Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratt

I have a tiny hope that his friends and family that he’ll surely meet on his holiday, will talk him into resigning. No one will go unaffected by all the media pressure he’s experiencing now, and his loved ones would hopefully hate seeing that.

Jackal981

It's delusional thinking on Ole's part but I can't really argue with any of this, and on top of that this is his ultimate dream job. People who entertain the idea of him resigning if he loves the club too much are unrealistic. The board needs to sack him to get rid of him, which they should have done after Liverpool.
This. He will cling to this job until the end because he knows deep down he would never get any chance like this ever. People who thought he would resign are truly delusional. Imagine the janitor in your company suddenly got appointed as CEO. He will cling onto the job as long as possible even though every decision he takes turn to shite

Shark

@NotShark
I have a tiny hope that his friends and family that he’ll surely meet on his holiday, will talk him into resigning. No one will go unaffected by all the media pressure he’s experiencing now, and his loved ones would hopefully hate seeing that.
His friends and family will talk him into giving up fifteen million?

That's an absurd hope.

Castia

I’ve not seen this much speculation and pressure on a manager to be sacked and the club just carry on. The LvG and Jose sackings were nowhere near this vocal.

I’d be stunned if he’s still in charge for Watford, imagine we lose that game it will be a complete farce.

Corridor of Uncertainty

If the club are so astute with their social media interactions etc, they must surely have come to the conclusion that the majority of United supporters want him to be relieved of his duties.

Pearl.Jam

I keep seeing ole being referred to as a legend and it got me thinking. Is he really a legend? He scored an important goal in a final but take that away he was in essence a squad player,super sub if you like but to be called a club legend? Cantona,Robson,Best,Charlton in my opinion are legends. And it's pretty safe to say Ole doesn't hold a candle to those 4 players.
Not a legend in my eyes, he scored a legendary goal but that don’t make him one

Devil may care

I think that’s it. He’s been treated differently than them for his entire tenure here…

Now fans start realising that he’s not behaving any differently at all.

If anything, at this point his era is becoming more toxic than the previous two managers at the club - and looks as though it might well leave the club in even more of a mess.

Obviously you’ll have some people still gibbering pointless rubbish about how he ‘cares more about the club’ etc, but at this point it’s blatantly obvious that such talk is either deluded, emotional nonsense or simply subtle wumming.

Ole has presided over Utd becoming a complete fecking joke. Won no trophies and has no style of football after 3 years of having half a fecking billion pounds invested in him.

He’s been paid more than Jurgen Klopp over the past 3 years ffs. If he had any tangible care for the club he should step down at this point, during this international break.
It's become a case of emotional blackmail for some, leveraging a myth to excuse actions worse than any of the previous 3 managers.

or he genuinely believes he can turn the clubs fortunes around? The club he lives breathes and sweats more than any of us will or can dream of as we have never played for the club?
If he believes that he's deluded and I don't believe he's dumb. The rest is nonsense, he was a paid employee of the club, there are fans here that have journeyed all over the world on their own dime to support United and have been doing it long before he was even at the club, to suggest he cares more is frankly disgraceful.

He's got a legally binding contract. In no shape or form should a man who is sticking to his contact be criticised because the Diddums internet fans can't handle it anymore.

He's doing nothing wrong honouring his end of the deal and it's not like he's losing on purpose.

The club have to get rid of him. People who expect him to just walk away are the most delusional bunch I have ever seen. It ain't happening and nor should it.

The club are either scared the fans might get angry at them again once the safety barrier (Ole) is gone or they simply have nobody lined up. It could be either.
So tired of this idea that multi millionaires need to cling on for their money, you can say they are legally within their rights of course but it lowers my view of them even further, at least Gordon Strachan refused his payoff and he was actually sacked. My main point was lets stop the Ole loves the club more than anything and he should be treated differently to LVG and Mourinho when he's acting exactly as they did despite getting all the players he wanted, purely operating from a financial gain perspective at the detriment of the club, he deserves to be treat with the same contempt as the 2 foreigners without the DNA were.

