Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

redshaw

Sounds like the casual accommodating nature of the club is changing, it's time to get to work and if if don't want to then you can go.

Borys

Statistics Wizard

…..what a way to fecking bring some standards back to the club and not give a shit about begging and pleading to any player regardless of who it is. And this is coming from a Pogba fan. Just a great way to set the record straight for all current players at the club and any future players + said agents.

No more having to offer outrageous £300k+ wages just to retain players that aren’t keen on staying. This is the United way. SAF will be most definitely proud. He had a similar standard and used it with players that are many times the player/talent and fame of any current players on the team. This is proper authority and respect for the club, simple as that. In the past, if players felt they were special like on some sort of pedestal with management/managers having to cater to them — it won’t be the case anymore. They can pack their ego and their bags because no more such treatment will be had. Things will be laid out straight with Rangnick spearheading the club and it’ll be as simple as agreeing to be on board or see yourself at the door.

Loving this!!! :drool::drool:
Interesting that Ralf is already talking from higher position than a regular coach, who would've said something like "we will see what the future brings, let's focus on next game bla bla".
That is great to hear. He is the Boss.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Should put him in the reserves for the remainder of the season and let him out the back door in the summer.

KingCavani

One of the biggest missed opportunities of the last few years was not giving Jose the go ahead to sell Pogba and Martial. Cost the club at least £100m.

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
One of the biggest missed opportunities of the last few years was not giving Jose the go ahead to sell Pogba and Martial. Cost the club at least £100m.

I actually don’t mind how that whole saga played out with José and the power-trip which he ultimately was not given as the club chose to back the players instead of him

mainly because he would’ve bought in some over-the-hill players who at this current moment have clearly fell off a cliff form wise/way past their prime. At least Pogba and Martial were able to help bridge the gap the past couple years under Ole. If not them and some dinosaurs Mourinho brought instead, that’s 2 more negative value / dead weight players the club would have to move on from. And Ole already did a thorough sweep of the roster as is. We’d be in a much worse position now if Ole didn’t have those 2 players imho. They were serviceable to him and helped us get to this point…intentionally or not.

KingCavani

I actually don’t mind how that whole saga played out with José and the power-trip which he ultimately was not given as the club chose to back the players instead of him

mainly because he would’ve bought in some over-the-hill players who at this current moment have clearly fell off a cliff form wise/way past their prime. At least Pogba and Martial were able to help bridge the gap the past couple years under Ole. If not them and some dinosaurs Mourinho brought instead, that’s 2 more negative value / dead weight players the club would have to move on from. And Ole already did a thorough sweep of the roster as is. We’d be in a much worse position now if Ole didn’t have those 2 players imho. They were serviceable to him and helped us get to this point…intentionally or not.
Ole did nothing. We still have a squad filled with trash. Mata, Lingard, Jones etc stealing a wage.

And who would we have signed? The only guy we know he wanted for sure was Perisic who has done nothing but win everything in football since. Would have been a brilliant addition to the squad.

Some of the anti-Jose stuff is so extreme that people can’t admit when he was clearly right. We backed those players and all they did was let down the next manager.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some of the anti-Jose stuff is so extreme
Not enough, shame he has too many fans who can't wait to bring 'How Jose was right all the time" nonsense.

Also like @CanadianUtd said, good that club sided with players (don't think that was the case anyways). We had enough deadwood, would have been hilariously shit squad with players like Perisic, willian, Toby, Dier, Rose, Godin/Boateng if he got all the players he wanted. Maybe Sanchez would have been regular too.

KingCavani

Not enough, shame he has too many fans who can't wait to bring 'How Jose was right all the time" nonsense.

Also like @CanadianUtd said, good that club sided with players (don't think that was the case anyways). We had enough deadwood, would have been hilariously shit squad with players like Perisic, willian, Toby, Dier, Rose, Godin/Boateng if he got all the players he wanted. Maybe Sanchez would have been regular too.
"Like Perisic" - Embarrassing.

:lol:

Let's look at what Perisic has done since then:

FIFA World Cup runner-up: 2018

Bundesliga: 2019–20

DFB-Pokal: 2019–20

UEFA Champions League: 2019–20

Serie A: 2020–21

Has probably been Inter's best player this season. Meanwhile Martial has won literally nothing, has been basically banished from the international squad and demands a transfer less than two weeks into a new regime with the striker position there for the taking. He is a professional disgrace and the fact that our fans still defend him in any sense is laughable.

Pogba is about to leave on a free. We'll be lucky to get a fee for Martial. Woodward bottled it.

Herman Toothrot

Has probably been Inter's best player this season. Meanwhile Martial has won literally nothing, has been basically banished from the international squad and demands a transfer less than two weeks into a new regime with the striker position there for the taking. He is a professional disgrace and the fact that our fans still defend him in any sense is laughable.

