Patrick Bamford to Manchester United?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedHearted

I’m more so asking opinion on it, I don’t have a link so perhaps this shouldn’t be in the transfer thread. Instead it’s more so a discussion about whether or not you would want the transfer.

He’s got a great attitude imo. Video below proves it and seems to really benefited from Bielsa. The Proven to be capable in the league, of course on the wrong side age wise but what’s the number and contract you would deem feasible? Even if he deems effective till 31 could work. I know we all want Haaland but may be a good piece of business. Clearly would be less than Kane or Calvert-Lewin.

I also could understand us waiting another half season to see how he kicks off next season.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Where’s your link?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He only has a year left on his contract in June. He is a realistic target if we want him.

Deery

Dreary
Was actually thinking about this myself the other day if he could keep playing the same standard it wouldn’t be a bad signing at all.

Red00012

He frustrates the life out of Leeds supporters , the caf would love him I’m sure :eek:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He seems to score plenty, but that's because Leeds are such a rampant attacking force at times.

He'd quickly look well off the pace here.

NoPace

He seems to score plenty, but that's because Leeds are such a rampant attacking force at times.

He'd quickly look well off the pace here.
Prefer Ings myself if we're talking about mid-table 9s who are maybe running their contracts down, but the case for Bamford is that he's elite at creating chances, so the question is how much of that is him and how much is Bielsa and his teammates. It's hard to know cuz Bamford never misses games. Like we have a sense of how good Rodrigo is, but until he gets 10 games as a 9 I have no idea how much of Bamford getting on the end of crosses so often is him and how much is Bielsa and his teammates.

He'll probably just stay on Leeds, probably don't have to ruin their wage structure to pay him whatever Rodrigo is on.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Classic case of an alright striker being in a team that creates a bucketload of chances. He'll inevitably knock a few in, but I reckon if you put say Tammy Abraham in that side it wouldn't perform much different and no one would want us to sign him either.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Was actually thinking about this myself the other day if he could keep playing the same standard it wouldn’t be a bad signing at all.
Misses a flurry of sitters every single game. Caf would hate him.

binary bot
We've been biding our time with loan signings and stopgaps to ensure we get the right long term world class striker. Imagine it was Bamford.

davidmichael

I’d rather play Martial every game and continue kicking things round my front room in frustration as Bamford is a one season wonder and even in saying that he’s not been an actual wonder, he’s levels below what we have.

Deery

Dreary
Misses a flurry of sitters every single game. Caf would hate him.
So did Andy Cole, if he scores it would be soon looked past.

Say if he only cost £10-15m it would be decent business, he’s scored some crackers this season..

Of course I’d want Haaland though.

RedDevil@84

No please. If we sign a striker, he should be of very high quality and guaranteed goals. Anyone who has watched Bamford can see he scores only occasionally, despite Leeds playing all or nothing game. He misses quite a few every game as well.

We do not want another occasional striker. We already have two.

Ekeke

I’m more so asking opinion on it, I don’t have a link so perhaps this shouldn’t be in the transfer thread. Instead it’s more so a discussion about whether or not you would want the transfer.

He’s got a great attitude imo. Video below proves it and seems to really benefited from Bielsa. The Proven to be capable in the league, of course on the wrong side age wise but what’s the number and contract you would deem feasible? Even if he deems effective till 31 could work. I know we all want Haaland but may be a good piece of business. Clearly would be less than Kane or Calvert-Lewin.

I also could understand us waiting another half season to see how he kicks off next season.

So you've decided that having a good attitude is all it takes for us to sign a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.