Ones to Watch (2021/22 edition)

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
A thread for folk to make their bold claims and predictions of which players are really going to mark their mark this season. Thinking primarily (but doesn’t have to be) in the Premier League.

Which youngsters, promoted players or under-the-radar signings do you think will have a big impact this season?

A few from me;

Bryan Mbeumo - Brentford
Young, attacking midfielder/winger (who also looks to be used as a backup striker). Should feature against Arsenal tonight in a Brentford team that has promised to go on the attack. Toney has of course got all the plaudits and expectation, but Mbeumo could be one of the dark horses in that team.

Harvey Elliott - Liverpool
A somewhat higher profile figure. Joined Liverpool a couple of years ago at 16 - I reckon this will be the season where he really makes a name for himself. Has looked good in preseason and with Liverpool seemingly not looking to replace Wijnaldum, Elliott could see some decent gametime.

Carney Chukwuemeka - Aston Villa
Started to get some gametime in the first team at the end of last season. Very highly rated youngster by all accounts and Villa have said he will feature again this year. Despite the loss of Grealish, Villa look pretty stacked in the attacking positions so it is difficult to see where Chukwuemeka will fit in, but if given the chance then I back him to impress.