Pogba is about to leave on a free. We'll be lucky to get a fee for Martial. Woodward bottled it.
Look what Jose has won.

The guy was done. A miserable malcontent. A right cnut too how should never have dirtied the name of Manchester United.

feck that guy.

BorisManUtd

Not that I dislike Pogba but if he leaves in 6 months, I'll be relieved. Too many rumours going on for years, it's exhausting. He'll be able to negotiate with other clubs from next month so perhaps best outcome would be if he agrees a move somewhere else and helps us get top 4 in his last few months at United. We won't get a fee for him but at least it would mean to part ways without any drama.

Max_United

Well under Ole we ended chasing 31 year old Trippier for the same position that we bought a player for 50m unser him :) Not defending Jose, he was bad, but we will see the results of "squad building under Ole" in a couple of years when we go through another round of "deadwood shifting". It is only now in hindsight people say that Jose's squad was crap, at the time Ole took over the prevailing opinion of the squad was more positive.

Anyway, to Pogba - a competent manager would either help him realize full potential or sell them. Under Ole we justed kicked the can down the road as we did with many other players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Someone just read wiki stats and somehow thinks team winning = player is awesome. Next we have to sign Coutinho, he won 2 league titles with Barca, Treble with Bayern, Copa America with Brazil. Both are bench players, just like Jesus is not awesome for winning 3 or 4 PL titles now.

This has nothing to do with Martial and good that you picked only Perisic from that list, shows how shit your argument was.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

…..what a way to fecking bring some standards back to the club and not give a shit about begging and pleading to any player regardless of who it is. And this is coming from a Pogba fan. Just a great way to set the record straight for all current players at the club and any future players + said agents.

No more having to offer outrageous £300k+ wages just to retain players that aren’t keen on staying. This is the United way. SAF will be most definitely proud. He had a similar standard and used it with players that are many times the player/talent and fame of any current players on the team. This is proper authority and respect for the club, simple as that. In the past, if players felt they were special like on some sort of pedestal with management/managers having to cater to them — it won’t be the case anymore. They can pack their ego and their bags because no more such treatment will be had. Things will be laid out straight with Rangnick spearheading the club and it’ll be as simple as agreeing to be on board or see yourself at the door.

According to an article I read RR was close to signing for arsenal after Wenger but got pissed when they resigned Ozil. I don’t think he takes very nicely to wastes of talent on high wages. I think Pogba will go but to who? His options are drying up fast, no Juve, no Bayern

golden_blunder

Staff
Ole did nothing. We still have a squad filled with trash. Mata, Lingard, Jones etc stealing a wage.

And who would we have signed? The only guy we know he wanted for sure was Perisic who has done nothing but win everything in football since. Would have been a brilliant addition to the squad.

Some of the anti-Jose stuff is so extreme that people can’t admit when he was clearly right. We backed those players and all they did was let down the next manager.
Can we please stop with this nonsense about Jones stealing a wage? What do you expect him to do? He’s trying to get himself fit again after almost 2 years injured. Do you expect him just to tear his contract up?

BorisManUtd

According to an article I read RR was close to signing for arsenal after Wenger but got pissed when they resigned Ozil. I don’t think he takes very nicely to wastes of talent on high wages. I think Pogba will go but to who? His options are drying up fast, no Juve, no Bayern
Wherever Pogba goes, if he is to leave, that club won't be paying any transfer fee for him so those big wages shouldn't be a huge problem. Real, Juve, even Barca though not sure if they are ready to pay big wages. Surely there are clubs in for him when he is free agent.

Raiola is one but certainly big reason why I wouldn't be happy with Haaland coming to United.

golden_blunder

Staff
Wherever Pogba goes, if he is to leave, that club won't be paying any transfer fee for him so those big wages shouldn't be a huge problem. Real, Juve, even Barca though not sure if they are ready to pay big wages. Surely there are clubs in for him when he is free agent.

Raiola is one but certainly big reason why I wouldn't be happy with Haaland coming to United.
Even on a free, Juve, Bayern and Barca won’t be paying the salary he will be looking for. Those days are gone. I hope United have followed suit and not increased his salary in whatever we’ve offered

BorisManUtd

Even on a free, Juve, Bayern and Barca won’t be paying the salary he will be looking for. Those days are gone. I hope United have followed suit and not increased his salary in whatever we’ve offered
Well then he'll have to lessen his wage demands otherwise won't be playing for any club soon. United shouldn't negotiate new contract with Pogba beyond December, though I'd be more happy if there are no negotiations anymore at this point.

