• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The White Pele

Why is he still here?

Looks like he's being allowed to continue then. Absolute joke of a club we are turning into.
What else would you have the club do? Do you want your club to be run by people that sack the manager without a replacement lined up? And then end up in a scenario like Spurs where we’re giving the job to someone who’s not even on the shortlist

The silence from the club says it all. Ole is done. They’re just working out what to do next. And it’s not easy because most of us agree that Conte is not the right man.

Why rush it? We’re not winning the league this season but with a well considered appointment we should easily still finish top 4.

Highfather_24

I will miss the never say die attitude and late comebacks with Ole at charge. It made me fall in love with football again after Mourinho. Say whatever you want, I always felt like watching United for the last 3 years for the most part. We have scored some incredible goals, both individual and teamwise with him at the helm.

Ixion

Remember there were reports the other week how Ole had the full backing of the board and they had total confidence in him, none of that has come out this time.

dmode

Im curious, what would it take for you to call the sacking on Ole? I mean if a total humiliation against Liverpool at Old Trafford doesn't do it I wonder what would? Relegation maybe?
Sacking Ole could be a probable short term solution... but who can guarantee us success if we replace him now and with whom?

Ronaldo's Love Child

I'd be kind of curious to see Ole take charge at Spurs just to see what team he put out. Might just say to hell with it and use completely different formation, bring in Baily, VDB, Cavani, Lingard, Telles, bin the 4 forwards thing.
It's not the players he might bring in. It's the formation he chooses.

For some reason, he is stuck on this 4-2-3-1. It's a formation that for whatever reason our players have not been coached and drilled effectively in. It makes no difference whether he plays Rashford on he left, Martial, Sancho etc

After the Leicester game OGS said "something has to give" but then he used the exact same formation against Liverpool minus Pogba

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to really dislike Ole.

Anyone else feeling the same?
No. It's not his fault the board are clueless. Ole is still a legend and has done a decent job within his capabilities. He is not the right man to move forward but the squad is in a much better place to when he initially came in. He should have never been given a contract extension, but that is not his fault either.

Highfather_24

The worst case scenario : We hire Conte, the football is dull as feck(much worse than Ole's), and we win nothing anyway(likely considering the competition).

MUFC OK

So everything bad that happened to Klopp can be comparable, but anything good and it’s not fair to Ole…

Klopp is one of the best managers in the world. Ole is not. It’s that simple.

I never had a doubt about Fergie when City trashed us at home. But before the Liverpool game I already lost faith in Ole, and the players too by the look of it.
Haha only comparable for the sh*t stuff. Ole has come nowhere near the good that Klopp has achieved. You just know that if we got beat 7-2 by City, people would mention Klopp's defeat to Villa.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Logically the situation is untenable with so many leaks of dressing unrest. Logically he’ll be gone soon. But I find it difficult to be patient and just want to break something when I see all the new tweets saying that he’s going nowhere tbh.

KTA69

As a norwegian I followed Solskjærs career the whole life, both as player and manager. I always had the impression he wanted offensive attacking football. And had the impression he was not afraid to show his temper. But if he continues as manager this saturday he will use the same players and same system. He never rotates the team anymore, he has found his favorite group of players. He even uses Maguire out of shape before Bailly (as Bailly said). Its like he has given up (or protesting) and waiting for his resignation-paycheck. When Conte says he can be manager for ManUtd he wants to sign his own players and not what the board wants. Maybe Ole feels he gets handed players he never really wanted. Because I dont understand why he is not using Sancho and DVB properly. Was Ronaldo signed behind is back ?

Revan

Assumptionman
Honestly, if it was for 2-3 games or something I would let him take over just as a reward for all the shit he's gone through and he's got so much experience. If it was just to get to the International break, something like that. I loved him as a player and I think he's had a decent managerial career.
Great, but United should never be a charity to give jobs to our ex-players. Bruce is not a good manager, no need to get him here.

SuperiorXI

My preferred solution would be to get a temporary caretaker in then Erik Ten Hag in the summer. I can't think of any scenario where Ole should stay, his position is untenable.

Phil

We're playing like strangers, losing regularly and coming off one of our worst, most humiliating losses alongside multiple reports of the players being unhappy and losing faith in the manager.

His position is untenable and he has to go now rather than maintaining the limbo. Keeping him in place with all of that in mind is not ok for anyone involved, regardless of whether we have an immediate replacement in place.

ElDiabloRojo

There is obviously no pride or shame amongst the coaching staff, must be all about the salary, because what decent club would take any of them?

Losing the last two league games in that way ( battered ) and still continuing the same team layout.

They will beat the Spuds and Ole will be at the wheel again for another week.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Conte? Welcome to dull football and 10 men behind the ball. In all honestly if Ole doesn't turn it around and i really hope he does, then Rodgers is the only man for me.
His teams aren't anywhere near as defensive as you make out.

Yes they're structured and organised, but they don't park the bus. Nothing compared to what Jose offered up at all.

Nick7

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually starting to really dislike Ole.

