Mejbri
So, Matic linked with a Mourinho reunion at Roma
Lingard linked with West Ham
Dalot reported to fancy staying at AC Milan
Ole to talk with Mata at the end of the season
Sergio Romero and Grant to leave at the end of contract

The keeper debate, surely one is off
The Phil Jones mystery
Bailly signing a new deal after being angered by not being in the first XI, then gets demoted to 4th choice behind Tuanzebe
Pereira?
Does Pogba renew his deal?
And Martial...

Forget anyone? I think we'll see quite a few leave to be honest, making room for at least 3 new signings and the youth players stepping into the first team squad (Mejbri for sure).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can see all of those between this summer and next summer leaving. Add in Tuanzebe and Dan James too. On the keepers, I don't think our long term keeper is at the club anyway, Henderson isn't more than a stop gap at best.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The fact that Ole is talking about very few leaving and contract talks with mata is concerning
Yeah, could be. But could also be about keeping the camp happy while the season is still going and preserving value.

el3mel

Matic will only leave if we sign a midfielder. Otherwise we'll keep him.

Lingard and Dalot definitely will be sold for good.

Mata will get a new contract.

BorisManUtd

Pereira will be coming back from Lazio but expect us to sell him this summer.

Martial will get another season to prove himself again and I think that's only fair, he was our best player last season with Bruno.

Luke1995

I think Matic and Mata will be kept as their experience is too valuable to the dressing room - and they can still do a job in cup games (probably)

atkar83

Matic will only leave if we sign a midfielder. Otherwise we'll keep him.

Lingard and Dalot definitely will be sold for good.

Mata will get a new contract.
Is Dalot atleast a better backup then Williams is at this point? He was never terrible for us, despite playing on some poor United teams

el3mel

Is Dalot atleast a better backup then Williams is at this point? He was never terrible for us, despite playing on some poor United teams
I was never convinced that much with Dalot and don't think he's a United quality at all.

Dve

So, Matic linked with a Mourinho reunion at Roma
Lingard linked with West Ham
Dalot reported to fancy staying at AC Milan
Ole to talk with Mata at the end of the season
Sergio Romero and Grant to leave at the end of contract

The keeper debate, surely one is off
The Phil Jones mystery
Bailly signing a new deal after being angered by not being in the first XI, then gets demoted to 4th choice behind Tuanzebe
Pereira?
Does Pogba renew his deal?
And Martial...

Forget anyone? I think we'll see quite a few leave to be honest, making room for at least 3 new signings and the youth players stepping into the first team squad (Mejbri for sure).
Chong, perhaps.

RedIan

Matic mata Jones lingard out possibly Bailly too if we buy a CH

id add martial to that list, great footballer but lakes the mental attitude required to be the best.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Can see all of those between this summer and next summer leaving. Add in Tuanzebe and Dan James too. On the keepers, I don't think our long term keeper is at the club anyway, Henderson isn't more than a stop gap at best.
If we brought in a CB I could see Tuanzebe getting a season long loan, and he needs games to see if he can be a regular member of the team, same with Henderson, I believe he can iron out his faults, plenty of other players have done it. I think you're probably right about James, good attitude, works hard, some skills and has scored some cracking goals, but ultimately probably not quite a top prem club player, and can see his chances recede with the likes of Amad, Elanga, Hannibal and Shoretire more integrated into the squad, although I'm not sure if any of those lads, and also Garner, Laird, Galbraith, Levitt, et al, will get loans next season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think Matic and Mata will be kept as their experience is too valuable to the dressing room - and they can still do a job in cup games (probably)
I think Mata will stay, but Matic may well go if he can get say a three year deal with another club. Serie A probably.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I was never convinced that much with Dalot and don't think he's a United quality at all.
Me neither. Looked good going forward, but not great at defending. Always thought his best games for us were at LB.

bsCallout

'Sold' - Romero, Grant, Dalot, Chong, Pereira, Matic, Lingard.

Mata won't be here either.
Jones will be wheeled out in a wheelchair.
Hopefully Bailly will be sold too.

Loans - Williams, Pellistri, Elanga, Hannibal.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Matic mata Jones lingard out possibly Bailly too if we buy a CH

id add martial to that list, great footballer but lakes the mental attitude required to be the best.
I think Jones will be at OT next season, for two reasons. Firstly, no one will buy him due to his injury record, and Ole may well keep him as a 4th choice CB, and possibly let Tuanzebe get a season long loan. Secondly, if he does get a few games, and can prove his fitness, then we may get a decent fee for him next season when Tuanzebe, and possibly Mengi will be back.
I can't see Martial going anywhere, he will a back up to Cavani and Rashford, and will, hopefully, watch and learn from Edi, on how a top striker works hard, runs all day, gets involved in the build up, and can get that ball into the net.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Matic is getting another year isn’t he. Never plays anyway and seems to have accepted a bit part role.

