Ole's press conference vs Spurs

Dante

Average bang
Toughest week in the job?
It's been a difficult week, of course, we've had to deal with the result and performance against Liverpool which we know wasn't good enough and that's something that footballers have to deal with, that's why we're in this game, you have to look forward to the next game, make sure you're ready. And when you get to that next game sort it out and challenge the problems. We've had a good week on the training field.

Dante

Average bang
How are the players?
"We definitely need a reaction and it's my job as well to put the players in the right frame of mind. I'm responsible for the reaction, the result, the performance. We've worked on the pitch, worked on everything that needs to be sorted for a footballer. It's not just frame of mind, it's the approach strategy, gameplan, tactics, technically, we've had a good week and I feel the boys are ready to give their best as they always do. The performance, nothing went to plan and that was nowhere near our best."

Dante

Average bang
Did you speak to him (Sir Alex Ferguson), and can you survive your position like he did in the early days?

"Yes, on both accounts, if that's short and sweet. Joking apart, we had a commercial day, Sir Alex came for some commercial stuff. We spoke for a brief moment because he was in there with Cristiano. I've been through some very bad moments as a player here and when I've been a manager. I've dealt with setbacks, there have been two or three crises at least since I became manager here and one thing I can say is I'll always give it a good shot and fight back."

Dante

Average bang
How has the week been personally?
"I think it affects everyone around, I spoke about it last week, I think Mikel Arteta said something about what we have to deal with as managers in high profile situations and that's what we've got used to. I'm as focused as ever. I've had players come up to me.

"For example I don't read social media but when Paul came up to me, angry. We expect to be criticised, hands up, the performance wasn't good enough, we don't expect, we can't accept when lies are made up. Paul told me what he put up on his social media. We're better than that as a group - the culture, environment is better, we can't stand for blatant lies. They've gotta stand up and say so. All the opinions and reports, fine, but don't make up lies about players or me."

Dante

Average bang
How much of what you read the press is true?
"I think I've just answered that. The players come in, proper professionals, come in, good people, do their best. We have an environment in and around the place, loads of respect for each other. When you come in for criticism like you do, you come into the trenches with your teammates. That's the reaction I've seen this seen, whatever this club has been through before, it's always about getting through with courage, togetherness, self-belief, sticking together and this group has done."

Dante

Average bang
Home truths this week?
"Of course, you have to hold hands up and that performance is not acceptable, and we have to look at why it was not acceptable and why it went as it did. I use the analogy: it felt like we were a boxer being punch drunk, knocked down in the first four minutes or in the first round. We had a chance, we conceded a goal, we wanted to sort it out, and went a bit too open and too frantic against a good team.

"You see Tyson Fury when he gets knocked down a couple of times, it's remarkable how calm and composed he is ont he floor, counts to six, seven, eight and he gets up and goes again. We got up too early and tried to sort it. Minds have to be better but we've had to look at different things as well, the communication has to be direct."

Dante

Average bang
Team news
"Paul is suspended but apart from that it's a fully fit squad which is a very strange position to be in, to have 25 outfield players and five keepers this week. All fit."

Giggsyking

Resign, respect less and shameless, taking about looking forward for next game with no dignity whatsoever.

Sviken

Might as well caress him with a feather while they were at it. Some "journalists". Glazers lapdogs.

Real Name

Excellent presser.

Doesnt seem as fresh and joyful as in previous ones though.

I dont even know why was this presser so anticipated. What should have he said, oh I'll probably get the sack in 3 games, I'm a crap manager and I'm resigning at this moment. Cheers.

Superden

didnt seem to be under any pressure at all. similar to the rest of the club. just coasting along.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Welcome to the worlds most pointless press conference.

Anything Ole says from this point will get ripped to shreds and taken out of context by the vultures in the media and his own fanbase. There is nothing he can say that will please anyone, he's a sheep among the wolves.

Superden

also, we didnt get battered by liverpool because we were a punch drunk boxer, we got battered because we didnt know how to throw a punch, and were too busy tripping over our own shoelaces.

FatTails

How is everyone feeling by the way? Did you all have a good week? How is the family? I know that last week was disappointing, but are you hoping that things will be better in the future?

That’s it from me. You do take care now, dear.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Smiling, laughing, business as usual eh lads. Just another week. Same old shite

Giggsyking

Excellent presser.

Doesnt seem as fresh and joyful as in previous ones though.

I dont even know why was this presser so anticipated. What should have he said, oh I'll probably get the sack in 3 games, I'm a crap manager and I'm resigning at this moment. Cheers.
Everything that comes from his mouth that is not "I resign" is shit.

Teja

I think he managed it just fine, could've gone a lot worse.

At this point what we should want as fans is to get a couple of results to salvage the season and to give the next manager something to work with. We should go to the CL knockouts first and then we should Win against spurs and at least draw against City.

I think both can be done if we just abandon this braindead pressing system.

GlasgowCeltic

You can knock his answers I guess but some of the questions the media come up with are dreadful

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I know its hard to be a football journalist. I know you run the risk of being done by the club if you go in two footed. However, for there to be NO questions on tactics is pathetic.

You do not have to call Ole names or imply he is getting it wrong. Why not say: 'You have had success in the past against Spurs, defending deep and hitting them on the counter. Especially through Marcus Rashford. With Rashford fully fit is that an approach we might expect tomorrow?'

There you can give him an out, while inviting him to talk about the merits of counterattacking against the kamikaze approach we saw last Sunday?

Instead all we got was: How do you feel Ole? Are you alright? :rolleyes:

LJJT

Thought he handled all that lot really well, it went a lot better than I expected. Fully fit squad is hopefully telling- no one hiding. Sounding positive for Saturday

Pearl.Jam

Can’t even get angry about it anymore, just resigned myself to the fact he ain’t going nowhere and neither is the club

el3mel

The fact that I'm going to see him managing us again tomorrow hurts my eyes enough. I'm not interested in watching his pressers.

The Oracle

Oh well, after that press conference, at least we can look forward to the match commentary tomorrow:

"Such a fascinating, tactical fight. This really is one for the purists. So techinical"
(Just 30 seconds after the match has started and it is still 0-0)

"And he goes down faster than a plate of Alabama barbeque!"
(When McTominay ‘slaps’ Son)

“He isn’t getting up from that”
(After Son hits the deck)

“Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches”
(After Son turns over and over on the grass)

“Scrambled his senses”
(Affect on Maguire after Kane feigns to turn one way)

“Well, that was really below the belt”
(After Maguire surprisingly blocks a shot... in an unorthodox way)

“Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee”
(Any corner that is floated to our 6-yard box that Tottenham get on the end of, after the refusal of De Gea to move off his line)

HailtotheKing

Did you speak to him (Sir Alex Ferguson), and can you survive your position like he did in the early days?
I've dealt with setbacks, there have been two or three crises at least since I became manager here and one thing I can say is I'll always give it a good shot and fight back."

Am I the only one that thinks that if he's the right man, there probably shouldn't have been 2 or 3 crises in under 3 years?

Last edited:

Superden

I think he managed it just fine, could've gone a lot worse.

At this point what we should want as fans is to get a couple of results to salvage the season and to give the next manager something to work with. We should go to the CL knockouts first and then we should Win against spurs and at least draw against City.

I think both can be done if we just abandon this braindead pressing system.
im not sure the two things go together.

come kickoff i want us to win 100%, its just if we dont, ill be nowhere near as disappointed as before, certainly not in the last 20 years. its all just meh, regardless of what happens with the manager.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
I hope this would be his last presser for us, he's a fraud, never want us to lose a game but i feel losing this is the only way he gets the boost out.