Paul Pogba - Juventus player

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
I refuse to believe this story. He has been randomly tested before at United and not been found with any subtances, why would he risk doping now?

I dont believe this, someone has set him up.
Mate, he was never that good. Let it go for heaven's sake

Red00012

He missed the majority of last season bar 2/3 games and looks like he’ll miss this season also. What a fall from grace

Strats

Imagine if he was still our player and this happened with everything else going on at the club.

As someone else stated; Glad he's not our problem anymore.

Scampi

Im saying based on his history there is no indication he would deliberately cheat.

The burden of proof is on the accusers. To prove he took it intentionally and till now no evidence has been put forward by anyone. Im not discounting the possibilty of him using this substance knowingly but nobody has certainty of that so why jump to that conclusion?

Theyre saying a statement is expected soon from Juventus and Pogba so things should become clear very soon.
The burden of proof is not on the accusers in cases like this. The burden is on the player to make sure that nothing they eat or drink contains banned substances.

jesperjaap

I remember when he fell out with Jose reading an old Conte quote from during his time at Juve saying Pogba needed to take more defensive responsibility and to stop switching off during games. Exactly the same thing Jose was trying to get out of him. He had the physique to be the second coming of Yaya Toure as a box to box. Even someone less silky and playing further forward like Lampard worked back way way harder for the team than him and put up much bigger numbers. He was prepared to play the simple fast pass to keep the play moving. Pogba couldn’t reliably run a game as a 6 and couldn’t or wouldn’t bother to get up and down like an 8. He wanted or needed a free role to pull off the odd bit of nice skill. If only he had the desire to refine his game he could have been a beast.

That class of players, Pogba Lingard Morrison etc could have been great but they were all about the flash and their own brand in the end.
COmpletely agree on the first paragraph, the other two players, personally always thought Lingard was over rated though he was held in high regard as a youth, thought his movement was fantastic the rest was just decent personally and Morrison I think was his lifestyle off the pitch, the frist two you could say the lifestyle on the pitch was wrong too.

Funny you compare him to Toure as a few post comparing him to ZIdane ability wise which I think is nonsense personally....the one thing he did have of Zidanes was the physicality, as I remember Roy Keane saying before and people often forget about ZIdane, the guy was naturally built and strong as an ox, hard enough to knock off the ball physically let alone his wonderful touch, balance etc etc, Pogba was talented but he was never anywhere near Sidane ability wise

jesperjaap

His 1st season was good with us, then were was a period of 10 or so games just after Ole took over where Pogba was immense. I was actually looking forward to the games just so see him strut his stuff. Unfortunately for him, injuries have taken their toll on his body. It was after that hamstring injury he had, he just never looked the same with his weird running style.
The sad thing is minus the injury part you mention, which I dont agree with personally anyway, Pogba is maybe the biggest culprit, but could edit your post and change to so so many of our talented players over the last decade. All the wqy back to DiMaria, Martial, Lukaku being obvious examples. I wont even name some others and players we have bought through the academy that I feel the same about but its a tough read looking through our transfer history and players brougth through over the last decade as it isnt just all poor signings and flops, so many of the more talented players have been here for me have been massively over hyped considering they have probably only been immense 15-20 times over a few seasons like Pogba.

The lack of consistency over several seasons under several managers by the vast majority of our players even talented ones is pretty shocking really

RVN1991

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Sounds like a nice and well liked guy by all accounts, he's just not a serious footballer and has relied on his natural talent forever, now that his body has broken down he's nowhere near what he was 4/5 years ago.

ForeverRed1

Dont get me wrong, he had all the tools to be a fantastic player and I agree something missing that stopped that, but he definately didnt have the levels of abklity of Zidane, not even close.

One aspect I havent noticd anybody mention I wonder if had an affect on his career is Raiola as his agent? I do wonder if the arrogance, self belief and almost feeling of priveliged to be one of the best in the world, which despite his talent and a couple of his trophies.......he never was....was this fuelled by Raiolo partly? I mean we have read about wht he ssaid with Pogba during his time here and it was pretty toxic, arrogant and deluded.

People saying "oh what could have been", with this recent episode, go back to when he left us first time round and the initial plaudits he got in Serie A.

I was excited when we resigned him, got a bit carried away on the fanfare of his early promise here and how good people said he was at Juventus.......but I watched him maybe 10-15 times for Juventus in his first spell and maybe I watched the wrogn games, but he never consistently seemed great there to me.

Think in terms of performance he has been one of the most over rated players ever.I even though his infamous world cup he was maassively over hyped, was very good, but certainly not brilliant or an amazing leader after a couple of huddles.

