Other teams European hopes & Man Utd

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I saw this quote in another thread:

Sp do i cheer for WH to get top 4 now or hope its 5th and we get Rice?
Honestly think both Chelsea and Liverpool missing out is worth more to us than getting Rice this summer
....and it got me thinking.

Do we really need to care that much about other teams getting UCL football next season? Personally I would prefer for our big rivals to actually get qualified for the UCL, sure, West Ham would be a nice refreshing change, but do we really want our rivals getting the upper hand?

As things stand Chelsea are getting Thursday Nights which is detrimental to them, so that's arguably a good thing, but Liverpool dropping out of Europe (as things stand) entirely is nothing but a negative for us, they'll be much stronger next year with 0 European football to worry about and will ultimately, could have a better league campaign because of it.

Now I wrote in another thread that winning the league is all down to your own teams performance and you should only care about your own team and not worry about the performances of others, if you're the best, you're the best, no need to worry about the qualities of the performances of other teams as it doesn't concern you. You just need to get more points than the rest and you win the league. It sounds simple and that's because it is. But that's a discussion for another time.

I was just thinking do we really need to be 'celebrating' our other teams downfalls as it could inadvertently affect us the following season?