Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza_devils

Nuno 4 months in charge and 2 points below us can't survive a 3-0 defeat.

Ole 3 years in charge and 500 mil spent survived 5-0 defeat at home to Pool. And continue playing negative football.

Ixion

If we lose to City and Spurs beat Everton we'll be behind Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Progress.

(I assume Spurs wont win but still, 4 of them above us after we spent 100s of millions)

Ralph1386

I'm convinced that if Sir Alex hadn't covered for him behind the scenes he'd be gone.

Ixion

Have we decided to sack Ole? That would be a start at least.
I think we're going down the Van Gaal route where we basically decided to sack him at Christmas and let him limp on to the end of the season and replace him.

city-puma

Why settle at just five years? Give him ten years. feck it, give him twenty! Give him the keys to the City of Manchester as well while you’re at it.

Why oh why are some fans so happy to accept mediocrity?
Complex problem need time to tackle. People should be given enough time to show their worth. It’s as simple as that. It’s not difficult to see why universities adapt to five-year tenure evaluation system.

ShinjiNinja26

Have we decided to sack Ole? That would be a start at least.
Not yet but I can see it already, we draw against Atalanta and then lose the City game and the board realise actually we should’ve sacked him after the Liverpool game. After sitting there twiddling their thumbs the board think Let’s go and get Conte now, ah feck he’s already away to Spurs. Fletcher till the end of the season it is then.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why settle at just five years? Give him ten years. feck it, give him twenty! Give him the keys to the City of Manchester as well while you’re at it.

Why oh why are some fans so happy to accept mediocrity?
He is a wum.

Flytan

Not like I agree with it but the club obviously didn't fancy Conte, all the briefings said as much. Whoever our target may be, they must already be at a club and unattainable until summer. Which follows on from what Ornstein said.
They fancy a little puppet that they can control by emotionally blackmailing the fanbase.

Of course they don't like Conte. Ole is basically a toddler in managerial form who just listens to anything they say and will always toe the company line..

It's because they clearly don't want Conte that I'm infuriated.

lilcurt

Complex problem need time to tackle. People should be given enough time to show their worth. It’s as simple as that. It’s not difficult to see why universities adapt to five-year tenure evaluation system.
Our management isn't a complex problem though. We have assembled a top tier squad bar one position. Yet given the squad to a manager who isn't fit for the championship.

Just like how you would replace a player who is leagues below the standard you do the same with the manager. There is nothing more Ole can show us that will change his ability at this point. We are just waiting for no good reason!

Winners win, people who ponder don't.

United Hobbit

Its infuriating Tottenham are actually productive and are going to get a manager that actually wins something

We on the other hand, persist with Ole whos proven he is out of his depth and has just been battered 5-0 by our greatest rivals at home

Completely and utterly inept.

So what happens if City batter us?

shinpad

A lot can change for Ole in the next two games, get a result in Italy and City just starting to wobble a bit this week, we could do a job on them and get some pride back. Forget Conte we'd be back to square one again after 2 years.

Ixion

I hope everyone wants Pochattino. The club are going to drag their feet until PSG sack him.

LordSpud

I think this thread should be closed for now - He aint going anywhere. Just watched the presser and he comes off as the safest man in the Prem.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Glazers don’t want Conte.

They want Brendan Rodgers - the geezer currently below Ole in the table.

While they could click their fingers and get Conte, Potter or Viera - they want Rodgers.
What? Now, I get that sometimes progressive and promising managers get labelled hipster choices, but Vieira has been in that job 5 minutes.

There is also nothing to suggest that we are prioritising Rodgers.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Glazers don’t want Conte.

They want Brendan Rodgers - the geezer currently below Ole in the table.

While they could click their fingers and get Conte, Potter or Viera - they want Rodgers.
Vieira :lol:

hobbers

A lot can change for Ole in the next two games, get a result in Italy and City just starting to wobble a bit this week, we could do a job on them and get some pride back. Forget Conte we'd be back to square one again after 2 years.
We're already at square 1.

city-puma

Our management isn't a complex problem though. We have assembled a top tier squad bar one position. Yet given the squad to a manager who isn't fit for the championship.

Just like how you would replace a player who is leagues below the standard you do the same with the manager. There is nothing more Ole can show us that will change his ability at this point. We are just waiting for no good reason!

