Patrice Evra responding to criticism of him after the PSG game | PSG complain to UEFA about Evra

RedCurry

He didn't say faggot, he used a term that only means homosexual. Which is weird from a context standpoint.
How is that better? Calling someone "homosexual" as an insult is still homophobic.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How is that better? Calling someone "homosexual" as an insult is still homophobic.
Who said that it was better, I translated the term, there is no other interpretation to that term.

JPRouve

Scout
Well, it's still pretty stupid to haul him over the coals for it. Looks like PSG are hiding behind the "homophobic" excuse to get even with him for supporting United over them.
That's not what I meant, it's an homophobic terms that you don't really interpret as weak or any other things that people will try to interpret.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

PS) Does Qatar really want a conversation about respect for people's sexual preferences..?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I very much doubt he actually meant they are homosexuals and in some way worse people. The world is improving vastly when it comes to using words with harmful connotations but they won't just disappear overnight.
A term of endearment in his home country, huh?

Seriously though, club legend or not, that's a really shitty word to use. But the double standards from PSG and their owners are laughable.

Fridge chutney

PSG are beyond pathetic.

Double standards and embarrassing. Toys out of the pram from rich spoilt men who always get what they want.

Drainy

"Paris-Saint Germain firmly condemns the homophobic slurs uttered by Patrice Evra against the club, its representatives and its former player (Jérôme Rothen). The words have shocked the heart of this club, which is attached to values of respect and being open with one another.”
I try to hit out at
a little someone who made us bitter
oh Paddy refrain, from breaking our hearts

we're soooo mad at you
being knocked out made us blue
and we got no reason, other than that VAR

that they given goal, that they given goal, that they given goal, that they given goal
nooooooo I hear you laughing, oh Paddy pleeeease, give a little respect toooooo meeeeeee

Giggs86

Plastics San Germain just can't let it go can they? What a pathetic, spineless, irrelevant mercenary club.

Cloud7

Smashing doors....complaining about Evra....are PSG owned by 5 year olds?

caid

Ok I'll be that guy. Why the hell is Evra throwing around homophobic slurs? Club legend or not, I can't stand behind that.

Yeah I love the guy but its poor form. Also feck PSG.

Edit: see that he's already apologised, which is good.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
PSG have nothing worthy of anything for another 14 months. Tear them apart Evra

Sauldogba

Not that i use these words myself but having a phobia of something means you are scared of something. Phobia of spiders,phobia of clowns etc.
Calling someone homosexual does not mean you have a phobia i,e a fear of homosexuals.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What’s wrong with Patrice isn’t allowed to celebrate the victory while Pogba is allowed? Evra has spent his career with United and zero in PSG, and he used to play for Monaco & Marseille. He has tons reasons and the right things to celebrate United’s victory over PSG.

RedCurry

Not that i use these words myself but having a phobia of something means you are scared of something. Phobia of spiders,phobia of clowns etc.
Calling someone homosexual does not mean you have a phobia i,e a fear of homosexuals.
I don’t mean to be mean, but google what that word means. Xenophobia, homophobia, etc. aren’t related to being “scared”.

Micky Targaryen

If the club really are considering to charge one individual because of his comments, they truly are a small time club.

spiriticon

Can a club actually charge a fan in the stadium for misbehaviour?

How many lawsuits would a matchday weekend bring in that case?

JPRouve

Scout
Can a club actually charge a fan in the stadium for misbehaviour?

How many lawsuits would a matchday weekend bring in that case?
Yes they can and they sometimes do when they can prove the actions.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a sad cnuts they are. That defeat really broke them so badly.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I don't think that the context can be an excuse for him then. Playing devil's advocate, but is it different from the whole Suarez debate, when he tried to justify himself with context/translation nuances after the conflict with Evra? Poor form from Patrice.

It is a bit funny that a Qatari-owned club is the one pressing the homophobic charges though.

JohnnyKills

Unacceptable from Evra.

PSG are clearly still sour from the defeat and it's ridiculous that Qatar is trying to portray itself as a champion of LGBT rights.

Doesn't mean Evra hadn't been a total idiot though.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What kind of jurisdiction does the UEFA even have over evra?

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think that the context can be an excuse for him then. Playing devil's advocate, but is it different from the whole Suarez debate, when he tried to justify himself with context/translation nuances after the conflict with Evra? Poor form from Patrice.

It is a bit funny that a Qatari-owned club is the one pressing the homophobic charges though.
There are other terms that have more nuance but this one is fairly limited, it's a pejorative term designating male homosexuals. And I don't really get the context, the whole thing is tasteless and a bit weird, he talks about PSG losing against kids that used to clean his boots and didn't even had sperm yet.

They're just trying to stay relevant. Must be frustrating for PSG when you spend all that money and everyone forgets you even exist apart from your annual last 16 loss.

Cloud7

What kind of jurisdiction does the UEFA even have over evra?
Should be nothing as far as I can see. I don’t think Evra works for anyone or represents any particular organization. He just goes to games of his own accord and posts videos.

Ban him from attending CL matches? :lol:

matt10000

I don't condone what he said but honestly PSG...we had words for this at school 'tell tale', 'snitch', 'grass' spring to mind.

SER19

No condoning evra. This is why hell likely never have a prominent role here despite his love for club.

Separately psg are just embarrassing :lol: