Omar Abdulrahman

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
What ever happened to this lad? Immensely talented #10 with bags of skill and raw ability as well as being able to pick out a pass. Technically gifted player who first burst on to the scene at a U20 tournament I reckon. He is playing his trade on loan at Al Hilal in the Saudi league now, does anyone know how we has played in a more competitive league compared to the UAE? I know the team itself is on fire they are led by former Sporting an Benfica coach Jorge Jesus.

Also why has he not tested his skills in Europe ? He surely has the talent for it and I see him slotting in perfectly at a club like Ajax.

NYAS

He’s paid too well here in the Gulf. That’s the long and short of it.

SportingCP96

Supports
He’s paid too well here in the Gulf. That’s the long and short of it.
He won't leave just because of the money ? He is young and had plenty of time to make money. Thats a shame because he has lots of talent. Do you think he could have or could now make it in Europe ?

Raven

Never heard of him before, but reminds me of Ronaldinho with his style.

NYAS

He won't leave just because of the money ? He is young and had plenty of time to make money. Thats a shame because he has lots of talent. Do you think he could have or could now make it in Europe ?
You have to keep in mind that Omar and his brothers who play in the Emirati league don’t come from the typically comfortable Emirati family. They are originally from Yemen and were not very well-off and struggled financially. They chose to reside in the UAE when the boys were very young after Saudi refused to grant them citizenship but the UAE did. They value the stability and comfort of that life greatly because of those circumstances.

He could definitely make it somewhere in Europe if he had the drive. I’d say if he could move to a mid-table La Liga side first, like Celta/Espanyol/Sociedad, he’d have absolutely no trouble making his mark. But he needs to leave very soon if that’s going to happen. I think he’s in the Gulf for good.

SportingCP96

Supports
You have to keep in mind that Omar and his brothers who play in the Emirati league don’t come from the typically comfortable Emirati family. They are originally from Yemen and were not very well-off and struggled financially. They chose to reside in the UAE when the boys were very young after Saudi refused to grant them citizenship but the UAE did. They value the stability and comfort of that life greatly because of those circumstances.

He could definitely make it somewhere in Europe if he had the drive. I’d say if he could move to a mid-table La Liga side first, like Celta/Espanyol/Sociedad, he’d have absolutely no trouble making his mark. But he needs to leave very soon if that’s going to happen. I think he’s in the Gulf for good.
I did not know that thank you for the insight, so question why did he leave the UAE to join Al Hilal? I read somewhere they paid 15M alone just to loan him. What made that deal happen?

And dam its a shame because he is very talented.

NYAS

I did not know that thank you for the insight, so question why did he leave the UAE to join Al Hilal? I read somewhere they paid 15M alone just to loan him. What made that deal happen?

And dam its a shame because he is very talented.
It’s a bit like Pogba coming back. He was born in Riyadh and he had never played in the Saudi League before. Him coming back to play for the biggest club in Saudi was always going to happen. There was always the desire from both sides.

SportingCP96

Supports
It’s a bit like Pogba coming back. He was born in Riyadh and he had never played in the Saudi League before. Him coming back to play for the biggest club in Saudi was always going to happen. There was always the desire from both sides.
Do you think he will move to Al Hilal permanently ? or is that just not possible?

Also sorry for all the questions I am just actually interested :D

el3mel

Wow so he is out for the season then. Such a shame.

How was he doing before that ?
He got the ACL since Oct, so that means yeah this whole season is a lost for him. He has been doing well before it but he's 27 now, don't know he'll come out of this injury as these kinds of players depend on their agility a lot.

NYAS

Do you think he will move to Al Hilal permanently ? or is that just not possible?

Also sorry for all the questions I am just actually interested :D
It’s possible. But he will retire at Al-Ain for sure.

SportingCP96

Supports
He got the ACL since Oct, so that means yeah this whole season is a lost for him. He has been doing well before it but he's 27 now, don't know he'll come out of this injury as these kinds of players depend on their agility a lot.
That truly is a shame is their another player coming up from one of those leagues that is similar ?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Most overrated player on earth. Hasn’t been good for Hilal when he has played, almost cost them points in the first few games with missed chances/easy passes.
Gets paid a fortune in Asia and wouldn’t get anywhere near the same amount in Europe.

kthanksbye

Some nice stories about him when UAE played against Uruguay and Wales in the Olympics, remember an absolutely filthy pass he played against Uruguay. Through ball from near half line.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
North African and Arab players very often have magic feet but sub-par physical traits ( for the top level ).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Would like to see United Arab Emirates make the next World cup. Maybe they'll have to wait until 46 team world cup as Qatar get auto spot for next one so even tougher than usual to qualify from Asia.

I watched a few of their qualifiers in the last one and he scored a magnificent FK v Japan I think, they were looking good to qualify at one stage but were in a tough group with Japan, Saudi and Australia.

That's probably his best way of making a mark on the wider world. Would be like the 80s again when unknown good players were discovered in World cups.

SportingCP96

Supports
According to wiki City wanted to sign him some years ago after a trial but couldn’t get a work permit.
Apparently Nice were close to signing him as well but Al Ain higher ups made it fall thru but from Omar's camp they were very much interested.

SportingCP96

Supports
Some nice stories about him when UAE played against Uruguay and Wales in the Olympics, remember an absolutely filthy pass he played against Uruguay. Through ball from near half line.

The pass at 1:34 I'm guessing?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
North African and Arab players very often have magic feet but sub-par physical traits ( for the top level ).
Plenty of North Africans playing top level football in Europe. A lot of them don't represent North African countries but still.
You can't really group the two together as they are physically different. I do agree that players from the middle east aren't as physically gifted though. It's like we're built for sports like wrestling, weight lifting and such.

kthanksbye

The pass at 1:34 I'm guessing?
Yes, that one.
Even that pass aside, he had a really good game. Quick thinker with his passing. Really enjoy watching him play.

If I remember correctly, Arsenal wanted him to come for a trial and ybe Al Ain manager refused to send him saying there's enough footage of him for Arsenal to make an offer.

Culero

He gets the same wage in the UAE as an elite player in Europe would get, circa 150k a week. Couple that with external pressures to keep him in the Gulf as a poster boy for their football and as gratitude for giving him and his extended family wealth and stability it's no wonder he will probably never leave.

SportingCP96

Supports
He gets the same wage in the UAE as an elite player in Europe would get, circa 150k a week. Couple that with external pressures to keep him in the Gulf as a poster boy for their football and as gratitude for giving him and his extended family wealth and stability it's no wonder he will probably never leave.
A player like this in the right team and system would be a gem. Imagine his natural raw talent being harnessed by a club like Ajax for example at the age of 20-23. I can only imagine how he would have developed.

Saying that though I can sort of understand he is the poster boy and like you said gets payed like one of the elite in Europe coupled with the fact he "owes" Al Ain everything. Still I feel the club should have pushed and encouraged a talent like him to Europe.

Culero

A player like this in the right team and system would be a gem. Imagine his natural raw talent being harnessed by a club like Ajax for example at the age of 20-23. I can only imagine how he would have developed.

Saying that though I can sort of understand he is the poster boy and like you said gets payed like one of the elite in Europe coupled with the fact he "owes" Al Ain everything. Still I feel the club should have pushed and encouraged a talent like him to Europe.
True, albeit they have left it too late.