g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Our next 8 fixtures

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bournemouth
West Brom (a)
Leicester (a)
Burnley
Southampton
Everton (a)
Stoke
Burnley (a)

---------------------

All winnable. We should aim for full points

During the same period City play Spurs and LFC so technically anything is possible.

Red Star One

I don't think we should really look at City at this point. 11 points is a huge gap, let's just do our thing and try to win these games. All indeed winnable and maybe a kind run of fixtures will help few of our players find their form.

Canagel

Pogba will be back at West Brom right? We actually don't face another top 6 side until the 31st of January at Wembley v Spurs. Just need to put this result behind us and keep going. Try to win them all and then see where that takes us. No point looking at the table.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I don't think we should really look at City at this point. 11 points is a huge gap, let's just do our thing and try to win these games. All indeed winnable and maybe a kind run of fixtures will help few of our players find their form.
Agree at this point we should try and create a gap between us and the other teams otherwise we're dragged into a race for top 4. Everton away is probably trickier than it would have been now with Big Sam in charge.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Agreed. We should really just focus on the next fixture. We have 8 very winnable ones so 24 points should be the goal until we face Spurs in the 9th.

iKeano

Our next 8 fixtures are of no concern, today we conceded the league to City at Old Trafford.
We will struggle to finish top 4 & the majority of the players don’t give a single steaming turd. End. Of.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Our next 8 fixtures are of no concern, today we conceded the league to City at Old Trafford.
We will struggle to finish top 4 & the majority of the players don’t give a single steaming turd. End. Of.
Not a chance. We will finish a strong 2nd imo. We are significantly better than the others.

Fully Fledged

Pogba will be back at West Brom right? We actually don't face another top 6 side until the 31st of January at Wembley v Spurs. Just need to put this result behind us and keep going. Try to win them all and then see where that takes us. No point looking at the table.
Nah Bristol City.

AngliaRed

No, Leicester, unless there’s a cup match what I’ve forgotton about. His suspension is: today, Bournemouth, west brom!

Thepinhead

Agree.

Everything is going Citys way this year. We are doing very well and I expect us to win 7 of the next 8 fixtures. Think we might drop points in 1 of the next 2 fixtures because we don't really have a good replacement for pogba. We really need to look into that the next two transfer windows.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
But they all say "Poor result today but we keep on fighting" with a nice red dot beside it on Twitter?

vidic blood & sand

Bournemouth
West Brom (a)
Leicester (a)
Burnley
Southampton
Everton (a)
Stoke
Burnley (a)

---------------------

During the same period City play Spurs and LFC so technically anything is possible.
Yep should win all / most of those. Be surprised if we're not still second after those.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Just aim to win those and look at where we are after Burnley. Think our goal should be to finish second.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Still some twists left yet in this league. Maybe not enough to turn over an 11 point gap but we can only try and win all our fixtures and see where we stand. Today tells me we need a bit more quality in midfield though.

vidic blood & sand

Agree.

Everything is going Citys way this year. We are doing very well and I expect us to win 7 of the next 8 fixtures. Think we might drop points in 1 of the next 2 fixtures because we don't really have a good replacement for pogba. We really need to look into that the next two transfer windows.
Yeah their recent injury time winners, and luck against us is pointing towards them winning it this year, but I feel we are growing. In flashes we look very very good at times, but when we're poor we're very poor. I'm convinced we will be champions by May 2020. Next year or following year.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Under Fergie, at our best, after bad results we'd quietly go about our business and get back on track. Imperative we do the same now. Pogba should be back fresh and hungry after his suspension and we have winnable fixtures.

We need to do what we've done well this year, and win the games we should. We do that and create a gap between us and third and I'll be happy.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Whenever threads like these have been made we have always ended up with a lot less points than projected. We should just look to the next game.

iKeano

But they all say "Poor result today but we keep on fighting" with a nice red dot beside it on Twitter?
Exactly... spineless. That was a cup final today and 8 players at least bottled it. They don’t give a single toss.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whenever threads like these have been made we have always ended up with a lot less points than projected. We should just look to the next game.
Not always. I made one for 5 fixtures a while back where we got all points. Ultimately, our performances have nothing to do with the superstitious voodoo of creating a thread on a forum.

Thepinhead

Yeah their recent injury time winners, and luck against us is pointing towards them winning it this year, but I feel we are growing. In flashes we look very very good at times, but when we're poor we're very poor. I'm convinced we will be champions by May 2020. Next year or following year.
Without pogba for half of the season so far I actually am pretty happy about where we are. Take de bruyne out of that team for 10 or so games and they wouldn't have done so well. The shaktar Donetsk game is living proof of that. Hopefully their luck will turn and we might be able to give them a fight for the title the second half of the season

MonkeysMagic

On current form we are lacking in a credible, clinical striker to put the ball in the net. As such, I don’t think you can count any of these games as winnable!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not disappointed about losing in terms of a title challenge. There was never going to be one as City is too consistent in terms of winning other games. More disappointed about losing the home record.

On the rest of the season, we should set points/goals/goals against targets for ourself and aim to finish 2nd as we are definitely the 2nd best team in the league IMO.

AndyJ1985

May as well put the city game out of our minds and just concentrate on securing 2nd. That'd at least be progress and automatic qualification to the CL.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Fixing Bailly & Matic will help, add to that Pogba returning fully rested and 24 points is realistic aim indeed.

Minimalist

Get to 40+ points before the halfway mark (match 19) ideally. ~80 points should guarantee top four at least which is all to aim for realistically.

Alabaster Codify7

I expect nothing less than maximum points there. If Jose wants to believe we can catch City, we cannot drop any points during this stretch. I could see Leicester and Everton being the toughest games, maybe Burnley as they're well-drilled defensively an we often struggle to break teams like that down.

Charlie Foley

Let's just focus on ourselves. In the grander scheme of things it's not been a terrible season. Big improvement on last year from a number of players. Fact of the matter is there's a team in the league a fair bit better than us.

Luckily only Spurs made up any real ground on us among the 4 teams behind us and they all had easier fixtures, and Spurs have fallen back anyway. Also we've already been to Arsenal, Pool, and Chelsea.

If we take care of our own results and that brings us closer to City, then great. If we get decent points and aren't any closer then at least we'll have opened up some space on those behind us.

Time for Lukaku to get all flat track bully again please.

Redag12

Agree all winnable.

Pogba back for lcfc which is the first game he will be "needed" for. Hopefully fellani is back soon.

Hopefully ibra can get more and more minutes through these games as well. Lukaku and matic have been working like crazy.

These fixtures should all be winnable even with people getting a rest here and there, and us still sitting solidly in second.

Dave89

I missed that, was it after I turned the TV off or during my half time piss break? Seems like an awfully rash decision with 22 games left. Aren't sky pissed that their tv rights are worth less now?

Those are good run of fixtures to recover from today. Get near maximum points there and we'll be on target for second. The title is gone, barring a miracle.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Bournemouth
West Brom (a)
Leicester (a)
Burnley
Southampton
Everton (a)
Stoke
Burnley (a)

---------------------

even If they lost both games and we win all ours we'd still be 5 behind. And even us beating them the next time we meet wouldnt help. We should just concentrate on consolidating second place

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
even If they lost both games and we win all ours we'd still be 5 behind. And even us beating them the next time we meet wouldnt help. We should just concentrate on consolidating second place
Seriously?! 5 behind with 14 games to play is insurmountable now?

EDIT: Mind you, we won’t win all 8 games.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Forget City, focus on progress and most importantly improving our football.

Paul_Scholes18

I say take it one game at a time and try to win those. Not trying to think about the table at the moment.