Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

If we lose to Villarreal I think its out of our hands and Ole will be fecked. Not qualifying from the group and Ronaldo playing in the Europa League and he'd be gone immediately.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

Cute PR spins but if they actually had a plan he would've been let go after Liverpool drummed us at home without breaking a sweat

Their reported ‘patience’ nonsense is transparently because they hope that it either gives them time to find someone while Ole most of the blame/public beating or that we limp to 4th with him
By all accounts they’re not even trying to find someone, so it’s really just the hope that we limp to 4th with him. Solskjaer won’t be sacked while he retains the backing of SAF and Woodward remains too cowardly to make the decision.

Laurencio

I honestly don't think Ole lasts until Christmas - the only question is who we appoint, when they can start and whether we need an interim until then. I really don't think they would hire an interim before they have their preferred man secured first though.

the_cliff

Really, would have thought he will be first out the door in Jan if Ole is still here
I think he can be convinced, If he knows Ole is leaving can see him staying, same with Martial tbh, providing Cavani and Ronaldo leave.

DVB seems like a guy who just wants to play, given promises from a new manager he'd definitely stay, Martial is more of a question mark for me.

Roboc7

The lack of briefings in support of Ole show you the club aren’t convinced and are just keeping him on until they find someone else or it gets worse. It’s quite likely we’ll get turned over by Watford but who knows whether that will be enough.

It makes the club look even more ridiculous if they put the decision off, waste an international break and then sack him if we lose to Watford.

FerociousCorgis

nothing else to be said really. Might as well just lock the thread. Going into a 3 match to supposedly save his job and play like shit 2 out of 3 games, bailed out by ronaldo in the 2nd.

And then holy hell that performance against city. Losing 2-0 isnt a shame against them. The complete and utter tactical demolishing of whatever Ole was trying to do was pathetic. It literally couldn't have been more clear that he is not a top manager.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
The lack of briefings in support of Ole show you the club aren’t convinced and are just keeping him on until they find someone else or it gets worse. It’s quite likely we’ll get turned over by Watford but who knows whether that will be enough.

It makes the club look even more ridiculous if they put the decision off, waste an international break and then sack him if we lose to Watford.
Or maybe the club knows that the fan backlash would be intense if they briefed that they still back Solskjaer, so they’re just playing a PR game till this whole thing blows over.

Teja

Realistically, Cavani, Matic, Mata and Ronaldo won't be with us long anyway. Pogba and Lingard are leaving, question marks over DVB, Bailly and Martial having not played much. We're going to need replacements, top 4 or no top 4.

Shows you the biggest myth of Ole's apparent rebuild, it's not a rebuild if you need to rebuild after 3 years.
Eh, it's just rotation fodder apart from Ronaldo / Cavani who were explicitly brought in as a short term fix to the striker problem. You can barely even count people like Matic / Mata / Lingard / VdB / Bailly in there given the amount of football they play. It's also strange to blame the club / Ole for these since everyone apart from VdB have been signed by other managers a long time ago now.

The first team is still miles better than anything we put out since Fergie and most were signed / developed by Ole. (DDG, AwB, Varane, Maguire, Shaw, McFred, Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood / Sancho, <CF>). A month of poor form doesn't erase what they've been doing for two years.

Of course we have issues like every squad does. Need a better midfield partnership, an attacking RB, a ball playing GK, a new CF etc. but no one ever gets a perfect side, you just make do with what you have and what we have in the hands of a good coach should atleast challenge for the title.

I am pretty confident in the strength of our squad. Conte could've worked his magic had he come, even Emerson fecking Royal looks like a decent wing back under him. Just need a sensible coaching appointment and we'll be fine.

Rusholme Ruffian

why would the owners be all that worried about fans? The whole super league BS is pretty much blown over. They prob just assume with ole being a club legend as a player things will prob just blow over again until end of season.
Which it will if the balloons that keep singing Ole's at the Wheel don't get it into their skulls that they are enabling the owners/board.
I think, unfortunately for us they are still of the opinion that keeping Ole to the end of the season is better than sacking him and getting in a caretaker replacement, I think the names that are available in terms of managers right now aren't significantly better than Ole in their opinion to make it worth spending the 30 mill or whatever to sack him.
I wouldn't have thought it would cost anywhere near £30 million to sack Ole - I'm sure they could negotiate a far smaller golden handshake deal in return for it being spun as "Ole handing over the baton for the next stage in the club's progression'...or some such PR shite.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I am beyond disappointed with the idiots calling the shots at my club.
It's unbelievable isn't it? How such a big organization is run by bunch of amateurs who only want to leech on past glory and have zero ambitions.

Ixion

Eh, it's just rotation fodder apart from Ronaldo / Cavani who were explicitly brought in as a short term fix to the striker problem. You can barely even count people like Matic / Mata / Lingard / VdB / Bailly in there given the amount of football they play. It's also strange to blame the club / Ole for these since everyone apart from VdB have been signed by other managers a long time ago now.
They only barely play because our manager is an idiot. Over the course of a season you need a whole squad not just 9-12 players, if our squad suddenly loses 6-7 players you need to replace them.

