• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ole has done better than Moyes at United if we consider their full time here.
Not really comparable if one has had 8 months and the other 3 years and hundreds of millions at his disposal.

There are tons of quality managers out there managing lesser sides that could have a much bigger chance for a call for a top job. Emeri, Gasperini, Ten Hag, Christophe Galtier, Adi Hütter, etc - the list is really long.
2nd and 3rd is not a resounding success for United but it enhances his CV. I was just replying to you saying he has a bad CV in the PL.
Manager

Manchester United Reserves
Molde
Manchester United

This is his CV. Tells volumes when you have runners up and United reserves accolades listed on your Wiki page.

The top clubs aren't idiots and they have general managers and football managers. They can see our style of play or lack of it and can see his managerial skills or lack of it.

No top club will come for him we can bet on that.

Dr. StrangeHate

Not really comparable if one has had 8 months and the other 3 years and hundreds of millions at his disposal.

There are tons of quality managers out there managing lesser sides that could have a much bigger chance for a call for a top job. Emeri, Gasperini, Ten Hag, Christophe Galtier, Adi Hütter, etc - the list is really long.

Manager

Molde
Manchester United

This is his CV. Tells volumes when you have runners up and United reserves accolades listed on your Wiki page.

The top clubs aren't idiots and they have general managers and football managers. They can see our style of play or lack of it and can see his managerial skills or lack of it.

Yes the candidates you mention do have the potential to take a top job. I am just saying he has been mixing it with PL managers for the past few seasons and has been doing alright, not Manchester United spending level but alright nonetheless.

No top club would hire him but Ole getting us 2nd and 3rd should land him a PL job after us if he gets fired.

laughtersassassin

Manager

Molde
Manchester United

He never should have got the job other than being the caretaker.

Let's cast our memory back to that time

It started amazing for about 2 months and we stupidly gave him the contract then and there

Then the last few months of the season where absolutely awful. It was as bad as it initially was good

I stand by that if we had waited until the summer instead of rushing into it then we never would have offered him the job

The club got all trigger happy after a few good months and thought they had found their Messiah.

InfiniteBoredom

Yes the candidates you mention do have the potential to take a top job. I am just saying he has been mixing it with PL managers for the past few seasons and has been doing alright, not Manchester United spending level but alright nonetheless.

No top club would hire him but Ole getting us 2nd and 3rd should land him a PL job after us if he gets fired.
The top teams won’t take him because he already failed to win silverware with United
The top 6/top 4 aspirants won’t take him because they don’t have the money to make up for his lack of coaching nous, to overcome teams with more spending power.
The relegation candidates won’t take him after his stint at Cardiff.

So that leaves a few team at the bottom 10 who aren’t in immediate threat of relegation, can’t compete for European slots but just make up the number, and if you are in that position, why the feck would you hire him? If you commit to a long term vision, wouldn’t it be better to hire a younger coach with fresh ideas, a promising body of work from lower/foreign leagues and see if he can improve you?

Let’s not kid ourselves, the moment Ole walks out of the door at United, that’s him done in top flight English football.

Enigma_87

You know who

He could get a shot at relegation fodder job or even some desperate mid table team, but he will be given zero time in there, unlike at United. First 10 games if he's uninspiring and he'll be sent packing back to Norway.

Still the only teams that would currently consider him in PL IMO are Newcastle and probably Norwich. Can't see any other club considering him or changing his approach to accommodate him.

Dr. StrangeHate

He never should have got the job other than being the caretaker.

Let's cast our memory back to that time

It started amazing for about 2 months and we stupidly gave him the contract then and there

Then the last few months of the season where absolutely awful. It was as bad as it initially was good

I stand by that if we had waited until the summer instead of rushing into it then we never would have offered him the job

The club got all trigger happy after a few good months and thought they had found their Messiah.
Of course, this is where you see the difference between a club with a plan and one that is just winging it. Tuchel became free and Lampard was dumped. Pep became free and Pellegrini was dumped. We can't even stick to a simple task of waiting till the end of the season to make a managerial appointment.

