Our September fixtures

SirAnderson

The games will be coming in thick and fast after the international break, and we will need to rely heavily on rotation with some games just 3 or 2 days apart:

11th Sept (H) Newcastle WIN
3 days
14th Sept (A) Young Boys (CL) LOSS
5 days
19th Sept (A) West Ham WIN
2 days
21st Sept (H) West Ham (Carabao Cup)
4 days
25th Sept (H) Aston Villa
4days
29th Sept (H) Villarreal (CL)

Then for context, even though it's not September, we play 3 days later against Everton at home.

What are the expectations?

I assume we will be heavily rotating for the Carabao cup, but it's West Ham and they have been pretty decent recent but they too will have a short turnaround from the league game 2 days prior.

We start our CL campaign with Young Boys, again, assuming we want to go in strong there even though it's a 3 day turn around? Everyone expecting Ronaldo to start at Newcastle also.

With so many games, we can expect Donny, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Lindelof, Dan James and Co to have at least 2 starts?
Which games are plausible to have our strongest starting 11 then, even though midfield (Hope & prayers) is a question when it comes to what our strongest starting 11 are.

Lastly, what will be an acceptable return of points/wins from those 6 games?

Personally, I think we should be winning all of those. Could see a draw against West Ham (League game) or Villarreal as potential banana skin fixtures but still feel with out team would should be putting them away. Still, never know with our team.

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

Win them all.

Especially the league games. We can't drop more points before that brutal stretch in October.

SirAnderson

Win them all.

Especially the league games. We can't drop more points before that brutal stretch in October.
Yeah October will be just as brutal if not more consider the opposition we will be playing also.
The priority probably will be the league, but we can't be sloppy even though it's a easier CL group than last time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If and it’s a big if we win all those league games we will definitely be top by the end of September.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
West Ham obviously no mugs but regardless we should be winning all those games.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You'd have to fancy us to win the two home league games and the two CL ties. West Ham away will tricky and the Carabao Cup game is really dependant on the strength of team that both clubs put out. I would imagine that West Ham will want to build on a good league start and do well in Europe, so that might be an easy game

LoneStar

They are "easier" than what will come later, so we should be winning those league games. Also some time for the coaching team to figure out the best balance of the team before we start facing the top 6 teams.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
West Ham are away to Dynamo Zagreb 3 days before the face us. Good time to play them.

JB7

West Ham in the league cup is the 22nd just FYI but yeah still a busy month.

JB7

On Google it's showing 21st though :confused: 2 days did seem extreme though.
Yeah it’s odd, I don’t think it’s changed on our site either but we definitely put out a tweet & article the other day saying it was the 22nd.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
Full strength Newcastle home
Rest some players for YB
Full strength WH away
Second team for the LC game
Last 2 we should be able to get some rest so best team possible

SER19

Happily get knocked out of league Cup. City's second string walk to it every year and the double header semi final usually comes at a busy time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
All winnable games though, and we have the squad to do it.

JuriM

The League cup faith will be sealed at the West Ham league game before. There is a chance that we are playing for the top of the table there or at least close to that - so after that result we see who wants to rotate heavy and who doesn't.

Bwuk

We should be looking to win every game. The league cup we should be giving some of our youth starts.

Mike Smalling

Win the league games and get at least 4 points in the CL. Don't care much about the League Cup.

big rons sovereign

The games will be coming in thick and fast after the international break, and we will need to rely heavily on rotation with some games just 3 or 2 days apart:

11th Sept (H) Newcastle
3 days
14th Sept (A) Young Boys (CL)
5 days
19th Sept (A) West Ham
2 days
21st Sept (H) West Ham (Carabao Cup)
4 days
25th Sept (H) Aston Villa
4days
29th Sept (H) Villarreal (CL)

Then for context, even though it's not September, we play 3 days later against Everton at home.

What are the expectations?

I assume we will be heavily rotating for the Carabao cup, but it's West Ham and they have been pretty decent recent but they too will have a short turnaround from the league game 2 days prior.

We start our CL campaign with Young Boys, again, assuming we want to go in strong there even though it's a 3 day turn around? Everyone expecting Ronaldo to start at Newcastle also.

With so many games, we can expect Donny, Lingard, Mata, Matic, Lindelof, Dan James and Co to have at least 2 starts?
Which games are plausible to have our strongest starting 11 then, even though midfield (Hope & prayers) is a question when it comes to what our strongest starting 11 are.

Lastly, what will be an acceptable return of points/wins from those 6 games?

Personally, I think we should be winning all of those. Could see a draw against West Ham (League game) or Villarreal as potential banana skin fixtures but still feel with out team would should be putting them away. Still, never know with our team.
I expect lots of pissing and moaning win lose or draw.

Siorac

Happily get knocked out of league Cup. City's second string walk to it every year and the double header semi final usually comes at a busy time.
This. I know it'd be used as a stick to beat the club with, that we're giving up on a trophy and whatnot but I just can't bring myself to care about the fecking League Cup. I'd be happy to see it scrapped entirely.

SirAnderson

1 down 5 more to go.

Still expecting us to win all of them.

Young Boys also played yesterday.

For our PL encounter with West Ham, Antonio will be suspended after getting sent off yesterday, so that will work in our favor.

Lewnited

If we want to give ourselves a chance at the league this season, then we have to go on a winning run at some point in the season. Our fixtures from October onwards are looking pretty daunting, so we have to be pushing for maximum points this month I'd say.

eire-red

Need to be winning all them league games to set the pace. Chelsea look rock solid, and City have that ability to win 10 games or more on the bounce, and all over a sudden they're 10 points ahead at the top.

We need to be making OT a fortress this season. 5-1 against Leeds, and 4-1 against Newcastle. What I liked most about those games was that both Leeds and Newcastle equalised. Of course, you want those clean sheets, but it shows the mentality of the team is just different now.

We'll need that mentality for those October fixtures, but our squad is looking real strong in both quality and depth right now. Rashford to still come back as well.