeligaen started fairly well for Solskjær with Molde winning seven, drawing three and losing two games in the first 12 matches with Molde sitting in second place. However a bad stretch of form followed with Molde failing to win their next six games, losing five of them – including a 3–1 defeat to league leaders Rosenborg on 28 May 2016.[159] Molde then won the next four games, including a 4–2 victory over Odd on 21 August with two goals coming in stoppage time from substitutes Tobias Svendsen and Harmeet Singh.[160] In Solskjær's first full season back as manager, Molde finished fifth in the league after losing on the final day of the season 1–0 to Lillestrøm.[161]

Molde's initial form under Solskjær in the 2017 Eliteserien was mixed with the club winning their first two matches – including a stoppage time winner against Lillestrøm on 5 April 2017[162] – but after that they only won one of their next seven games leaving Molde in tenth. Form improved however with Molde only losing just once in the next nine games, winning six including two 3–0 victories against Tromsø and Aalesund, bringing the club up to third place.[163][164] After losing the next two matches, Molde went unbeaten for the next seven games, winning six with two last minute victories against Odd and Vålerenga – seeing Molde go second.[165][166] Solskjær reached the semi-final of the Norwegian Football Cup on 17 August after a 2–1 victory over Kristiansund.[167]

The match took place on 21 September with Molde losing 3–0 to Lillestrøm, who went on to win the Cup.[168] Solskjær helped Molde finish second his in third season, seven points behind winners Rosenborg, seeing the club qualify for the first qualification round of the Europa League.[169][170]

The 2018 Eliteserien was Molde's best year under Solskjær since his return, starting the season with three wins against Sandefjord, Haugesund and Tromsø sending Molde top.[171][172][173] After a 4–0 defeat against Rosenborg on 8 April 2018,[174] Molde's form began to vary with the club getting only three wins in the next eight matches leaving the club in eighth. However Solskjær oversaw Molde go undefeated over the next five games including: a 4–0 away win over Brann on 1 July;[175] a 5–1 victory against Vålerenga on 8 July;[176] and a 5–1 win against Brann on 12 August.[177] On 11 July, Molde played away against Northern Irish side Glenavon in the first qualifying round of the Europa League, losing 2–1.[178] Molde won the return leg 5–1 on 19 July, sending them through to the next qualification round.[179] Molde were then drawn against Albanian team Laçi, beating them 5–0 on aggregate.[180][181] For the third qualifying round, Molde faced Hibernian over who Solskjær led his team to a 3–0 win on aggregate.[182][183] Molde were drawn against Russian side Zenit St. Petersburg on 6 August,[184] who they faced on 23 August with Molde losing 3–1 away.[185] Solskjær's Molde won the return leg on 30 August 2–1 but it was not enough as Molde were knocked out 4–3 on aggregate.[186] After suffering defeats in the league to Stabæk and Ranheim at the end of August,[187][188] Solskjær led his side undefeated for the rest of the season – winning eight out of ten. His best win in this run was against title challengers Rosenborg on 30 September, who Solskjær beat 1–0.[189] Despite this it was not enough as Molde finished the league in second place, five points behind winners Rosenborg. On 3 December 2018, Molde announced that Solskjær extended his contract till the end of the 2021 season.[190]
Not that different from pre-Dortmund Klopp and in a comparable setup to Klopp’s Mainz at the time.

Un4givableB

I personally feel that Ole should go and agree with the woman below about there being no shape etc. in the way we play

I love Ole as a person and what he did for us as a player. He gave me some of my favourite ever football memories but it feels taboo on here to say he should go. Rather accept we made a mistake now than next season and waste literally another year or two (sack him half way through, new manager and then let them have a summer themselves and repeat)
The lady restores my faith in the sanity of some Utd fans. Some here are living in an alternate reality.

