Patrice Evra to fight in a boxing match.....

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The celebrity fight card headlined by Martyn Ford and the 'Iranian Hulk' will feature former footballer Patrice Evra and a number of reality TV stars.

Ford and the 'Iranian Hulk' will clash in a strongman fight is considered the heaviest in boxing history.

The event will take place at The O2 arena in London on April 2 and will be hosted by celebrity boxing promotion label Boxstar.

Patrice Evra vs TBC
Patrice Evra will make his boxing debut on the undercard of Martyn Ford's heavyweight clash with the Iranian Hulk.

The former Man United defender won the UEFA Champions League during his time at the club in addition to five Premier League titles during a dominant era for the Red Devils.

The French star has trained in the boxing ring previously and has been seen hitting pads since retiring from football in July 2019.

His opponent is yet to be confirmed on the card but is expected to be the co-feature on the night against a sizeable name.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/martyn-ford-iranian-hulk-undercard-26098880

Chipper

Adulterer.
"The celebrity fight card headlined by Martyn Ford and the 'Iranian Hulk"

Disrespectful to Pat. Never head of those and having just checked Evra has a bigger social media following than both put together. He's the headliner here.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
First Rio and now Uncle Pat. Hopefully Uncle Pat remembers what happened to Rooney when he got the idea he might be able to box a bit.

InfiniteBoredom

First Rio and now Uncle Pat. Hopefully Uncle Pat remembers what happened to Rooney when he got the idea he might be able to box a bit.
Tbf Rooney got twatted by an actual boxer, Pat will just be clowning around with someone equally shite and get paid handsomely for that.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Tbf Rooney got twatted by an actual boxer, Pat will just be clowning around with someone equally shite and get paid handsomely for that.
Nah, it was Burnley defender Phil Bardsley who put Waynes on his arse. Unless Bardsley has some pedigree in boxing that I don't know of.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Stadjer

Didn't you guys pay him enough?
Is it ever enough for a football player? Evra goes boxing and John Terry does crypto stuff and i bet both arent doing it for free. Although in Evra his case it might be for the attention more than for money. Evra could live without money but not without attention. Why else eat a raw chicken?

marktan

Amazes me that they don't consider the damage boxing does to the head. Would you rather a little bit of extra money or the opportunity to not get dementia 10-20 years earlier than you'd like? Pat's already 40 ffs.

Dan_F

Nah, it was Burnley defender Phil Bardsley who put Waynes on his arse. Unless Bardsley has some pedigree in boxing that I don't know of.
He has boxed a lot according to the interview he gave the United podcast. You can kind of of tell by the head feint and circling of the feet that he’s not a complete novice.

Charlie Foley

"The celebrity fight card headlined by Martyn Ford and the 'Iranian Hulk"

Disrespectful to Pat. Never head of those and having just checked Evra has a bigger social media following than both put together. He's the headliner here.
Honestly I want to see that Iranian hulk guy moving about . His Instagram looks really weird, like all the photos are shopped, but I don’t think they are, and it used to be him posting photos with really unappetising looking food

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Is it ever enough for a football player? Evra goes boxing and John Terry does crypto stuff and i bet both arent doing it for free. Although in Evra his case it might be for the attention more than for money. Evra could live without money but not without attention. Why else eat a raw chicken?
Amazes me that they don't consider the damage boxing does to the head. Would you rather a little bit of extra money or the opportunity to not get dementia 10-20 years earlier than you'd like? Pat's already 40 ffs.
Plenty of 40+ year olds take up white collar boxing for reasons that have nothing to do with money or attention. It’s good to have a challenge at that age. Especially one that involves getting as physically fit as possible. And they won’t have half as much free time to kill as Evra does.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Gazautd18

Thanks for that. I’m depressed now. I remember that goal as being nothing special. But when was the last time the useless shower of shite we have up front scored an individual goal of similar quality?

Thinking about it, the closest would probably be Jesse Lingard! Christ on a bike :(
Oh God.
I came in this thread to get away from "other things" an now I'm depressed as well! :lol:

marktan

Plenty of 40+ year olds take up white collar boxing for reasons that have nothing to do with money or attention. It’s good to have a challenge at that age. Especially one that involves getting as physically fit as possible. And they won’t have half as much free time to kill as Evra does.
Boxing without sparring I can agree with, it's a great workout. But repeatedly getting hit in the head as a sport? No thank you.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Boxing without sparring I can agree with, it's a great workout. But repeatedly getting hit in the head as a sport? No thank you.
I think if you’re sensible about the intensity of the sparring there’s not much to worry about. I did it for a while in my late 30s and never had my bell rung too badly. I never competed though.

In fact, a physio I was seeing recently told me that competitive white collar boxing is one of the most stupid things you can do. The match-making is terrible so you have really mismatched bouts and if you haven’t done a lot of sparring apparently your neck muscles are so weak that a relatively light blow can give your brain a serious rattle.

So I’m kind of undermining my point!

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Don't do it Pat, it'll be shite and someone will get hurt.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s already too late for his head, he’s already stark raving mad