RUCK4444

It does take a lot of self awareness and reflection to realise when something is beyond your capabilities. Gattuso managed it though.
I think the thing that would have alarm bells ringing for me is that Rio thinks he should go, as does Scholes, potentially Keane and I think Neville knows it but is arguing that the club simply won't sack him. None of his mates and ex pro's have belief in him anymore. Rio said he never did. These are opinions that he should be taking on board.
On the bolded, not really though imo. These guys are are ALL with the exception of Rio terrible and failed managers. The fact they are ex-United players and legend status add weight to their opinion from a pundit perspective only and if I'm Ole I'm not listening to a word these guys say from a managerial perspective.

If I put myself in Ole's shoes I think what would have really hurt is that 5-0 against Liverpool, that would have hurt him on every level, just on a basic level as a fan of the club himself that would have been a killer, especially when your the one at the helm under that result. The City game then compounds that. I think those results speak louder to him than anything these pundits say, the formation changed immediately after that Liverpool game, the approach has changed and right now it doesn't really look to be for the better.

Human nature dictates that he will be questioning his ability after those results and the way our season has gone so far but the default for these guys is to fall back on their own self belief and keep going. Whilst I've already conceded it's time for a new manager to take us forward I'm not going to start hating Ole because the board won't sort their act out and start doing the job of directing this club with an ounce of professionalism.

Last edited:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Just watching Goldbridge video he just put on YouTube and he's making some good points.

1) Why are United trying to claim that they are waiting till the summer for a certain manager? If that manager wants the job so much, why aren't they doing everything they can to get the job now? One man said he wanted to come to United in Conte, and we decided against it. This is a massive opportunity for any manager with these players, there will be a queue of managers wanting the job. We'll still have to pay a fee for any of the mentioned managers in the summer, so it is no different.

2) United are spinning us all. They claim 3 more games, then till Watford, then till summer. If Ole gets top 4 they won't sack him, end of. That is their ambition, they don't intend on replacing him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its evident that we'll keep him up until top 4 is not possible.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Just watching Goldbridge video he just put on YouTube and he's making some good points.

1) Why are United trying to claim that they are waiting till the summer for a certain manager? If that manager wants the job so much, why aren't they doing everything they can to get the job now? One man said he wanted to come to United in Conte, and we decided against it. This is a massive opportunity for any manager with these players, there will be a queue of managers wanting the job.

2) United are spinning us all. They claim 3 more games, then till Watford, then till summer. If Ole gets top 4 they won't sack him, end of. That is their ambition, they don't intend on replacing him.
I agree on point 2 but not the first point. Managers hate starting a project mid way and they hate burning bridges with clubs whom they doing well with just in case things go tits up and might be out of a job in 1-2 years time.

Flairandentertainment

Big Sam could do a much better job with this bunch of players, certainly as a short-term stop-gap. He'd sort out the defence, which would allow our plethera of top class forwards to play to their strengths. Then bring in Pocetino.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Wtf is this shit about Ole putting club above himself? He loves and cares for club? Definitely. But if he really put club above anything, he should have resigned by now. Otherwise, is he really that deluded or naive that he can't see that players don't trust in his coaching, look lost on pitch and majority of fans too don't trust him anymore?

This is why I love social media and the internet to some extent it takes away the power of an often bias media.

Great points, granted they reflect things that I’ve often felt even before all the recent defeats. But in summery most of the things Ole gets praised for are either myths, exaggerated, or not that great an achievement

https://utddistrict.co.uk/2021/11/0...eign-at-manchester-united-is-a-tale-of-myths/

I’ll add my bits.

1) Yes Ole has improved the squad. Although to say anyone would with £450m is actually inaccurate as we have seen it’s easier to sign the wrong players. What I will say is that Ole’s signings are like his football, safety and lack ambition. Eg Maguire, AWB, etc his unexpected signings he never gives a chance.