UnofficialDevil

I'm not comparing, just pointing out your error, after you compared Ole getting a chance to Klopp getting a chance, funnily enough.
If we were comparing though, its worth pointing out that Ole won the league in Norway with a team that isn't expected to, and finished first in a Europa league group that featured Celtic, Ajax and I think Fenerbache? Not bad going really.
Also got a 1-0 over Sevilla, despite going out 3-1 over two legs.
Klopp got a chance because he promoted a team and then finished 11th 2 seasons on a row with the smallest budget
Ole took over a team and got relegated.

He hasnt won the league with Molde since returning. 6th 5th and 2nd.

Dec9003

Klopp got a chance because he promoted a team and then finished 11th 2 seasons on a row with the smallest budget
Ole took over a team and got relegated.

He hasnt won the league with Molde since returning. 6th 5th and 2nd.
True, but as I said he got out of a Europa league group with some handy sides which is impressive.
I don't think there's a massive difference in their careers leading upto getting a 'big job'

UnofficialDevil

True, but as I said he got out of a Europa league group with some handy sides which is impressive.
I don't think there's a massive difference in their careers leading upto getting a 'big job'
The Manchester United job right now is not the same as the Dortmund job either. Being manager at Manchester United right now has to be the most difficult managers post in the world.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
We will be successful under Ole if he is given time. He is trying to play his style and it was coming off at first. I believe he will sort out the squad and we'll be back to winning ways come the new season.

We are going to challenge for the title next season (unless we really fail in the transfer market). That's my prediction!

NK86

When he approves contract extensions for dross like Jones and Young, then it is very difficult to trust him with a rebuild job.

MisterLupus

Solskjær isn't going anywhere until December at the soonest (and only if he does a bad job which I really hope he won't) so what's the point even asking this? He's our man for the time being so we need to do our part at least and back him - lift the spirits not just add to the negativity. Also he is actually trying to play the kind of football a lot of fans wants this team to play - high pressing and fast paced with emphasis on youth development - but the team isn't up for it. Too lackluster and with the exception of a few players where's the touch and the ability to read the game and generate some flow? The skills? The effort? The consistency?

Some of the passes are so random and players aren't even backing eachother when a teammate has the ball and is getting boxed in - and technically even some of the basics aren't present. Many of the goals have come from absolute blunders - the kind you'd expect to see in from a team struggling at the bottom or even a division down - not fighting in the top of the Premier League. This team is where it deserves to be and I doubt any manager would have done better. The opposite in fact - I'd say we've scraped more points than this team warrants since Ole got here - so the only thing I'm concerned with when it comes to him is that he seems too nice and relaxed a guy.

I'm not seeing enough drive - he doesn't seem angry and passionate enough. Could be some form of necessary social strategy from his side of course because he knows circumstances will force him to still work with these players next season as well - but even if that's the case it's a bad strategy he needs to set the bar and make sure everyone knows exactly what's expected of them and what they'll face if they fall short. We'll see after the summer - he's given all the players fitness goals and been firm in saying that those refusing to do their homework will be playing at a lower level - and based on interviews he seems to have a sober view on where this squad is at and what needs fixing. I'm hoping to see some more enthusiasm from the sidelines though - really am - both him and the coaching staff needs to look as involved on the bench as they themselves expect the players to be on the pitch.

Even Sir Alex aged seventy didn't just sit there and stare whenever his team fell apart - despite old age he still ran right out there both screaming and gesturing whatever needed to be screamed or gestured. That sort of enthusiasm is infectious - it spreads onto the players as does aloofness - so I hope Ole understands this and starts probing for his inner madman then release it whenever needed :keano:

Last edited:

Un4givableB

Starting from top.

Appoint VDS as CEO

Can give Ole some role as Director of Football to look after academy. It will still be quite a jump from what he was doing six months ago.

We seriously need a structure at united, not appointments based on sentiments. Rio, Fletcher should only be hired as consultants or as a team for supporting director if football and director of recruitment.
I would have some respect for the Glazers or Ed Woodward if they have the balls to do any of that.

UnofficialDevil

Starting from top.

Appoint VDS as CEO

We seriously need a structure at united, not appointments based on sentiments. Rio, Fletcher should only be hired as consultants or as a team for supporting director if football and director of recruitment.
I wish... thats what a proper club should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.