Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks2008

Not sure culture is the problem as much as quality of personnel at the club from the board all the way down to the players. We've hired poor managers (or at least poor versions of them), signed loads of duds for huge sums, and have Woody and his mates doing a shit job running things.

You can have everyone with good attitudes and intentions pulling in the same direction but won't matter if they're all mediocre.

Mainoldo

Not sure culture is the problem as much as quality of personnel at the club from the board all the way down to the players. We've hired poor managers (or at least poor versions of them), signed loads of duds for huge sums, and have Woody and his mates doing a shit job running things.

You can have everyone with good attitudes and intentions pulling in the same direction but won't matter if they're all mediocre.
Welcome to West Ham.

AshRK

I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I post about Ole in his threads. It's not my problem really that there multiple threads about him in the forum which are all similar. For example what's the about of the voting thread about him being sacked or not when the vote can be done in this thread we are posting in instead of a completely separate one? Combine all the talk about him here and I won't spread negativity in multiple threads.

It's really bizarre that we have 2 previous managers who were slaughtered left, right and center here and apparently the moaning wasn't a problem back then.
So you are more upset that Jose was slaughtered. If I am not wrong weren't you always defending Jose till the end. I get you don't like Ole but why are you adamant in wanting everyone to hate him. Many don't rate Ole as a manager (me neither) but atleast try presenting a balanced opinion. We win, you moan, we draw you moan, we lose you for sure moan, we beat Norwich you moan, we beat Wolves you moan, We buy player you call them not worth for the money, we don't buy players you moan. Are you a Jose fan or United fan because you seem more like a former.

ReddBalls

Mediocre people pulling in the same direction would still get somewhere while mediocre people phoning it in won't. You obviously have to have both talent and a good culture.

el3mel

So you are more upset that Jose was slaughtered. If I am not wrong weren't you always defending Jose till the end. I get you don't like Ole but why are you adamant in wanting everyone to hate him. Many don't rate Ole as a manager (me neither) but atleast try presenting a balanced opinion. We win, you moan, we draw you moan, we lose you for sure moan, we beat Norwich you moan, we beat Wolves you moan, We buy player you call them not worth for the money, we don't buy players you moan. Are you a Jose fan or United fan because you seem more like a former.
That's not true. I gave him credit whenever we played well this season. I posted a praise for him after the Liverpool draw and said his tactics were fine. I posted here after Norwich and Brighton game saying we played pretty good football. I gave him big credit for Spurs and City wins and gave him credit for how way of managing the Burnley game. When we drew with Everton I didn't criticize him. So saying I'm moaning at all cases means you read nothing and are just jumping the ship of replaying because it's fun currently to slaughter me. This point isn't worth going any farther. Anyone can search my posts in the thread for these matches, or why jump to these matches. Maybe check the earlier pages and you will see I was actually on the side who wanted him appointed back then and was happy with the decision. In fact someone criticized me here previously of contradicting myself because I was over praising him in the first 3 months before eventually turning on him. All this and I apparently moan at all cases and hate him. Good job.

I don't want to force anyone to change his opinion. This is a football forum. People are supposed to post their opinion and those who disagree with them are supposed to replay and express their own opinion and say why the think the opposing opinion. If people want to hear their opinion only and don't want to discuss with those who are challenging them for different opinion then why bother joining an internet football to start with.

As for the Mourinho part yeah sure is that why I'm posting in the United forum more than a year after he was sacked and not posting in any of his threads in this forum any longer? If I am a Mourinho fan boy why didn't I move to Spurs forum then? By this great logic I'm can also say those who are defending Ole are Ole supporters who care more about him more than caring about the club. Pretty weka argument thrown out of nowhere to be honest. Not much different from the glory hunter stuff. People need to realize that the ones following the club currently and posting in this forum are the one ones interested in the club purely, as we don't have a big superstar, a top known manager and we aren't winning trophies to attract managers fans, players fans or glory hunters. If there were any they had left long time ago I assure you, so these accusations and useless and baseless.

