Paul Pogba / turned down United offer of 300k as “nothing”

laughtersassassin

It's so funny seeing all the irrational hatred of him for the last 3 years then seeing the same people hate him for not signing a contract.

I wonder why that is? Probably a big reason is he is treated like shit by a large amount of our "fans"

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It's so funny seeing all the irrational hatred of him for the last 3 years then seeing the same people hate him for not signing a contract.

I wonder why that is? Probably a big reason is he is treated like shit by a large amount of our "fans"
oh dear... if he is that weak, he'd never have made it in professional football. My reason for wanting to sell him is a) he doesn't really seem to want to be at the club and b) he hasn't been anywhere near consistent enough

laughtersassassin

oh dear... if he is that weak, he'd never have made it in professional football. My reason for wanting to sell him is a) he doesn't really seem to want to be at the club and b) he hasn't been anywhere near consistent enough
I said it would be part of the reason bit the only reason. It's naïve to think being irrationality hated wouldn't weigh on someone. Remember when he was our top scorer top assister top everything a few years ago? Yet in the final day of the season he was booed and abused for the failings of others. Yet they where all praised.

Nothing wrong with wanting to leave. It's not a crime.

Still been much much better than most of our other players.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I said it would be part of the reason. Nothing wrong with wanting to leave. It's not a crime.

Still been much much better than most of our other players.
Never said it was a crime. Neither is selling him when we can get money for him. If he wants to leave, what's the point of keeping him?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The club will cop a lot of flack if he walks on a free next summer but what can they do if he won't sign a new contract and no one wants to buy him? They're literally powerless in this situation

Wenger also copped a lot of flack in his later Arsenal years but he did predict years ago that more and more players would start moving on free transfers and so it seems to be

El Zoido

The club will cop a lot of flack if he walks on a free next summer but what can they do if he won't sign a new contract and no one wants to buy him? They're literally powerless in this situation

Wenger also copped a lot of flack in his later Arsenal years but he did predict years ago that more and more players would start moving on free transfers and so it seems to be
It’s happening with a lot of players, to the point where I was actually surprised that Grealish signed a new contract with Villa last summer. If Pogba doesn’t want to sign then he doesn’t want to sign, we can’t force him. This team can be great without him.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Pogba seems to believe in his agent. The agent tells Paul he’s bigger than the club, the manager, the system. There is clearly a genuine bond between Paul and his colleagues and the club, but all the above must play second fiddle to the priorities of the Agent. Whether that character is working in the best interests of the player, is another question.

Last edited:

GBBQ

That is precisely called "contract extension" right? I would be shocked if we didn't do that already.

It's clear he decided to leave this until now (last year of contract) because that would put a huge pressure on us to pay him whatever he/his agent demands. The problem is though, I think he miscalculated because he's really not that important for us anymore. And we're fine with him leaving this season, just need to find a buyer.

In my opinion it would be a big mistake to let him run his contract down and leave on a free, I'd take any serious money and just sell him. Replacement is required, but I'm pretty sure we can figure it out.
I don't think we have a choice, Madrid and Barcelona can't afford him. Juventus are unlikely to be able to pay a fee and meet his wage expectations. Bayern wont pay those wages. We're unlikely to sell to City or Chelsea. It really leaves PSG and I'm sure they'd be happy to wait a year and pay him his wages in brown envelopes since we're unlikely to sell on the cheap.

From Pogba's perspective, having a year to see if United can push on with the new signings / new formation, how Madrid and Barcelona recover financially (if at all) and what other opportunities might be on the table makes sense. Though it would be funny if United got their shit together and finally clicked only to tell him then that he's surplus to requirements and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

Hate is probably too strong a word but it's hardly Irrational to doubt someones commitment to the club when he's openly flaunted his desire to leave at least 3 times that we know of in the last 5 years. If he doesn't show commitment to the club why should we show commitment towards him? I don't blame the player directly. I blame his agent but while Pogba continues to hire his agent the 2 of them can leave tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

If Pogba does re-sign with us it's only because he hasn't received any better offers. Not because he's desperate to stay and if you honestly think that if he does re-sign there won't be anymore waves coming from him, "to find a new challenge" within a year, then I think you're being very naive.

laughtersassassin

If he doesn't want to be here, then sell him now but bring in a top DM in his place.
The thing is we need a creative replacement for him too

Fred is way too limited as a box to box. Can't shoot can't create can't pass brilliantly etc etc

To me If we signed a DM, I'd rather a midfield of a DM and Pogba than a DM and Fred.

Last edited:

DanClancy

Imagine spending £90m on a player 5 years ago who's performances have mixed the good and the bad and is running down his contract so he can leave the club on a free for a 2nd time; Then there's simpletons who wonder why he's not liked.

iKnowNothing

If he doesn't want to be here, then sell him now but bring in a top DM in his place.
I keep seeing this posted and while agree with the sentiment, if Pogba only wants to go to a certain club and if that club doesn’t come in with an offer knowing they can get him for free next year, then what options does the club have? It’s pretty similar to Mbappe and PSG. There’s feck all either clubs can do here.

