Ole's Squad Management

buckooo1978

Agree with most of your assessment. What (will) happen in Germany is another matter because this is only 2 games. What matters is what about the new season? Do we expect Bruno to play 50 games a season? I saw Bruno playing in FA, Europa games, can we structure our tactics without relying too much on 1 player? How about rotating between Bruno and Pogba? I don't have any answer, but Ole better comes up with Plan B and C, because Bruno (or Martial or Matic) don't seem to be able to feature 2 games a week on a consistent basic.
agreed

we should 100% be bringing in players to rotate - next year will be worse for fatigue than this one

We should be signing 4 or 5 players - instead players like Lingard, Mata and Pereira will be unsellable so we will find ourselves in the same position we are now.

a fatigued but brilliant Bruno or a substandard player. fatigued players get injured.

There's talk of Grealish but would the Glazers spend the money necessary? I doubt it.

A couple of players crossed my mind the last few days. Banega is off to Saudi Arabia I think and he might have been a good short term option. Erickson hasn't been used much at Inter. Could we have had a pop for him as a squad option with Sanchez going there? Juve apparently want to move Aaron Ramsey on - I think he's on crazy wages.

Just a few thoughts but it is clear we need quality and quantity added to this team and squad.

150 million isn't going to cut it if we sign Sancho unless we get very creative and pay it over 3 or 4 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Ole said earlier that Bruno (and Harry for that matter) wants to play all the time. So he plays him all the time. Even in a match where we were through (2nd leg against Sociedad). But yesterday Ole realised Bruno needs a rest and even though he always wants to play, sometimes the manager needs to make that decision. Those lessons are being learned quite slowly. Hope it's registered now though.