• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapythecat

The season is over by then.

We're going to be in a top 4 battle by all accounts if Ole remains the manager.
Whilst I totally agree that I think we won’t finish top 4 under Ole this season, The club will point to our recent finishes as proof he could turn it around. I genuinely don’t think he will be sacked for months.

Flytan

I get your point, but why do we have to always blame the tactics? Or a player? Or some players? Or the tactics and the players?

My point is there are so many factors that's actually playing against us and singling out Ole like that is just stupid, at least I refuse to accept it.

The team is to be blamed as a whole, and a serious reassessment has to be made a each and every level.

In my humble opinion, this terrible defeat is somewhat a blessing in disguise, it's still very early in the season where we are still in decent positions, each and everyone of Manchester United will think twice before moving a finger.

Ole is legend, and we don't treat our legends like this after one season or so and give LFC the opportunity to boast that this is 2nd manager we're firing after a defeat to them, that's why I say there's no basis on firing him now.
There's a lot of "feeling" in your post that doesn't have much basis on reality. Ole being a legend shouldn't ever absolve him from anything. Liverpool causing him to lose his job when he should have never gotten it originally shouldn't matter at all. Yes the players share some blame but when you spend 400m, that's your fault too.
Amazing how people are so desperate to get him out of the door they fail to see this. I'm ready for him to go but until someone is identified to take over it makes no sense to just jettison him leaving Carrick and McKenna in charge. They are part of the problem so nothing would change.
So then why keep him? They're all part of the problem so why not at least start the process?

Ixion

I get your point, but why do we have to always blame the tactics? Or a player? Or some players? Or the tactics and the players?

My point is there are so many factors that's actually playing against us and singling out Ole like that is just stupid, at least I refuse to accept it.

The team is to be blamed as a whole, and a serious reassessment has to be made a each and every level.

In my humble opinion, this terrible defeat is somewhat a blessing in disguise, it's still very early in the season where we are still in decent positions, each and everyone of Manchester United will think twice before moving a finger.

Ole is legend, and we don't treat our legends like this after one season or so and give LFC the opportunity to boast that this is 2nd manager we're firing after a defeat to them, that's why I say there's no basis on firing him now.
We have been playing this same broken 4-2-4 formation that offers no protection for the defense and has caused us to leak goals over and over and there is no sign Ole will change it. We got lucky against Atalanta and he stuck with everything exactly the same even though everyone said if that was Liverpool there would be no coming back from it. It has been too many games where he has refused to change anything, it's on the manager.

FPL addict

Supports
Leeds Utd
Staff have also lost faith. I read somwhere (i'll see if I can find the link) carrick and Mckenna are frustrated with him. They plan the training sessions and prepare the team for a 4-3-3. They believe this is the best formation that will give us better control in matches, but Ole and Phelan then decide to do their own thing for match days and stick with the 4-2-4.
Hang on a minute.

I don't rate Ole at all but this is getting ridiculous. The coaches should be traing around the formation the manager decides he wants to use , he is in charge after all, not second guessing him and choosing to train to their own preferred system.

Having said that it would explain the dysfunctional team performances in recent weeks.

El K2k

What is he going to achieve in the next few games that he hasn't done in 3 years.

The longer he stays the more damage he is going to do.

Drizzle

Might put a modest fiver on Ole to remain manager for the rest of the season.

The board will do anything to avoid change and they clearly don't have the appetite or the balls to bring in Conte.

A draw/scraped win vs Spurs and a non-disastrous defeat vs City and he limps on. The Neville/Ole-in-hype train will kick back into gear and the season goes up in flames. This is agony.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Watching games when we get annihilated by rivals is grim, i get that. Especially if you see no endgame. Carrying on doing something that gives too much heartache is not good for wellbeing.

Out of interest, what do you plan to do now then? Watch football but avoid our games or watch less/no football and watch more of something else?
That's it, I'm done.
We are the worst run club in the whole of world football. Can't be arsed the rest of this season now, what's the point?

Ted1985

Yeah we shouldn't worry about making the 'right' choice, so long as Ole is sacked innit.

The last time we got the manager selection right was fecking 1986.
My comment was a tad bit hasty, I agree we should make the right appointment. Hopefully someone who gives the young boys a chance at first team fotball and attacking football, which from what I understand Conte does not. Though Conte could and hopefully would be happy with a contract for just this season if no better manager is available.

Robbie Boy

The last few days have been an embarrassing new low for the club. The rest of the footballing world is no doubt laughing at us once again. Loooooooong season ahead.

