Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

El Zoido

Bye bye. Can this circus finally leave town please? Get a good price for him and never think of him again. The only thing Pogba has consistently done in his United career is disappoint fans. Even when he was playing well for France, there was an element if “why can’t you do that for United?”

He’s the definition of a luxury player. You see flashes of brilliance and are left hoping he can produce that week in week out but he generally looks apathetic, and you always got the sense that he was playing for his own brand rather than the team.

I hope we never deal with that shitbag Raiola again. Not even for Haaland. PSG will be perfect for him. Lower pressure league where he can showboat all he wants and be surrounded by the arrogant glitz and glamour of Neymar and Mbappe. I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll have some back handed shit to talk after he’s left too.
Pretty much, though I actually do really like Pogba a lot. He’s a super player on his day, but he’s definitely never quite been the player we wanted him to be. In five years when we reflect back on his (second) time at United, it’ll mostly be in negative terms, I’m sure of that. And there’s absolutely no doubt that we can be a better side without him, if (big caveat), we can replace him with a more appropriate player for the role.

Red Daz

I’m indifferent about him leaving , which says it all, when he’s good he’s great to watch it just doesn’t happen often enough unfortunately, multiple managers, 5 years and still miffed as to why it hasn’t worked .

Hopefully a blessing in disguise if he leaves, freshen things up

Reactions: Rolandofgilead

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
It really feels like this is the summer that he goes. Love Pogba as a player, but if he wants to go then there is no point in delaying the inevitable when he can walk out for free in a year. He also hasn't done enough to warrant a crazy contract offer with us. Let him go and invest the funds back into the team. I'd use the money to fund a move for Rice or Bassouma.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Pogba played the same position as Bruno here quite a lot before Bruno arrived. As usual he was inconsistent in the role like he is in every other role.
He really didn't. Bruno plays as a #10, playing as close (or closer) to our attackers as he does to the midfield.

Pogba did play in a midfield three more often than some remember, but that midfield tended to include the likes of Fellaini or Lingard so Pogba still ended up playing in a deeper midfield role because he was the only one capable of doing any build-up out of the back. About the only time that wasn't the case was when we played Matic-Herrera behind him, which allowed him to push into a more advanced role closer to how Bruno plays. It also happened to coincide with the best he's ever played for us. Actually there was also the Carrick-Herrera combo in 16/17, but that only lasted a small period of time before Mourinho played the aging Carrick into the ground.

As much hate as the current McFred midfield gets, the sad thing is that it's probably the second best midfield we've had in the last five years to actually allow Pogba to play the role he probably should have been playing the entire time. If we hadn't signed Bruno and had been playing Pogba in that role ahead of McFred over the last 18 months, I think there's a fair chance that he would have (when he was fit at least) had his best sustained run of form. But we did sign Bruno and he instantly become the fulcrum of our side, so the position isn't available for Pogba.

ghagua

Oh right.
OK, go on and try and explain what Pogba has brought to the team in the 5 years that he has had been here? No one will even remember who Pogba is in a few years other than the transfer fee that we paid for him. You need an example of a player who makes a difference, look at RVP. That team was no great shake, but he dragged that team to the league title. He will be remembered for that alone.

When Pogba leaves, you will be singing a different tune and slagging him off.

Danillaco

At this stage, if we could sell Pogba and fund Goretzka and Sabitzer for reasonable prices, I think we would be better.

podurban2

Realistically, how much can we get for him? Not like he will sign a new contract so PSG will have all the power (and Mino) in negotiations?

Idxomer

Looks like it will happen with Ducker reporting on it.

They need to sign his replacement quickly before the start of the season which is unlikely.

copen1945

It seems the likely scenario is that Pogba would see out his contract and join the Dutch agent's players at PSG. Haaland would be along for the ride, as well.

Mainoldo

Where was Pogba played before Bruno came? You saying he never played the position that Bruno takes for us?
False 9 number 10? When did he play that role. Enough chat just tell me when that was.

Someone said it with their chest so just tell me what I missed.

Mainoldo

OK, go on and try and explain what Pogba has brought to the team in the 5 years that he has had been here? No one will even remember who Pogba is in a few years other than the transfer fee that we paid for him. You need an example of a player who makes a difference, look at RVP. That team was no great shake, but he dragged that team to the league title. He will be remembered for that alone.

When Pogba leaves, you will be singing a different tune and slagging him off.
I hardly doubt Paul Pogba will be a player forgotten about. It’s Paul Pogba.

I just don’t get why he’s hated so much. Sorry yes I do.