Last edited:

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
One of Ole’s biggest jobs has been getting rid of the shite players. Sanchez, Smalling, Lukaku, Fellaini, Darmian, Young and Hererra have all gone. They were all either not good enough or coming to a stage in their career where they needed to be shipped out. Bailly, Matic, Jones and Perreira will soon follow. LVG tried this but just signed more dross to replace the dross he shipped out (who were actually decent players) and then Mourinho come in and signed about two billion pounds worth of extra dross without ever getting rid of any dross at the club already.

Mainoldo

One of Ole’s biggest jobs has been getting rid of the shite players. Sanchez, Smalling, Lukaku, Fellaini, Darmian, Young and Hererra have all gone. They were all either not good enough or coming to a stage in their career where they needed to be shipped out. Bailly, Matic, Jones and Perreira will soon follow. LVG tried this but just signed more dross to replace the dross he shipped out (who were actually decent players) and then Mourinho come in and signed about two billion pounds worth of extra dross without ever getting rid of any dross at the club already.
Shame the guy correctly doing this doesn’t have a clue how to coach.

AshRK

That's not true. I gave him credit whenever we played well this season. I posted a praise for him after the Liverpool draw and said his tactics were fine. I posted here after Norwich and Brighton game saying we played pretty good football. I gave him big credit for Spurs and City wins and gave him credit for how way of managing the Burnley game. When we drew with Everton I didn't criticize him. So saying I'm moaning at all cases means you read nothing and are just jumping the ship of replaying because it's fun currently to slaughter me. This point isn't worth going any farther. Anyone can search my posts in the thread for these matches, or why jump to these matches. Maybe check the earlier pages and you will see I was actually on the side who wanted him appointed back then and was happy with the decision. In fact someone criticized me here previously of contradicting myself because I was over praising him in the first 3 months before eventually turning on him. All this and I apparently moan at all cases and hate him. Good job.

I don't want to force anyone to change his opinion. This is a football forum. People are supposed to post their opinion and those who disagree with them are supposed to replay and express their own opinion and say why the think the opposing opinion. If people want to hear their opinion only and don't want to discuss with those who are challenging them for different opinion then why bother joining an internet football to start with.

As for the Mourinho part yeah sure is that why I'm posting in the United forum more than a year after he was sacked and not posting in any of his threads in this forum any longer. If I am a Mourinho fan boy why I didn't move to Spurs forum then? By this great logic I'm cna also say those who are defending Ole are Ole supporters who care more about him more than caring about the club. Pretty weka argument thrown out of nowhere to be honest. Not much different from the glory hunter stuff. People need to realize that the ones following the currently and posting in this forum are the one ones interested in the club purely, as we don't have a big superstar, a top known manager and we aren't winning trophies to attack managers fans, players fans or glory hunters. If there were any they had left long time ago I assure you, so these accusations and useless and baseless.
I don't have time to check all your posts (won't that be stalking you). I saw your negative posts even in the "something special is building at Old trafford" thread, even though that thread had nothing to do with Ole. I also see you making a wierd argument how Ole supporters will credit him if the next manager does well, I have also seen you consistently pointing how the signings have not been worth the money. Sorry but all I have seen you do is moan for the past day or two which is wierd. And the fact that you somehow manage to bring in our past manager for no reason also is weird.

Anyways like you said this is a football forum and you have a right to moan, so won't stop you from doing that and I am no one to tell you what to post or what not.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
“Doesn’t have a clue how to coach”

Got our players playing better, having spent less money than both prior managers. Got us higher in the league and scoring more than under Jose despite spending less than the year José “wasn’t backed” in the transfer market.

Mainoldo

Got our players playing better, having spent less money than both prior managers. Got us higher in the league and scoring more than under Jose despite spending less than the year José “wasn’t backed” in the transfer market.

I don’t get how players can be playing better but a squad that is top 4 in the league is out of the top 4?

Spent less money that previous managers but spent the most in the current league. maybe you should stop using Essien’s calculator when adding figures.. or you subtracting too?

Got us higher in the league against Jose’s worst league campaign with us. How’s he doing compared to Jose’s best?

