Pato

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
What's happened to this lad then? He's sensationally gifted. Injuries ruined him?

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
What's happened to this lad then? He's sensationally gifted. Injuries ruined him?
I haven't been following his progress at Corinthians but last I checked, he'd scored 5 in 15 games. Milan are making noises about buying him back this summer since they're short up front and they'd rather bring him back than buy someone new. Pazzini is out for 6 months or so and Berlusconi is adamant Pato's move to Corinthians was temporary.

EvilChuck

I wouldnt say ruined, they have taken a toll on his development though. But he's still young, he's only what, 22, 23? He could spend the next year or 2 nursing his health while playing, and still have 7 or 8 years as a top striker

Brightonian

Is he still 19 then? That always seemed to be his thing, being 19/20 when it seemed like he'd been around more than long enough to be 28.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Cheers lads, from what I saw of him at AC he's absolutely class, though inexperienced and inconsistent as you would expect for his age. He seems to have fallen completely off the European radar though, weirdly, as he was very literally the big thing at one point.

EvilChuck

Is he still 19 then? That always seemed to be his thing, being 19/20 when it seemed like he'd been around more than long enough to be 28.

He was hyped to feck as a teenager though, and probably rushed into first team football because for some reason now people arent happy to let players develop naturally, they are ready to write them off if they arent Messi/Ronaldo by the age of 21

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Yeah, the same asBerlusconi's upcoming prison sentence.
Like that's ever gonna happen. :lol:
Cheers lads, from what I saw of him at AC he's absolutely class, though inexperienced and inconsistent as you would expect for his age. He seems to have fallen completely off the European radar though, weirdly, as he was very literally the big thing at one point.
I expect him to return to Europe eventually and show us why he was considered to be a wonderkid just a few years ago. All he has to do is stay clear of injuries and get a consistent run of games. He's just 23 so he's got his best years ahead of him. Also, dating Berlusconi's daughter should have its perks.

Swaters16

Speaking of not aging, I played one FIFA career mode a couple of years ago where it glitched and he literally didn't age. He was 18 for like 6 seasons straight.

Brightonian

Speaking of not aging, I played one FIFA career mode a couple of years ago where it glitched and he literally didn't age. He was 18 for like 6 seasons straight.
Pretty accurate glitch; it really did feel like that had happened in real life for a while.