One United membership packs 11/12

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Nope. Not even got an email about it being sent yet! There was a big enough delay last year if I remember correctly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Not had mine yet, or an email to say it's been sent.

My confirmation email for Arsenal tickets says tickets will be dispatched a week before the game so I don't think the membership cards are being used. Yet.

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Spoke to ticket office couple of days ago and they confirmed cards are still on trial in the East stand only. Paper tickets everywhere else. Also asked about viagogo and told no other resale option was planned 'at present'. How long does it take our club to organise anything?

IanDangerously

Mine just turned up. Usual sort of stuff really.

Doesn't say anything about using the card for tickets...
Got mine, is it me or are they a heck of a lot smaller and more sensibly packed than the old ONEUNITED membership packages used to be?! :lol:

I doubt the card could be used at the turnstile access point because it doesnt have the little square bit where you scan it in, just a massive barcode all the way along the bottom.

scream

It's the bar code that's used to gain access.

I'm using mine on Monday so I'll let you know but my letter giving me details about using the card for access says you use the barcode.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Its just the same as using a paper ticket, scan in the barcode as you would with the ticket. Obviously different to using the ST chip swipe machines but does make sense.

GledTheRed

Got mine last week, Arsenal ticket secured. Fingers crossed for the Chavs game too.

Can't make Spurs game, im only fecking working!!

IanDangerously

Its just the same as using a paper ticket, scan in the barcode as you would with the ticket. Obviously different to using the ST chip swipe machines but does make sense.
Ah I see, I thought with the barcode being lengthways across the card it wouldnt be able to read it cos it would have to go in end-first like every other card reader in the world surely? I dont get how it works, the barcode is printed the other way around on the tickets.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Ah I see, I thought with the barcode being lengthways across the card it wouldnt be able to read it cos it would have to go in end-first like every other card reader in the world surely? I dont get how it works, the barcode is printed the other way around on the tickets.
It isn't a card reader mate, it's the same scanner they use for paper tickets. I haven't got the new card yet, but I'm assuming its the same as last year meaning you just pop the card under the scanner and wait for the light to go green/amber.

Sir A1ex

But when you think about it the card is about (exactly?) the same length as the width of a ticket, so I guess you stick it in sideways?

It isn't a card reader mate, it's the same scanner they use for paper tickets. I haven't got the new card yet, but I'm assuming its the same as last year meaning you just pop the card under the scanner and wait for the light to go green/amber.
Oh. Eh? I only got paper tickets last season