I said a rubbish coach. So maybe you can explain if we play good football.

el3mel

I don't have time to check all your posts (won't that be stalking you). I saw your negative posts even in the "something special is building at Old trafford" thread, even though that thread had nothing to do with Ole. I also see you making a wierd argument how Ole supporters will credit him if the next manager does well, I have also seen you consistently pointing how the signings have not been worth the money. Sorry but all I have seen you do is moan for the past day or two which is wierd. And the fact that you somehow manage to bring in our past manager for no reason also is weird.

Anyways like you said this is a football forum and you have a right to moan, so won't stop you from doing that and I am no one to tell you what to post or what not.
Being negative for 2 days in a row doesn't mean I have never praised or given him credit. If you are saying I'm moaning all the time you simply have to be checking me regularly to reach such conclusion. I want him out by the end of the season, however I had absolutely no problem praising him previously or trying to act positive few times when I though things are alright, and if we have a strong end to the season winning EL or getting 4th I will say let him continue for the upcoming one. Since I said I was over praising him before turning on him you should realize I have no problem changing my opinion when circumstances change. I negative for 2 straight days because I didn't feel any positivity since several weeks about the club that's all, and honestly the last cup win was a pretty boring match for me that I didn't enjoy.

As for the signings haven't been worth the money, I doubt anyone think Maguire was really worth 80m spent even if you like him or think he's good for us. BTW I also wanted him in summer before starting to change my opinion the longer I see him playing.

Anyway I'm not forcing anyone to read or do anything. This is just a forum I post regularly in it about my club. My intention is never to get into conflicts over irrelevant things, and I said if people think my style in replaying has been aggressive recently I will try to change it, even though to be totally honest I see several posters with far more aggressive styles and no one told them anything about but ok.

I hope there are no more problems after such post.

reddevil702

Ole's done a good job getting rid of players that needed to be moved on but finding replacements is just as important. That fact the we haven't replaced them has had me wishing we Smalling, Lukaku, Fellaini and Herrera back. And being able to coach is the most important skill you'd expect a manager to have. Get a qualified manager - ideally Poch - and add 2-3 signings to what Ole has done with the squad and we should easily be in the top 4 and start to look like a threat for the league again.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don’t get how players can be playing better but a squad that is top 4 in the league is out of the top 4?

Spent less money that previous managers but spent the most in the current league. maybe you should stop using Essien’s calculator when adding figures.. or you subtracting too?

Got us higher in the league against Jose’s worst league campaign with us. How’s he doing compared to Jose’s best?

I said a rubbish coach. So maybe you can explain if we play good football.
Spent the most in the current league?

How is this squad top four in the league? Are we better than Spurs? Or Chelsea?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ole's done a good job getting rid of players that needed to be moved on but finding replacements is just as important. That fact the we haven't replaced them has had me wishing we Smalling, Lukaku, Fellaini and Herrera back. And being able to coach is the most important skill you'd expect a manager to have. Get a qualified manager - ideally Poch - and add 2-3 signings to what Ole has done with the squad and we should easily be in the top 4 and start to look like a threat for the league again.
He’s got in three good players. We do that again in the summer and we’ve replaced them.

chromepaxos

You spread your negativity in every thread you post in as you well know. Unfortunately we scouts try not to ignore posters so we can help point out shit posts to the staff. It's part of the 'fun' of being a scout. :)
@el3mel literally does this in every thread in which he participates. See here for example:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/som...g-at-old-trafford.452785/page-5#post-25172628

No matter how many people call him out for unrelenting negativity, insulting other member's intelligence or refusal to engage in an actual discussion, his only response is to confirm that he won't modify his behaviour. He's just a black-hole for any type of conversation.

Honestly have no clue what value anyone could say he adds to this place.

Mainoldo

Spent the most in the current league?

How is this squad top four in the league? Are we better than Spurs? Or Chelsea?
Who’s spent more money?

Yes! Spurs have real ‘deadwood’ players and Chelsea have the same team minus Hazard. Would that have been an acceptable comment at the start of last season with Mourinho in charge? No!

jamesjimmybyrondean

Doesn't have a clue how to coach is a stretch obviously but he's not good enough. If we want to get back to glory we need a very good coach or a team filled with world class players. Look at the coaches of the teams competing for league trophy and compare them with Ole. He's clearly not as good as them.