2) Getting rid of toxicity after Mourinho, 100% agreed and said it before. If Mourinho was the cause then Mourinho leaving would have removed the toxicity.

3) Giving youth a chance, agreed fully, whether it’s academy players or young players that have been signed ole doesn’t really play youth. McTominay was there from Jose and Greenwood is a generational talent.

4) Playing attacking football. Agreed. At its best it’s just our best players playing freestyle in the final 3rd. When it’s actually tactics it’s sit and hope for a counter. Or like Vs city hope we don’t lose by too much.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
We gotta get this guy out of the club.
The owners are hanging onto Ole like their lives depend on it.
If Ole stays till the Summer, it's going to be a gruelling few months, watching our team grind out results from Ronaldo worldies or just getting humiliated like we saw against LCFC, LFC, MCFC.
CFC yesterday scored 7 goals, so when we play them I fully expect them to give us a good spanking. Only this time, I don't see CFC lifting off the gas like MCFC and LFC did. I think they'll try and put 10 goals past us, if they can.

romufc

If the club are so astute with their social media interactions etc, they must surely have come to the conclusion that the majority of United supporters want him to be relieved of his duties.
Hahaha, this is Manutd. They are not astute. They are bunch of clowns running the show.

Interval

Level
Its evident that we'll keep him up until top 4 is not possible.
Surely after 3 different managers they’ve learnt that you can’t keep a guy around if the fans are generally done with him? It’s not like they can hide him under a blanket.

it’s all generally a bit dumb that we don’t have a plan in place as a contingency already. You’d think that a large organisation like this has plan B in case results go to shit. You’ve got highly paid PowerPoint nerds for exactly this.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I would actually take LVG over Ole. No joke.
Things were far from perfect under LVG, but if we had hired a similar manager after him with similar values we’d be so much better off than we are now.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I agree on point 2 but not the first point. Managers hate starting a project mid way and they hate burning bridges with clubs whom they doing well with just in case things go tits up and might be out of a job in 1-2 years time.
Also a point he made, but if City or Real Madrid sacked their manager today, they would have Ten Hag, Rodgers or Poch appointed by the weekend.

The club are just playing us all for fools and we're making excuses for them.

DULLAGHAN

Big Sam could do a much better job with this bunch of players, certainly as a short-term stop-gap. He'd sort out the defence, which would allow our plethera of top class forwards to play to their strengths. Then bring in Pocetino.
I'd actually love to have big Sam for 6 months. It'll never happen, but it'd be quality to watch

Flytan

I think it's fair to question how much ole cares about the club as there have been managers recently who have resigned and lost at least some of their compensation. It should be a lesson to everybody that you shouldn't ever think any ex player or person to do with the club is willing to sacrifice themself. I wouldn't either if it was millions and I honestly don't think many other people are that principled either.

I don't think he believes he can manage anymore. Look at his interviews, he's close to crying in like half of them. So people saying he still has the confidence, he doesn't. And if he does it's delusion, not confidence. Any rational person can see when they're in over their head.

But in the end it is the board and woodward fault, not his. I don't hold it against him for wanting his payout, they made a commitment to his managerial tenure and they should pay him the compensation without him having to force it. I just agree that it should open up people's eyes on what a "legend" actually is and the word shouldn't be used lightly.

Stacks

We were in a better position last year but with much tougher final 2 matches than this time.

Villarreal are 12th in La Liga, let's not pretend they're some top team.
Yet we were lucky to beat them.
they are a very very poor team. People think because we struggle vs someone that means they are good. we lost to Villa. Villa have lost like every match around playing us.

GlasgowCeltic

Mctominay in the Kevin Nolan role, I can see it

Statements like this drive me nuts. All you're doing is searching out opinions that share your own biases. Social media is still media.
Nope. I’ve read an article that I agree with. After a year or so of reading journalist talk about things that I didn’t agree with, and seeing those things then parroted without question or thought by fans.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
United are spinning us all. They claim 3 more games, then till Watford, then till summer. If Ole gets top 4 they won't sack him, end of. That is their ambition, they don't intend on replacing him.
I'm convinced that this is the board's intended path. While there is still a reasonable chance Ole can make top four, the board will keep him on and save themselves a fortune in payoff money.

