Our remaining fixtures as compared to City

NM

you forgot to put in the CL qf first leg on april 2/3 and qf 2nd leg april 9/10 and the semis in the CL.

imagine if the fixture list was

barca v. utd
utd v. city
utd v. barca
stoke v. utd

utd v. villa
dortmund v. utd
arsenal v. utd
utd v. dortmund
utd v. chelsea

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Biggest change of style ever.. From Barca to Stoke. :lol:

I wonder how the players would react to that!!

Man-United

When could the West Ham away game be played? Hope we play them before the two week break after the 16th of March.

Norwich(H), Reading(H) and possible West Ham(A) before the national team break from 16th to 30th.

Amir

We could, theoretically, stick it between Chelsea/Boro on March 10 and Reading on March 16. Not sure Upton Park is a match we'd want through after Real Madrid and Chelsea.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When did Lampard miss Chelsea penalties! Typical.

Never mind, noone wouldn't have taken a 12point lead with 11 games to go.

Maybe it's a good thing not going 14/15 clear as everyone would have got super complacent then.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
City have a bit of benefit again this year. Just like last year when they got 8 points down, they basically could relax a bit because everyone was writing them off. So now at this point they can just play. Not saying they will catch us, but the pressure is off of them in a way.

Claymore

Yeah its over, finished. We don't have the injuries of last year and they've never had a spell at top like they did last year, the other top teams look poor. 20th in the bag.

Adebesi

Its encouraging how focused and composed we seem. A disappointing result against Madrid could conceivably throw us off course. But I really think the memory of last season is keeping everyone sharp and I'm confident we'll do the business.

Cevno

West Ham game got shifted, no ? When is it ?

Cevno

My dream is to see United wrap it up, mathematically, at Sunderland on March 30. I'll be there.
Don't think that's possible even if we win all our matches and they lose all theirs.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think everything depends on us winning against Madrid. Winng that match will make things a little harder but I prefer it that way.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Don't think that's possible even if we win all our matches and they lose all theirs.
Crap, there are only 3 more league matches to be played between now and March 30. That just doesn't seem right. After Sunderland, there are still 7 games left to play.

If we win all 3 prior to Sunderland and City lose all their 3, we're up to 19 points on City with 24 left on the table going into March 30. But if we beat Sunderland on that day and Newcastle beat City on the same day, we'd be up 22 with 7 games left to play -- 21 points left to be won. That, I believe, would do it. There's no chance City will lose four straight league games, so this is ridiculous speculation, but we're here to have fun with speculation.

Provided, that is, my math is anywhere close to being right.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
3 hardest fixtures left.

Utd: City (H), Arsenal (A) and Chelsea (H) +12 points
City: Everton (A), United (A), Spurs (A)

I'd back us :)

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Away from home ofcourse it should.

They're 5th! Not the side they were, but hardly a walking 3 points is it.

Cevno

Crap, there are only 3 more league matches to be played between now and March 30. That just doesn't seem right. After Sunderland, there are still 7 games left to play.

If we win all 3 prior to Sunderland and City lose all their 3, we're up to 19 points on City with 24 left on the table going into March 30. But if we beat Sunderland on that day and Newcastle beat City on the same day, we'd be up 22 with 7 games left to play -- 21 points left to be won. That, I believe, would do it. There's no chance City will lose four straight league games, so this is ridiculous speculation, but we're here to have fun with speculation.

Provided, that is, my math is anywhere close to being right.
We are on 69 points. With 3 wins we'll go to 77. If City lose their 3 they stay on 56. That's a 21 Point lead.

If we win that day and City lose then it will be a 24 point lead with 21 to play yeah.

But We are playing earlier than them that day. :p

And also the West Ham fixture along with their game that weekend has been postponed and is still to be rescheduled due to the FA cup Quarters. If it isn't played mid week, then it will have to be next month.