PSG - Good coach and world class players
Barcelona - World class players
Leipzig - Good coach
Madrid - World class players
Juve - Good coach and World class players
Inter - Good coach
Liverpool - Good coach

These teams have either very good coaches or world class players or both. In the long run Ole is not going to bring us back to glory because he's simply not as good the coaches of the teams above who are competing for the trophy in their league.

I don't know if you think Ole is the one to lead us back to glory but anybody that thinks that is highly optimistic(don't want to say delusional). So we can all celebrate him clearing deadwood, blooding the youth etc and rightfully so but the fact is Ole has to go in the end because a coach of Ole's caliber is not good enough for a team that wants to dominate.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Do we actually score more goals than under Jose? It would make sense if we are really, I think I remember reading that when we finished second under Jose Bournemouth outscored us in the league.

always_hoping

That's eight players that played under Jose sold and loaned since Ole arrived and only 3 players signed.

bondsname

I remember the days of LVG quite clearly and the football was the most horrendous, piece of garbage I have ever seen. It was robotic, repetitive and safe, and I even recall some bloke falling asleep AT THE STADIUM, it felt like torture to watch our games at the time.

Then came Mourinho and we did have a bright start, but as time went on the players was uninspired, safe once again, and the toxic environment only grew worse. I remember all the times we were desperate for a late goal, and we brought in Fellaini and De Gea with his incredible accurate passing ability would attempt to pass it to him. It was fecking dreadful.

And now we have Ole, whilst it can be argued if he is good enough to bring us back to the glory days, I haven't been this satisfied with any manager since Sir Alex's retirement. I mean, sure, some games have been absolutely dreadful, but most of the time I feel like I'm watching Manchester United again.

A big plus to that he has given a huge amount of responsibility to Rashford, one of our own, and he is now our star man in this team. He gave Martial his number 9 back, and even when he has an off day he can contribute directly to goal which is a huge improvement. We have Greenwood, Garner, William's, coming through the ranks and Ole is.managing them perfectly in my opinion. Ole's signings have been a great addition to the squad as well.

So after lot of juggling back and forth if I'm Ole in, or Ole out, I've decided that I'm neither. This team is incredibly young and inconsistent, and I have a really hard time thinking any manager would be able to pull something of with this team if they're not given time. To me Ole has proven at least that he can steady the ship, and promote youth, if he is the one to lifting the Premier League trophy with us is another question, but he has done a very good job of doing what is needed to get us back on track.

Getting the basics done right is the most important thing in a rebuild. Ole has cleared the deadwood, focused on the long term by giving youth a chance. I believe he will build a squad capable of competing for trophies, but not the one to execute it.

I will probably be slated for settling for mediocrity, but that's not the case really. I want United to be the best team in the world, but hiring new managers with conflicting ideas will only be an obstacle for our incredibly young teams potential.

Trophy Room

I think Ole is what we need right now but I don't think he has it in him to make us premier league winners. I like his vision and I think he is doing all the right things in terms of personel and long term strategy. His team is as close to the essence of United that I have seen since Fergie but I don't think he'll ever win the league. My biggest concern is that a potentially great group of players won't have the correct guidance to take them to the next level. It goes without saying that I'd love to be proven wrong. I still think his best role at the club is as director of football.

Andersonson

You got no understanding of football do you?

If you can't see the progress many of the players has made, you're either blind, dont have a clue or just a troll.

So what is it?

Mainoldo

You got no understanding of football do you?

If you can't see the progress many of the players has made, you're either blind, dont have a clue or just a troll.

So what is it?
This a joke?

What’s his tactics. What type of football do we play and would you say it’s attacking or defensive?

Furthermore if Man City is the barometer of good football and Burnley is the level of crap football. From 1 to 10 where are we?

Andersonson

This a joke?

What’s his tactics. What type of football do we play and would you say it’s attacking or defensive?

Furthermore if Man City is the barometer of good football and Burnley is the level of crap football. From 1 to 10 where are we?
If you ask these questions I know where you're at footballing wise.

Your last 100 posts or something is in a Ole thread, wanting him out. It has gotten to your head mate.

Try to chill for a few weeks, and come back with a neutral head

Mainoldo

If you ask these questions I know where you're at footballing wise.

