Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos

I don't think it's that divided, most United fans want Ole gone now except for a tiny section of top reds who'd support Ole even if he relegated us.
I mean how do we gauge this?

Pretty much every United related social media post is littered with "OleOut", but social media has always been a toxic cesspit. Meanwhile the matchgoing fans continue to blast out "Ole at thewheel". So its hard to see where most fans stand.

croadyman

I can safely say if I was a regular matchgoer I wouldn't just be a sheep supporting him no matter what because doing that just doesn't sit well with me, hopefully coming up to the Brighton game in December and will not be afraid to voice my views on his unsuitability but still will cheer the team provided the performance isn't poor of course.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
At this rate, Rafa might get axed from Everton :p

Who's going to be the first to suggest Benitez replace Ole?
Some on here may do that. But if roles were reversed non of 'em scousers would be asking for our manager.
Getting at what or who ,strange one ?
Strange one? Voicing opinions to get people out of their slumber is unheard of to you? No need to take shit lying down. Social media is a powerful tool. And everyone at the club including the club itself can be made to heard the truth on various platforms.

bonothom

I can safely say if I was a regular matchgoer I wouldn't just be a sheep supporting him no matter what because doing that just doesn't sit well with me, hopefully coming up to the Brighton game in December and will not be afraid to voice my views on his unsuitability but still will cheer the team provided the performance isn't poor of course.
Hey by then United will be top and Ole will be firmly back at the wheel.

cedara

I never seen anything like it and our CEO and the MUFC board must be one of the most incompetent bunch of decision makers ever in world of sports.
How is it possible to take so many bad decisions over and over again?

If some of the media reports are true and someone close to the board, or ten time worse, a member of the board is leaking information about the clubs thought process it’s a sign of a organization without any sorts of leadership. Absolutely chocking.

After the loss against Liverpool there were only two options available.

Sack the manager with immediate effect or publicly back him long term without any hesitation. That decision should had been public not longer then 48h after the loss. Any other action will only create endless of speculations, instability and a hopeless situation for the manager in charge. Whenever he loses a game the speculations will start all over again, players will pay attention to the uncertainties and the media will have a field day.

Look what’s happening. Supporters are more divided then ever. Media makes fun of us to the extend we’re a laughingstock among the football community. Supporters from clubs all over Britain sings “Ole at the wheel”. Even Tottenham Hotspurs looks like a competent club compared to us.

We’re still less then a week after the worst loss ever against our closest rival and atm nobody knows for sure about our future short, middle or long intentions regarding our manager. Everything seems to be possible. Talk about a cluster f**k of proportions.

What’s the clubs future short term goals? Trophy’s? Are we still a club who promotes youth? How about United’s so called DNA attack attack attack with wingers?

Right now we’re nothing, just a incompetent organization without any sorts of visible leadership. The slogan “Ole at the wheel” must be the stupidest introduction line ever created.
This is a "mates" club. Our "legends" just protect their mate with their brainless words in any condition, they consider our club is their bigger version of Salford. Instead of helping our club improve or fix the issues, they scare to say something that may hurt their mate. We're gradually becoming North Korea of football world by using the word DNA, they meant it "Reign".

Just look back how they've attacked DM, LvG and JM in the past, then compare with the way they protect OGS after the lost las week n TV. Sometime, I feel that those fecking legends (except Sir) just want our club got failed so that people will always miss the glory at their times. Shame on those "Legends"

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I really do see where you guys are coming from and given how inept this board has been in the past on occasion - I don't blame you. That being said, I am trying to see this from a positive perspective. Their main issue has been how reactive they have been, there's always been a lack of planning and foresight - specifically with the managerial choices of the past few years. It would have been so easy for them to sign Conte, the fans and media get off their back for a while etc. The fact that they haven't made that decision makes me think that they are genuinely considering signing a manager who suits what they are trying to implement moving forward, someone like a Ten Hag etc. who may not be available mid season.

I could be wrong and this could just as easily be the board not knowing what the feck to do and panicking, but I just think with Ole they are purely just trying to buy as much time as they can as they determine their approach.

Either way, I don't think Ole lasts beyond this season at the latest. He's lost the faith of the fans and the media have finally started picking up on the poor performances. Unless both the results and the football improves dramatically, I don't see any of this pressure easing up for him anytime soon. Matter of when, not if, at this stage imo.