Nathan

I dont think we have to be concerned about City's fixtures, we should focus our attention on our own games and continue to win and apply the pressure on City.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we continue to win, City will quickly crumble. A win against them at OT and that will be that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
one game at a time.
I like the fact that we play before them for the next 2 weeks.
We can keep that gap mainitained.
We should, with all due respect be beating the likes of Norwich and Reading at home.
The tipping point for me is the match against City at home.
If we are still more than 10 points ahead after that I feel it will be pretty much safe but we have a big chance to end thier faint hopes then and there.
Remember the 1-6 i'd be saying to the lads. Its time to avenge and wipe that from the memory. So long as we stay 10/12 points ahead of them before they come to OT we can set up to pick them off as they press for the goals they need.
Its a must win for them, simple as that. We are in a great position but its not over yet!

iAm20Legend

one game at a time.
I like the fact that we play before them for the next 2 weeks.
We can keep that gap mainitained.
We should, with all due respect be beating the likes of Norwich and Reading at home.
The tipping point for me is the match against City at home.
If we are still more than 10 points ahead after that I feel it will be pretty much safe but we have a big chance to end thier faint hopes then and there.
Remember the 1-6 i'd be saying to the lads. Its time to avenge and wipe that from the memory. So long as we stay 10/12 points ahead of them before they come to OT we can set up to pick them off as they press for the goals they need.
Its a must win for them, simple as that. We are in a great position but its not over yet!
Totally Agree. One game at a time. Let's not get carried away.

Anduin

The situation is unchanged (and excellent). We need to win our home games against Reading, Swansea, Villa and Norwich. No offense to this teams, but we should really be capable of doing so. We will have 80 points after doing so... so need another 10 out of 21 (City, Chelsea home, Arsenal, Stoke, West Ham, Sunderland, West Brom away) to win it in case City win every single game until the end of the season. Which isn't going to happen. Would you back us to get 10/21 points against these teams, even with a potentially tight schedule? I would anytime.
I'm not saying it's in the bag, but we have every right to be very optimistic, more so than even last year.

Chabon

Is everyone well aware that if we progress in Europe we'll be forced to play the derby on a Saturday morning?

Even if we're in fecking Ukraine on Wednesday night our scummy league will still force us to play the biggest game of the season at the earliest possible moment. Honestly, there's part of me which thinks we should threaten not to play the fixture.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Is everyone well aware that if we progress in Europe we'll be forced to play the derby on a Saturday morning?

Even if we're in fecking Ukraine on Wednesday night our scummy league will still force us to play the biggest game of the season at the earliest possible moment. Honestly, there's part of me which thinks we should threaten not to play the fixture.
Who cares? We are Manchester United. We like to do things the hard way. And honestly if it means our schedule will be more congested and we play Wednesday and Saturday morning or lose to Madrid and have it easier in the league then I would pick the former any day of the week.

Widnes

It's the league which forces us too play the early game it's the police who always insists its the earlier game to stop fans getting too pissed before it.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Squad players like Young, Anderson, Jones, Smalling, and Hernandez will have a big say in how the rest of the years goes.

So many games are coming if we progress in the cups that we will need these players fit and firing.

Chabon

it's the police who always insists its the earlier game to stop fans getting too pissed before it.
Except we know that's bollocks because this is the second year running the derby has been initially scheduled as a Monday night game.

Man-United

The tricky games are West Ham and Stoke both away. Those games will decide a lot, we are expected to win most of the home games left.

5 wins, 5 draws and 1 loss will do it as long as the loss is not against city.

Adebesi

This came up in the Scholes thread, but hopefully, with him not being played very much at the moment, he will be really well rested and sharp, similar to how he was after coming out of retirement last January. If we can have him even close to how good he was 12 months ago, going into our run-in, he will be a great option to have around.

el eric

Keep the gap we have going into the Derby and we'll be fine I reckon. Its far from over yet though. A couple of stupid results and the pressure will be on. 4 (possible) games before the City game and if we keep wining we'll be fine. Norwich and Reading at home should be handy wins but you never know. Made hard work of Norwich at home last year and they beat us away this season. Reading wasn’t an easy game in the FA cup either. Sunderland away will be tough as will West Ham away. City gave a couple of toughys before the derby too, Everton away being the toughtest.

Will the West Hame game possibly be moved until the 13th March if the Boro/Chelsea game doesn’t need a replay. Looks like it would fit in there.