Your last 100 posts or something is in a Ole thread, wanting him out. It has gotten to your head mate.

Try to chill for a few weeks, and come back with a neutral head
Boring. Get back to me when you can be bothered to give me the answers and stop deflecting.

Bruno is currently playing go watch him instead of wasting my time.

chromepaxos

The fact that you think that a simple binary choice between "attacking or defensive" sheds any light on the matter tells me a lot about your judgement of anyone's coaching capabilities.

And personally, I'd never put Pep-ball at the top of the rankings for "good" football. It wins games for a while but is ultimately repetitive, dull and unsustainable.

Mainoldo

The fact that you think that a simple binary choice between "attacking or defensive" sheds any light on the matter tells me a lot about your judgement of anyone's coaching capabilities.

And personally, I'd never put Pep-ball at the top of the rankings for "good" football. It wins games for a while but is ultimately repetitive, dull and unsustainable.

You must think i care. I just want a simple answer. But it's kind of hard getting it out of you Ole defenders.. always got excuses... If you dont' think "Pep-ball" is good football i couldn't give two monkeys and a hippo.

But do us a favour give me something to bloody work with. What is good football.... what style do you see when you watch United play and are me 'pragmatic or offensive...

You would think Red Cafe is filled with politicians the way you dodge simple questions.

Lara lhg

You must think i care. I just want a simple answer. But it's kind of hard getting it out of you Ole defenders.. always got excuses... If you dont' think "Pep-ball" is good football i couldn't give two monkeys and a hippo.

But do us a favour give me something to bloody work with. What is good football.... what style do you see when you watch United play and are me 'pragmatic or offensive...

You would think Red Cafe is filled with politicians the way you dodge simple questions.
I think it is funny when he keeps talking about “when I was playing” like he was some important part of the team. He never was - only a sub, never part of the first eleven under SAF.

ScarleyUtd

@el3mel literally does this in every thread in which he participates. See here for example:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/som...g-at-old-trafford.452785/page-5#post-25172628

No matter how many people call him out for unrelenting negativity, insulting other member's intelligence or refusal to engage in an actual discussion, his only response is to confirm that he won't modify his behaviour. He's just a black-hole for any type of conversation.

Honestly have no clue what value anyone could say he adds to this place.
Seconded.

chromepaxos

Good grief. Did you come off your meds? Calm down.

Ignoring all your hysteria, I suggest the issue is exactly that you want a "simple answer" to what is a complicated question. Are we attacking or defensive? The correct answer is "yes". If you don't understand that then it's hard to talk tactics with you at all.

Every Premier League team has enough money to recruit a top-top manager from anywhere in the world. Within that group, Ole has us 5th, with two of the managers ahead of us perhaps in the top 10 managers in history. Either you believe that managers/coaches don't have an effect (if you believe that then the passion of your criticisms of Ole is just weird), or you think managers are important in which case our position in the table challenges your view: Ole can't both be crap and in the leading group of the richest league in the world, can he?

For you, it seems to come down to is he "attacking or defensive", "what's his tactics?" and, he "doesn't have a clue how to coach." Has it occurred to you that it might be a tad more complicated than you think? I noticed that some of the Ole-out crowd have been struggling to understand what culture means, don't think we have been playing better this season than in the last five, and think our players are both stupid and inept. Not sure if you would put yourself in that group, but don't those views seem...simplistic to you?

If all that you say is true: Ed is crap, Ole is crap, our squad is crap, Ole can't coach...it is astonishing that we are 5th. What is your explanation for our position?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Ignoring all your hysteria, I suggest the issue is exactly that you want a "simple answer" to what is a complicated question. Are we attacking or defensive? The correct answer is "yes". If you don't understand that then it's hard to talk tactics with you at all.

Every Premier League team has enough money to recruit a top-top manager from anywhere in the world. Within that group, Ole has us 5th, with two of the managers ahead of us perhaps in the top 10 managers in history. Either you believe that managers/coaches don't have an effect (if you believe that then the passion of your criticisms of Ole is just weird), or you think managers are important in which case our position in the table challenges your view: Ole can't both be crap and in the leading group of the richest league in the world, can he?

