Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
People should relax.
The board are not giving Ole three games to save his job. They have given themselves three games to get a replacement.
He will be sacked soon.
This and it won't even be three games if we lose on Saturday.

el3mel

Wait.. Maybe that's what is happening, maybe Fergie have been secretly appointed as a caretaker for the rest of the season with Ole being just the manager figure in front of the media and on touch line?

I bet Fergie will send Ole the instructions on his IPad from now on.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not sure what signals this sends the players if Fergie has to “protect” the manager in front of them. I’ll lose respect in my manager if he cannot stand up for himself and motivate his own team.
The equivalent of going into an interview with your dad.

Deanor44

ok, have given 48 hours for the result on sunday to fester and had time to think of posting in this thread. Like everyone else here I loved what Ole did as a player but as a manager he has been as streaky as fook.....with runs of wins followed by equal runs of losses and the only consistency being the level of performance or lack of, the incoherant nature of the game plan/ tactics and his use of new signings. We have spent 100 million on VDB and Sancho with neither even been given a decent run in the team to get realistic look at them. Ole keeps going back to players who have left him and previous managers down in the past. I really feel he needs to fall on his sword but would be willing to persist with him if he recognises his weaknesses and made changes accordingly. That means changing his own coaching team to address the issues the players themselves are highlighting. If confidence in Ole is low at the moment, I feel the confidence with the rest of the coaching ticket must be even worse. If we seen some change here with view to addressing our pressing game and how we play without the ball it might be the start of something. SAF always had an ability with finding and surrounding himself with the right people, people the players responded to and its obviious the current coaching ticket is not getting that response.

Idxomer

What a joke this is. How could the club behave in such an amateurish way... it's a fecking mess from top to bottom, a complete and utter shit show.
It's like a bad sports movie or show, an even worse version of Ted Lasso.

Kaos

The club have done Ole no favours here. If there was a modicum of respect left for him from the players, its well and truly gone now. Saturday is going to be an absolute shitshow.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm hearing about Fergie, Gill and splits in the board room... WHO is in charge at this club? WHO is going to make the decisions? It's all over the place... why are the owners influenced so much? Just make your own fecking decisions, you are the owners.

Sounds like a house of commons type meeting is going on. Should we invite the Class of 92 as well?
A board without different opinions is a bad board that will lead to ruin. I sit on 3 and there's not one important topic that isnt argumented to death.

You just want the outcome you want, what if they were all united without debate to keep Ole? You'd be furious about that as well.

OrcaFat

I do think it’s time for a change but I could do without all the outrage and indignation.

It will happen soon or, if not, it means we’re suddenly winning games again which would be good.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

It's a "false dawn" if you only look at the results and not the play. Leeds was the only good game this season and we rarely played good football last year as well.
Tbh, I don’t even think we were that convincing against Leeds. Still the same predictable attacking play. Leeds just played into our hands with their approach.

CallyRed

People should relax.
The board are not giving Ole three games to save his job. They have given themselves three games to get a replacement.
He will be sacked soon.
I think people just want to see the words "Micky Phelan - Manchester United Caretaker Manager"

SuperiorXI

A board without different opinions is a bad board that will lead to ruin. I sit on 3 and there's not one important topic that isnt argumented to death.

You just want the outcome you want, what if they were all united without debate to keep Ole? You'd be furious about that as well.
I don't disagree, but carting all the legends back to argue the toss over a lame duck manager will lead the club to ruin, so think about that.

Roboc7

The decision to sack Ole is a no brainier, idea of giving him three more games is farcical. Whether or not you know who his replacement is he should be gone. If you have to wait until end of season for a permanent appointment then that’s fair enough but at this point anyone is better than Ole in the interim.

I'm still in shock that he's allowed to lose 0-5 to Liverpool at home and still be in the job. That's after losing 4-2 to Leicester.

Laurencio

There is only one guy rebelling who I could imagine would warrant and actually need a Fergie call. However, Ronnie is a professional, so I don't really see how he could be involved...

