Panini World Cup Sticker Album - Online

Mali_Zeus

Completed the album, I have 16 packs waiting so there will be about 80 duplicates, if anyone needs some stickers let me know, I'm not sure how collectors groups and swapping there works but we will work sthing out.

I'm still thinking about starting collecting the real thing although its 16th of may. :lol: I dont know how will I swap duplicates though.

DanCity

I've been collecting the stickers for the past 3 weeks or so.
50p a packet isn't too bad.
To be honest I wasn't overly bothered at first, but when I saw the sticker books were free in my work (Tesco) I got "that buzz" I had as a kid and I wanted to start collecting them.

I must have bought about 100 packets myself, my fiancé has bought me shitloads too. :lol:

I went shopping this afternoon to Tesco and bought a few more packs. The multiple packs are a decent offer. Works out at about £2 for 6 packets with my staff discount.

For those of you doing it online: Surely it can't be as enjoyable as the real thing?
I got home from work the other night and opened every packet and was eager to see who I had in it :lol:

I've got quite a lot of duplicates so far, so if anyone wants to swap, maybe we can operate some kind of "swapsie system" ?

Got got need :p

DanCity

I've just noticed the thread title stating this is the online version of the book. So apologies for hijacking the thread :p

vanthaman

Winner
We've been doing the real one at work between 4 or 5 of us, I know loads of others in late 20s early 30s collecting them too,

JmRssll555

I remember back in the 2001/02 Panini album for the Premiership, there was the miniature sticker section in the middle. You could only collect those stickers by purchasing certain kinds of crisps. It was great; I'd have everyone I knew buying those 'Footballs' crisps that had the packets inside them!

thelemon

Anyone on the caf in a group I could join? Mine's at a stand still and I've got 19 stickers available for trade!
I have the following to trade:
Arjen Robben (NED)
Mark Bresciano (AUS)
Orestis Karnezis (GRE)
Japan Logo (JAP)
Maxi Pereira (URU)
Walter Gagano (URU)
Celso Borges (COS)
Joe Hart (ENG)
Gianluigi Buffon (ITA)
Andrea Pirlo (ITA)
Valon Behrami (SWI)
LionelMessi (ARG) x3
Vincent Enyeama (NIG)
Joseph Yobo (NIG)
Michael Essien (GHA)
Algeria Logo (ALG)
Ki-Sung-Yueng (KOR)

I'd love to trade some of these, I'm specifically looking for Gary Cahill (ENG), Maya Yoshida (JAP) or Jackson Martinez (COL) because I just need those players to complete their respective countries, but there are loads more I haven't got yet so just pm the group details and who you want to trade for who and we'll see!

Riddle

I have Cahill and I've put the other two on search. Should be over pretty quickly.

Offer anything you want, just give me the name here. Use public swap. My album is complete, so I can't get out of my group and you won't be able to get in because the group is full. :D

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Man I have really got in to this. I am only 11% complete though. It is going to take forever. Already getting a few dupes and it is a nightmare trying to decide who to swap them for. In the end I just decided to swap any dupes for an England player I don't have.

Tiber

I like this a lot

God I used to love collecting shoot out cards I have the entire sets for the first few years, my dad owns a shop and I used to drive him crazy til he would just give me a box of them to shut me up

Stickers were good as well.

I disagree that we are "too old for this" it's little different to collecting a programme imo

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Oh yea. If there is no Redcafe group I am happy to make one.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If anyone is doing the real thin and has Rui Patrico the Portuguese keeper let me know. Only need him to complete their team. (Finished Ghana yesterday!)

Cristiano_RAFC

My online album is full for weeks already. I have the real one too. 85% of that one is full according to the Panini App. It's a massive hype in Belgium right now. My brother-in-law got one from my sister as they were giving them away somewhere and when I saw that I wanted one too and got me one. :) Then I saw several people on Facebook having one and right now it's a big thing. It even made the news a week ago. There's a shortage of stickers and the sellers are having a hard time keeping up with the demand. My nephew who lives in Brussels and who also got himself a sticker album also told me that you couldn't get stickers anywhere in Brussels now. All are sold out all the time he says.