For you, it seems to come down to is he "attacking or defensive", "what's his tactics?" and, he "doesn't have a clue how to coach." Has it occurred to you that it might be a tad more complicated than you think? I noticed that some of the Ole-out crowd have been struggling to understand what culture means, don't think we have been playing better this season than in the last five, and think our players are both stupid and inept. Not sure if you would put yourself in that group, but don't those views seem...simplistic to you?

If all that you say is true: Ed is crap, Ole is crap, our squad is crap, Ole can't coach...it is astonishing that we are 5th. What is your explanation for our position?
I'm very much Ole in for now because he's instilling the United culture and it takes time to do that but it's clear as day he's not good enough to 'coach' us.

Mainoldo

Are you the Riddler from Batman? I asked you a question you told me ’yes’. You could have in fact told me ’no’ and you’re answer would not have changed. Fun fact.

I don’t know why you are breaking down my thoughts on our current position. It’s not a riddle we have very good players, playing with no in game approaching except for press for 10 mins (15 mins after his pre-season boot camp) and then counter attack. It is actually the same tactics Mourinho deployed except Ole has done us all a nice favour of getting rid of some of the players we didn’t take too. You could call it a ‘culture’ change.

Now you see that was a simple straight to the point answer whilst also being very simplistic. :)

Lara lhg

Very simplistic view I.m.o.

ZenMaster Coltrane

Cultural reset, haha. Have you ever heard that from any other club! It's just the biggest load of crap that i have ever heard.
Ole should never have been hired, simple as. Yes he is getting rid of the dross at the club but any decent manager could have done that. The problems don't lie with Ole per se but he is part of it in that he is not good enough to be managing us. You say he could leave us primed but he could also stunt the growth of the players/squad at the same time. So to say he will leave us "absolutely primed" is as bad as your cultural reset analogy. Find it hilarious.
Well you have to come up with something when you're an OGS acolyte when he doesn't possess the qualities of an elite manager. He lacks the fundamentals...he's not a leader, he has no charisma, he's not a cutting edge tactical thinker. You knew right away what you were getting...sentimental BS that makes some people feel good because it reminds them of a golden era. This stuff works in politics because it's an emotional appeal. On the football pitch, it doesn't translate into winning. OGS never had it (and that's just the way it is)...that intuitive sense to read people, to hire top people around you, to know how to motivate people etc...There's this energy, a force of personality. It doesn't take 10 years as a manager to develop that. You have it or your don't. Your tactics can evolve, you can learn from different situations but there are core attributes that you can see from the get go with any top coach.

I'm very much Ole in for now because he's instilling the United culture and it takes time to do that but it's clear as day he's not good enough to 'coach' us.
What does this even mean? He's a league one coach but he name drops players from the SAF era while indulging in sentimental babble, so he should stay??? Hell no.

I'd be interested for this fanbase to take a logic/football IQ test to really see the dividing lines of how people assess this stuff. It's mind blowing.

If you take the Star Wars film production as an analogy. You basically have a merchandising franchise recycling nostalgia...story and characters are secondary at this point. More than ever, it's about selling baby Yodas. Now Kathleen Kennedy (who tons of people criticize) has picked directors and then sent them packing during pre-production. So, you have a gargantuan derivative movie franchise that many people believe is being mishandled and yet the 'CEO' still has the sense to cut losses when things are not proceeding accordingly (from her POV). Now Kathleen Kennedy is not some inept out of her depth Woodward clone but she's at the head of a film franchise that is currently at a low point (propped up by relatively positive responses for The Mandalorian) but you know what she's not doing... going and picking out some guy or girl who graduated 10 years ago from film school, who's been shooting cannabis videos in the intervening period, and tasking them to shoot the next film.

chromepaxos

Are you the Riddler from Batman? I asked you a question you told me ’yes’. You could have in fact told me ’no’ and you’re answer would not have changed. Fun fact.
Man, you really don't like to engage an argument, do you? Let me ask you, have you played much football? The last team you were in, were you attacking or defensive? All the ones I have ever played in, the answer was "yes". Posture varies by opponent, game state, player availability, skill levels, weather, etc. That applies to every team. Jose is regarded as "defensive" at a simplistic level, but if you saw Spurs in the last half hour last week you know that isn't the whole story - not even close.

