Paulo DiCanio

Waz

Watching West Ham Saturday I understand why Fergie wanted to buy Paulo 4 me he and can take players on and beat them with skill.
Ask Neville!!

After the Bayern match i feel he would have made a difference.

Yes/No?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Yes - buy him!!

And Crespo.

And Cisse.

And Matthew Christie is worth a gamble.

And Leeds will be dumping Viduka and Keane.

Buy em all.....

redpie

It would have been nice and worth the risk to see DiCanio playing for United.

I think we all recognise certain superficial similarities with Cantona and I guess most United fans wanted the transfer to go through if only for this very reason.

But, nevermind the Dwight Yorke scenario...I think if DiCanio wanted United and we wanted him it would have happened.

I think, ultimately DiCanio bottled it and perhaps didn't want to be found out.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Anyway - if we couldn't spend £3m on Di-Canio, why can we suddenly spend £35 on Crespo???

Nix

Sometimes i feel this is probably United's greatest weakness, the players generally (apart from Giggs) have a problem taking on players. Now dont come at me telling me occasions when Beckham left Madrid for dead in the quarter final of CL 2 years ago or Ruud leaving the Depor defence for dead this year because obviously it happens, but I dont think often enough. This year Liverpool, Leeds and Bayern have proven to us how much we need players who can dribble the ball and take men on. Against Liverpool (in Anfield) they had 11 men behind the ball and made passing incredibly hard. We were missing Giggs that game, and the only way sometimes in those types of situations is to leave defenders for dead. I think Giggs has proved to us all how valuable he is when he plays, he has qualities that no one else on the team has. Hey, dont come at me telling me that I'm just spewing shit but this has become more and more apparent to me over the last few seasons. Just watch a United match with this in mind and you'll see what I mean.

United78

Would have been nice -- Probably would have even scored a few great goals.

But didn't happen and now probably won't !

Oh well!

Cigar

I dont know about that mate, i have a sneeky suspicion that di canio may yet still play for the reds.

If fergie likes a player he will get irrespective of age, just look at blanc!

watch this space.

manufanatic

"crazy"
I agree NIX, thats why jesper blomquest was so valuable to us during the Treble. He was the only other player who could take players on. I wish he was healthy and still in a United shirt.