One question quiz.

EtH

Yes, in Clayton. Was across the road from City's current stadium, I think Asda is built on the old site, or it's just behind it.
Yeah I read up on it and North Road years ago. The ground was expanded massively in our fifteen or so years there but is now a heap of rubble from what I understand due to serious storm damage ?

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah I read up on it and North Road years ago. The ground was expanded massively in our fifteen or so years there but is now a heap of rubble from what I understand due to serious storm damage ?

I think they've built the Velodrome on that site. Like you I love the history of United, imagine United playing at North Road never mind in Clayton now. So close to Moston, Collyhurst and Harpurhey!

EtH

I think they've built the Velodrome on that site. Like you I love the history of United, imagine United playing at North Road never mind in Clayton now. So close to Moston, Collyhurst and Harpurhey!
Ah that makes sense. Yes I love the nostalgia of old storied clubs. The meteoric rise of our club built on youth and attacking football was surely something to see over the years. Football has progressed so much but at the same time I am jealous of those who were there to see it. Dead as they may be.

Spoony

The People's President
Ah that makes sense. Yes I love the nostalgia of old storied clubs. The meteoric rise of our club built on youth and attacking football was surely something to see over the years. Football has progressed so much but at the same time I am jealous of those who were there to see it. Dead as they may be.
Which is the United Way despite it getting called a myth. It was Sir Matt who created the United Way. Sir Alex continued it - he said it. But it's all bullshit apparently because we want to be Chelsea.

EtH

Which is the United Way despite it getting called a myth. It was Sir Matt who created the United Way. Sir Alex continued it - he said it. But it's all bullshit apparently because we want to be Chelsea.
Yeah we are far away from the United way right now though unfortunately. Most disappointing aspect of Ole’s tenure for me. Think Ten Hag could get us back on track in that regard.

Revaulx

Extensive research carried out on the National Library of Scotland historic maps website has enabled me to confirm that the Bank Street ground was where the National BMX Arena now stands: the square building attached to the east side of the Velodrome with weird looking sloping pylons supporting the roof.

Spoony

The People's President
Extensive research carried out on the National Library of Scotland historic maps website has enabled me to confirm that the Bank Street ground was where the National BMX Arena now stands: the square building attached to the east side of the Velodrome with weird looking sloping pylons supporting the roof.
Ahhh cheers fella.

Revaulx

Looks like it was demolished after the move to OT in 1910 and the site was left derelict until the BMX place was built a century later.

I can’t find any photos, but it was off to the left of this photo, facing these houses on Bank Street. The photo was taken in 1963, just before these houses and thousands like them were swept away in the name of “slum clearance”.

Edit: from https://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php. Anyone interested in Manchester and its (recentish) history will find it easy to waste days on end exploring it :)

Spoony

The People's President

Looks like it was demolished after the move to OT in 1910 and the site was left derelict until the BMX place was built a century later.

I can’t find any photos, but it was off to the left of this photo, facing these houses on Bank Street. The photo was taken in 1963, just before these houses and thousands like them were swept away in the name of “slum clearance”.

Edit: from https://images.manchester.gov.uk/index.php. Anyone interested in Manchester and its (recentish) history will find it easy to waste days on end exploring it :)
Thanks for the link.