He beats City he probably gets extra time, then the kind fixture list after Chelsea sees him end the season. Qualify for 4th, and he’s still here next season.
Looking more likely…also posted on the Conte board he’ll still be head next week.. we’ve been desensitised to everything else so what else can happen? We should stay in contention for top 4, we end up 12 and qualify for top 4 people will praise ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm still in shock that he's allowed to lose 0-5 to Liverpool at home and still be in the job. That's after losing 4-2 to Leicester.
The 4-2 to Leicester was probably coming from a purely statistical point. We do hold the "longest unbeaten away record" in the league (one of the reasons Ole is even in a job at this point). For every game it becomes less and less probable that it will stick, and here we are. I know that redcafe don't like any type of excuses, but you're fighting against probability here.

Still being in the job after 0-5 to Liverpool is really quite the feat however.

Brophs

The One and Only
Actually, it’s pretty common for managers to develop permanent, top level tactical acumen during the course of three highly pressurised games. Dunno why you lot are moaning.

Rolaholic

Can we please at least have a new manager in place before we face Arsenal, I can't be dealing with losing against those jokers again.
You know it's coming, Arteta has a spotless record H2H against Ole

The 4-2 to Leicester was probably coming from a purely statistical point. We do hold the "longest unbeaten away record" in the league (one of the reasons Ole is even in a job at this point). For every game it becomes less and less probable that it will stick, and here we are. I know that redcafe don't like any type of excuses, but you're fighting against probability here.

Still being in the job after 0-5 to Liverpool is really quite the feat however.
It truly is impressive. The board are so incompetent. But we knew that already.

They are going to wait some other weeks hoping for some miracle

When City will win like 10-0, they will be forced to sack him and with Conte ready (prepared his staff, studied the squad, organised a relocation)
With the leaks being “some at the board don’t want conte” the more desperate we are when we do go for him the more power he’ll hold. And tbh, if United are out of the CL & and top 4 looks very distant every chance a top manager might say I’ll take it in the summer.

Dobba

James : failed.
AWB : a lot of fans are split on him.
Maguire : a lot of fans are split on him.
Bruno : success.
Cavani : success.
VDB : rotting on the bench.
Telles : rotting on the bench.
Sancho : on the bench, has been a flop so far.
Varane : good.
Ronaldo : a lot of fans are split on him.

With all the talk about his transfers as if they are some sort of a miracle in comparison to previous managers, only 3 of them have been definitive success so far. The rest either failed or a lot ot fans are split on them if they are good or not.
That list seems bizarre considering the consensus oh here is that this a title challenge worthy squad being held back by their useless manager.

red4ever 79

Wait.. Maybe that's what is happening, maybe Fergie have been secretly appointed as a caretaker for the rest of the season with Ole being just the manager figure in front of the media and on touch line?

I bet Fergie will send Ole the instructions on his IPad from now on.
Commordore 64

Jackal981

Romano has said he’s in charge for Tottenham game. What a trainwreck this gonna be. feck this club

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
We've been very good against you over last few seasons but think the time has come for you to beat us again, in a style similar to those two wins at OT in Carabao Cup semis. The whole atmosphere around the team is as bad as it gets probably, hard to expect United beating Spurs, let alone City.
I think that you’ll revert to the low block and hoof ball, that you’ve used against the better teams for most of the last decade, and get a draw or win against Spurs and the same against us.
There’s a lot of doom & gloom on this forum but, in all truth, you’ve got a fantastic squad and you’re in with a shout against anyone when you play to your players strengths.

Highfather_24

Conte is certainly on the defensive end of the spectrum. He'll no doubt solidify the team and provide a tactical foundation, but I don't believe that would be the kind of tactical foundation the fans of this club want to see. I don't think he will utilise the players we currently have very well either. We're a top-heavy squad, and he's a manager who prefers bottom-heavy formations

And you say he wins stuff, will he? He's not going to stay here long due to his tendency to having hissy fits and walking after a couple of years, and I really don't see him overcoming Klopp, Pep, or Tuchel in that time.
He will coach the players to be organised defensively, he will coach them to be better at setpieces, he will coach them in attacking patterns, and he will coach them how to press as a team. All things that are currently lacking under Ole right now, and every top team needs, and something our team will be better for it even if we get an attacking manager like Ten Hag after Conte. For example, Tuchel is not that different from Conte style wise, and fans here love Tuchel.

The formation doubts even I have, but lets wait and see on that one.

As for being a winner, I would say only Zidane has a better pedigree than him in world football on current ability, and Zidane is not available. Who is this attacking manager you are thinking of that has a better CV than Conte and is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.