Green_Red

It's not just Ronaldo - Cavani was visibly frustrated last season as well. I don't blame Mason that much but I do blame the coaching staff who can't improve his decision making. It's definitely coming from the manager who asks him to shoot regardless of the position he's playing him in.
Imagine if Ronaldo in his early days had been boxed in, in terms of trying things for his progression. Let's say he had a striker who cried about his delivery and decision making, what do you think would have happened? That's right, RvN was sold to Real. Ronaldo knows well the Mason Greenwood is early in his career and still learning. What should be happening his Ronaldo or Cavani should be putting their arm around him and coaching him on the pitch, which we've seen Cavani do last season.

Real Name

Watching games when we get annihilated by rivals is grim, i get that. Especially if you see no endgame. Carrying on doing something that gives too much heartache is not good for wellbeing.

Out of interest, what do you plan to do now then? Watch football but avoid our games or watch less/no football and watch more of something else?
Avoid watching United until we change a manager. It's too painful and too traumatic to watch our games now. I'd say I'll avoid any news relating club but I know its impossible to do it.
Such a shit, shit situation.
But I think he's done, they're just sounding candidates for the spot.
Or so I hope.

MUFC OK

Trouble with this club is that ex-players who either didn't have the acumen to be managers or were average at best are trying to dictate how the club should be run. There again, so are we. :(
Everyone thinks they know best. The problem is that 'Legends' bridge the gap between ownership and fans in the eyes of the Glazers. They will absolutely be aware of what the likes of Neville are saying.

If we are being brutally honest, this club was finished as a competitive entity at the peak of English and European football the second SAF left and we've not looked remotely close to returning since.

El Zoido

He’s still going to sacked, he’s just not going to be sacked right this minute, seemingly. I don’t quite get the mouth-frothing anger over this delaying of the inevitable. Can only hope the club is taking the time to line up a replacement.

Flytan

I'm pretty sure the process has already started but what's to be gained rushing him out of the door before a replacement has been identified and contacted?
Well I don't believe the board will stick their guns if he flukes a win in the upcoming games.. It's like a relationship you keep going back to because you were friends in middle school but in reality you need a complete breakoff from everything.

Also the players leaked they don't trust him. The situation is beyond toxic at that point and it could seriously derail players wanting to be at this club in years future

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm pretty sure the process has already started but what's to be gained rushing him out of the door before a replacement has been identified and contacted?
Because results were shocking and performances abysmal before today. Now he has all this extra pressure, players apparently confused and many no longer believe in him. What will the performances be like now? How far could we sink if he remains? Another drubbing off City and Old Trafford will probably get burned to the ground at this rate.

Anybody coming in now as a caretaker would have took the pressure off. Either way we're not winning anything, so what difference would it have made to just diffuse the situation, ride out the next couple of weeks and get a new manager in the international break.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He’s still going to sacked, he’s just not going to be sacked right this minute, seemingly. I don’t quite get the mouth-frothing anger over this delaying of the inevitable. Can only hope the club is taking the time to line up a replacement.
Yeah, I think it’s either a month from now (time to identify/get replacement) or same as Moyes, once we can’t make top.4 (maybe Aprilish).

crossy1686

career ending
Chill out you bunch of knee jerk whining kids. They're not going to sack him after the Liverpool game, he'll go after Tottenham or Atalanta, or the game after the City game. We aren't going to give those lot the satisfaction of sacking our managers and it gives us time to speak to other managers and put something in place. He's as good as gone so stop acting like kids because they didn't sack him yesterday when you wanted it to happen.

Real Name

Because results were shocking and performances abysmal before today. Now he has all this extra pressure, players apparently confused and many no longer believe in him. What will the performances be like now? How far could we sink if he remains? Another drubbing off City and Old Trafford will probably get burned to the ground at this rate.

Anybody coming in now as a caretaker would have took the pressure off. Either way we're not winning anything, so what difference would it have made to just diffuse the situation, ride out the next couple of weeks and get a new manager in the international break.
Who should be a caretaker for 3 games other then Phelan and Phelan shoudnt be imo.
And who's to say they wont hire that caretaker for a season then.

redmanc

I want him gone now but the club needs to make sure that plan B is lined up ready to go before they do, else we're going to be even more fecked. Pretty sure its happening.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think you're right, Ole is going to be sacked, but it's more than a little concerning when you hear reports that Ole is to be given more time, especially when those reports come from trusted sources like SkySports.

