Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

These last few days have been truly embarrassing from the old boys lot..
Another moron. Trying to say even SAF lost 5-0 at some point. Fair enough but SAF has more than enough goodwill in the bank to come back from that. Phil Neville is fixated on one result, and seems oblivious to the shite before that. Both Neville brothers having a mare and cannot be taken seriously on any level.

romufc

How can all these ex players be supporting Ole in this. I mean we have put in 7/9 awful performances in the PL, 1 terrible one in LC, and 3 very bad ones in the CL.

Surely, you cannot support this if you want the club to be successful. Obviously the other side of it, all these ex pros such as Carragher, Merson who when managers get sacked say, ohh its too early.

https://punditarena.com/football/daniel-hussey/paul-merson-frank-lampard-sacking/

Have a look at that for example when Lampard was sacked, every pundit is will protect their own.

red4ever 79

No you are right mate. It’s not unbelievable when you have clowns running the circus.
The worst thing for me is that our club has become a laughing stock in world football. Not just the result on Sunday, not only the image of the fans walking out, but this past 72 hours. Literally every media outlet is slaughtering us about not having a contingency plan, the coaching being shite, the players not being happy. SAF rocking up to give a 'get behind your manager' speech

It's an absolute joke from top to bottom. Trigger should have been pulled Monday morning.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It's unreal how thick Phil Neville is. Even if you disagree with him yo can tell Gary is smart. Phil has always been as thick as two bricks.

Chairman Steve

All the old buddies are out and about trying to defend OGS like he’s some little kid :lol:

If that ‘no succession plan’ thing is true then that’s fecking astounding. You’re in a fairly volatile sector of work where stability is a rare commodity and you don’t have a succession plan?

Morons running the club. OGS’ mateys riding to his rescue to stop the big bad fan base from bullying him, as he is comprehensively beaten at home by the biggest rivals who never looked phased by us.

What the feck happens in the boardroom and at training? All of it seems very badly run. It’s a bunch of money man and old Utd boys backslapping each other, as the fans and players look on in bemusement.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
All the old buddies are out and about trying to defend OGS like he’s some little kid :lol:

If that ‘no succession plan’ thing is true then that’s fecking astounding. You’re in a fairly volatile sector of work where stability is a rare commodity and you don’t have a succession plan?

Morons running the club. OGS’ mateys riding to his rescue to stop the big bad fan base from bullying him, as he is comprehensively beaten at home by the biggest rivals who never looked phased by us.

What the feck happens in the boardroom and at training? All of it seems very badly run. It’s a bunch of money man and old Utd boys backslapping each other, as the fans and players look on in bemusement.
They don't want to make us uber efficient because it will cost money.

buchansleftleg

I'm reminded of the time when Sir Alex said that in the "post mortem" analysis of losing out on the old first division title to Leeds in the year before the Premier League started, that he realised his own nervousness had affected the players in the title run-in and he learned that he needed to be more relaxed. This, combined with the totemic signing of Cantona had proved to be a turning point in the clubs history.

However Ferguson had taken unfancied Aberdeen to the heights of winning the title against the dominance of the glasgow clubs. He also had success in European competition with them, and with United as well.

This isn't a turning point for Ole. It's a time to thank him for his work, treat him like a human being and tell him we are planning to get in a new manager. Give him the option to stay in post until that is sorted if he wants, or to have the option to leave if he doesn't want to do that and appoint a caretaker.

Briefing half a story to the press, whilst also actively sounding out replacements, to try and save face is just the usual sort of claptrap we have seen from Woodward time and again. Be professional, be respectful of a valued member of the club and speak publicly, on the record. This should all have been agreed and implemented on Monday.

Woodward's management style would get him sacked from a minor logistics company in staffordshire. He's never been upto the job.

kirk buttercup

this is embarrassing from so many angles. We are the laughing stock and it's hard to argue against being that. A board that hasn't a clue, a manager out of his depth being bigged up by his old buddies , and a squad that look that they just don't believe anymore. Add to that players we signed to make the difference who sit on the bench because we don't know where to play them or get the best out of them because at the end of the day our coaches just aren't that good. It makes me sad to watch this circus to be honest.

DomesticTadpole

I'm reminded of the time when Sir Alex said that in the "post mortem" analysis of losing out on the old first division title to Leeds in the year before the Premier League started, that he realised his own nervousness had affected the players in the title run-in and he learned that he needed to be more relaxed. This, combined with the totemic signing of Cantona had proved to be a turning point in the clubs history.

However Ferguson had taken unfancied Aberdeen to the heights of winning the title against the dominance of the glasgow clubs. He also had success in European competition with them, and with United as well.

This isn't a turning point for Ole. It's a time to thank him for his work, treat him like a human being and tell him we are planning to get in a new manager. Give him the option to stay in post until that is sorted if he wants, or to have the option to leave if he doesn't want to do that and appoint a caretaker.