Coops73

Bye bye. Can this circus finally leave town please? Get a good price for him and never think of him again. The only thing Pogba has consistently done in his United career is disappoint fans. Even when he was playing well for France, there was an element if “why can’t you do that for United?”

He’s the definition of a luxury player. You see flashes of brilliance and are left hoping he can produce that week in week out but he generally looks apathetic, and you always got the sense that he was playing for his own brand rather than the team.

I hope we never deal with that shitbag Raiola again. Not even for Haaland. PSG will be perfect for him. Lower pressure league where he can showboat all he wants and be surrounded by the arrogant glitz and glamour of Neymar and Mbappe. I’ll bet my bottom dollar he’ll have some back handed shit to talk after he’s left too.
Amen brother.

Nick7

I don’t really care either way. He’s not been good enough that we should give him a ridiculous wage. I would hope he either signs a new contract or we sell him. Anything but letting him walk for free.

Sylar

False 9 number 10? When did he play that role. Enough chat just tell me when that was.

Someone said it with their chest so just tell me what I missed.
Bruno is a false 9 number 10? What?

Bruno plays either behind the striker / ahead of the two when we go 4231 or part of the three in midfield in an advanced role when we got 433 (as we did with matic/Pogba/Bruno). And then top of diamond when we got 442 diamond or the hybrid we had with 4 midfielders.

Pogba has played every single one of those roles for United. He played the advanced part of the three when we had Herrera/Matic/Pogba.
He played part of the 2 when we went 4231 as well as the left of the three and middle of the three.

Are you saying hes never done that for United? Or are you just saying that all Bruno does is play as a second striker (or false 9 number 10 or whatever youve just made up)

Skills

Snitch
Where was Pogba played before Bruno came? You saying he never played the position that Bruno takes for us?
I remember him playing the deepest of 3 behind Lingard/Pereira/Mata with the McSaucer doing his best Stevie Me impression and bombing forward whenever he could (without producing anything in the final third of course).

Mainoldo

Bruno is a false 9 number 10? What?

Bruno plays either behind the striker / ahead of the two when we go 4231 or part of the three in midfield in an advanced role when we got 433 (as we did with matic/Pogba/Bruno). And then top of diamond when we got 442 diamond or the hybrid we had with 4 midfielders.

Pogba has played every single one of those roles for United. He played the advanced part of the three when we had Herrera/Matic/Pogba.
He played part of the 2 when we went 4231 as well as the left of the three and middle of the three.

Are you saying hes never done that for United? Or are you just saying that all Bruno does is play as a second striker (or false 9 number 10 or whatever youve just made up)
Can you just answer the flipping question. We current play 4231. Bruno plays as a 10 infront of a double pivot.

When did Pogba do that?

Canagel

Most through balls - didn't realise the meaning of most means 3rd.
https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_through_ball

Also in the last 2 seasons, its proved factually that the team does better without Pogba in the team than him in the team.

Well done to him, he was Europa league player of the year, lets all go celebrate that. What has he done in a Manutd shirt in the CL - yep feck all.

Even if it's not 1 purple patch, its a maximum of 2 in 5 years for a player who is paid close to 300k a week.
Thank you.

SATA

Think he will be gone. We’ll get Neves as a replacement. An inferior player obviously but if he fits perfectly into the system Ole wants to play, I don’t see why it will be a complete downgrade

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Think we will accept around £40-50m by the end of the window.

OverratedOpinion

Think he will be gone. We’ll get Neves as a replacement. An inferior player obviously but if he fits perfectly into the system Ole wants to play, I don’t see why it will be a complete downgrade
More than likely this, I hope it is Saul rather than Neves but I think it is a pretty good shout.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Wait, is Raiola even allowed to discuss personal terms with PSG for Pogba while he is legally contracted to United? Or am I reading this wrong?
He is to the same extent that we've been allowed to discuss terms with Varane while he is legally contracted to Madrid. Which is to say not at all but obviously it's still gonna happen.

SATA

Wait, is Raiola even allowed to discuss personal terms with PSG for Pogba while he is legally contracted to United? Or am I reading this wrong?
Same reason why United probably approach Goretzka’s people with a new contract. I know that’s not how transfers used to work but seem like it’s the norm these days

Fooza

Was so hyped when he joined, but really he needs to go asap.

Bring in the money, it just hasn't worked out and the circus will finally be over.

pascell

Think we will accept around £40-50m by the end of the window.
Think at the end of the window it would be much lower, £20-30m. January he can sign a pre contract and we receive nothing, again. Now I'd take £40m and run, put it towards a quality DM and get us functioning as a unit properly, instead of shoehorning players in positions they clearly aren't comfortable playing.