R'hllor

Someone just read wiki stats and somehow thinks team winning = player is awesome. Next we have to sign Coutinho, he won 2 league titles with Barca, Treble with Bayern, Copa America with Brazil. Both are bench players, just like Jesus is not awesome for winning 3 or 4 PL titles now.

This has nothing to do with Martial and good that you picked only Perisic from that list, shows how shit your argument was.
Dunno why you even waste your time on it, when you know whats really behind it.

Tallis

I have never felt Haaland would join Utd. The opportunity was 2 years ago when he went to Dortmund. Barca barely have enough change to afford Coffee so he is not going there.

This is between Real and City I think. Or maybe PSG if they offer an obscene amount of money. Unlikely as it seems, there is a strong possibility that Real sign Haaland and Mbappe in the same summer. Mbappe would be on a free and Haaland has that affordable release clause, so the transfer fee is very manageable. They would need to pay them €800k - 1m per week to each of them but they have contracts expiring for Bale, Marcelo, Isco so they may have some of those wages freed up as well

suheilsworld

I think with Rangnick coming in, Riaola can see that suddenly he and his client does not have the bargaining power. If we give him a new contract, no way we give him what they desire for. Rangnick is the future DoF and he will not sanction this. It will basically be, take it or leave it. It is such a fresh approach and lovely to see. No wonder why Riaola is mouthing off again trying to get interests from other clubs. Maybe PSG and Real can afford him, but do they need him?

JohnnyLaw

I think with Rangnick coming in, Riaola can see that suddenly he and his client does not have the bargaining power. If we give him a new contract, no way we give him what they desire for. Rangnick is the future DoF and he will not sanction this. It will basically be, take it or leave it. It is such a fresh approach and lovely to see. No wonder why Riaola is mouthing off again trying to get interests from other clubs. Maybe PSG and Real can afford him, but do they need him?
I’m sure PSG will be looking to save face from losing Mbappé, just like Barcelona did when PSG took Neymar off of them. Aside from Verratti who’s rarely fit and 33 year old Di Maria their midfield looks quite pedestrian.

I’m sure Real would like to make another galactico statement alongside Mbappé to really signal that they mean business.
Pogba could perhaps also smoothen the transition from Kroos/Modric era into the younger generation of Camavinga, Valverde.

Last edited:

GMoore23

Finally :drool::drool:
I hope he can get us playing well because he's exactly the type of manager I have been craving.

Pogba can sign a lesser contract for the rotational player he has become or
G T F O .

On the rehab,
Absolute sweet symphony to my ears as this rehab business has been driving me crazy. We have world class medical facilities and staff here at this club yet players go on holiday when they're rehabilitating.
Pogba was off playing fecking basketball once, fecking basketball when he should have been here working on getting back playing for us.
Schweinsteiger was off watching fecking tennis matches.
I have no doubt players have prolonged their recoveries at times with the club allowing them to live it up around the world.
In my opinion. If a player is injured, he is still a member of Manchester United and should be at Carrington everyday the same as the rest unless he has a severe injury like a broken leg or head fracture.

I would also demand every member of the squad be at every game whether they are playing or not. Little to ask for when paying them hundreds of thousands each per week.

Son

Whoever buys him is getting one of the best players in the world let’s not forget that.

In a slower league he’s perfect. It’s not really his fault either it hasn’t worked at United. He’s overall done well wherever he’s been asked to play.

He can be Toni Kroos’s successor in Madrid medium term.

Our best midfielder by a country mile when he’s on form but there’s no consistency in our team.

We invite sides to press us and play him in a deep role exposing his weaknesses in a 2 man midfield. He should be allowed to take risks but cannot in our side.

Needs to be 3 or 4 bodies in there not just Pogba with a lightweight Fred / Mc or a slow aging CDM Matic. Never gonna work is it.

M16Red

Finally :drool::drool:
I hope he can get us playing well because he's exactly the type of manager I have been craving.

Pogba can sign a lesser contract for the rotational player he has become or
G T F O .

On the rehab,
Absolute sweet symphony to my ears as this rehab business has been driving me crazy. We have world class medical facilities and staff here at this club yet players go on holiday when they're rehabilitating.
Pogba was off playing fecking basketball once, fecking basketball when he should have been here working on getting back playing for us.
Schweinsteiger was off watching fecking tennis matches.
I have no doubt players have prolonged their recoveries at times with the club allowing them to live it up around the world.
In my opinion. If a player is injured, he is still a member of Manchester United and should be at Carrington everyday the same as the rest unless he has a severe injury like a broken leg or head fracture.