Glad he finally left here, should have been sold long before he walked for nothing. Cost us a fortune in wages and fees, he was talented, but ZIdane abilities, never for me
Ability and natural talent only get you so far. In someone like Zidane those traits we mention made him as good as he was. They elevated him to be great. Pogba didn’t have those attributes so he never got close to zidane.. but imagine him as a mentality monster with drive and focus, the desire to be the greatest. He genuinely could have been a force to be reckoned with. It’s easy to say though I guess. There’s a few players I can think of that wasted as much talent as him, despite having a very good career with a World Cup to boot, he could have done way way more.

imagine neymar didn’t sell out with psg and had messi/Ronaldo level application, he could of genuinely of been as good as them.. but he didn’t, so he wasn’t. It’s all easy to say in hindsight I guess.

RVN1991

Dont get me wrong, he had all the tools to be a fantastic player and I agree something missing that stopped that, but he definately didnt have the levels of abklity of Zidane, not even close.

One aspect I havent noticd anybody mention I wonder if had an affect on his career is Raiola as his agent? I do wonder if the arrogance, self belief and almost feeling of priveliged to be one of the best in the world, which despite his talent and a couple of his trophies.......he never was....was this fuelled by Raiolo partly? I mean we have read about wht he ssaid with Pogba during his time here and it was pretty toxic, arrogant and deluded.

People saying "oh what could have been", with this recent episode, go back to when he left us first time round and the initial plaudits he got in Serie A.

I was excited when we resigned him, got a bit carried away on the fanfare of his early promise here and how good people said he was at Juventus.......but I watched him maybe 10-15 times for Juventus in his first spell and maybe I watched the wrogn games, but he never consistently seemed great there to me.

Think in terms of performance he has been one of the most over rated players ever.I even though his infamous world cup he was maassively over hyped, was very good, but certainly not brilliant or an amazing leader after a couple of huddles.

Glad he finally left here, should have been sold long before he walked for nothing. Cost us a fortune in wages and fees, he was talented, but ZIdane abilities, never for me
Yeah the Zidane comparison is crazy. He was skilled for a guy with his size but Zidane was on another level skill wise and consistency especially in big games. He was faster than Zidane and that's really it.

lex talionis

What more is there to say about the man? He had all the skills but at some point in his life his head was fekked. Yes, he can forever hold his head high with club and national team cups in his hand but the moment he came back to United he was a mess.

jesperjaap

Ability and natural talent only get you so far. In someone like Zidane those traits we mention made him as good as he was. They elevated him to be great. Pogba didn’t have those attributes so he never got close to zidane.. but imagine him as a mentality monster with drive and focus, the desire to be the greatest. He genuinely could have been a force to be reckoned with. It’s easy to say though I guess. There’s a few players I can think of that wasted as much talent as him, despite having a very good career with a World Cup to boot, he could have done way way more.

imagine neymar didn’t sell out with psg and had messi/Ronaldo level application, he could of genuinely of been as good as them.. but he didn’t, so he wasn’t. It’s all easy to say in hindsight I guess.
I agree he had the tools and physical attributes to be a fantastic player, just find the comparisons ability wise to Zidane nuts.

Even sasying that though, all the talk of his lack of application and mentality eyc holding him back from being such a great player.....it wasnt just that, he did lack football intelligence reading the game and positioning wise, despite playing under some great defensive managers. So I would dispute it was only mentality stopped him being such a great as the likes of Keane and Viera for example both had that, wasnt just there fantastic mentality, they were both intelligent and technically sound players. Pogba didnt "have it all" in terms of ability as some say for me, he was lacking in that area which added to the other issues and compounded that weakness in his game

stevoc

A sad end to what should have been a stellar career. Pogba has no interest in football or playing within a team structure.

RedOrange

I refuse to believe this story. He has been randomly tested before at United and not been found with any subtances, why would he risk doping now?

I dont believe this, someone has set him up.
Athletes aged 30+ recovering from injuries probably have the most to gain from using PEDs. It helps them regain fitness faster and to a higher level.

TheLord

A sad end to what should have been a stellar career. Pogba has no interest in football or playing within a team structure.
The most overrated purchase in all my time of watching United, particularly if you factor in the number of years we wasted trying to build a team around him, in addition to crippling our transfer strategy with his humongous fee and ridiculous wages, relative to his performances.

Stadjer

The most overrated purchase in all my time of watching United, particularly if you factor in the number of years we wasted trying to build a team around him, in addition to crippling our transfer strategy with his humongous fee and ridiculous wages, relative to his performances.
We tried to build around him? He needs someone next to him to do the defensive stuff and we only got Casemiro after Pogba left. I dont think Matic was bought to compliment Pogba but more because Mourinho always buys Matic. Also dont think Matic is the type of player you want next to Pogba.

