Pardew Draft - Final: Himannv vs Pat

With players at their peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Himannv

Pat

Himannv Tactics

Formation: 4-3-3

Details:
  • I've reverted back to that off-the-ball front three because it's true to what I wanted to build from the start.
  • I finally managed to draft VDS and he is the missing piece that completes my team and enables them to play the way I want.
  • Nesta found his way into my team and even though it is a minor upgrade, this was the player I wanted the most to play that Puyol role and do it even better really.

Tactics:

• Possession based on the ball with Barca-style tactics
  • High press off the ball using the workrate of the front 3
  • Have Mustard on toast.

Pat Tactics

Formation: 4-3-3/4-5-1

Himannv has put the final touches to a lovely possession-based set up by adding an ideal GK in van der Sar, so we'll accept that they'll dominate the ball for substantial periods in the match, drop deeper and look to transition quickly when we regain the ball. Now this isn't a park-the-bus job, as we're strong enough to play on the front-foot in phases too, but the plan is primarily to maintain a disciplined defensive shape, progress the ball quickly and effectively to the attackers through the likes of Koeman and Redondo when we regain it, then rely on our individual quality up front to do the rest.

It's probably not a game plan that would sit particularly well with Cruyff, but he'll just have to lump it as a one-off, and in any case his blistering pace, creativity and speed of thought will be a formidable weapon for us. Ronaldo, clearly, can hardly be bettered as a weapon against a high-line defence, and I'm curious to see if Himannv goes with Nesta given the narrative surrounding their previous encounters.

Ruud Gullit is our final reinforcement, and on top of his prowess in possession he'll beef us up considerably against the ball. While our team as a whole is fairly press resistant, there are potential vulnerabilities there in Thuram and Cech against Himannv's high press, so the option to play the long outball towards Gullit is a handy one, as I'd expect him to outstrip Lahm when competing with him in the air.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I reckon this is very tight but I think Pat's defence is excellent especially with the midfield cover. Also with Redondo and Koeman he will be able to move the ball forward very quickly indeed to the pacy and unpredictable front three.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Hard luck @Himannv . We did a proper one page Moby here! Literally didn't have a single bad word to say about your team, and wouldn't have felt hard done by in the slightest if you'd have won here. Brilliant team and great drafting from the outset. I got incredibly lucky with the spoils of war reinforcements. Redondo, Matthaus, Don Elias and R9 ffs!