I would also demand every member of the squad be at every game whether they are playing or not. Little to ask for when paying them hundreds of thousands each per week.
You mean like, when my employer asks me to go into work... dictating bastards, how dare pay me and then ask me go in?

matt10000

Yes we hired Jose and then didn’t trust or back him. Crazy, large companies don’t head hunt the best available and then not give them control. It may well have gone tits up eventually but we may well have won the league.

el3mel

Yes we hired Jose and then didn’t trust or back him. Crazy, large companies don’t head hunt the best available and then not give them control. It may well have gone tits up eventually but we may well have won the league.
Mourinho deserved the sack, but it was obvious back then he was right about both Pogba and Martial. People just didn't to believe it. The club should have sold them after sacking him as well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mourinho deserved the sack, but it was obvious back then he was right about both Pogba and Martial. People just didn't to believe it. The club should have sold them after sacking him as well.
In which way was he right and why these two players in particular? And didn't Martial got his best season after Mourinho?

el3mel

In which way was he right and why these two players in particular? And didn't Martial got his best season after Mourinho?
Pogba is a good player but it was clear back then it was impossible for United to build a functional midfield around him. His problems in center midfield is way too many and exceed his qualities as a player. No matter what he did with Juve, it was clear United won't be able to utilize him similarly in a league with high intensity as Premier League. His passes and shooting are good, but they're simply not worth it when you see your midfield getting destroyed off ball every few games.

As for Martial, he has always been a player of purple patches and nothing more. Good squad option but it was crazy people actually thought of him as a permanent starter in a team that can win trophies with his inconsistency level and lazy style of play.

It doesn't need rocket science really.

Neither are bad players, but both of them have problems that overweight their benefits.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pogba is a good player but it was clear back then it was impossible for United to build a functional midfield around him. His problems in center midfield is way too many and exceed his qualities as a player. No matter what he did with Juve, it was clear United won't be able to utilize him similarly in a league with high intensity as Premier League. His passes and shooting are good, but they're simply not worth it when you see your midfield getting destroyed off ball every few games.

As for Martial, he has always been a player of purple patches and nothing more. Good squad option but it was crazy people actually thought of him as a permanent starter in a team that can win trophies with his inconsistency level and lazy style of play.

It doesn't need rocket science really.

Neither are bad players, but both of them have problems that overweight their benefits.
None of that answer the questions. Martial being a squad player is perfectly fine and building around Pogba was never a good idea and that's why no one actually did it. So you basically wrote a post explaining why Mourinho was wrong and sacked, if what you wrote mirrors his opinion then he was a bit thick.

frostbite

SAF used to say that most people don’t recognise that being hard working is a talent. And that statement holds true today. When the conversation veers towards talented players - or in this case “hugely talented” - it inevitably focuses on players of high technical ability. But if one ever reframes the perception of what “talented” really means and gives equal weighting compared to technical ability, to attributes such as mental fitness, consistent application, and hard work; then Pobga really doesn’t fit the description of being “hugely talented” anymore. Instead he becomes viewed as what he actually is: a mediocre player in terms of real world effectiveness, who possesses some eye catching technical qualities that sporadically result in an impressive highlights reel.

Holding onto this notion that he is a superb talent is what has prevented a ruthless analysis of his performances and perpetuated his central role in the team under successive managers. It’s what led to his signing in the first place.

Consider the excessive weighting given to his relative mastery of some advanced skills - long range passing, vision, flair moves - and then contextualise them alongside his lack of proficiency in the more fundamental attributes of his position - tackling, bravery, work rate, decision making, short range passing, positioning, and teamwork - the basics for a midfielder, and you have to ask yourself ‘hugely talented at what exactly?’

Whenever I think of it in these terms, I not only come to the conclusion that he’d be my 5th choice midfielder at the club, but that the honest assessment of him is that he’s just not very good. Once I grasped that, I wondered why on earth I held on so long waiting for him to “come good”; and it’s because all the things he’s good at, are the things that are most rare and coveted in a player. But that desire assumes all the key fundamentals are in place and those skills are his differentiator. Not with Pogba.

He’s the emerald city built on quick sand. All gravy and no meat. The icing without the cake. A CGI blockbuster with no storyline. If he was a movie he’d be Prometheus; amazing trailer, damp squib of a film. If he was a porn star, he’d have the biggest dick on set, but no balls to give him an erection.

He’s so deeply, fundamentally flawed for the professional role he was acquired for, that he should be analytically viewed as perhaps the worst signing in our history.

tl;dr: He's rubbish
Post of the year! With balls!

el3mel

None of that answer the questions. Martial being a squad player is perfectly fine and building around Pogba was never a good idea and that's why no one actually did it. So you basically wrote a post explaining why Mourinho was wrong and sacked, if what you wrote mirrors his opinion then he was a bit thick.
I answered the questions. Your problem is you think your opinion is the one shared by the entire fanbase. No it's not. The majority were thinking Martial is the future of Man United and should be permanent starter and Pogba should be the center of the team and we should build the team around him and his qualities.