United Hobbit

The statement about equality and diversity just made my heart skip a beat as it looked really official and I hadn't read it in that moment. I thought it may finally be the momentous news...

Of course it wasn't how silly of me to get even momentarily excited and hopeful :mad:

Godfather

Goldbridge has changed his tune. I think just yesterday he was saying there’s no need to protest because the club was trying to tie down a replacement for Solskjaer.

A complete spoofer, and a twat on top of it.
But totally right in that instance

Resch

Ronaldo will leave United, if we fail to qualify for the CL. If that's true, Ole will be sacked soon. Ronaldo is printing money for the club and loosing money will convince the Glazers....

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Cute PR spins but if they actually had a plan he would've been let go after Liverpool drummed us at home without breaking a sweat

Their reported ‘patience’ nonsense is transparently because they hope that it either gives them time to find someone while Ole most of the blame/public beating or that we limp to 4th with him
There's only one question these cnuts need to ask each other: can this man propel us to Premier League and/or Champions League glory and take on some of the best coaches in the world?

The answer seems pretty obvious to me (and I would say the majority of United fans). The answer is no. It's not a question of whether he can improve on the absolutely dire results and performances we've seen so far this season. Because the answer to that question is probably yes - he can. We probably will pick up a bit, particualrly now that the fixures will be a little kinder to us soon (I know we have Chelsea coming up, but after that). That shouldn't be the issue though, but because the standards and expectations are in the fecking toilet all they care about is the bare minimum.

The talk about him getting more time, is in relation to him getting into 4th. That's it. There's no way they're thinking of giving him more time to rectify the situation and go on a title charge, becuase they don't give a feck about that. Or at least they don't care enough.

Withnail

Writing this season off could do irreversible damage to the club for the seasons ahead.
If the poor form carries on any longer then top 4 will be gone quite soon.

People go on about 'mathematically possible' but if we turned it round and got 2pts per game for the rest of the season we'd only make 71pts.

A few more bad results against teams we should be beating and top 4 while not mathematically impossible will be out of reach barring a ridiculous run of form.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If you're backing him then make a public statement saying you're 100% behind him you cowards. How is Ole supposed to work when he knows the board are losing confidence and waiting for one more slip up before pulling the trigger?

What you wrote is 100% correct.
By leaving Ole on the brink of being fired, there is only one way that the results will go: down.
The board are inept in how they do their work.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
My understanding is that the board do know that he is the wrong man, but they can't find a cheap replacement, who will be a "yes" man.
Conte is a winner and he won't be a "yes" man, so they passed him up.
I believe that they are trying to get Pochetino, but he is doing well for PSG, so won't come to us.
Ralf Rangnick will be a huge problem for the board, as he has strict ideas on how a club should be run. He won't be a"yes" man.

The problem is that all the winning managers out there, are not "yes" men. They are focused on winning and don't care about playing happy families. If the board start coming out with the 4th place nonsense to a winner, he'll begin to start making statements to the press (as Jose did).

I'd like us to hire a winner.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Goldbridge has changed his tune. I think just yesterday he was saying there’s no need to protest because the club was trying to tie down a replacement for Solskjaer.

A complete spoofer, and a twat on top of it.
Actually, yesterday, he believed that the board would fire Ole. That they sent him on holiday and cancelled a friendly, suggest this.
However, today, it has come to light that the board are doing everything in their power to hold onto Ole. this would explain why he is now supporting the protest against the board, over the weekend.

The worst thing will be we will beat Watford and he will be there 'we turned a corner' I am absolutely sick of this rinse and repeat crap we see under Ole.
I have serious doubts that we will be able to beat Watford. The morale is rock bottom.
In our last game, the players got schooled and treated like 5 year old boys who were playing their elder brothers and weren't letting them have the ball. There comes a point where professional pride comes into play and that would've been demoralising.

the_cliff

My understanding is that the board do know that he is the wrong man, but they can't find a cheap replacement, who will be a "yes" man.
Conte is a winner and he won't be a "yes" man, so they passed him up.
I believe that they are trying to get Pochetino, but he is doing well for PSG, so won't come to us.
Ralf Rangnick will be a huge problem for the board, as he has strict ideas on how a club should be run. He won't be a"yes" man.

The problem is that all the winning managers out there, are not "yes" men. They are focused on winning and don't care about playing happy families. If the board start coming out with the 4th place nonsense to a winner, he'll begin to start making statements to the press (as Jose did).