Mata might feel it’s time to go back to Spain, especially with his recent family issues.

I think we’re going to have a hard time convincing anyone to take Dalot and Andreas off our hands if we want anything more than magic beans in return. They’ll probably just sit on the scrap heap with Jones until we suddenly decide they have value around renewal time.

Think it’ll be one centre back in, and one out. Bailly would be my guess.

Think there could be a shock exit though. Ole could be ruthless and sell Henderson while his stock is high, or Pogba if he won’t commit. Either way they could provide very useful and much needed funds. Think Donny could go as well, but I think Martial will stay and provide depth on the wings/up front. All maybes though.

Most likely outs:

Romero - released
Mata - released
Williams - loan
Bailly - 10m

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The fact that Ole is talking about very few leaving and contract talks with mata is concerning
Too many in's and out's disrupts team harmony, or run the risk of. Some of these players we all want gone are very popular in the dressing room. Forcing them out can turn some players sour.

Juan Mata is one. He's extremely well liked and respected in the dressing room, and the players are guaranteed to take offense if the club forces him out. We need to respect contracts, and let players who WANT to go, go.

My players that are likely to go are: Williams on loan, Hendo - Loan, Dalot - Permanent transfer, Andreas Pereira - Permanent transfer, Chong - Loan, Pellistri - Loan, Elanga - Loan. Lingard - Permanent transfer. Garner* - Loan.

I don't think Roma will offer us the money we want for an aging Matic. And I think that Mata will accept to play a bit part role and stay with the team.

In's: Sancho, Pau Torres. no CDM, Hannibal (Bit-part promoted), Garner* (I don't know if the staff feels he's ready to play big boy football next season already, he's impressed in stretches during his loan spell).

Paul Pogba is likely to stay unless Juve does something weird.

bsCallout

Too many in's and out's disrupts team harmony, or run the risk of. Some of these players we all want gone are very popular in the dressing room. Forcing them out can turn some players sour.

Juan Mata is one. He's extremely well liked and respected in the dressing room, and the players are guaranteed to take offense if the club forces him out. We need to respect contracts, and let players who WANT to go, go.

My players that are likely to go are: Williams on loan, Hendo - Loan, Dalot - Permanent transfer, Andreas Pereira - Permanent transfer, Chong - Loan, Pellistri - Loan, Elanga - Loan. Lingard - Permanent transfer. Garner* - Loan.

I don't think Roma will offer us the money we want for an aging Matic. And I think that Mata will accept to play a bit part role and stay with the team.

In's: Sancho, Pau Torres. no CDM, Hannibal (Bit-part promoted), Garner* (I don't know if the staff feels he's ready to play big boy football next season already, he's impressed in stretches during his loan spell).

Paul Pogba is likely to stay unless Juve does something weird.
Mata's contract is up. We'd have to renew, which we won't. He'll go home and spend time with his family.

Henderson won't be loaned either.

Matic will be allowed to go too, especially if we get a CDM.

Im convinced DDG will go, especially without Mata around. I think that's already agreed.

Luke1995

I think Mata will stay, but Matic may well go if he can get say a three year deal with another club. Serie A probably.
He was linked with Roma but we never know what exactly factors into possible deals. He may like living in Manchester. He may not like Italian league. Or he may be desperate to be sold. Let's see...

Tallis

Release: Mata, Romero, Grant, Chong
Sold: Lingard, Dalot, Andreas, James
Maybe Sold: Pogba, Matic
Maybe Released: Jones

Stay: DDG, Hendo, Martial,

I think we will have significant exodus this summer. For practical purposes, a number of these players are already not with the team due to loans or little game time so not much impact.

MichaelRed

If we have any sense we'll pull in 30-40m for Henderson and put to bed the GK issue for the next 5 years at least.

davidmichael

In an ideal world we’d move on De Gea, Romero, Dalot, Jones, Williams, Matic, Mata, Lingard, Pereira and Martial.

MU655

I think De Gea will go. He has a kid in Spain now.

