Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.
"We look after family"

Well we are paying him £7.5m a year...

Hoof the ball

Two transfer window signings warm-up round the outside
Round the outside, round the outside

Two transfer window signings warm-up round the outside
Round the outside, round the outside

Guess who's back
Back again
Solskjaer's back
Hires a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back
Guess who's back

I've created a monster
'Cause nobody wants to see Martial no more
They want de Beek, I'm chopped liver
Well if you want de Beek, Fred is what I'll give you....

HailtotheKing

I bet Joel Glazer thought signing Ronaldo is equivalent to signing a legendary quarterback for Tampa Bay. Worked in american football, surely it'll work in real football.

The two sports are practically the same, right.
Ronaldo was also bought for the brand. One of the reasons why I’m amazed they aren’t worried about losing him if we fail to get top 4. Especially with Pogba also leaving. If they both go that will seriously hit our branding. Along with the fall of revenue from not being in the Champions League that’s surely got to be a bigger long term hit on their finances than any short term payout to Ole and his coaches and a buyout to bring in a new manager. Added to the fact that we’ll be out of Europe and it’ll be harder to attract good players and managers plus some of our present players may want to leave, it surely makes no sense to do what they’re doing. No business sense. But I guess bankers don’t think like that do they? Crazy, crappy times.

Godfather

Ole is family as the ultimate Mates FC slogan. Hardly something that'd meet the business judgement rule.

HailtotheKing

They are on holiday because most of his favourites are away on international duty, so why would he work on things with the rest.
Yeah, why see if Sancho can be a right wing back now when you can just car crash test it vs Watford? Why work on set pieces, defence, shape, patterns of play, or any of that stuff at all?

Needham

One of the best managers in the game currently and sure to be regarded as an all time great is regularly called a Pep Guardiola is my idol on the Caf.

Calling a manager who has spent 400m and in the job for 3 years delivering feck all a fraud or P E teacher is now regarded as ‘excessive vitriol’.
The RAWKification of the Caf is complete.
Tbf to rawk you can get away with much more over there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This whole “players not on international duty“ along with Ole being given the week off is actually mad. Players not on international duty is essentially the fringe squad and young players. When the senior players are away on international duty, it’s surely a time for those players to get some additional care, attention and coaching.

If I was one of those players right now I’d be feeling really fecking disappointed and really fecking insignificant.

RUCK4444

Yeah, why see if Sancho can be a right wing back now when you can just car crash test it vs Watford? Why work on set pieces, defence, shape, patterns of play, or any of that stuff at all?
Yeah this is what I’m p*ssed about with this holiday and I’ll usually defend Ole when it’s warranted.

In what world do you go on holiday when one of the biggest clubs on planet earth are nosediving under your watch and every aspect of the tactics, formation, (you name it!) is under massive scrutiny!?

I know there is massive mental pressure that any human needs a break from, clear the head as it were. But there is FAR too much that needs addressing before the Watford game, literally everything conceivable needs work. Every day of this period should be used to correct issues and work with the players who aren’t on international duty.

Kopral Jono

"We look after family"

Well we are paying him £7.5m a year...
On the flip side I'm also guilty for having called Ole a fraud, something these fans would consider as blasphemy. If it goes on like this I wouldn't rule out on the possibility of our fans physically fighting among themselves inside Old Trafford or outside the ground, not unlike Arsenal fans during the 'Wenger out' heyday.

This is no longer the manager's fault. This predicament is fully on the board and the owner for being so incredibly incompetent.

midou

Pete Chapman

@kangenwelluk

"Glad the RedArmy is just a group of football fans, not a real army. Not many you could rely on in combat. #ManUtd for life, not just for trophies. Ole is family. We look after family."

When I see tweets like this I can't help but wonder the sheer depth of the rift within our fanbase. On one hand you have fans like him who will defend Ole to the hilt, bordering on delusion, and on the other you have those calling him all sorts of names.

We're a broken club.
I can think of army analogy from Band of brothers - when the soldiers decided it is better to be court-martialed rather than follow Cpt. Sobel in combat.