Bestietom

We have a few young players if given the chance could turn out to save us millions. Ole and his sidekicks keep informing us of their talents. Then he should give them their chance. Other top clubs do it, why can't we. Amad, Mejbri, Elanga, and Shoretire, are examples

City = Fodden
Chelsea = Mount

Just 2 who have turned out to be brilliant players.

Bestietom

I keep seeing this posted and while agree with the sentiment, if Pogba only wants to go to a certain club and if that club doesn’t come in with an offer knowing they can get him for free next year, then what options does the club have? It’s pretty similar to Mbappe and PSG. There’s feck all either clubs can do here.
Yes I agree here. Then we must be prepared to lose him for nothing next season.

led_scholes

Sell him even for 40 millions. Given that his wages are around 20 million, that's a bit too much to lose for someone who doesn't even fit our system 100% and has a viper as an agent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The thing is we need a creative replacement for him too

Fred is way too limited as a box to box. Can't shoot can't create can't pass brilliantly etc etc

To me If we signed a DM, I'd rather a midfield of a DM and Pogba than a DM and Fred.
With Bruno, Sancho, Shaw and Rashford in the starting lineup, which will likely be the case for the majority of the season, injuries permitting, we're well-stocked in the creativity department with or without Pogba. We need to back them up by adding more stability to the midfield. An energetic box to box type like Franc Kessie or a limited but solid DM like Rice would suffice. If we do plan to sell Pogba this summer, then we should get it done asap so we have time to find a suitable replacement.

arthurka

He's after 400k or he's leaving on a free, absolute cnuts trick to be honest after he left once for free and we paid 90 million and 270 a week for five years of meh with the occasional glimpse.
And who is the idiot in this story?

Bestie07

If we get 80 million for him with a year left on his deal, I will be delighted. Whatever the reasons may have been, fact is that he hasn't produced consistently enough for us to warrant paying him the kind of money that he would demand going into his thirties. As long as we can find a replacement who is a better fit for our team, we should be alright.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Of course we're not getting 80m for him. But have talks between clubs been verified by anyone credible?

Cloud7

Transfer fees have gotten too big. A lot of players end up getting priced out of moves. Unless Covid normalizes transfer fees a bit, which we haven't really seen evidence of, then we're going to see more and more players moving on free transfers. And to be honest, you can't blame them either.

CM

I can't see anyone fronting up that kind of money when he has a year left on his deal. Raiola will make sure he earns a nice wedge off this next contract so it won't be a cheap signing.

We'd be doing well to get circa €50m.

slored1

Imagine spending £90m on a player 5 years ago who's performances have mixed the good and the bad and is running down his contract so he can leave the club on a free for a 2nd time; Then there's simpletons who wonder why he's not liked.
Some weirdos prefer him over Bruno. Will never understand that.

Jaxa

1. A Focused Paul Pogba who wants to be in this team will be great, he will add a lot to the season ahead.

2. A Paul Pogba who doesn't truly want to be here or has major doubts and then the fans and players having to experience a years worth of constant speculation on where he will move to on a free will cause turmoil and anger between the fans and also the players who are with him everyday, maybe not the anger part for the players but it will certainly cause some disruption, these players are glued to social media as we all are and the main personality in the changing room seeking a move away with his rat bag agent speaking about a transfer constantly is toxic.

Therefore this really needs to be sorted asap, he signs a new contract or he leaves.

Win win either way, you cannot allow this to drag on throughout the season though, that will be the worst outcome.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Can we stop with the pretense Pogba has been shit for us? He might not have lived up to expectations, but that doesn't mean he has been poor or even average, not by any stretch. We will struggle to replace him, yet some of you lunatics will have us believe we've been playing with 10 men for the last 5 years.

Oldyella

I can't see anyone fronting up that kind of money when he has a year left on his deal. Raiola will make sure he earns a nice wedge off this next contract so it won't be a cheap signing.

We'd be doing well to get circa €50m.
Think that quoted figure includes his slice and like you say, we will end up with 40 or 50mill, give or take. Would take it tbh.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If PSG is really interest in him, let’s not price him out of the market to cool off their interest. But of course, let’s see how much they could offer first. I personally think 50m pounds would be an acceptable deal, anything more is a plus.

spiriticon

He's got his pal Varane booking a flight to Manchester, Sancho already signed and probably thinks on a similar wavelength to him in attack.

Why would you stay in the crap for the last 5 years and then leave when it starts to get really exciting? To Madrid, I can understand. To PSG? Ugh. Really?

RUCK4444

Can we stop with the pretense Pogba has been shit for us? He might not have lived up to expectations, but that doesn't mean he has been poor or even average, not by any stretch. We will struggle to replace him, yet some of you lunatics will have us believe we've been playing with 10 men for the last 5 years.
Let them believe what they like, then we can be smug when McFred are fumbling about in midfield and there is a world of pressure on Bruno to be the creative force from midfield. I'm sure they will turn their attention to Ole and blame him then. ;)

Jokes aside, it's a worry losing one of our best players, people will tell you it's nothing and we won't miss him. Let's see.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How credible is this source?

meamth

Thank you.