Pardew Draft SF - Himannv vs Big Dunk

With players at their peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Himannv

Big Dunk

Himannv Tactics

Formation
: 4-3-3
  • Possession based on the ball with Barca-style tactics.

Some slight changes made from the last round with focus on a more potent attack and a slightly more suitable CB.

Big Dunk Tactics

Playstyle: to beat the tiki-taka/high-press style of our opponent, we will invite them forward, then make swift and lethal counter-attacks.

Key tactical notes: Baggio and Gullit are given the positional freedom to work their magic behind Romário, the ultimate box finisher. My attackers will pull the opponent's defenders out of position, and penetrate the space between and behind the backline. All of my front three can create something out of nothing for themselves or link up and create for eachother. Further creativity is supplied by Beckham, Marcelo, Scholes and Passarella. Scholes is now employed as the deep-lying playmaker, with Bryan Robson joining Beckham in the box-to-box engine room. We have a very stubborn defence who will soak up the pressure, and then exploit the high line of our opponent with quick vertical attacks.

Gentile will be given a marking assignment on Stoichkov, able to suffocate him in both outside and inside channels, while Marcelo is given more freedom to attack down his flank. Beckham and Robson will support their fullbacks and nullify any double teams and passing triangles. Vierchowod has both the pace and tenacity to combat Suarez, with Passarella covering. In Vierchowod, Passarella, Gentile, Robson and co we have the necessary graft and combative bite to disrupt our opponent’s rhythm and tempo, while possessing the clinical edge up top to punish them. Schmeichel will also initiate quick counter attacks from deep with his accurate distribution.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I went for Big Dunk by a whisker because Courtois isn't suited to Himan's possession setup.

Himannv

I went for Big Dunk by a whisker because Courtois isn't suited to Himan's possession setup.
While he isn't a typical sweeper keeper and won't venture too far forward, he's about the closest as it gets to a complete keeper. He's pretty much good at everything; shot stopping, crosses, distribution, passing, etc. Not too shabby on the ball either.

BIG DUNK

Tank
What are people's thoughts on the upgrades? I take it Robben and Nesta didn't really make a big difference compared to Muller and Stam?
Good luck in the final!

I think I actually preferred Muller in your attack (fluid off-ball runner and movement) than Robben (who I feel is more optimal in a 4-2-3-1 formation with a classic target-type number 9).

Gullit for Robben would be an upgrade (pressed well for Sacchi's Milan).

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
What are people's thoughts on the upgrades? I take it Robben and Nesta didn't really make a big difference compared to Muller and Stam?
No issues with either player, but I think it’s difficult to make big strides when you’ve already drafted well and are making marginal moves.