On a scale of 1-10, how optimistic are you feeling about the rest of the season?

Well?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheReligion

Abusive
Some people require something other than blind faith before they feel optimistic, others it seems do not.
You're being dramatic again.

People are allowed to be cautiously optimistic based on the change and the early signs today.

That's not blind faith. It's supporting the club.

Abraxas

Quite optimistic we can get into the top 4. We have a shot at the cup, but no more so than quite a few teams.

I'm not getting too carried away, even if RR does exceptionally there is a certain realism required surrounding how far behind we are. I'm looking for us to improve and to reach 4th as a minimum.

The Irish Connection

My expectations are low other than implementing the press well for the next manager. If we can build from there and add a couple players we’ll challenge.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
4 points if Spurs win their game in hand. I think we're favourites for sure but it won't be easy. I'm not really worried about Arsenal and I do think it's only a matter of time till West Ham drop off. Spurs are the problem for me, especially if Conte gets 100m in the winter transfer window.
Spurs would be the one I'd be looking at too but after watching them down tools to get Nuno sacked I'd have to question their mentality especially with Kane looking like he'd prefer to be elsewhere. 1 goal in 14 PL appearances doesn't make for good reading for them to really push on.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
You're being dramatic again.

People are allowed to be cautiously optimistic based on the change and the early signs today.

That's not blind faith. It's supporting the club.
You're fully allowed to be optimistic. Just as other people are allowed to not be. I'm not the one being dramatic here.

lexisonfire

Supports
Dortmund
Spurs would be the one I'd be looking at too but after watching them down tools to get Nuno sacked I'd have to question their mentality especially with Kane looking like he'd prefer to be elsewhere. 1 goal in 14 PL appearances doesn't make for good reading for them to really push on.
Get the feeling Kane's lowkey trying to push for a January transfer.

TheReligion

Abusive
You're fully allowed to be optimistic. Just as other people are allowed to not be. I'm not the one being dramatic here.
I think if you can't be a bit optimistic given the club has a new manager and direction then I don't think there's much hope for you to be honest.

The Caf is full of negative individuals. It gets pretty draining.

DavelinaJolie

6. Hopeful Rangnick can get more out of the players and get players that have stagnated, like Rashford, to kick on by imparting knowledge. Think anything higher than 4 and maybe a bit of a cup run is not likely, too big a hole has been dug.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think if you can't be a bit optimistic given the club has a new manager and direction then I don't think there's much hope for you to be honest.

The Caf is full of negative individuals. It gets pretty draining.
For the first time since SAF retired I'm finally feeling the optimism. Have to say it's a great feeling. Makes for a nice change.

I’m optimistic short term but then not optimistic long term because of our board. Imagine if RR completely revolutionises our football by the end of May, obviously he and our players won’t have mastered it by then.. but from a footballing sense it becomes obvious that this manager and team are onto something and in 1-2 seasons will be serious challengers.

But our board, will think it will be reactive like with Ole if they give it to him full time… so go all out for Poch.

Bertie Wooster

Gone with 4-7.

If it's about winning a trophy then I'd go low, as it's only the FA Cup that's realistic (and I'd be ecstatic with winning that, tbh, and building from there).

But in regards of optimism for improved performances, results and consistency, and getting into the top 4 (well, 4th), then I'd go high with a 7.

Eli Zee

i think he'll do what Tuchel did last year with chelsea except probably not very realistic to think he'd win CL. But I'm optimistic we get top 4 and have some good showings in the CL and do decent

lex talionis

Optimistic about what?

Finishing in the top four…10.
Making the QF in the CL…6.

I’m really thinking more about next season now, when a proper PL title challenge has to waged. Impossible to say how right now whether that’s achievable.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Changed to 8/10 after watching us play for first game under Rangnick.

Our chance for PL is long gone as we are too far behind under Ole. But top 4 finish is still up for grabs, and who knows he may even win us a cup too.

A Civilized Reader

It was 10 before the match against Palace.

It is still 10 now.

And hopefully it will keep that way for a long time :D

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Probably something like an 8. I don't think we'll win a trophy, but we should be able to make a push for the FA Cup and CL. The squad is very good. We have to get 4th. We finally have a coach who will coach a pressing system for us, so I think it'll be a fun half year... but it's only half a year, so I don't see us being able to do enough to do a Chelsea type change (also because Rangnick isn't Tuchel level, even if he is very good himself). Our squad is also far less rounded than Chelsea's. We'll see though. Come february/March, I might be thinking we can actually put up a fight.