Enigma_87

You know who
The top teams won’t take him because he already failed to win silverware with United
The top 6/top 4 aspirants won’t take him because they don’t have the money to make up for his lack of coaching nous, to overcome teams with more spending power.
The relegation candidates won’t take him after his stint at Cardiff.

So that leaves a few team at the bottom 10 who aren’t in immediate threat of relegation, can’t compete for European slots but just make up the number, and if you are in that position, why the feck would you hire him? If you commit to a long term vision, wouldn’t it be better to hire a younger coach with fresh ideas, a promising body of work from lower/foreign leagues and see if he can improve you?

Let’s not kid ourselves, the moment Ole walks out of the door at United, that’s him done in top flight English football.
There is another thing. Ole is currently the third best paid manager in the league (let that sink in). If he is to take a job at some minion he has to seriously take a pay cut. Dean Smith, Lage, Potter take home between 1.5 and 2.5m. Ole is on double figures...

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We don't know to what extent he is hampered by non-football directives/expectations. E.g. not losing Pogba on a free, build around Cristiano, etc.

More than an urgency to replace him I feel a need to shit all over that and get priorities straight. Doesn't look promising. If the past is any guide to the future, he will play along with that all the way to missing Top 4, getting sacked, and then new manager starts with similar constraints.

Just grow some balls and go out in style.

I've never seen him as a long term success, more a necessary culture and squad rejigging. But will never get out of my head how when something goes wrong he looks around for Carrick who just gives him this blank stare of "why are you looking at me for answers?". It's all quite clearly pretty amateur for the level we aspire to reach.

fallengt

Hope the next manager brings his own staff as well. It's fecking clear our current coaching staff r just as clueless as anyone.

oz insomniac

A major problem is the lack of real planning by the so called football management at the club, the most pressing recruitment need was a better than average DM, but as we have seen numerous times previously - go for the shiny toy even if it doesn’t provide balance.

Then we have Ole and his poor ideas of balance and playing what appear to be his favoirites on positions and a style that doesnt suit their individual ability.

Until there is a sense of ruthlessness in that side of the club, the money spent will not return the expected results. Ole is no Ted Lasso bringing something to a club that doesn’t translate into results. A legend and an all round nice bloke, but not a Premier League manager who can provide game plan, a modern style and tactics that rely on something other than individual brilliance.

The players we have should have a cohesive and exciting style, they don’t and it isn’t pretty. Has to be said, why should the owners ( who I personally can’t stand) , give the current regime another £100 million in transfer fees and crazy wages, when it seems to be obvious there is no plan.

Eddy_JukeZ

People can prefer going with a different manager besides Zidane, but the amount of disrespect he gets from some posters on here is hilarious.

I've seen people in this thread asking what kind of credentials does he have to manage us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane isn't the only manager ever who's managed great teams. He isn't the only manager ever who managed Ronaldo.

There's Real fans on here including @giorno who sing his praises.

He took over a Real Madrid team floundering in the league under Benitez and accumulated more points than peak MSN Barcelona in the league that season. He then won the European Double the following season(Real's 1st in 50 odd years). His final season had a disappointing league campaign, but he still won the Champions League.

He left(along with Ronaldo) and Real Madrid were terrible the following season.

Zidane comes back and significantly improves their defensive record and they win another La Liga title. The following season, they get to the semi-finals of the Champions League while dealing with an injury crisis and narrowly misses out on La Liga despite their squad being nowhere near as good as Zidane's 1st stint.

Zero credentials though.

Last edited:

FatTails

People can prefer going with a different manager besides Zidane, but the amount of disrespect he gets from some posters on here is hilarious.

I've seen people in this thread asking what kind of credentials does he have to manage us..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane isn't the only manager ever who's managed great teams. He isn't the only manager ever who managed Ronaldo.

There's Real fans on here including @giorno who sing his praises.

He took over a Real Madrid team floundering in the league under Benitez and accumulated more points than peak MSN Barcelona in the league that season. He then won the European Double the following season(Real's 1st in 50 odd years). His final season had a disappointing league campaign, but he still won the Champions League.

He left(along with Ronaldo) and Real Madrid were terrible the following season.