Anyone else feeling the same?
I don't dislike him. I don't think he should have ever been put into this position. He was a great interim manager and did exactly what we needed him to do after Mourinho. Should never have gotten the full job, but I won't hold that against him.

RUCK4444

Maybe just maybe the owners are delaying it whilst determining the right successor. If that's the case then it's the right thing to do.

Just sack and hire Conte without even looking at our other options is what I'd expect the club to do. If they are actually doing some due diligence then maybe they've learned from their mistakes.

Either that or Fergie has reservations on Conte's style and whether it's what he and the board think suits the club.

Either way there's no rush to sack Ole until a replacement is able to take over, people are desperate to see it happen just so they know the club are on board, I get that.

Revan

Assumptionman
What else would you have the club do? Do you want your club to be run by people that sack the manager without a replacement lined up? And then end up in a scenario like Spurs where we’re giving the job to someone who’s not even on the shortlist

The silence from the club says it all. Ole is done. They’re just working out what to do next. And it’s not easy because most of us agree that Conte is not the right man.

Why rush it? We’re not winning the league this season but with a well considered appointment we should easily still finish top 4.
Or they are just riding the storm and plan to continue with Ole for the entire season. Which might be possible considering that our board knows about football as much as a dog knows for quantum mechanics.

MUFC OK

The club falls on it's own sword once again. It really is as simple as one of the top 5 managers in the world being available and we should move now to appoint him.

How many ex players, legends of clubs have been sacked as manager? Please United, just get this done, for my sanity.

RatPack

I think Ole has done a good job of getting the right players to the club. But is still missing the most important player on any team (DCM). Any top team has a great player on this position to cover the defense and start attacks. This is a player we have been missing for at least 5 or 6 years now.

Despite Ole getting the right players in, I think it is becoming obvious that he cannot coach and structure the defense.

However who should it be. I do not see any perfect choices.

Conte: To defensive and has so far not been a long term choice in any club.
Zidane: Not sure he would want the job. And PL is very different from La Liga.
Ten Hag: Big gamble as he will need time that I doubt he will get. Think he is the best choice.
Rodgers: I can only see him as a short term solution

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the thread title is true then we should keep him as the club's mascot.

Real Name

Or they are just riding the storm and plan to continue with Ole for the entire season. Which might be possible considering that our board knows about football as much as a dog knows for quantum mechanics.
I dont think so. Backlash is too huge for that move now.

Strelok

I will miss the never say die attitude and late comebacks with Ole at charge. It made me fall in love with football again after Mourinho. Say whatever you want, I always felt like watching United for the last 3 years for the most part. We have scored some incredible goals, both individual and teamwise with him at the helm.
Yeah me too. I was really enjoying watching us again the last two and a half year. Some pretty nice memories.

But it's time, it's inevitable I think.

dmode

But why did we fail against a much better side?
If you’re saying Liverpool have much better players (I don’t think they have), fair enough.
But if you’re thinking we list to a much better managed side (I think so), firing Ole is the only right thing to do.
I get your point, but why do we have to always blame the tactics? Or a player? Or some players? Or the tactics and the players?

My point is there are so many factors that's actually playing against us and singling out Ole like that is just stupid, at least I refuse to accept it.

The team is to be blamed as a whole, and a serious reassessment has to be made a each and every level.

In my humble opinion, this terrible defeat is somewhat a blessing in disguise, it's still very early in the season where we are still in decent positions, each and everyone of Manchester United will think twice before moving a finger.

Ole is legend, and we don't treat our legends like this after one season or so and give LFC the opportunity to boast that this is 2nd manager we're firing after a defeat to them, that's why I say there's no basis on firing him now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The club falls on it's own sword once again. It really is as simple as one of the top 5 managers in the world being available and we should move now to appoint him.

How many ex players, legends of clubs have been sacked as manager? Please United, just get this done, for my sanity.
Trouble with this club is that ex-players who either didn't have the acumen to be managers or were average at best are trying to dictate how the club should be run. There again, so are we. :(

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There's practically no point in sacking him until a replacement is ready to take over.

The board should be talking to suitable candidates behind the scenes and when they have an agreement with one it will be time to sack Ole.
If they are not talking to other managers still they are numpties. It's clear Ole has taken as far as he can.
It's the only logical reason for Ole still being in charge right now. The board has to be searching for his replacement.

Ole's position at the club was on a knife-edge before the Liverpool game, it became untenable at the final whistle. Keeping him in charge beyond that point would send the WORST possible message to the players, the fans and anyone associated with the club; that the board are prepared to accept mediocrity.

I struggle to believe, even for a second, that the board are prepared to give him another chance.

El Zoido

Don't worry, with this squad he'll achieve top 4 for the next couple of years. A monkey could. So don't expect anything to change next season or the season after.
We’re not getting top four if he stays, we’ve taken one point from the last four league games.

spiriticon

Remember there were reports the other week how Ole had the full backing of the board and they had total confidence in him, none of that has come out this time.
They are not going to release a public statement of their backing every time we lose a match...

They've done it once. It will be silence until he gets sacked, which may be tomorrow, the end of the year, or even further than that. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.