I do agree that him signing a new contract was fecking ridiculous. In fact, if you go back and read my posts, I've been suggesting he wasn't good enough quite some time ago. I personally am of the belief that he shouldn't have got the job permanently given how the performances started to drop after the honeymoon period ended nor do I believe he should have got this season given we saw no improvements to our performances. I could be wrong as feck and this is just another feck up by this board, but given how easy an out Conte would have been for this toxic situation, I'm hoping they are changing up their approach
If it was just a matter of passing on Conte but the noises that came out suggested that we were actively looking for a replacement, I would still be ok. But my impression is that the club actually genuinely believe Ole has done a close to ideal (save for actually winning anything) job bar a couple of results this season, are just hoping to ride out the current storm and keep him on at the helm, and if all really goes to hell, try to convince Rodgers (or some other British coach) to take over. There’s absolutely no cause for optimism in this scenario. And I don’t think they regarded Conte as an easy out, as Conte would have rocked the boat too much in terms of his demands and his readiness to call them out publicly.

The last remaining hope is Ten Hag who’s a massive risk himself. And the noises about our interest in him aren’t strong.

reelworld

If it was just a matter of passing on Conte but the noises that came out suggested that we were actively looking for a replacement, I would still be ok. But my impression is that the club actually genuinely believe Ole has done a close to ideal (save for actually winning anything) job bar a couple of results this season, are just hoping to ride out the current storm and keep him on at the helm, and if all really goes to hell, try to convince Rodgers (or some other British coach) to take over. There’s absolutely no cause for optimism in this scenario. And I don’t think they regarded Conte as an easy out, as Conte would have rocked the boat too much in terms of his demands and his readiness to call them out publicly.

The last remaining hope is Ten Hag who’s a massive risk himself. And the noises about our interest in him aren’t strong.
I'm fine if Conte goes to Spurs, but that's also means that we're more likely to ride this season with Ole.

For me, the idea of finishing the season trophyless again with Solskjaer, out of the title race (again!) in November is depressing. I don't even care for next season, I need to saw some improvement in current times, not next summer.

The worst part is, the rumored replacements is not even better than Conte. Could you imagine if after United throwing the season into the dumpster again and they sacked Ole, and the new guy coming in is Brendan Rodgers??

Judas

Open to offers
Totally lost interest and support of the football club after today. You just know what's going to happen now this week, lose to Atalanta and get another hammering off City and Ole's job is on the line again.

There's no future for this football club anymore, it's a game-to-game basis to see how long Ole can last
Because Spurs are hiring a manager we weren't ever going to hire?

yipthatman

Nostaligia FC Bingo: Pick 3 words/phrases.

Fergie,
DNA,
Rebuild,
Pick-ourselves-up,
Nearly,
Unlucky,
Ref,
Legend,
Match-going-fans,
Next season,
Any name with IE or Y on the end,
When we get X position sorted,
Time,
Patience,
Journey,
Process,
Biggest club in the world,
Best supporters in the world,
Loyal fans,
More time.

Ching ching, we have a winner. The Glazers

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Least they take action and don't dither around due to a club legend blinding their sentimental board and some fans too
Or…. We stuck with Ole for the time being because there was nobody better available? I don’t think Conte fits United, in the same way Jose didn’t. I still believe Ole is on borrowed time but the notion by a load on here that we’ve missed a chance by not getting Conte in is baffling to me. Sure, he was the best available, but he’s certainly not the best fit.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wasn't my point was it? I posted a tweet that was supposedly based on a podcast.....

You think it's a lie and maybe it is. The podcast is behind a paywall as far as my understanding? Though maybe I'm mistaken on that?
You said:

Takes 1 win to impress them and a impossible amount of losses to be fired.
Which is based on the tweet, which is a lie. Go look at the guys twitter.