Briefing half a story to the press, whilst also actively sounding out replacements, to try and save face is just the usual sort of claptrap we have seen from Woodward time and again. Be professional, be respectful of a valued member of the club and speak publicly, on the record. This should all have been agreed and implemented on Monday.

Woodward's management style would get him sacked from a minor logistics company in staffordshire. He's never been upto the job.
Despite losing that title, we still won the F.A. Cup, Cup Winner Cup and League Cup to put credit in the bank for SAF. Ole has blown every chance of getting a trophy. Then to come out and say trophies are for egos. Yet the man he is supposedly trying to emulate must have had the biggest ego on the planet then.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That's also what I am hoping too, and it may be wishful thinking. But it would be positive that they are assessing options and casting a wide net, than just settling on the first available person, which reportedly seems to be Conte; and I still don't know how I feel about it being him.

That said, I'd rather it happened asap. There'll be no joy seeing Ole go, he's a top man and an icon, but it has to happen. An Old Trafford crowd turning on him, potentially after the Derby, would be an awful spectacle. I guess that's the trouble with appointing a former player, and one as beloved as Ole.
Yeah, he should have got the sack after the Liverpool game. That he's still in charge some three days later is outrageous. It wouldn't happen at any remotely well-run football club, let alone a club of United's size and stature.

Ole being in charge for the Spurs game is a disaster waiting to happen. It puts the players in an awful position. They all know deep down, just like the fans, pundits and media outlets, that Ole's time as manager is up. Yet, the board still expect the players to go out there and put in their absolute best performance anyway. How do you put your heart and soul into something when you know it's all going to be in vain? It's not possible.

It's equally shite for the fans too. We all know Ole's time is up, but we're still expected to cheer the team on despite knowing that a victory only delays the inevitable. I've never actively refused to support the side before, but I won't cheer United on Saturday because I'd be a hypocrite of the highest order if I did, false support in every sense of the word. I bet my ass hair I won't be alone there either. Feck the board for putting us in that position.

Ole should not, under any circumstances, be in charge for the Spurs game. If he is, it's a dereliction of duty on behalf of the board, or better yet, Joel Glazer, as the buck stops with him.

Sviken

Despite losing that title, we still won the F.A. Cup, Cup Winner Cup and League Cup to put credit in the bank for SAF. Ole has blown every chance of getting a trophy. Then to come out and say trophies are for egos. Yet the man he is supposedly trying to emulate must have had the biggest ego on the planet then.
SAF had enough credit in the bank pror to even getting appointment. His success at Aberdeen and Mireen are there for all to see. Ole has zero credit as a manager, let alone a Manchester United manager. He won some Norwegian cup 10 years ago and got Cardiff relegated, proceeded to do just as badly in Championship to the point that Cardiff were in danger of being relegated from there, as well. That is his CV. That is who is the manager of Manchester United.

DomesticTadpole

SAF had enough credit in the bank pror to even getting appointment. His success at Aberdeen and Mireen are there for all to see. Ole has zero credit as a manager, let alone a Manchester United manager. He won some Norwegian cup 10 years ago and got Cardiff relegated, proceeded to do just as badly in Championship to the point that Cardiff were in danger of being relegated from there, as well. That is his CV. That is who is the manager of Manchester United.
Agree. This club has got to move into the 21st Century. Other clubs are not completely obsessed with their Old Boy network apart from having them working on match days, shaking fans hands and playing the odd 5 a side game. I have been saying for ages this is turning into early seventies again. A legend manager in the background.

RUCK4444

Do you work in a minor logistics company in Staffordshire?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
It's unreal how thick Phil Neville is. Even if you disagree with him yo can tell Gary is smart. Phil has always been as thick as two bricks.
Hahaha. He really is thick as mince. Most ex footballers are not that good talking about football but he’s also a full time coach and he’s about the worst of all. I’ve never heard any insight from him at all and his “takes” on things are always bizarre. I think you can and should disregard anything that ex peak-United players say: The likes of Ince, Giggs, Neville bros, Scholes, Schmeichel are stand-out bad. Can never work out why that is.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Sir Alex Ferguson was at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground on Tuesday. He wasn’t there to chivvy Ole Gunnar Solskajer’s squad, to read the riot act, to tell the hapless defence how to tackle. Nor was he on site to apply the shears to Paul Pogba’s ludicrous blue hair extensions.

In fact he went nowhere near the players. Rather he had turned up to his old haunt for an official function. He was there with Martin Edwards, his erstwhile chairman, for a prior engagement.

Rooney24

It’s an absolute disgrace that this club doesn’t have in mind who the next Manager should be.

even when you bring the next one in the thinking should already be”right if this goes tits up who do we get after him?”

to have no plan whatsoever is amateur in the extreme.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The real failing here is that until Sunday, the club did not countenance the idea that Ole wants the messiah and prepared adequately.

Dominos

If the club thinks there is a lack of viable alternatives right now so they can't sack him - what do they think is going to change in the next 2 weeks?