Moyes: sacked the moment top four become unreachable
LVG: won the FA Cup, then sacked the following day for failing to finish in the top four.
Jose: sacked when it became clear the players were no longer with him, removing any chance of finishing in the top four while he remained.
Ole: see Jose.

Top four is the extent of the board's ambition for the club. Anything beyond that is merely a bonus.

tomaldinho1

This is why I love social media and the internet to some extent it takes away the power of an often bias media.

Great points, granted they reflect things that I’ve often felt even before all the recent defeats. But in summery most of the things Ole gets praised for are either myths, exaggerated, or not that great an achievement

https://utddistrict.co.uk/2021/11/0...eign-at-manchester-united-is-a-tale-of-myths/

I’ll add my bits.

1) Yes Ole has improved the squad. Although to say anyone would with £450m is actually inaccurate as we have seen it’s easier to sign the wrong players. What I will say is that Ole’s signings are like his football, safety and lack ambition. Eg Maguire, AWB, etc his unexpected signings he never gives a chance.

2) Getting rid of toxicity after Mourinho, 100% agreed and said it before. If Mourinho was the cause then Mourinho leaving would have removed the toxicity.

3) Giving youth a chance, agreed fully, whether it’s academy players or young players that have been signed ole doesn’t really play youth. McTominay was there from Jose and Greenwood is a generational talent.

4) Playing attacking football. Agreed. At its best it’s just our best players playing freestyle in the final 3rd. When it’s actually tactics it’s sit and hope for a counter. Or like Vs city hope we don’t lose by too much.
On this point - this is where when I look back I am most disappointed in him. When he came in there was a lot of press about how we were going to target younger, hungry signings and cast off the Mou style recruitment which had proved you can't just throw money at a problem. We signed AWB, James two young highly rated players and Maguire who was seen as a necessary experience player...then it all just goes to shit once Ole realised he is miles away from being able to actually mould a team into the style he wants, the younger players we have bought don't play (VdB, Sancho, James was sold, AWB is now seen a joke) and we've brought in Cavani, Ronaldo, Varane, Bruno, Telles...it's a genuine farce. He is just Mou mark II without the shit-stirring.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Things were far from perfect under LVG, but if we had hired a similar manager after him with similar values we’d be so much better off than we are now.
The team was incredibly well coached under LVG. We were a phenomenal possession side. Unfortunately it was boring defensive possession football. If we would have appointed an attack minded possession manager after LVG it would have been perfect. But we went with Mourinho who didn’t believe in possession football and we had to start from scratch again.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Ole himself attacked the fans, he said the louder ones are not the good ones. The majority of the fans are now loud and wants him out.
He deserves even more battering. And what actual feck has Ole done that shows he has put the club before himself? Fly back home on a private jet for a nice little holiday after a derby where he had more attempts at his own goal that City’s? Get out.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
On this point - this is where when I look back I am most disappointed in him. When he came in there was a lot of press about how we were going to target younger, hungry signings and cast off the Mou style recruitment which had proved you can't just throw money at a problem. We signed AWB, James two young highly rated players and Maguire who was seen as a necessary experience player...then it all just goes to shit once Ole realised he is miles away from being able to actually mould a team into the style he wants, the younger players we have bought don't play (VdB, Sancho, James was sold, AWB is now seen a joke) and we've brought in Cavani, Ronaldo, Varane, Bruno, Telles...it's a genuine farce. He is just Mou mark II without the shit-stirring.
I dont think any club will sign only young players. You need to mix it up with young players, peak players. Also wasn't Bruno just 25 when he was signed? He was young enough.

I don't see any problem with age of players we signed, it's just that he is very poor at using the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.