:nervous:

James35

I thought he may even resign for the good of the club he loves. Guess not (and yes I know about compensation etc)

I'm seriously done with Ole and will continue to hope for his job to be lost asap. This could get a lot more hostile now if the results don't come good very quickly.

This club though, it never fails not to fail. Incompetence seems to be the United DNA these days.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Well I don't believe the board will stick their guns if he flukes a win in the upcoming games.. It's like a relationship you keep going back to because you were friends in middle school but in reality you need a complete breakoff from everything.

Also the players leaked they don't trust him. The situation is beyond toxic at that point and it could seriously derail players wanting to be at this club in years future
Yes, but what's to be gained rushing him out of the door until a plan for a replacement is underway (which I'm sure is already happening)? Ole hasn't committed a heinous crime against the club, he's still a loyal and well behaved employee from their perspective. Better they leave someone there than create a chaotic void while we desperately identify his successor.

Real Name

Yeah, I think it’s either a month from now (time to identify/get replacement) or same as Moyes, once we can’t make top.4 (maybe Aprilish).
It will be similar to Jose situation. Players losing faith, too much going on in and around the dressing room, playing badly and miserable league form. Just think Ole will go sooner than December.

ShinjiNinja26

Why the feck are we prolonging the inevitable? It’s clear Ole is finished and he’s lost the dressing room, do we really need another couple of bad defeats to really hammer the point home? The incompetence of this board never ceases to amaze me. :houllier:

MUFC OK

Let’s also not even give a new manager a fighting chance by keeping Ole by wasting the precious points.
Any points lost between now and the sacking date are on the board. Lets not get it twisted - WE ARE IN FREEFALL. This club does not seem to care much about the on pitch side of things - to them the 'United DNA' is the brand, that's it.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
FFS they cant keep him when most of the players are not playing for him. We will only lose more games before the inevitable. Im convinced we are the worst runned club ever in any sport. A laughing stock, a circus..

Our fans need to become more vocal. The protests need to start again, and if i hear Oles at the wheel again, we only sing for the Glazers, not the club.

Greck

ahh I also remember my first couple times eagerly awaiting the Ole sack announcement. Strap in boys, heavy heavy disappointment is coming your way today and beyond.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Everyone thinks they know best. The problem is that 'Legends' bridge the gap between ownership and fans in the eyes of the Glazers. They will absolutely be aware of what the likes of Neville are saying.

If we are being brutally honest, this club was finished as a competitive entity at the peak of English and European football the second SAF left and we've not looked remotely close to returning since.
It always seems we make the right decision but at the wrong time. If Pep was not available then Jose should have been in from the start, instead we let Moyes arrive. Daft thing is Moyes would probably do a better job now than he did then (think he learnt a few lesson while here and his next couple of jobs). LvG wrong time. Then Jose brought in at the wrong time in his career.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Yes, results have been shocking, he has to go now. But what's to be gained leaving us with no one in charge at all?

Flytan

It's because many of us feel it's not quite as inevitable as you think.
Exactly, the reports aren't "he will remain in charge until the club have a replacement"

The reports are "he's still in charge on a short leash".

It's pathetic

Flytan

Yes, but what's to be gained rushing him out of the door until a plan for a replacement is underway (which I'm sure is already happening)? Ole hasn't committed a heinous crime against the club, he's still a loyal and well behaved employee from their perspective. Better they leave someone there than create a chaotic void while we desperately identify his successor.
I don't trust the board to stick to sacking him sorry. This board is every bit incompetent as ole himself. I firmly believe if he draws or wins the next game or two he will have the job come the end of the season

Santos J

Chill out you bunch of knee jerk whining kids. They're not going to sack him after the Liverpool game, he'll go after Tottenham or Atalanta, or the game after the City game. We aren't going to give those lot the satisfaction of sacking our managers and it gives us time to speak to other managers and put something in place. He's as good as gone so stop acting like kids because they didn't sack him yesterday when you wanted it to happen.
Mourinho was sacked after Liverpool

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
My preferred solution would be to get a temporary caretaker in then Erik Ten Hag in the summer. I can't think of any scenario where Ole should stay, his position is untenable.
Same, but it depends entirely on whether or not hes lost the dressing room. If he has, then he has to leave right now, but if he still has the players trust (seems unlikely based on the leaks) then it really does not make a whole lot of difference if its him or some caretaker in the dugout

OneUnited24

Longer you leave it the longer the rot sets in. I honestly can’t see us winning the next three games with him

Status
Not open for further replies.