Nordmore

Probably something like an 8. I don't think we'll win a trophy, but we should be able to make a push for the FA Cup and CL. The squad is very good. We have to get 4th. We finally have a coach who will coach a pressing system for us, so I think it'll be a fun half year... but it's only half a year, so I don't see us being able to do enough to do a Chelsea type change (also because Rangnick isn't Tuchel level, even if he is very good himself). Our squad is also far less rounded than Chelsea's. We'll see though. Come february/March, I might be thinking we can actually put up a fight.
For that at least a very good DM is required in Jan imo. To win the CL with our current midfield is basically impossible for any coach I think.

weizxx

8. We have the best squad in the league. With a proper manager we can lead the league. Now we have one. Though it needs time, so it is 8.

lee82gx

It was 4 at season kick off, negative soon afterwards and now its back up to 5.

I would say we still have a very weak defence, and a lot of organizing around that needs to be done. I have so little faith in Maguire its not even funny when I see him start with the armband. Win over CP glosses over that by implementing severe pressing and choke on a deep defending team, plus the fact that we couldn't even finish well or create clear cut chances.

A top 4 finish is a small miracle if Herr Rangnick can deliver it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I would go between a 7 and a 8 but as that isn't an option I'm going on the side of optimism and opt for an 8. Second best squad in the league plus a manager who knows what he's doing? Why wouldn't I?

Flexdegea

It was 4 at season kick off, negative soon afterwards and now its back up to 5.

I would say we still have a very weak defence, and a lot of organizing around that needs to be done. I have so little faith in Maguire its not even funny when I see him start with the armband. Win over CP glosses over that by implementing severe pressing and choke on a deep defending team, plus the fact that we couldn't even finish well or create clear cut chances.

A top 4 finish is a small miracle if Herr Rangnick can deliver it.

Not sure if serious.

Baffled people think finishing top 4 is beyond us this season. Their is nothing in it, I'm actually expecting to be about 4th after the Christmas period.

It's basically spurs and westham. Spurs been terrible this season and they right on westham who apparently been excellent this season.

LennartsParadis

Only one game, don’t want to get carried away. But it was damn refreshing seeing an actual team. A team with an idea on how to play, in defence, transition and attack.
Im certainly believing a top4 finish is possible. But most importantly I want the team to continue progression.

I’d rather see us improving our actual play, than fluking wins. We just cant go on relying on individual brilliance. We need a team, from there you can build. Id hate to see us act quickly and dismiss better performances, which might give less results (in the beginning). When we had an abundance of patience for absolute shite performances & fluke wins.

lee82gx

Not sure if serious.

Baffled people think finishing top 4 is beyond us this season. Their is nothing in it, I'm actually expecting to be about 4th after the Christmas period.

It's basically spurs and westham. Spurs been terrible this season and they right on westham who apparently been excellent this season.
I'm dead serious. And we do get there, I would say good on Rangnick, but shame on us for sticking with Ole. And it would have been called a poor, poor season.

SuperiorXI

I went with 3 simply because of how far away we are from the top sides. We're going to have to go on a big run hoping they drop points to get anywhere near the top which is where the club should be. I'm not happy with anything below 1st, it's just Arsenal mentality.

It's a 3 because we are still in the FA Cup and Champions League. We're more suited to cup competitions right now so have a chance in those... more chance for the former for sure, the latter a very small chance.

RedIan

West Ham will fade imo, Spurs a different proposition under conte but hey we have RR and the better squad. 4th spot has to be very doable. FA cup would be nice..

r0663664

Worships Man City
I will be satisfied with top 4 and reaching quarters of the champion league. Looking at how bad Ole utilise the players with the right manager, we are likely 3-5 off top of the tables. Ole is such a bad manager preferring to his usual players, he doesn't play players base on the their strength and fail to use the squad properly. I hope RR start to influence the player that performance over reputation. No matter how big you think you are, if you don't perform then you better prepare to sit on the bench. Once Cavani is back, I will take Cavani over Rashford any day. Rashford can come when the defence gets tire.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I'm dead serious. And we do get there, I would say good on Rangnick, but shame on us for sticking with Ole. And it would have been called a poor, poor season.
We all know that this club has been making wrong decisions for a long time. Not just with the previous manager. What could have been is history now. What matters is what can be. Let's focus on that.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Rangnick talks a good game but I won't truly be optimistic until I see it being implemented on the pitch. Still, it's a much needed change so that's why I'm half and half.
I think I gave one of the lower scores and I was still too optimistic!