Paddy Power pay out on Man City

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
As league champions.

Crazy considering how close the league title is at the moment.

Kag

They’ll get the return and then some. The algorithms involved behind the scenes are on another level to the common halfwit.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
They’ll get the return and then some. The algorithms involved behind the scenes are on another level to the common halfwit.
Would be hilarious if they bottled it now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fairly ridiculous. They're 3 points clear, with a game in hand. But have finished their little run playing the bottom teams, and play Liverpool away tomorrow.

If it was after a win tomorrow, and we didn''t win today it'd be more sensible.

Usual publicity stunt though,

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Didn’t Fred Done pay out on United in 1998 and 2012 like the absolute plonker he is?

Pace Abuser

The biggest rig for the bookie is the psychological one. Too many people put any winnings back into the system and lose it back to the bookie. It's one of the main reasons they always win.

Jack-C20

It's amazing how betting companies doing this for attention still gets them attention.
Especially Paddy Power. Always trying humour which is close to the line just for that extra bit of attention. Can’t stand them.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
This doesn't mean that they think it's inevitable that City win. It purely means that they have checked how much money it will cost them, and decided the publicity is worth more.

RC89

Oh wow. Theyve paid out all thirteen city fans that placed a bet on them winning.

Jokes aside, I'm sure they've thought this through.

Havak

Pokemon master
Was looking for a title race thread, but found this.

Might as well pay out on City, it's clear they've won it. Even if Liverpool smash them today, it will not matter.

Anyone thinking United, Liverpool or Leicester can win the title are clutching at straws.

I keep asking people, how many points are Man City going to get? No one has answered less than 85 yet, much to my expectation.

You know what record Man Utd, the closest challengers would need to get 85 Points this season from the remaining games? 13 Wins, 1 Draw, 1 Loss. Is that really going to happen? Liverpool and Leicester will have to go better than that. Liverpool have a 50% win rate in the league with 11/22... Even if they beat City next, they aren't suddenly going on this mega run.

Even in this season, I think it's laughable to think City aren't getting a mid-80's points total, or that any of the would be challengers can win that percentage of games from today onwards.

It's not happening.

padr81

Supports
Man City
This doesn't mean that they think it's inevitable that City win. It purely means that they have checked how much money it will cost them, and decided the publicity is worth more.
This guy gets it. A publicity stunt that will pay off. you have to consider I would say of all years recently, this is the one least money went on City in awhile. Klopp had dismantled us and United suddenly found a groove, I'd say most the money went on the Pool before the season and United a few weeks ago (excited fanbase). This of all seasons was the perfect time to pull a stunt like this whether City win or not.