g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Paul Scholes - Pure Class, Silk in a Glass

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I remember when he came out of retirement and it was reported he wore an old boots to the first match after retiring and totally bossed that midfield. Was hoping he would continue for another 3 years.

kaku06

Vulgarian
My favourite United player ever. You can shove all the stats and goals of lampard and moments of hero me stevie g up your arse. No one comes close to him as a football player and his genius on the pitch. Absolute maestro with his vision, touch, passing, technique, control. God, I loved Scholes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I re-watched the full game of that not too long ago. As soon as he came on, the game ended. Arsenal just couldn't get near him.

Aside from his amazing possession play, he also had a typical Scholes challenge on Nasri which really upset Arsenal as they were dealing with injuries, and Djourou had just got injured earlier that game. That was the season Nasri and Nani were competing for best wide player in the league, and I was hopeful of us signing Nasri (I believe Fergie wanted him and we did make an offer but he chose City).

But, yeah, Paul Scholes...

Swedish_Plumber

That clip is so good. We really need players in general that others in the team trust to give the ball and do something with it. You can tell the players passing to him not only know he’s free but that he’s the man that can get things done.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It's ridiculous how lucky we were to have Giggs and scholes who were both insanely versatile and changed position in their latter years without dipping in quality.

El Zoido

One of the most intelligent footballers I’ve ever seen. I have a thing for this, love a “smart” footballer, you can have a player that’s technically restricted but has great footballing intelligence and can read the game perfect and take advantage of it. The alternative is a dumb player who’s technically skilled. When you have a player who’s got great football intelligence and is technically gifted, you end up with an elite player such as Paul Scholes. Almost like a pro chess player that was operating a few moves ahead of the rest, it’s amazing to watch. I think a big problem we have currently is we have too many stupid players, such as Antony and AWB.

Red Regista

He was so fecking good

Ten times the player Bruno is.
What Bruno often attempts but can't really do, Scholesy did on a game to game basis, for over a decade on the highest level.

I called myself 'Red Regista' in honour of Scholesy (later in his career).
One of the finest players in United history.