Zidane comes back and significantly improves their defensive record and they win another La Liga title. The following season, they get to the semi-finals of the Champions League while dealing with a injury crisis and narrowly misses out on La Liga despite their squad being nowhere near as good as Zidane's 1st stint.

Zero credentials though.
BUT BUT BUT he had the better team. According to your average RedCafe member, they reckon they could’ve won three on the trot with that squad.

We can start considering him as an Ole replacement when he wins the World Cup with Burnley.

Foxbatt

He could get a shot at relegation fodder job or even some desperate mid table team, but he will be given zero time in there, unlike at United. First 10 games if he's uninspiring and he'll be sent packing back to Norway.

Still the only teams that would currently consider him in PL IMO are Newcastle and probably Norwich. Can't see any other club considering him or changing his approach to accommodate him.
Newcastle? You must be joking. They are not going to touch him with a barge pole. They would go for a much better manager than him. They want to win trophies.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Ole is a culture manager. But nothing more. He lifts the general mood of the club which he has been banking on all this while to safe his job. I think Ronaldo sees right through this now that he has joined us

Sviken

The thing about the Glazers is that they're a bunch of clueless idiots that give no shit about football, United and only care about the dividents. What this generally means is that they'll always dither on appointments and sackings and we'll always be late on everything that needs to be done. They'll only sack Ole when it becomes painfully clear and obvious, to the point of the desired finish being mathematically impossible or at least close to it, that he is not up to the job, way after everyone and their grandmas have figured that stuff out. We're a horrible run football club and I don't see that ever changing until it is sold.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ole is a culture manager. But nothing more. He lifts the general mood of the club which he has been banking on all this while to safe his job. I think Ronaldo sees right through this now that he has joined us
This culture talk is tiring.

People are acting like he took over Burnley and made them punch above their weight consistently by instilling said culture.

MyDevil

I hope tomorrow but realistically, it should be after Liverpool match.

Yakuza_devils

Is this the first time that a poll of more than 90% want the manager to be out immediately? This is how bad Ole is doing with a world class squad.

And for those saying that he will get a new job easily at other club. I think no owner is that crazy to appoint someone who spent half a billion and play stone age football. The football is really bad and disjointed, no resemblance of any team play at all.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This culture talk is tiring.

People are acting like he took over Burnley and made them punch above their weight consistently by instilling said culture.
Agreed. I don’t buy it either. I guess most were having Jose’s tenure as a reference point.

hobbers

I don't think using the prices of players is a fair stick to beat Ole with, how is it his fault that Woodie can't get a good deal on a player to save his life?
They weren't bad deals though. They were all close to market value. Even though AWB has very little in the way of ability and has turned out to be a really dismal signing, we still only paid the going rate for up-and-coming English full backs. Varane a comparative steal.

Point is Ole has had 3 major defensive reinforcements brought in and it's amounted to naught. Jose got more out of Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Young than Ole gets out of his £200m back four.

marcus agrippa

If you lack ambition or desire for a clue, you bring in Ole. Charlatan who defrauded his way into the job.
Harsh.

I disagree, though. Not because I'm Ole in, because I've never been (thought he shouldn't have been hired in the first place), but because he is precisely what it said on the tin: a former Molde manager who hadn't won anything in six years when we hired him, and before that, a couple of Norwegian league titles, and before that, relegated a team from the Premiership and threatened to double up on that in consecutive seasons before getting fired.

I mean, what did these fools in charge of the club expect would happen here?

He's not a fraud because he is just who he is. I'd look at the people making decisions at this club first. Just clueless.

UnitedFire

Over 91% want a change. That is incredible given
A) a lack of obvious ideal replacements
B) the Ole hero status from being a player
C) Replenishing the squad into something that at least looks decent even if it might be over rated potentially.
D) League positions ahead of what most people thought the squad were capable of in those years.

However, 91% are not wrong! Ole has been getting by on luck, moments of individual brilliance, pens galore down to rapid skillful attacking players and with other teams like Chelsea being in transition. Spurs in decline. Liverpool with injuries.

