Other Paramount +

Drifter

American
Paramount+ reveals big plans, but do we need another streaming service

Streaming service Paramount+ has announced a huge slate of new shows and films ahead of its expansion to countries including the UK this year.
The platform's plans include a Sonic the Hedgehog series, 14 new South Park movies, four SpongeBob films and a prequel series to 2000 film Sexy Beast.

The service is already home to the Star Trek franchise and the forthcoming Frasier reboot and Halo adaptation.

It launched in the US last year and will arrive in the UK this summer.

It is spending big on programming in an attempt to compete with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Now and Apple TV+, not to mention traditional

broadcasters, for viewers' time and money.

It will have a $6bn (£4.4bn) content budget by 2024, according to Variety.

The UK launch date and subscription price have not yet been announced. It costs $9.99 (£7.37) a month in the US for ad-free shows, or $4.99 (£3.68) with ads.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60401124

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
netflix £14.99 for 4k. Amazon £7.99. Disney+ £7.99. Now £9.99 for tv + £9.99 for movies + £5 if you want HD and dolby 5.1. Appletv+ £4.99. That all adds up to £60 a month, and doesnt include any of the optional extra streaming services like shudder. Add another £9.99 of top of that and your looking at £70 a month. The whole point of streaming was that it was supposed to be cheaper than cable and satellite. It was still fine when they were dumping all episodes on the same day, as you could just pay for the month and pick and choose which services you wanted through out the year. But now they are all going back to that long format one episode per week in order to retain more monthly subs. And since the argument I keep seeing on the internet for this is that it allows for longer and better conversations to happen on the internet, then most people are going to have to grab all this shit at once to keep up with the conversations.

And now theres ads creeping in. Wont be long till we are once again paying a full premium price for a service that includes ads. Im looking at you Sky. Only plus I can see still is that they havent brought in year or two year contracts...yet. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I get a bundle for free from my cell phone contract. Disney+, Paramount+, ESPN, and HBO Max. I get the most use from Paramount+ because of the football coverage and I enjoy to binge shows after the entire season is finished and Paramount+ has a lot of content. HBO Max has a lot, but a lot of it I am not really a fan.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Don't you have any family members? Each member buys one service and you trade passwords.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Anyone paying full needs to partner up with someone on the Caf to give up the password for access to another service their new friend subscribes to.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I wouldn't sleep with anyone on the caf for a paramount+ subscription
FFS if you're going to type this and practically tear up the gagging order then what the feck was the point of our out-of-court settlement?!?!

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
FFS if you're going to type this and practically tear up the gagging order then what the feck was the point of our out-of-court settlement?!?!
You know who makes a public declaration that they would not sleep with someone for a free subscription? Someone who would! Subscription sluts and swingers are very crafty with their communication.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You know who makes a public declaration that they would not sleep with someone for a free subscription? Someone who would! Subscription sluts and swingers are very crafty with their communication.
True, but don't trust horsey as he's probably writing his tell all autobiography about the whole ordeal.

I thought that just meant we couldn't use gags!
See? He's already at it by alluding to my fetish for wearing a fez whilst straddling a rocking horse naked. Completely private information that he shouldn't be sharing, just like my penchant for screaming "that's a bingo!" at the end of coitus.