Henderson will be first team, and we may bring in a second keeper.

davidmichael

We absolutely shouldn't sell De Gea unless he's the one who asked to leave.
I don’t think it’s just coincidence that his missus has had a kid, Henderson has played lots and there’s all kind of rumours of De Gea going and based on how De Gea has always stayed classy with rumours of leaving or contract negotiations I don’t think he’d make a public thing of going so I truly think he’s off this summer which is why Heaton is coming in.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don’t think it’s just coincidence that his missus has had a kid, Henderson has played lots and there’s all kind of rumours of De Gea going and based on how De Gea has always stayed classy with rumours of leaving or contract negotiations I don’t think he’d make a public thing of going so I truly think he’s off this summer which is why Heaton is coming in.
Problem is none of the Spanish club can afford his transfer fee and wages.

RiqCantona

I am not sure about the academy players and whom will depart among them. Other than that -

- Lingard (Maybe in a swap deal for Rice?)
- Jones (wishful thinking!)
- Mata
- Probably James (if Sancho comes in)
- Matic (if we sign Rice)
- Romero

And I'm already expecting the loan players like Pereira and Dalot to make their deal permanent.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Heaton you might be right but also you may be wrong as we are losing Romero and grant. We need a 3rd keeper

-Supreme-

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Ole had also said Sanchez and Smalling would come back from their loan spells and prove a lot of people wrong.

davidmichael

Problem is none of the Spanish club can afford his transfer fee and wages.
I think De Gea would happily go back to Spain on lesser wages seeing as he’s a multi millionaire and his missus wants him back there for good now they’ve had a baby, Sevilla or Valencia are realistic options and I think United would let him go almost for free if it meant getting the £350K a week off the wage bill.

Heaton you might be right but also you may be wrong as we are losing Romero and grant. We need a 3rd keeper
Isn’t Grant simply moving into a player/coach role ? We’ve also got 3 or 4 good prospects in the reserves/academy so Henderson, Heaton, Grant plus the reserve/academy keepers would surely be enough ?

krentz

Nemanja Matic:

Mourinho would love having his "island of personality" at Roma. Roma need a DM, Slow pace of Serie A suits him. United could get a decent fee rather than letting him go for nothing next season. This one is a transfer where everyone is a winner in the end.

Juan Mata:

Out of contract. Valencia or some mid table spanish club is the perfect place for him in Spain.
Handsome, intelligent, soft spoken and well mannered, cant wait to see him back as club ambassador in future.

Axel Tuanzebe:

That long injury ruined him. Such a shame he wasted 2 precious years here. He'll be 24 year old next season. It's time to part away. Going to a top level Championship club should be high on priority if he want to save his career.

Jesse Lingard.

Well thank god for his glorious loan spell at WHU which elevated his status from a meme-lord who "barely good enough for Championship football" into a £30M elite footballer. I'd be forever grateful if he can help funding the club this summer.

Romero & Grant:
Romero is a solid goalie, dunno why Ole and the club treated him like that. Unfair and bit disgraceful imho. Grant who?

I think those are the most obvious outgoing players this summer, sure it could be another name or more names exiting this club depending on players coming in.

golden_blunder

Staff
I think De Gea would happily go back to Spain on lesser wages seeing as he’s a multi millionaire and his missus wants him back there for good now they’ve had a baby, Sevilla or Valencia are realistic options and I think United would let him go almost for free if it meant getting the £350K a week off the wage bill.

Isn’t Grant simply moving into a player/coach role ? We’ve also got 3 or 4 good prospects in the reserves/academy so Henderson, Heaton, Grant plus the reserve/academy keepers would surely be enough ?
Under Ole we have always had experienced keepers - DDG, Henderson, Romero, Grant

davidmichael

Under Ole we have always had experienced keepers - DDG, Henderson, Romero, Grant
We’d still have three experienced keepers in Henderson, Heaton and Grant and we could easily bring in another one on a free in a worst case scenario but seeing as we’ve not used three keepers in a season for a long time unless Romero has played this season and I’ve forgotten we pretty much (injuries permitting) only use two keepers.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

The club would rather extend players than let them walk for free. They're not going to let De Gea go that cheap.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If west ham can’t pay up, I’d much rather sell van de Beek and retain Lingard to back up Bruno. He’s much more reliable anyways.

golden_blunder

Staff
We’d still have three experienced keepers in Henderson, Heaton and Grant and we could easily bring in another one on a free in a worst case scenario but seeing as we’ve not used three keepers in a season for a long time unless Romero has played this season and I’ve forgotten we pretty much (injuries permitting) only use two keepers.
Grant us moving into a coaching role or getting the heave ho.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ole saying that only few will leave is concerning. And Pogba issue is the most concerning thing