Judas

Open to offers
Or…. We stuck with Ole for the time being because there was nobody better available? I don’t think Conte fits United, in the same way Jose didn’t. I still believe Ole is on borrowed time but the notion by a load on here that we’ve missed a chance by not getting Conte in is baffling to me. Sure, he was the best available, but he’s certainly not the best fit.
Pretty much. This place bang on about how badly run we are, but are furious we aren't jumping at the chance to hire a manager who goes against a lot of the groundwork that has been laid over the last couple of seasons. It's hilariously daft, but to be expected on SadCafe.

yipthatman

Pretty much. This place bang on about how badly run we are, but are furious we aren't jumping at the chance to hire a manager who goes against a lot of the groundwork that has been laid over the last couple of seasons. It's hilariously daft, but to be expected on SadCafe.
It should never have gotten as far as needing Conte though. There have been loads of decent managers available while Ole has been at the wheel. Its been obvious for ages that he isnt good enough.

Judas

Open to offers
It should never have gotten as far as needing Conte though. There have been loads of decent managers available while Ole has been at the wheel. Its been obvious for ages that he isnt good enough.
Yes, but that's a different conversation and not really my point. The same people who didn't want Conte when Spurs were hiring him in the summer are now crying. They don't want Conte, they just don't want Ole, fair enough, but own it. It's desperation. It's still time to go for Ole, but we need a logical choice to replace him, Conte ain't it.

wolvored

Another way to look at why Ole still in the job could be Deadwood Woodward doesn't want another sacking on his CV before he leaves and that's why Ole still in the job. Nothing to do if he's competent or not. Deadwood gave him a 3 year contract only a few months ago and doesn't want to make himself look more foolish than he already does. If we lose heavily against City, then the Glazers might order him to sack Ole, who knows?

yipthatman

Yes, but that's a different conversation and not really my point. The same people who didn't want Conte when Spurs were hiring him in the summer are now crying. They don't want Conte, they just don't want Ole, fair enough, but own it. It's desperation. It's still time to go for Ole, but we need a logical choice to replace him, Conte ain't it.
Conte would have done better until the end of the season than Ole will. This is based on past successes as evidence. Anyway, I think this conversation is a bit pointless now. Conte ain't coming and we are stuck with Ole. Desperation indeed.

Judas

Open to offers
Conte would have done better until the end of the season than Ole will. This is based on past successes as evidence. Anyway, I think this conversation is a bit pointless now. Conte ain't coming and we are stuck with Ole. Desperation indeed.
Well yeah probably? But isn't this the sort of short term planning and no foresight the board get stick for? Or are people bored of wanting to lay foundations and just want any trophy at any cost now? Fair enough, but just admit it.

None of this is me defending Ole either, I want him gone as much as everyone else, I'm just not hysterical because there's no point.

largelyworried

We have 7 months of the season left and none of the longer term options are available. So of course we have to look at things differently than if this were summer with a CL place safely in the bag.

As it happens I think Ole has stabilised things. But if it turns out that the Spurs game was a false dawn and we take another couple of beatings against City, Chelsea and/or Arsenal, then top 4 is at risk. Failing to meet that would be every bit as damaging to our long term planning.

Cloud7

Another way to look at why Ole still in the job could be Deadwood Woodward doesn't want another sacking on his CV before he leaves and that's why Ole still in the job. Nothing to do if he's competent or not. Deadwood gave him a 3 year contract only a few months ago and doesn't want to make himself look more foolish than he already does. If we lose heavily against City, then the Glazers might order him to sack Ole, who knows?
Deadward Woodward

Ralph1386

It’s basically all about ego and not about what’s best for the club.

yipthatman

Well yeah probably? But isn't this the sort of short term planning and no foresight the board get stick for? Or are people bored of wanting to lay foundations and just want any trophy at any cost now? Fair enough, but just admit it.

None of this is me defending Ole either, I want him gone as much as everyone else, I'm just not hysterical because there's no point.
'Just admit it', 'own it'. Man, it sounds like you are the hysterical one here. Just chill. The fans are rightly frustrated. Hasn't it been 3 years now?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think this is part of it, for sure.

But what he doesn't realise is that keeping him in place might actually look worse for him this time :lol:

Water Melon

Why on Earth do we think that Conte would have undone all the good work done? What do we even mean by that? We have a hugely underachieving Manchester United team under a well below par manager. Conte and Ole can not be compared at all. They are in different universes.