The options we have right now are the exact same ones we're going to have in November or December when we sack him. So whoever you're going to give the job to in 2 weeks time when City batter us, just give it him now. Otherwise you're conceding that Ole will stay till the summer no matter what which is ridiculous.

If there is a slight delay getting contract sorted for new permanent manager etc. we're better off giving it to someone random for a couple of games like the reserve coach just to relieve the toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. The current circumstances are terrible to try get results under Ole as there's too much unrest.

It's frankly unprofessional for us to not have a succession plan given performances this season. Ole being out his depth hasn't come out the blue, most sane people could see this disaster coming before he even got the job 3 years ago.

ShinjiNinja26

The real failing here is that until Sunday, the club did not countenance the idea that Ole wants the messiah and prepared adequately.
Aye their levels of incompetence are staggering. They should’ve been putting the feelers out after that Europa final loss and the writing should’ve 100% been on the wall after the Young Boys defeat.

Hoof the ball

If the club thinks there is a lack of viable alternatives right now so they can't sack him - what do they think is going to change in the next 2 weeks?
Lack? Both Conte and Zidane are available. It doesn't get any more viable than these two.

Regardless of whether one, or both of these even want this poisoned chalice, the board could never say that the top manager's are all unavailable because that simply isn't true.

yipthatman

Lack? Both Conte and Zidane are available. It doesn't get any more viable than these two.

Regardless of whether one, or both of these even want this poisoned chalice, the board could never say that the top manager's are all unavailable because that simply isn't true.
Zidane isn't interested which leaves just Conte (who should be brought in right away).

Dominos

Those aren't my words to be fair but the narrative the club are pushing to the media to excuse them keeping Ole on for now.

It looks like Zidane doesn't want it if reports are to be believed. And that leaves Conte, or a manager that already has a job. If we can't realistically poach the likes of Ten Hag mid-season then it's fair to say there is a lack of options. It has to be Conte (or a random interim to see out the season). The club might prefer someone of a different profile to Conte but they don't understand that delaying the decision for 2 weeks makes no difference to anything. They either have to change manager now or let Ole see out the season in its entirety. This no-mans-land where they say "we'll look at sacking him in 2 weeks if we have another bad result" is just ridiculous logic because the options on the market will be the exact same as they are now.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

The options we have right now are the exact same ones we're going to have in November or December when we sack him. So whoever you're going to give the job to in 2 weeks time when City batter us, just give it him now. Otherwise you're conceding that Ole will stay till the summer no matter what which is ridiculous.

If there is a slight delay getting contract sorted for new permanent manager etc. we're better off giving it to someone random for a couple of games like the reserve coach just to relieve the toxic atmosphere in the dressing room. The current circumstances are terrible to try get results under Ole as there's too much unrest.

It's frankly unprofessional for us to not have a succession plan given performances this season. Ole being out his depth hasn't come out the blue, most sane people could see this disaster coming before he even got the job 3 years ago.
Tbf I'm sure the reserve coach is a nice bloke but he's not very good at setting up a defence so he can keep well away thanks. Phelan would be the obvious stand in. Or, and I mean this with a straight face I assure you, Steve Bruce purely as interim.

Nikelesh Reddy

If we lose our next 2 Premierleague games than Ole will be sacked.I think the owners will wait until the international break before they make a change…Personally I feel it would be better if Ole can remain in charge until the end of the season,secure a top 4 finish and then leave.We will have greater options to chose from next summer,so making a change in the summer would be ideal.
But if we keep losing games,then we would obviously have to immediately make a change to stop the rot.The next 3 games will be huge for Ole…

reddevil1510

If we lose our next 2 Premierleague games than Ole will be sacked.I think the owners will wait until the international break before they make a change…Personally I feel it would be better if Ole can remain in charge until the end of the season,secure a top 4 finish and then leave.We will have greater options to chose from next summer,so making a change in the summer would be ideal.
But if we keep losing games,then we would obviously have to immediately make a change to stop the rot.The next 3 games will be huge for Ole…
The problem with our club is this will never happen. If Ole gets a top 4 finish by hook or crook, which should be a standard task given our squad, he will continue. No way he is fired after that.

Dominos

Tbf I'm sure the reserve coach is a nice bloke but he's not very good at setting up a defence so he can keep well away thanks. Phelan would be the obvious stand in. Or, and I mean this with a straight face I assure you, Steve Bruce purely as interim.
I agree I don't care who we give it to for a couple of games. The only issue with Ole's current coaches will be seen as part of the current problems so we may be reluctant. But give it to someone who's popular in the dressing room who can break the negative atmosphere, we can't be any worse tactically than we currently are anyway.

Dominos

I don't believe we'll get top 4 under Ole with this much dressing room unrest.

Look at Moyes Mourinho and LVG missing out on top 4 - once the players have turned on the manager it results in disastrous seasons, we cannot take that risk. Its happened to Chelsea under AVB and Mourinho too where they've ended up with midtable finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.