Pardew Draft - R1 - Enigma vs Skizzo

Who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
ENIGMA:

SKIZZO:

ENIGMA TACTICS:

Formation: 4-3-3
Defence:

At the heart of the defence we have the classic sweeper/stopper combo in Moore and Santamaria. On the left we have the greatest attacking left back in Facchetti who will overlap Gento and create a frightening prospect on the right. On the opposite flank we have Burgnich who is playing a conservative role and keeping our defensive line.

Midfield:
At the base of the midfield is Bedin. He was the anchor of the Grande Inter and plays similar role here, shielding the defence. Alongside him is Luis del Sol, who is in more of a modern box to box role and spearheading the midfield is one of football's finest - Di Stefano.
Di Stefano is in his natural role controlling the tempo and linking up the midfield and attack, whilst obviously attacking the box and scoring himself.

Some nice articles on Bedin and Del Sol who are less familiar in draft matches:
On Bedin

Luis del Sol

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/articles/remembering-luis-del-sol

Attack:
Our attack is the focal point of the team really. A proven partnership between Gento/Puskas/Di Stefano is complimented by perhaps the greatest winger of all time in Best. Best and Gento will stretch the pitch, attack the opposition full backs and allow Di Stefano and Puskas to exploit the space in the box. Both of them can create a numerical advantage and deliver the decisive blow in this game.

Thoughts on the opposition:
Skizzo has a solid team with some big names of his own. However Best vs Abidal is a viable route to goal. Di Stefano mobility and his synergy with Puskas will cause all sorts of problems for the opposition, whilst I think Burgnich is a good match for Nedved and Moore/Santamaria partnership.

SKIZZO TACTICS:

Formation 4411

Fairly self explanatory setup In terms of formation. Defensively we’ll have Makelele and Effenberg sitting a little deeper in the central midfield, with Effenberg given license to move up and progress the ball, or find the outlet down the wings.

Totti given free rein and a free role to roam and get on the ball.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
I want to vote Skizzo due to the nostalgia-fest that is Kanchelskis galloping down the right wing, but Enigma is just overwhelmingly strong. Both sides look well-balanced and both seem to have gotten good value out of their respective pools.

Skizzo

I want to vote Skizzo due to the nostalgia-fest that is Kanchelskis galloping down the right wing, but Enigma is just overwhelmingly strong. Both sides look well-balanced and both seem to have gotten good value out of their respective pools.
I was happy with the pool being a pretty decent depth of talent, but I knew after the draw it was only gonna go one way :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who
Commiserations @Skizzo you had a mighty fine team that probably only lacked a little more star power, apart from that nothing I could really pick up.