Ixion

We've basically given a relative that has managed a team at a call centre an executive job at Google or something with massive salary and company car. No one can accuse us of not looking after him.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

We're a broken club.
:lol:

There it is! We've turned into The Fast And Furious. :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The fact as well he is giving a holiday to players who have barely played at all, so goodness knows what their fitness is like. I know, sod fitness, I'll just knock that on the head.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To think Chelsea got rid of arguably their greatest ever player with minimum fuss.
There's something deeply wrong with some Man Utd fans psyche. It's like above all else, an imaginary moral high ground is the most important thing. They believe in a myth that there is something intangible that just makes them different. Ole is not your family ffs. He's an employee of the club you support and like all employees...he is expendable.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The fact as well he is giving a holiday to players who have barely played at all, so goodness knows what their fitness is like. I know, sod fitness, I'll just knock that on the head.
Wasn't there a friendly arranged too which got cancelled? I've seen a few people mention this, which would point to it being a spontaneous decision and not something pre planned.

Arthur Pewty

Supports
Manchester City
I find the Rogers bashing, quite interesting. Perhaps because he would not be a "glamourous" appointment, compared to Conte or Zidane or ten Hag etc?

But he's a million miles better than what you have currently, and is actually IMO a really, really good manager (if you can get past the teeth). As a City fan, I remember when we went to Swansea and they passed it around us like they were Barcelona. He had them playing really great, attacking football. He did a decent job at Liverpool and was whiskers away from winning the league. And he's been impressive at Celtic (of course) and subsequently at Leicester. You don't beat City 5-2 at our place by being rubbish.

With your resources and the quality of players you have, he'd get you top 4 this season, guaranteed. Maybe top 2 and conceivably if you changed quickly you could even still win it. And definitely challenging for the title next year.

VS stick with Ole and you have zero chance of any of that. If you can get Rogers, it's a no-brainer IMO. Of course personally speaking, I hope you still with Ole for as long as possible.

Last edited:

pocco

loco

We're a broken club.
Reading tweets like that makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. They're advocating Ole being above scrutiny or criticism. Do they think people want to just see us plod on and fail, just so we can say that we have an ex player as our manager? I'd like to know their logic. They just don't realise but they are part of the problem - they are everything that the Glazers want.

pocco

loco
Yeah this is what I’m p*ssed about with this holiday and I’ll usually defend Ole when it’s warranted.

In what world do you go on holiday when one of the biggest clubs on planet earth are nosediving under your watch and every aspect of the tactics, formation, (you name it!) is under massive scrutiny!?

I know there is massive mental pressure that any human needs a break from, clear the head as it were. But there is FAR too much that needs addressing before the Watford game, literally everything conceivable needs work. Every day of this period should be used to correct issues and work with the players who aren’t on international duty.
It all points to them all believing that they think things will just come good. The tactics will work eventually, the training and coaching will click eventually. It's just a bad nightmare.

I predicted a long time ago that getting rid of Ole would be the biggest shit show when the time comes and it looks like I vastly underestimated the whole thing. The level of incompetence and arrogance from the lot of them (Woodward down to Ole) is just off the scale. I don't know if the rest of the footballing world are watching all this but this is the biggest shit show I can remember in football. Will be pure entertainment for rivals or just anyone that doesn't support United.

the_cliff

It's actually mad now I think about it. After the result against City everyone practically thought he was gone. Then reports from Simon Stone and Ornstein came out saying no news from Manchester United on the position of Ole, they want to just wait until it blows over.

Since then, radio silence on him, no backing and no sacking. It's like they actually believe if they just ignore the problem it will go away and fans will just forget about the results. :lol: :lol:

It's like when you used to procrastinate revising for your exams, just forget about it until the day before your exam, then you have to rush everything and you're fecked.

HailtotheKing

To think Chelsea got rid of arguably their greatest ever player with minimum fuss.
There's something deeply wrong with some Man Utd fans psyche. It's like above all else, an imaginary moral high ground is the most important thing. They believe in a myth that there is something intangible that just makes them different. Ole is not your family ffs. He's an employee of the club you support and like all employees...he is expendable.
Yeah but Chelsea are used to firing their managers. We had a god at our club for 27 years. Who preached to back our manager. So now we do, blindly and submissively regardless. It’s as admirable as it is stupid. But for some it’s all that matters.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Reading tweets like that makes me want to bang my head against a brick wall. They're advocating Ole being above scrutiny or criticism. Do they think people want to just see us plod on and fail, just so we can say that we have an ex player as our manager? I'd like to know their logic. They just don't realise but they are part of the problem - they are everything that the Glazers want.
A battery to be run dry. Particularly so when believing in a cause that marks them out as stalwarts with a never say die spirit. It basically means you're there to be fleeced forever more and if anyone points that out, you have righteous indignation on your side and can tell them they aren't real fans and are thus the enemy/plastics.

