Passion

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Swansea were decent. We were never going to put a load past them.
Swansea were exactly how they've been for months - attractive when they have the ball, easy to play through when they're defending.

Fact is, we were never going to run up a cricket score. High scores happen when the team is relaxed - it happens almost intuitively. We lacked composure and were snatching at things because we were trying to hard to run a score up.

Think this thread is poorly timed tbh - we were excellent yesterday, given the circumstances. We put a lot in in the opening 45 and understandably tired after that.

My disappointment is that we don't approach every game like that, instead of our second gear, back foot bollocks. It was fantastic seeing us press so high, win the ball in dangerous positions and look generally threatening in each attack.

What I enjoyed most was seeing Rio and Smalling be so proactive in bringing the ball out from the back.

Our approach was excellent yesterday - it should be he norm, not the exception, because we're forced into it.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Swansea were exactly how they've been for months - attractive when they have the ball, easy to play through when they're defending.

Fact is, we were never going to run up a cricket score. High scores happen when the team is relaxed - it happens almost intuitively. We lacked composure and were snatching at things because we were trying to hard to run a score up.

Think this thread is poorly timed tbh - we were excellent yesterday, given the circumstances. We put a lot in in the opening 45 and understandably tired after that.

My disappointment is that we don't approach every game like that, instead of our second gear, back foot bollocks. It was fantastic seeing us press so high, win the ball in dangerous positions and look generally threatening in each attack.

What I enjoyed most was seeing Rio and Smalling be so proactive in bringing the ball out from the back.

Our approach was excellent yesterday - it should be he norm, not the exception, because we're forced into it.
It was more a build up of months of angst to be honest, I remember saying the exact same thing numerous times last year as well. I think a lot of you are misinterpreting what I meant to say, I didn't mean signing players like Scott fecking Parker or the lack of atmosphere.

It's a hard one to explain, but It's slowly progressed over the years. Gary and Edwin were full of it, always letting the players know the standards and involving the crowd. Giggs and Scholes know what it means to quickly change tempo in a game, Giggs shows it more than anyone in dying stages of games. Sprinting to take corners, free kicks, throw ins.... arguing every decision. We just seem to be so lax and emotionless within the majority of games these days. Strolling around as if we expect to just turn up and grind out another victory.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
It was more a build up of months of angst to be honest, I remember saying the exact same thing numerous times last year as well. I think a lot of you are misinterpreting what I meant to say, I didn't mean signing players like Scott fecking Parker or the lack of atmosphere.

It's a hard one to explain, but It's slowly progressed over the years. Gary and Edwin were full of it, always letting the players know the standards and involving the crowd. Giggs and Scholes know what it means to quickly change tempo in a game, Giggs shows it more than anyone in dying stages of games. Sprinting to take corners, free kicks, throw ins.... arguing every decision. We just seem to be so lax and emotionless within the majority of games these days. Strolling around as if we expect to just turn up and grind out another victory.
Totally agree that we're too pedestrian at times. We don't take the initiative as much any more.

The first 45 yesterday ought to be our benchmark.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Totally agree that we're too pedestrian at times. We don't take the initiative as much any more.

The first 45 yesterday ought to be our benchmark.
The wierd thing is, before Wigan we had quite a settled side and we were actually quite good with taking the initiative as you say. We looked excellent for the majority of most games, only taking our foot off in the last 10 minutes of games. But then Fergie fecked around with it and ever since we've had an ever changing right back, a midfield combo changing and formations all over the place. The players are quite rightly the most culpable here, but the coaching staff have to take a large share of the blame for the last 4 weeks. Just as they should take huge credit for keeping us up there all season with the injuries we've faced.