Ole has got us far in tournaments to his credit, but that last 20% necessary to get you over the line is not there and now that lack of cut is appearing regularly in all competitions.

Despite Ole appearing to make positive squad changes, I actually think we've taken a step back in terms of balance for what Ole wants. The counter attacks without Rashford and James has been blunt in efficiency.

I'm just not seeing anything to suggest a positive outcome and I agree with this thread deception. Its time to make a change before the inevitable happens anyway

Sviken

BUT BUT BUT he had the better team. According to your average RedCafe member, they reckon they could’ve won three on the trot with that squad.

We can start considering him as an Ole replacement when he wins the World Cup with Burnley.
You can give Ole that prime Real Madrid team Zidane had and he'd be fighting for a top 4 finish in La Liga, let alone winning a CL. Some people seriously have no idea how important the manager is. I thought we as United fans would know best given the calamity that was Moyes after SAF retired despite the squad being virtually the same.

croadyman

Would say finally a poll which tells it like it is but then Ole's biggest supporters will inevitably come for me

Yakuza_devils

Harsh.

I disagree, though. Not because I'm Ole in, because I've never been (thought he shouldn't have been hired in the first place), but because he is precisely what it said on the tin: a former Molde manager who hadn't won anything in six years when we hired him, and before that, a couple of Norwegian league titles, and before that, relegated a team from the Premiership and threatened to double up on that in consecutive seasons before getting fired.

I mean, what did these fools in charge of the club expect would happen here?

He's not a fraud because he is just who he is. I'd look at the people making decisions at this club first. Just clueless.
Very good post.

The Glazers and Ed were lucky to have SAF. After he retired the club is in a continuous downward spiral. Top management have no clue about football but finance, commercial and marketing. No vision, structure and planning on football side of things at all.

How on earth those highly intelligent people (Top Management) continuously making mistake after mistake? We have had Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole in charge who needs different set of players all together every 2 or 3 years. The worst part, all of them play fecking negative football.

We all thought that DOF - Murtough can change all that. But apparently, he has no power over appointment of manager. The manager appointment still go back to Ed or Top Management of the club which has no clue about football.

Man Utd need real changes at the very top and not just put a DOF in charge of academy. We need proper football structure in the club helm by football people. This is common sense and not rocket science.

Yakuza_devils

You can give Ole that prime Real Madrid team Zidane had and he'd be fighting for a top 4 finish in La Liga, let alone winning a CL. Some people seriously have no idea how important the manager is. I thought we as United fans would know best given the calamity that was Moyes after SAF retired despite the squad being virtually the same.
Only in this forum that people compare Ole to Zidane. This is a fecking big joke in Spain and France and World Football.

sosolid4u09

Here is my biggest worry for ole.
He has transformed our squad and bought harmony and unity back to Manchester united (i think the way he handled pogbas off field issues has been good) . He got rid of players that didnt fit (fellaini lukaku etc) and there is a genuine feel good factor within the squad (with a few exceptions). The connection between the team and fans is also the least toxic its been since fergie.

Point is, since fergie left this is the best shape the club has been in. He is owed a massive thank you for that

My issue is that i do not believe he is good enough to take us to the next level. However we are primed for a top manager to take us there. As i said, we've not been this ready since fergie left.

My concern for ole is that if he sticks around for a further 6 months, it threatens to undo all of that. Pogba will leave, lingard will get a new contract, vdb will be gone, ronaldo will be disillusioned, sanchos confidence will be shot, the squad harmony will disappear. It will tarnish the good work he has done here. I dont want to see that. He needs to be replaced Asap while we're still in a position where a top manager can walk in and take us to the title.

Damon1559

There’s no straw man here. What a disappointing and lazy response.

You just can’t handle an opinion differing from your own.

In those years we have significantly improved the overall shape of the squad which Ole has played a significant role in. WeveEstablished youth academy players and massively closed the gap on Liverpool and City. There is still a gap of course I just happen to feel we’re now a midfield away from closing it.

Ole is not solely responsible for recruitment. To blame him for it would be as stupid as me claiming he’s solely responsible for the improved squad.