Winners win, people who ponder don't.
Apparently, we simply don’t have the same view on the complexity of the job in our club. My opinion is merely based on my own understanding of this world and this sports, nothing more and nothing less. Let’s just agree to disagree.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
he's never getting sacked I am convinced of that.

Losing at Old Trafford 0-5 to Liverpool with one of the worst performances in the last 50 years didnt do it -

It cant get worse than that and he survived.

He aint going anywhere

NK86

We're already at square 1.
It's like we are watching a different United. We have literally switched back to a more defensive/counter-attack based football and yet some fans think Conte could possibly be worse. A good walloping in Italy and Ole and his cockiness will wash away like cheap paint.

romufc

If we lose to City and Spurs beat Everton we'll be behind Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs. Progress.

(I assume Spurs wont win but still, 4 of them above us after we spent 100s of millions)
Although I agree Ole should be sacked, I don't get it.

After we spent 100's of millions? In the last 2 years, the clubs that have spent 200m plus are
City, Manutd, Chelsea, Villa, Spurs Arsenal.

They've all spent 100's of millions not just Manutd.

NK86

he's never getting sacked I am convinced of that.

Losing at Old Trafford 0-5 to Liverpool with one of the worst performances in the last 50 years didnt do it -

It cant get worse than that and he survived.

He aint going anywhere
City up next, who will be fuming with that loss against Palace. If they're up for it, we could get absolutely slammed and Pep won't take the foot off the pedal.

hobbers

It's like we are watching a different United. We have literally switched back to a more defensive/counter-attack based football and yet some fans think Conte could possibly be worse. A good walloping in Italy and Ole and his cockiness will wash away like cheap paint.
Ole is now playing 7 at the back in sheer desperation with £100ms of forwards on the bench and people are still happy we haven't turned to """""negative""""" Conte.

Teja

I wonder if we have a cheap sack clause if we fail to finish top four. That's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

But whatever we save on paying Ole out will be lost by not having CL so :-/

NK86

Ole is now playing 7 at the back in sheer desperation with £100ms of forwards on the bench and people are still happy we haven't turned to """""negative""""" Conte.
But progress...

el3mel

Close this. He'll be our manager forever, there's no new manager, Ole will get a new 20 years contract at the end of the season.

NK86

I wonder if we have a cheap sack clause if we fail to finish top four. That's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

But whatever we save on paying Ole out will be lost by not having CL so :-/
I think there is definitely that clause, but is the money saved more compared to losing out on CL money and I am sure even sponsorships would have CL exposure related clauses.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The reports are saying that the board’s favorite candidates are Poch and Rodgers.
Who's reporting that? Seems to me that whoever we go after, the club will want to ensure them for next summer and hope Ole won't crash out of the top 4 in the meantime. I've heard that about Poch, that he's liked by the board and that, not Rodgers though. And Poch still has a very nice job.

More than the particular targets reported, I'd like to know the process of establishing candidates and prioritising between them.

izec

Close this. He'll be our manager forever, there's no new manager, Ole will get a new 20 years contract at the end of the season.
At least we have our new Fergie. Without trophies and attacking football of course, but Top4/Europa League stability is key.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
City up next, who will be fuming with that loss against Palace. If they're up for it, we could get absolutely slammed and Pep won't take the foot off the pedal.
Yeah I agree- I can see it happening too.

I can also see Ole rocking up to the presser for the next match with a big sly grin and a feck you to everyone.
I just dont think he will get sacked

NK86

Who's reporting that? Seems to me that whoever we go after, the club will want to ensure them for next summer and hope Ole won't crash out of the top 4 in the meantime. I've heard that about Poch, that he's liked by the board and that, not Rodgers though. And Poch still has a very nice job.

More than the particular targets reported, I'd like to know the process of establishing candidates and prioritising between them.
Ed: Have you seen Disneyland?
First manager to reply: Say no more. Where do I sign?

Think that's about it when it comes to us shortlisting our candidates.

NK86

Yeah I agree- I can see it happening too.

I can also see Ole rocking up to the presser for the next match with a big sly grin and a feck you to everyone.
I just dont think he will get sacked
He's like Adam Sanberg in that shitty movie which has come out. He just cannot die. He just restarts the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.