I say all this because simple answers aren't actually much use in this context. I get you're frustrated by that, but so it is.

I don’t know why you are breaking down my thoughts on our current position. It’s not a riddle we have very good players, playing with no in game approaching except for press for 10 mins (15 mins after his pre-season boot camp) and then counter attack. It is actually the same tactics Mourinho deployed except Ole has done us all a nice favour of getting rid of some of the players we didn’t take too. You could call it a ‘culture’ change.

Now you see that was a simple straight to the point answer whilst also being very simplistic. :)
Definitely a simple - and simplistic - answer. So much so that it doesn't actually shed any light on what's going on. There have been games this season in which we have dominated throughout, and some in which we have defended last-ditch due to lack of a mid-field. I'm not sure which games I've seen us set up from the get-go in the way Jose had us playing.

Do you really think we play now the same way we did under Jose? You can't really not be able to tell the difference?

Mainoldo

Man, you really don't like to engage an argument, do you? Let me ask you, have you played much football? The last team you were in, were you attacking or defensive? All the ones I have ever played in, the answer was "yes". Posture varies by opponent, game state, player availability, skill levels, weather, etc. That applies to every team. Jose is regarded as "defensive" at a simplistic level, but if you saw Spurs in the last half hour last week you know that isn't the whole story - not even close.

I say all this because simple answers aren't actually much use in this context. I get you're frustrated by that, but so it is.

Definitely a simple - and simplistic - answer. So much so that it doesn't actually shed any light on what's going on. There have been games this season in which we have dominated throughout, and some in which we have defended last-ditch due to lack of a mid-field. I'm not sure which games I've seen us set up from the get-go in the way Jose had us playing.

Do you really think we play now the same way we did under Jose? You can't really not be able to tell the difference?
What what? :lol:

Have you played football? You sound like the guy at work that likes to talk about football to you because he heard you got released from Crewe’s academy. The guy you always try to avoid.

What game have we dominated throughout ? We haven’t dominated a game since LVG was In charge and I mean in game manage from start to finish. Good example. Watch us be Liverpool under LVG.

I can’t tell the difference because earlier I explained to you what I seen. But we have a game on Sunday. Not one I’m expecting much from.. but we could still sneak a win. However I guarantee you we will play exactly as I stated above. 10-15 mins of high pressing then retreat hoping for a counter attack.

If Liverpool decide to actually tactically win this game they will give us the ball in non dangerous areas and watch us look clueless then penalise is for our mistakes.

We can talk about it on Monday if you like.

jem

I thought that was disproved?

Didn't he say actually say "we weren't offering him a two year contract"
Yeah I just listened to the actual conference - shockingly bad reporting from the outlets that had him saying it in the affirmative. Sorry for that.

chromepaxos

What what? :lol:

Have you played football? You sound like the guy at work that likes to talk about football to you because he heard you got released from Crewe’s academy. The guy you always try to avoid.

What game have we dominated throughout ? We haven’t dominated a game since LVG was In charge and I mean in game manage from start to finish. Good example. Watch us be Liverpool under LVG.

I can’t tell the difference because earlier I explained to you what I seen. But we have a game on Sunday. Not one I’m expecting much from.. but we could still sneak a win. However I guarantee you we will play exactly as I stated above. 10-15 mins of high pressing then retreat hoping for a counter attack.

If Liverpool decide to actually tactically win this game they will give us the ball in non dangerous areas and watch us look clueless then penalise is for our mistakes.

We can talk about it on Monday if you like.
I will say this, you're great at avoiding questions and moving goalposts. Oh, and making insulting remarks, you're good at that too. It's tiresome, but whatever floats your boat.

To take your responses at face value:
- you don't think we dominated the game against Norwich last week;
- the football under LVG was better than it is now;
- you can't tell the difference between Jose's tactics and Ole's;
- your only explanation for how we are 5th is that we have "good players", which implies that coaching isn't that important;

Is that really what you think? If not, what have I misunderstood in your answers? (I know, I know, you will want to answer me with an insult, but you know, try to rise above it)

Because taken together those views aren't coherent and definitely don't say much for your ability to judge...well...anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.