It's not a thought experiment to see concluded, however, as these types will gladly tank the club fighting against an imaginary enemy.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

We're a broken club.
Someone should ask that guy if Woodward and the Glazers are family?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

100% agree.

HailtotheKing

Yeah, he appears to have knocked a lot of things on the head. What happened to when he first came in and said we were unfit and he wanted to make us the hardest working team in the league? I thought that was why we had so many injuries. And for a while I remember us pressing. And we were. Now look at us. He seems to have totally given up on a lot of his ideas and principles and it’s baffling. In many ways it probably would’ve got better had we not bought Ronaldo and Sancho. Because now he doesn’t know what to do with them. It’s simply get it to Ronny, he’ll score. Greenwood, Rashford, shoot! We’ve become one dimensional and totally predictable. Because the one trick we did have, counterattacking, has been found out. So now he’s being forced to go after games and be aggressive and he doesn’t know how to do it. He doesn’t know how to control the ball. He just knows how to be better than the other team by having better players. And right now, even that doesn’t seem to be enough.

HailtotheKing

Back your manager. Back your manager. Back your manager.back your manager.

There, does that make sense to you now?
And also when you support something against the majority, it makes you feel superior and hold onto those beliefs even harder. You will never convince those people.

Swiss_Red89

So everyone not on international duty is on holiday for the whole week? Is this for real? That's unbeliveable.

HailtotheKing

It's actually mad now I think about it. After the result against City everyone practically thought he was gone. Then reports from Simon Stone and Ornstein came out saying no news from Manchester United on the position of Ole, they want to just wait until it blows over.

Since then, radio silence on him, no backing and no sacking. It's like they actually believe if they just ignore the problem it will go away and fans will just forget about the results. :lol: :lol:

It's like when you used to procrastinate revising for your exams, just forget about it until the day before your exam, then you have to rush everything and you're fecked.
They’re as paralysed as Ole was against Villarreal in the final. They don’t want to sack him cause that’ll cost them money. They don’t want to back him cause if they end up sacking him that will make them look stupid. Never mind that even Levy did it after 3 months. So they’re in this stick your fingers in your ears, cover your eyes and pray it will all work out. You know like most global companies are. Because we have the best of the best.

If an alternative was free and available, Ole would’ve been gone. But it’s all about money. Apparently short term money. And ego.

Ixion

Ole and the coaches should be locked in a room watching the Leicester, Liverpool and City matches on repeat 24/7 for 2 weeks till they learn something rather than off on a jolly somewhere.

Chairman Steve

Any football club is still a professional company entity at the end of the day, regardless of how philosophical and sentimental you want to make it.

I’m sure it’s family enough getting paid millions a year and get a few million when they sack you.

ShinjiNinja26

We're a broken club.
Feck off! Fans like this are part of the problem not the solution.

Hoof the ball

Funny thing is, even Donny was his idea, and not some board signing forced upon him. So that's Sancho and Donny. Both his ideas. No clue how to implement.

Donny van de Beek has offered some insight into how Ole Gunnar Solskaer convinced him to leave Ajax and join Manchester United.

The Dutchman was confirmed as United's first summer signing on Wednesday in a £34.6million deal that could rise to £39million

“It turned out that the manager had been following me for a long time. When he was the manager of Molde, in that match in the Johan Cruijff ArenA I scored with a head wound and bandage…

"He said he knows exactly what my great strength is and thinks that I should also get into the box a lot at United.

“They [former United duo Edwin van der Sar and Daley Blind were lyrical, said that United are an incredibly big, but above all, a warm club. And that is how I have experienced it so far. I can’t wait to get started there.”

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

We're a broken club.
Ole is family… my god. When he is sacked I hope we never ever hire a ex United anything ever again.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Funny thing is, even Donny was his idea, and not some board signing forced upon him. So that's Sancho and Donny. Both his ideas. No clue how to implement.
Next we'll heard about story of Ole seeing Maguire at Tesco and decided he was going to be a ManUnited captain one day.

RORY65

Richard Arnold (our next CEO) did once brag at a conference that United have more social media followers than Vin Diesel, they know that family is important.

Status
Not open for further replies.