Paul Scholes

other red

Alright, I am definitely a WUM and an ABU (learned them both here) but I do want to put that all aside and pay tribute to a truly excellent player.

If I have to list my all time greatest players, I have to admit that George Best is amongst them. If I have to admit my favourite players of the last decade, Scholes has to be amongst them! He's absolute class. He's probably the best midfielder in Britain, and possibly the world! I keep hearing about Keane, Gerrard and Vieira, but none of those 3 actually score enough goals, even though they're all bloody good players.

Scholes is the complete midfielder. He knows instinctively where to be, when to be there, and what to do with the ball when he gets it. The greatest compliment I can give him, is that I'd have him in the Liverpool team tomorrow!!

He's hard, he's fair, he's quiet, he's a model professiona who'll never (thankfully) be in the media spotlight.

For me, he's a truly fantastic player, and I take my hat off to him.

Murt

other red said:
Alright, I am definitely a WUM and an ABU (learned them both here) but I do want to put that all aside and pay tribute to a truly excellent player.
If I have to list my all time greatest players, I have to admit that George Best is amongst them. If I have to admit my favourite players of the last decade, Scholes has to be amongst them! He's absolute class. He's probably the best midfielder in Britain, and possibly the world! I keep hearing about Keane, Gerrard and Vieira, but none of those 3 actually score enough goals, even though they're all bloody good players.
Scholes is the complete midfielder. He knows instinctively where to be, when to be there, and what to do with the ball when he gets it. The greatest compliment I can give him, is that I'd have him in the Liverpool team tomorrow!!
He's hard, he's fair, he's quiet, he's a model professiona who'll never (thankfully) be in the media spotlight.
and to top it all off he hates scousers :keano:

Murt

Murt said:
and to top it all off he hates scousers :keano:
Seriously though, a great post by the other red, i feel like breaking the barriers so that the scousers & us can move on in peace and harmony.

Other Red, can you point me in the direction of a Liverpool forum where i can go in and take my hat off to Emile Heskey? :drunk:

other red

Murt said:
Seriously though, a great post by the other red, i feel like breaking the barriers so that the scousers & us can move on in peace and harmony.

Other Red, can you point me in the direction of a Liverpool forum where i can go in and take my hat off to Emile Heskey? :drunk:
Murt, you can't possibly be a bigger critic than me of Heskey........ or Houllier for for that matter.

But at least I have the balls to admit it. I know i sometimes come on here just to wind you lot up, but great footballers are great footballers, no matter who they play for.

Murt

other red said:
Murt, you can't possibly be a bigger critic than me of Heskey........ or Houllier for for that matter.

But at least I have the balls to admit it. I know i sometimes come on here just to wind you lot up, but great footballers are great footballers, no matter who they play for.
what ever happened to the 3rd commandent!!!! :annoyed:

3 Gerard Houllier
Gerard Houllier has brought in his own tactical now-how. He's bought in quality players, and he has let some of the other players go. He's outted the moaners, and whingers at the club, and now has assembled a tight bunch of passionate players that are so glad that they have th privelage of wearing the red jersey. He's here for the long run. He said it would take time. And it has. But he's building a formidabble team, and no doubt his man manegement skills eminate through to the players. Controlled, focussed and never afraid to air his honest views, Houllier has finally brought back the spirit of the Liverpool of old.

anyway i wouldnt worry too much about your current run of poor form. After all i allways say that after a period of succes one can expect a leveling out, a plateau as it were and im sure youll turn the corner soon. :xmas:

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
other red said:

Get stuffed.

mu77

don't leave your hat on the ground heskey will fall over it!

other red

Murt said:
what ever happened to the 3rd commandent!!!! :annoyed:

3 Gerard Houllier
Gerard Houllier has brought in his own tactical now-how. He's bought in quality players, and he has let some of the other players go. He's outted the moaners, and whingers at the club, and now has assembled a tight bunch of passionate players that are so glad that they have th privelage of wearing the red jersey. He's here for the long run. He said it would take time. And it has. But he's building a formidabble team, and no doubt his man manegement skills eminate through to the players. Controlled, focussed and never afraid to air his honest views, Houllier has finally brought back the spirit of the Liverpool of old.

anyway i wouldnt worry too much about your current run of poor form. After all i allways say that after a period of succes one can expect a leveling out, a plateau as it were and im sure youll turn the corner soon. :xmas:
Yawn!

If you go back to that original post of mine... and please do.... it says RIGHT THERE, "I can't take the credit for this but"..... your very own VanNistelrater or whoever the hell he is, has debated this with me time and again... I friggin' cut and pasted that post from someone else. I take full responsibility for using it to wind you lot up, but DID NOT write it!

Murt.... my paddy friend... if you wish to see me exposed (!) in all my glory (!!) read my columns at thisisanfield.com..... you'll be very impressed, cos my writing's no less than absolutely brilliant :yawn: about English football's most successful club..... EVER!

other red

VanNistlerater said:
Get stuffed.
Tosser. But what else would I expect from a clown like you?

Write another 400 posts on here today, there's a good chap. Oh by the way, "there's a world outside your window" if you care to get up from your computer.

This is an honest assessment of the talent of Paul Scholes, you brain dead fool!

kelvinhole

Hello Kevin
vijay_vr said:
Top class player is fit to play in any postion in the midfield by the way
he has risen up he might end up as a bigger phenom than both Cantona and Keane
indeed

other red

vijay_vr said:
Top class player is fit to play in any postion in the midfield by the way
he has risen up he might end up as a bigger phenom than both Cantona and Keane
He never will for the simple fact that he's not controversial enough to make the headlines! The media don't care about a 5 foot 6 inch ginger haired quiet lad.... not 'marketable' enough! But in terms of talent and influence, he's right up there with the two you mention.

Alek M

Da manic one
other red said:

WUM

Yj

My college teacher (who's a scouser fan) reckons that Houlier is GAY with Heskey :drunk:

oh yes, Scholes is the heart and soul of United, the backbone of their formidable force all these years. Admire him with utmost respect, as said, Scholesy and Nedved are two of the most under-rated attacking midfielders in Europe. Either of them should have gotten the World Footballer of the Year, instead of Zizou, who seemed mediocre last season relative to his past standards.

other red

Yj said:
My college teacher (who's a scouser fan) reckons that Houlier is GAY with Heskey :drunk:

oh yes, Scholes is the heart and soul of United, the backbone of their formidable force all these years. Admire him with utmost respect, as said, Scholesy and Nedved are two of the most under-rated attacking midfielders in Europe. Either of them should have gotten the World Footballer of the Year, instead of Zizou, who seemed mediocre last season relative to his past standards.

what's a scouser fan?

are you a manchester fan?

mu77

what's a scouser fan?

a bin dipper!

did i get it right?

other red

mu77 said:
what's a scouser fan?

a bin dipper!

did i get it right?

ever checked the statistics for crime in Manchester? Ever taken a really good look at the state of the City of Manchester? Try it, you'll be unpleasantly surprised.

VanNistelrater

Poncey film buff
MUFC Champions 2006/2007: Where will the goals com
other red said:
Tosser. But what else would I expect from a clown like you?

Write another 400 posts on here today, there's a good chap. Oh by the way, "there's a world outside your window" if you care to get up from your computer.

This is an honest assessment of the talent of Paul Scholes, you brain dead fool!
Though I dont post as much as others on here, I must confess that I probably post a bit too much, but it could be worse, I could look like...

mu77

ever checked the statistics for crime in Manchester?

so some binnys nik a car and hit up manchester what about it? happens all the time. kin dippers