A girl friend of mine to my surprise had one too and we started talking about that. We decided to ask a few others to meet up and swap. About 10 people (all adults between 20 and 30 like me) turned up. Then last thursday there was a swap event nearby at a local football team's cafeteria. More than 50 people showed up! All of them adults! I've got people on Facebook I haven't seen for a long time, who now come up to me and ask me to meet and swap. It's incredible really.

Midnight1811

My online album is full for weeks already. I have the real one too. 85% of that one is full according to the Panini App. It's a massive hype in Belgium right now. My brother-in-law got one from my sister as they were giving them away somewhere and when I saw that I wanted one too and got me one. :) Then I saw several people on Facebook having one and right now it's a big thing. It even made the news a week ago. There's a shortage of stickers and the sellers are having a hard time keeping up with the demand. My nephew who lives in Brussels and who also got himself a sticker album also told me that you couldn't get stickers anywhere in Brussels now. All are sold out all the time he says.

A girl friend of mine to my surprise had one too and we started talking about that. We decided to ask a few others to meet up and swap. About 10 people (all adults between 20 and 30 like me) turned up. Then last thursday there was a swap event nearby at a local football team's cafeteria. More than 50 people showed up! All of them adults! I've got people on Facebook I haven't seen for a long time, who now come up to me and ask me to meet and swap. It's incredible really.

How much does a packet cost you in Belgium ? For me, it's 60p.

Cristiano_RAFC

How much does a packet cost you in Belgium ? For me, it's 60p.
60 eurocent for 5 stickers.

When I was in Manchester in March, I noticed everything costs the same in the UK as it does in Belgium. Except that it's euros in Belgium and pounds in the UK. Expensive country you have there... ;)

thelemon

Yeah I have now completed England, Colombia, Japan and Honduras. Nearly done Portugal, Spain and Netherlands. All the others are pretty much half full apart from Belgium where I just have Lukaku :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I have gone ahead and made a collectors group. I think you can only have 10 though so it is first come first serve.

Team Name: Redcafe
Team ID: 264173
Password: vangaal

DanCity

Anyone doing the sticker book,
A few spares below that I've got to swap if anyone needs any of them, let me know if you have any that you fancy swapping :)

33, 48(x2), 49, 61(x2), 73
128, 153, 194
202, 250, 253, 274
335, 336, 348, 349(x2), 360, 367
415, 418, 460, 474, 492, 494
509, 516, 519, 589, 590
601, 613, 614

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Neither do I. I am sure we can work it out. Redcafe has some of the most brilliant minds.
I've put in some swap requests. I'd prefer it if I could just see the ones that other people have.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Can't even get on it at the moment. Is it me or are you the same? I just updated my PC and it's acting a little weird.

EDIT - Got Robben.

JmRssll555

I'll join the collectors group, if that's alright.

I'm currently only 12% completed and I have a couple of spares at the moment. The website and app seems to be playing up just now though, I haven't been able to access either all morning. It's allowing me to sign on now, but it's horribly slow and when I try to open a pack it tells me I've already opened 5 today, which I clearly have not.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Anyone doing the sticker book,
A few spares below that I've got to swap if anyone needs any of them, let me know if you have any that you fancy swapping :)

33, 48(x2), 49, 61(x2), 73
128, 153, 194
202, 250, 253, 274
335, 336, 348, 349(x2), 360, 367
415, 418, 460, 474, 492, 494
509, 516, 519, 589, 590
601, 613, 614
You have five that I need. Whereabouts do you live! I could send some your way!

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I've got 24 swaps. I'll be online in about 6 hours. At work at the moment.

JmRssll555

The website seems to be running once again. I've opened my three remaining packs for today and got another 14/15 new stickers, including Rooney and van Persie.

I've requested a collectors group swap for one of my doubles, to see how it works also.