I'd like us to hire a winner.
The problem is the only managers that will be able to take down a Klopp, Tuchel, Pep and Conte are not 'Yes' men, so we're stuck in an eternal struggle for top 4.

pascell

Rogers? Feck me this club is glutton for punishment. There's is absolutely no way Ronaldo, Varane, Bruno etc take instructions from that guy. Hire him and they'll down tools within the 2nd season, guaranteed.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Honestly, now I'm praying that Ole proves me wrong and goes and wins a big trophy this season. I can't be having Rodgers. No way.
Some people actually believed in Ole.
Now....most don't.
Ole and Guardiola went into management at roughly the same time. Pep went on to win many trophies with different clubs. Ole went on to win no major trophies.
If you seriously think or thought that Ole could win a trophy, I have some magic beans that I am selling for £10000, but for you, I'll do them half price. ;)

Robbie Boy

Some people actually believed in Ole.
Now....most don't.
Ole and Guardiola went into management at roughly the same time. Pep went on to win many trophies with different clubs. Ole went on to win no major trophies.
If you seriously think or thought that Ole could win a trophy, I have some magic beans that I am selling for £10000, but for you, I'll do them half price. ;)
:lol:

Abhinav

He's honestly 10x the manager Ole is. At least we'd enjoy our football. Don't let this season fool you or even the run in last season, Leicester have been decimated by injuries.
While Rodgers is a much better manager, he won’t win against the likes of Pep, Tuchel & Klopp. He would come in, get us to finish in the Top 4, and maybe win a cup or two. Our board would be happy with that, we have already seen that. I don’t know about you, but that scenario seems scary to me.

Teja

Yeah what is it they have done for two years? Please elaborate
There's no point even arguing if we're starting this far apart. I think Maguire, AwB, Shaw, Bruno, Rashford, Sancho and yes even Fred are good players with their own set of strengths and weaknesses.

Just wait until we hit some form under Ole / new manager to reevaluate. I'm pretty sure regardless of who's in charge we'll improve significantly between now and March given our "easy" fixtures.

They only barely play because our manager is an idiot. Over the course of a season you need a whole squad not just 9-12 players, if our squad suddenly loses 6-7 players you need to replace them.
Well.. yeah, but I was responding to the statement that the rebuild is bad because Bailly, Matic, Mata, VdB etc. are leaving. I don't think that makes sense.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
While Rodgers is a much better manager, he won’t win against the likes of Pep, Tuchel & Klopp. He would come in, get us to finish in the Top 4, and maybe win a cup or two. Our board would be happy with that, we have already seen that. I don’t know about you, but that scenario seems scary to me.
They sacked LVG for exactly this.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Absolutely, but the thing is I feel like Rodgers would suffer the same fate as LVG, Moyes and Jose pretty quickly if things didn't go well. I can live with that, especially over unsackable Ole who I have no hope with.

If Rodgers fails to challenge next season, sack him. If a really good manager comes along and we want him, sack Rodgers. Just act like a fecking big club, but absolutely don't do nothing and stand by a manager who has never shown he's even remotely near good enough and his football is boring to go with it. That I can't live with.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
And then holy hell that performance against city. Losing 2-0 isnt a shame against them. The complete and utter tactical demolishing of whatever Ole was trying to do was pathetic. It literally couldn't have been more clear that he is not a top manager.
That game was an embarrassment. Ole and his coaches literally had no idea how to stop Pep.
In the 2nd half when the MCFC players were holding onto the ball, Ole and his coaches were sitting with puzzled looks on their faces not knowing how to deal with MCFC. They literally had no ideas. Not one....well except for throwing on DVDB in the last 10 minutes.
Tactically, our coaches and Ole are next to useless, relying on buying expensive Galacticos and hoping that those players will use their natural ability to win games.

If Rodgers fails to challenge next season, sack him. If a really good manager comes along and we want him, sack Rodgers. Just act like a fecking big club, but absolutely don't do nothing and stand by a manager who has never shown he's even remotely near good enough and his football is boring to go with it. That I can't live with.
Agreed 100%.
Nothing wrong with sacking a manager for poor performance. All the top clubs do this.
Ole, however, seems to be unsackable, no matter how low he takes us.

Abhinav

They sacked LVG for exactly this.
Erm, not really. He was sacked for finishing outside the Top 4. If you think we are sacking a manager that finishes in the CL places/ qualifies for CL you have not been following us that closely.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Reckon Ole knows he is done. He is now in the Jose position of wanting to get the boot before he triggers his Champion's League sack discount.

the_cliff

Absolutely, but the thing is I feel like Rodgers would suffer the same fate as LVG, Moyes and Jose pretty quickly if things didn't go well. I can live with that, especially over unsackable Ole who I have no hope with.

Yes, that's my exact thinking, that's why I'm really not bothered who the next manager is. As none of our fans or board will have as much patience with the next manager.

Just do the deed, sack him and bring anyone in, could literally be Emery I don't care.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yes, that's my exact thinking, that's why I'm really not bothered who the next manager is. As none of our fans or board will have as much patience with the next manager.

Just do the deed, sack him and bring anyone in, could literally be Emery I don't care.
I'm at that stage. I'd genuinely be excited to just see a well coached version of this team, whether that's defensively or offensively.

Emery doesn't get turned over like that by City or Liverpool. Not with this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.