Opinion on the current Manchester United crest?

MadMike

I think it should have more black and white. It's not like we wear gold/yellow anyway, even if it's a reference to the coat of arms.

EDIT: What the guy above said.

Sideways move, still extremely outdated. Footballs haven't looked like that for 50 years ffs.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Whats everyones thoughts on the United crest? Personally, I don't like it. I think it looks kind of childish. I would much prefer one that encoporated the coat of arms rather than a Devil.

Who's up for a rebranding? :lol:
It only needs Don Kichot and The Three Musketeers.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Should be simplistic. I dabble in graphical design and made this:

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Dangerous move to change it while we aren't top dogs. It provides a link to our recent successful past, and is one of the main icons of football worldwide. Changing it would distance ourselves from that.

grahamo

They better not change it. I've got the tattoo. :). Having said that it should have "Football Club in it. Sadly, I think Luis Van Gaal was right when He recently said United is now a business rather than a football club. :confused:

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Don't give them ideas.

Change it back. The 70's-90's logo was so iconic.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I agree. There's something undignified about the brightness of the red. Like a child's toy wagon. The old crest (1993) had the perfect colour combo.

Juventus' redesign makes it look like a logo that belongs to a johnny-come-lately sports brand like Under Armour or Gymshark. "The juventus way of living" - what's that? Bribing refs and bottling it in Europe?
Don't forget doping.

SSSSnake

This is just moaning at the club for moanings sake...

Why do we need to re-brand it? This version of the crest was done as part of a re-branding process that occurred because different departments within the club used different versions of the old crest...

The only thing I'd do with the current one, is put Football Club back on it...
Oh behave mate. I was hardly moaning and calling out for a re-brand. I just explained I was open to the idea. Yes I had a dig at the club for being slow to certain aspects like introducing a woman's team and only just now introducing a youtube channel. But I think that's valid!

RedNed77

Whats everyones thoughts on the United crest? Personally, I don't like it. I think it looks kind of childish. I would much prefer one that encoporated the coat of arms rather than a Devil.

Who's up for a rebranding? :lol:
Boo, feck off, I like the devil.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agree the crest looks quite childish to be honest. I'd much rather something more 'classic', but I doubt it'll ever go that route again, considering most clubs are going well in the other direction.
Something old fashioned where the devil is would look cool, while keeping the outer bit similar.

Definitely the root of all our problems, along with the Chevy logo of course.

Nick7

It's fine. I'd like a stylised version of the Manchester coat of arms. Thought I think coat of arms based crests are by far the best crests.

Affirmation

I personally quite like the current design of our badge though it could probably do with some slight design changes to improve the overall appeal of it.

However I made this just to showcase a design aspect in which our club may choose to implement if it's decided the badge needs a change in favour of a more "brand orientated" route.

Last edited:

MadMike

So cute, they think that lions were only african. hahahaha. Just because we killed them all like the dumbasses we were/are doesnt mean they didnt exist in europe
Tbf modern lions only really existed in the southern tips of Europe. Anything found further up north are usually fossils older than 50,000 years and therefore unrelated to heraldry.

At the time noble houses started picking animals for heraldry, there had been no lions already for hundreds of years in Europe (or millennia depending on the region).

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I think Jose won't last long! He is such a moody scrote.
There...

Lack of mentioning Jose in this thread is unaceptable!

P.S. Nothing wrong with our crest!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We need something modern and fashionable, to reflect the Caf's recently found love for pleasing-on-the-eye football above all else.
BAN! Ban this cnut! Kidding

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Nothing wrong with the current one, although the 2007 spin on it with the gold was fecking beautiful.

Much better than bright yellow. It’d go with the Chevrolet logo too.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We need to follow the trend of simplistic design.

M and U with a trident. It does look like two mountains beside a tree or two breasts beside a fork but who cares, it's simplistic... either keep the old one or use this one, there's no middle ground.

MrPooni

There's nothing wrong with a little re-branding but sadly our club live in the stone ages. Haven't we only just got an official Youtube channel now and introduced a woman's team. A new club crest will probably be done in 100 years.
The club has a strategy of waiting for social media platforms to mature before launching on them so while other clubs embarrass themselves trying to get to grips with new and developing formats, we let them work through the kinks and learn from their mistakes. It's worked a treat so far with Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

pacifictheme

Feck me at the people suggesting we change it. Go look at yourselves in the mirror and give yourselves a big slap.

The only change it needs it adding back "Football Club".

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I personally quite like the current design of our badge though it could probably do with a some slight design changes to improve the overall appeal of it.

However I made these just to showcase a design aspect in which our club may choose to implement if it's decided the badge needs a change in favour of a more "brand orientated" route.

No more, please

pacifictheme

I personally quite like the current design of our badge though it could probably do with a some slight design changes to improve the overall appeal of it.

However I made these just to showcase a design aspect in which our club may choose to implement if it's decided the badge needs a change in favour of a more "brand orientated" route.

And what a showcase that was :lol:

Tqlka bout a thread solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Next thread "old traffords name, should it be rebranded".