Sheff Utd (h)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Villa (a)
Southampton (h)
Palace (a)
West Ham (h)
Leicester (a)

6 away games and 3 at home which is slightly more away league games than you’d want at this stage, but on paper we should be picking up a fair amount of points from those. These are the games however we have struggled with in recent seasons, so we’ll see. How do we think we will fare? Is there anymore clarification on City’s CL ban yet? Will 5th net a CL spot?

Last edited:

DRM

feck, 3 away games in a row how did that happen?!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Because these always end well

Spurs (a)
Norwich (a)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Villa (a)
Southampton (h)
Palace (a)
West Ham (h)
Leicester (a)

6 away games and 3 at home which is slightly more away league games than you’d want at this stage, but on paper we should be picking up a fair amount of points from those. These are the games however we have struggled with in recent seasons, so we’ll see. How do we think we will fare? Is there anymore clarification on City’s CL ban yet? Will 5th net a CL spot?
This doesnt look right to me. We've definitely still got Sheff Utd at home

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We play Sheff Utd at Home not Norwich Away.

Still to be confirmed when.

No excuses in the home games but no away game is easy.

Spurs (a)
Norwich (a)
Brighton (a)
Bournemouth (h)
Villa (a)
Southampton (h)
Palace (a)
West Ham (h)
Leicester (a)

We’ve played Norwich away already and we won, remember?

SirAnderson

We also have that 6 pointer against Sheff United that had to be rearranged. Must win!
Think we can continue our unbeaten run in the PL.
We might get unstuck in the FA cup and Europa league though.

Spurs (a) 3pts
Norwich (a) 3pts
Brighton (a) 3pts
Bournemouth (h) 1pt
Villa (a) 3pts
Southampton (h)1pt
Palace (a) 3pts
West Ham (h) 1pt
Leicester (a) 1pt

Total - 19 out of 27 possible points. Think it should be enough for top 5? Chelsea has bigger games than us in terms of the big 6 as well.

Edit: Norwich = Sheff United

Last edited:

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Very possible that last match vs Leicester could be for 4th.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
feck, 3 away games in a row how did that happen?!
You’re counting the EL and the FA cups in that. But the LASK game away is an advantage with the return second. The Norwich game is a bit crap but we have enough to see them off.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Spurs (a) - draw
Sheff Utd (h) - win
Brighton (a) - win
Bournemouth (h) - win
Villa (a) - win
Southampton (h) - win
Palace (a) - loss
West Ham (h) - win
Leicester (a) - draw

Something like this. To be honest, I can see us winning pretty much all of those individually apart from Leicester away where I'd say we'll draw or lose, but it's also dependent on needs at the time. Bruno Fernandes will make a massive difference in these games compared to before. Plus Pogba soon to be back (if he does indeed come back..). Can see us finally going on a winning run. Trickiness might come in with the Europa League knockout rounds, depending on opponents. Should be fine with both Lask and Norwich in the Europa and Fa cup for now, but in the next round of both it'll likely be a cause for dropped points in the league.

Adamsk7

We should be looking to win all those with the form we’re in and with Pogba coming back. 7 wins will be enough to seal us THIRD, imo. Leicester are trailing off and Chelsea have a harder run in.

always_hoping

If United can win the next two games (Spurs A and Sheffield United H) I'd be more confident of finishing 4th but until then Chelsea remain favourites for 4th especially when they don't have the distraction of European football.

Hopefully Citys CL ban sticks as cheaters deserve to be punished.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pogba Bruno and Mata will unlock teams sitting deep. We're an actual football side now

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
As always with these types of things - one game at a time. We could still have another 19 games to play if everything goes well.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The first few pages of each Match Day thread will still be full of ‘I can’t see us winning this one’.

diarm

Boys. We will be challenging for 3rd, not 4th. Spurs will have a massive falling apart, just watch
I admire a bit of Spurs bashing as much as the next man. But the team in 8th falling apart isn't going to help us finish 3rd.

If we can take 18-20 points between now and the Leicester game, I think we'll be ahead of Chelsea (looking at their run in) and within striking distance of taking third off them on the last day of the season.

Nicolarra90

I admire a bit of Spurs bashing as much as the next man. But the team in 8th falling apart isn't going to help us finish 3rd.

If we can take 18-20 points between now and the Leicester game, I think we'll be ahead of Chelsea (looking at their run in) and within striking distance of taking third off them on the last day of the season.
By Spurs I think he means Leicester

Castia

Take Spurs away out and that’s a very good looking list of fixtures. We have a chance if we can finish these smaller teams off.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Leicester game could be a cup final, we have to keep the pressure on Chelsea and Leicester. Unfortunately I think we'll drop some silly points along the way.

fluwo

The Tottenham game will be key. Of course they are in somewhat bad form at the moment, but Mourinho really wants to win that game. The rest of the games are managable, but the way things are going we would be better of playing only current top 4 sites for the rest of the season. Let's see, I'm fairly optimistic. Does anyone know, when we can expect Rashford to return? I think his return will improve our changes for champions league next season immensely.

Motorman

Spurs (a) 3 points
Sheff Utd (h) 1 point
Brighton (a) 3 points
Bournemouth (h) 3 points
Villa (a) 3 points
Southampton (h) 3 points
Palace (a) 1 point
West Ham (h) 3 points
Leicester (a) 1 point
21/27

Lee565

I feel like I will end up jinxing a winning outcome of this match but I dont see spurs away as a tough game with the mess spurs are in and Ole has a good record against the supposed top 6 sides (2nd best to liverpool I think).

It's against the likes of Brighton, villa, palace and Sheffield united that are my main concern out of all the fixtures.

If we get both pogba and rashford back before the end of the season then I can really see us having enough quality to fire our way to top 4.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
We also have that 6 pointer against Sheff United that had to be rearranged. Must win!
Think we can continue our unbeaten run in the PL.
We might get unstuck in the FA cup and Europa league though.

Spurs (a) 3pts
Norwich (a) 3pts
Brighton (a) 3pts
Bournemouth (h) 1pt
Villa (a) 3pts
Southampton (h)1pt
Palace (a) 3pts
West Ham (h) 1pt
Leicester (a) 1pt

Total - 19 out of 29 possible points. Think it should be enough for top 5? Chelsea has bigger games than us in terms of the big 6 as well.

Edit: Norwich = Sheff United
Out of 29 (?) points.

Judas

Open to offers
On paper, its a very good set of fixtures. But you have to take it game by game. Next up is Spurs, win that, and this team will be full of confidence and flying. Today will have done wonders after last weekends disappointing result.