Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The ever decreasing number of suitors actually makes us look better in my opinion. Everyone likes to use Pogba's signing as some sort of stick to beat us with but we bought back a great prospect from a big European team, in a position of need, for our (then) WC manager. Not our fault he just was never that good and spent most of his time giving the ball away and moaning about the club, flirting with other clubs etc.

Now, he's a free agent and no big teams are queuing up for him. No Barca, no Bayern, no City, no Real, no PSG. Shows that we are well rid tbh.

Superunknown

The ever decreasing number of suitors actually makes us look better in my opinion. Everyone likes to use Pogba's signing as some sort of stick to beat us with but we bought back a great prospect from a big European team, in a position of need, for our (then) WC manager. Not our fault he just was never that good and spent most of his time giving the ball away and moaning about the club, flirting with other clubs etc.

Now, he's a free agent and no big teams are queuing up for him. No Barca, no Bayern, no City, no Real, no PSG. Shows that we are well rid tbh.
This is exactly how I feel. It was a signing that made a lot of sense at the time and was very, very exciting. It's been, unfortunately, very underwhelming. Partly because he never lived up to expectations, partly because we have also been pretty shit, to say the least.

Where he goes next is no concern of mine. I wish him well and all that, but franky...I couldn't give a shit who gets him next.

RedDevil@84

Don't really care as long as we don't take him. I will truly be relieved, only when someone signs him. Till then there is this sword of a new contract hanging.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Juve’s midfield was such a black hole recently, he would improve them by just showing up, playing a few vertical balls and scoring a couple of goals. No need for more as a freebie and no higher expectations than that.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Juve’s midfield was such a black hole recently, he would improve them by just showing up, playing a few vertical balls and scoring a couple of goals. No need for more as a freebie and no higher expectations than that.
Not sure he’ll even offer you that.

L1nk

:lol: he has an Amazon Documentary coming up, please just leave already

iKnowNothing

What’s usually the official date of end of contract? Is it May 31st? Or is it somewhere in June? Could he be waiting for that date to announce where he’s going next? (Not that I care etc..)

ti vu

What’s usually the official date of end of contract? Is it May 31st? Or is it somewhere in June? Could he be waiting for that date to announce where he’s going next? (Not that I care etc..)
End of June I believe.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Juventus REALLY want him but it seems he might not want them afterall...still waiting for other offers that aren't coming as of yet...

GazTheLegend

:lol: he has an Amazon Documentary coming up, please just leave
My word. Given how badly he's played for quite some time, it's tone deaf bordering on delusional to be releasing a documentary. That plus, well, he's still a professional footballer, surely the plaudits and documentaries come AFTER a successful career, not while you're in the middle of it. But that's the sort of footballer we signed, I suppose.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Can we all laugh at him now, if not for anything but for fecking his image up, he actually thought anyone would be stupid enough to offer him a better deal than what he had at United.

The Red Thinker

There should be option to ignore thread son this forum. I honestly don’t care about Pogba anymore. An astonishing disappointment. It’s like a breakup so bad you knew that had the circumstances been right it would have been amazing, but it never happened. So please… admins! Have an ignore button… or if it exists, point me to it!

Bestie07

There should be option to ignore thread son this forum. I honestly don’t care about Pogba anymore. An astonishing disappointment. It’s like a breakup so bad you knew that had the circumstances been right it would have been amazing, but it never happened. So please… admins! Have an ignore button… or if it exists, point me to it!
There is! Top left.

MDFC Manager

Can we all laugh at him now, if not for anything but for fecking his image up, he actually thought anyone would be stupid enough to offer him a better deal than what he had at United.
Or, maybe, just maybe, he isn't really after a better financial deal...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's a net wage and guaranteed wage, on top of that there are add ons and then signing on fee. He will make lot of money.

Nero

He dreamt of Madrid and in the end had to crawl back to Juve, tail between legs.

WPMUFC

Wonder if that doco will reveal he faked injuries to get out of MUFC? Especially in context with some of the journo articles recently about the club. Would make for a "shocking reveal" to spice up the viewing numbers.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Seems like Juventus have a permanent hard on for him. He can be 34+clubless and Juve will still welcome him back. Its really weird. They wanted to save money and are now resigning Pogba?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Frustrating player, likeable guy (off the pitch). I'm glad I can occasionally watch some highlights from the farmer's league and see some magic without having to deal with him stinking in my team.

The Original

There is obviously an option to ignore threads. Don't click on them and you wont be forced to view them.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine going back to a much declined Juventus, with your tail between your legs ... No Real/Barca/PSG/Munich ... Also I don't believe he declined City out of respect for United ... sounds like PR to improve the "image" after he realized that nobody cares that he left.

Nero

Imagine going back to a much declined Juventus, with your tail between your legs ... No Real/Barca/PSG/Munich ... Also I don't believe he declined City out of respect for United ... sounds like PR to improve the "image" after he realized that nobody cares that he left.
Exactly. When he was running down his contract he would have been expecting the world's top teams to be lining up for him. None of them care.

Glorio

It will be intriguing to see if he is good.
I reckon he will overall - the pace of the league suits him. I suspect he might still struggle for consistency in performances from time to time, but not as much as he did here.