I still think he was good in his earlier Manchester United years. He dropped off a bit later and then when the injuries started to become a major problem it was over.

SAFMUTD

We've done a lot of things wrong in the past years but letting Pogba go wasnt one of them. Im glad he's somebody elses problem.

Jeffthered

I agree. Pogba lost his way, simple as that. Too much praise, endorsement, and too little humility. He could have gone the Messi, Modric, CR7 (aside from post-Juve career..) route, just keep his head down and show the world how brilliant and consistent you are. Wasted a generational gift of talent, and that's such a shame.

Paul Pogba could have been the best footballer of his generation. No doubt about that. When focused, he made the game look easy, against any opposition for either club or country. And young people, aspiring young players simply adored him. A sponsors dream.

He strolled through that 2018 WC with France, couldn't touch him. He scored 22 in a season when we were rubbish, he was distracted with questionable attitude, Mourinho blaming him for everything, and surrounded by Lukaku and Lindgard.

A shame.

Bestie07

Was my favorite player to watch for a while. Capable of almost anything, but was always looking for a way out of here and alienated the fans in the process. Such a stupid person really, being such a mercurial player but being able to p*ss off the fans of the club you spent a decade at.

clarkydaz

I agree. Pogba lost his way, simple as that. Too much praise, endorsement, and too little humility. He could have gone the Messi, Modric, CR7 (aside from post-Juve career..) route, just keep his head down and show the world how brilliant and consistent you are. Wasted a generational gift of talent, and that's such a shame.

Paul Pogba could have been the best footballer of his generation. No doubt about that. When focused, he made the game look easy, against any opposition for either club or country. And young people, aspiring young players simply adored him. A sponsors dream.

He strolled through that 2018 WC with France, couldn't touch him. He scored 22 in a season when we were rubbish, he was distracted with questionable attitude, Mourinho blaming him for everything, and surrounded by Lukaku and Lindgard.

A shame.
The club treated him like a king and bent over for him all his time here, and still tried to keep him at the end. for him to be still insulted by it. Absolutely mental what this club has become

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Potential 4 year ban if found guilty. Football career surely over

Marwood

I said it at the time bit he came back for the start of season(can't remember now exsctly which one) and his physique had changed. The lanky, lean build had gone and he was now bulky.

Was never the same player and I think that's where the injury issues started.

Take a look at photos of his last season at Juve compared to his last season with us. Very different.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t think saying Pogba had ability similar to Zidane is that crazy. He obviously didn’t make anywhere near the same impact from it but on our ability he’s in the top 5 Utd players I’ve ever seen. Some of the stuff he could do with the ball was genuinely insane.

Stadjer

I doubt that will happen. Onana his max suspension when he was a Ajax player was also 4 years. Onana eventually got a 12 months suspension which was reduced to 9 months. Pogba and Juventus laywers will claim it was an accident and that he never took anything before. No way he will get a 4 year ban.

Hammondo

I don’t think saying Pogba had ability similar to Zidane is that crazy. He obviously didn’t make anywhere near the same impact from it but on our ability he’s in the top 5 Utd players I’ve ever seen. Some of the stuff he could do with the ball was genuinely insane.
I think they are very different players with very different skill sets.

For ability I wouldn't put him in the top 5 players.

SAFMUTD

No player gets the full 4 years normally they get one year as they all argue it was an accident, the doctor messed up or something.

Still after not playing due to injury for a whole year plus another one due to suspension is going to be really hard for him to get back to top level performances. I don't know if Juventus can rescind the contract due to doping issues or not but after rumours of them willing to let Pogba leave for free I don't think they'll keep him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You know who ruined his career? his agent. Wrong agent for the wrong person.

Canagel

Athletes aged 30+ recovering from injuries probably have the most to gain from using PEDs. It helps them regain fitness faster and to a higher level.
The latest is that he took a supplement in Miami advised by a doctor friend of his without knowing what it contained. Its unfortunate.

He will get a reduced ban if his lawyers can prove it was not intentional but its clear he didnt take it knowingly or that it was a set up by the club as I predicted.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Pogba still has to take some responsibility, Raiola had other clients and they still had a good career.
Indeed that's why he's the wrong agent for him. Pogba was a puppet to Raiola for his big transfer commission fees. Other players who weren't affected didn't have as much interest in public image as Pogba, or were actually mature adults who could control their own career path. Zlatan was having none of Raiola's bullshit, he only played along if he didn't have a future at the club anymore.