Ixion

Why on Earth do we think that Conte would have undone all the good work done? What do we even mean by that? We have a hugely underachieving Manchester United team under a well below par manager. Conte and Ole can not be compared at all. They are in different universes.
The good work done means 2 clean sheets in 22 games, a failed formation attempt leaving us with an unbalanced squad, and about 5-6 players on the verge of leaving.

NK86

What is that groundwork laid by Ole which would be undone? Are you talking about the inability to play coherent, good football? Or the inability to get the best out of your players? Or is it to alienate all players who aren't your favourite?

Judas

Open to offers
What is that groundwork laid by Ole which would be undone? Are you talking about the inability to play coherent, good football? Or the inability to get the best out of your players? Or is it to alienate all players who aren't your favourite?
The squad is of much better quality, obviously, still has issues though. Plenty of them. I suppose me actually liking this group after being quite indifferent to our side for the past few years is a big thing.
Again you speak out against a different manager, and you apparently love Ole :lol: textbook this place. I'm not defending Ole, I've wanted him gone for ages, he's totally out of his depth.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Either Whitwell is making it up or there's a deep malaise at this club.

Caesar2290

Most jurno's are making shit up anyways. Unless Conte comes out and says something similar(like Klopp did) I'm calling B.S. on that.

The jurnos know that our fans are like wounded animals right now. So all they have to do is put out any info that is making us look even more incompetent and the fans will jump on it.

The simplest free clicks they will ever get.

largelyworried

Most jurno's are making shit up anyways. Unless Conte comes out and says something similar(like Klopp did) I'm calling B.S. on that.

The jurnos know that our fans are like wounded animals right now. So all they have to do is put out any info that is making us look even more incompetent and the fans will jump on it.

The simplest free clicks they will ever get.
Whitwell is about as reliable as it gets to be honest.

Andersons Dietician

I’d imagine Ole is probably safe now till the end of the season as I can’t see us paying a release clause for a manager and well Conte at least made sense in that department.

laughtersassassin

You said:

Which is based on the tweet, which is a lie. Go look at the guys twitter.
No that's not a lie. It's an opinion. It's takes way less wins to earn back trust than it does losses to be sacked.

That's based on an opinion built over multiple years. Not based off a tweet.

Smores

How many results until some start crying to close this thread i wonder.

I reckon beat Atalana, Watford and Villarreal and we'll start hearing the crowing about Ole being back.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Spot on. I get that people are desperate for success and/or Ole to be sacked, but if we did go ahead and bring abord Conte, would that mean we would win the league? Hes a good manager no doubt, but hes also up against two(or three) of the best managers on the planet, who all had a lot more time to refine their teams

Biggins

Yeah, he wanted this job so much that he couldn’t wait 5 days until City game... another humiliation by City and there was a big chance for us to approach him. Could easily extend contract negotiations with Spurs for a week to see what happens after the weekend and he still decided to join Spurs within 48 hour after they sacked Nuno.

largelyworried

Spot on. I get that people are desperate for success and/or Ole to be sacked, but if we did go ahead and bring abord Conte, would that mean we would win the league? Hes a good manager no doubt, but hes also up against two(or three) of the best managers on the planet, who all had a lot more time to refine their teams
There's no guarantees either way, but I think short term Conte is more likely to win than the alternatives on offer. This isn't like Mourinho, who looked like damaged goods when he left Chelsea. Conte won the league just last season, making it 5 league titles in his last 7 seasons as a club manager.

Also, even if Conte didnt win this season (an 8 point gap is hard to turn), he would go into next season warm. A new manager in the summer would go into next season as a new face and wouldn't be expected to realistically challenge, especially if we go with Ten Haag or Potter, or some other manager stepping up for the first time. Waiting til summer could mean we're then waiting til 2023-2024 for a tilt at the title.

AneRu

Thats grim reading. The desperation for Ole to succeed is bonkers at this stage. We're Man Utd for heavens sake.
I don't believe this is true but if it is then the win against Spurs might have done more damage to our future than a loss against Liverpool. I can't believe that all it takes to impress senior figures at OT is just a single win against a side as poor as Spurs were under Nuno.

You are right that the club is just too desperate for Ole to succeed at this stage, nothing else matters, it feels like they staked a lot on him succeeding. Saturday will be viewed by historians as the day Spurs woke up from a post-Pochettino slumber whilst we sank deeper into delusional wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.