Intriguing that you’d sooner brand me as part of a cult than engage in a discussion. I’m sure it’s far easier to compartmentalise life the way you do.

What exactly is it that you feel Ole has added to the team in his time here? I only ask because for me, he has bettered the team by the players that he has brought in to the club. Now if what you are using as an excuse for him is true(Ole is not solely responsible for recruitment), then I don't feel he has added much at all bar not being Mourinho.. I mean spending half a billion on new players is bound to progress the team, no? Our style of play certainly hasn't improved. Our set pieces haven't improved. Our tactics haven't improved (against the low block teams). Our substitute decisions haven't improved. So would it be fair for me to say that Ole hasn't improved us much really at all?

I am yet to see a proper reply to the most deflected and ducked under point there is regarding him and I wonder if you could give me one: If he were to get sacked tomorrow, not one club from the PL would look to hire him and yet he is good enough for the biggest team in the league?!

Esquire

I've been an Ole supporter since he came in. I felt (and still feel) that the Caf was way too critical. Like everything else in our society, there are polar viewpoints in the Caf about Ole.

I still maintain that Ole was precisely what we needed after Mourinho. He DID bring us back to our roots, he DID do a good job of building the squad, he DID bring back a certain amount of honor and prestige to the manager position at Man United. And finally, two consecutive Champions League finishes (3rd and 2nd), a first since SAF retired. He was unable to win us a trophy.

For those of you who are rubbing their hands together with glee at his demise, you disgust me. The way you have treated a club legend is despicable. Your unabashed joy at being "right" about Ole is not only sickening, it's actually wrong. We've had 25 managers in our history, and only 6 have won a major trophy. In fact, three managers have accounted for all but 5 trophies. It's hard to find a good manager. Even more depressing is seeing our fans happy when we draw or lose. You know who you are... please stop or just support another club. You aren't helping.

I do believe that this squad has "outgrown" Ole and the current coaching staff. Whereas before this season, I felt our squad was performing at the expected level , maybe slightly better, this squad should be close to the top of the league. I'm tired of watching us TRY to play out of pressure. Maguire and Lindelof were not prepared adequately today. Leicester wanted it more than we did. Those are leadership and coaching issues.

My guess is that the board will wait until this run of tough fixtures is over with, then make a move. It's comical that the Caf thinks we have a chance for Zidane. Even more comical that there are some here who don't rate him. I don't know who we will get, but I'm not optimistic with the current names.
100% with you on this. This is a knee jerk forum and folks are entitled to criticise Ole for his deficiencies as a manager. But the personal nature of these attacks is just sickening. That said, I have gone from strongly Ole in to really on the fence. I am hoping, even desperate, for Ole to turn this around but for the reasons that you mention, he can’t seem to get the squad to execute his tactical plans. If people like us who only watch football can identify these problems, of course Ole and his staff (no matter how crap we claim they are) can surely spot the same.

But what is utterly impossible to understand is how our performance can be so poor and the team plays very much below the sum of its parts. He must in the next few games be brave. He must drop some players. He can’t shoehorn Ronny, Bruno and Pogba in the same team. He has to give Lingard and DVB a chance because his current “best XI” is nowhere near optimal. Sancho needs a go at RW now that Rashford is back. Cavani/Greenwood should have a chance to start at CF because what is clear is that we need to press from the top more as teams are killing us through the middle as they are afforded time to build from the back.

Play the same way, same team, same tactics will get him fired, no matter what Twitter says about his job being 100% safe.

Yakuza_devils

Next Man Utd supporter meeting with Glazers need to ask him what's the structure, planning and process of appointment of manager which is the single most important appointment in the club. How to consistently identified the most qualified man for the job. This whole process must be led by football people and not CEO or accountant who have never kick a ball in their life.

We don't want to end up with another Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole. We already have negative depressing football for 8 years!

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ole should be replaced now but he won't be. He will more than likely be replaced next summer if Utd don't make top 4. He might go in January if the supporters get really toxic. Hopefully Utd's next manager will have an identifiable playing style and some charisma. The staff at Utd, from coaches to CEO, look uninspiring. Would love to see a bit more personality in there to motivate the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.